If Puerto Rico becomes independent....

Posted in the Puerto Rico Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: May 12

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

#1 Oct 15, 2012
If PR decides to become independent it will be catastrophic. Within weeks a fleet of Venezuelan and Cuban warships will invade the island with Raul Castro in the front line, democracy will crumble and a communist dictatorship will arise, ALL Walmarts and Burger Kings will close shop, our children will be forced to pick coffee and harvest Yams for pennies a day, we will begin to die of starvation, we will begin to escape to Dominican Republic on small rafts, Christians will be persecuted, the whole island will basically sink to the bottom of the ocean if OUR destiny were in OUR hands.... we must by all means hold on to United States because an inferior race like ourselves should not govern itself... children should not babysit children.....
Dennis Algarin

Georgetown, TX

#2 Oct 15, 2012
PR Mythbuster wrote:
If PR decides to become independent it will be catastrophic. Within weeks a fleet of Venezuelan and Cuban warships will invade the island with Raul Castro in the front line, democracy will crumble and a communist dictatorship will arise, ALL Walmarts and Burger Kings will close shop, our children will be forced to pick coffee and harvest Yams for pennies a day, we will begin to die of starvation, we will begin to escape to Dominican Republic on small rafts, Christians will be persecuted, the whole island will basically sink to the bottom of the ocean if OUR destiny were in OUR hands.... we must by all means hold on to United States because an inferior race like ourselves should not govern itself... children should not babysit children.....
Dude you r delusional and a complete idiot, take your MEDS...
LIer

Marlboro, NJ

#3 Oct 15, 2012
Dennis Algarin wrote:
<quoted text>
His post was intended to be sarcastic.

And he (an independenista like you) actually lives in Puerto Rico.

Since: May 12

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#4 Oct 15, 2012
Dennis Algarin wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue duuude... PR will be poorer than haiti, communists will be burning churches to the ground, children will get beheaded in our streets... We must be a state its the only status that guarantees food stamps for our people, more federal funds is the only way to fix our economy.....
Dennis Algarin

Georgetown, TX

#5 Oct 16, 2012
PR Mythbuster wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue duuude... PR will be poorer than haiti, communists will be burning churches to the ground, children will get beheaded in our streets... We must be a state its the only status that guarantees food stamps for our people, more federal funds is the only way to fix our economy.....
Like i said "Delusional"
Dennis Algarin

Georgetown, TX

#6 Oct 16, 2012
LIer wrote:
<quoted text>
His post was intended to be sarcastic.
And he (an independenista like you) actually lives in Puerto Rico.
Mr. Lier I'am a Nationalist who believes in full sovereignty and
Independence for my people, no one country has the right to occupy
another and impose their citizenship on said country P.R.
LIer

Marlboro, NJ

#7 Oct 16, 2012
Dennis Algarin wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are you living in Texas and not Puerto Rico?

Mythbuster is the only independenista who actually puts his money where his mouth is and lives in Puerto Rico. Every other independenista on here lives in the safe and prosperous land of the Gringo imperialists .... like you.
PR Mythbuster

United States

#8 Oct 21, 2012
Dennis Algarin wrote:
<quoted text>

And I'm the idiot? LOL You couldn't even see through the sarcastic view point I expressed.... Anyway sadly, many ignorant Ricans actually think that an independent PR would be just like I stated above.. I still hear these "delusional" arguments all the time. Just yesterday an older man was telling me how only the PNP guarantees we will remain with the US, and the US is the only country that GIVES, his words," ni Russia, ni China, ningun pais le da a uno, solo Estados Unidos. Los populares son independentistas y comunistas, tu no sabes muchacho en Cuba nadie penso que era posible y mira como estamos, si ganan los populares vamos a terminar como Cuba. Nadie aprecia lo que tiene hasta que lo pierde. Aqui la gente es vaga quieren soberania pero no quieren sembrar...",,,, truly delusional, and by the way what the hell does farming have to do with independence?
Jorge

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

#9 Oct 22, 2012
PR Mythbuster wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm the idiot? LOL You couldn't even see through the sarcastic view point I expressed.... Anyway sadly, many ignorant Ricans actually think that an independent PR would be just like I stated above.. I still hear these "delusional" arguments all the time. Just yesterday an older man was telling me how only the PNP guarantees we will remain with the US, and the US is the only country that GIVES, his words," ni Russia, ni China, ningun pais le da a uno, solo Estados Unidos. Los populares son independentistas y comunistas, tu no sabes muchacho en Cuba nadie penso que era posible y mira como estamos, si ganan los populares vamos a terminar como Cuba. Nadie aprecia lo que tiene hasta que lo pierde. Aqui la gente es vaga quieren soberania pero no quieren sembrar...",,,, truly delusional, and by the way what the hell does farming have to do with independence?
Renounce your US citizenship first and then we'll talk.
PR Mythbuster

United States

#10 Oct 22, 2012
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Renounce your US citizenship first and then we'll talk.
US citizenship is over rated I don't value it, however there is no Puerto Rican citizenship available. And by the way getting Spanish citizenship is trading our US colonial citizenship for our former colonial master's citizenship. Although Spanish citizenship would facilitate travel abroad just as much as US citizenship..
Jorge

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

#11 Oct 22, 2012
PR Mythbuster wrote:
<quoted text>
US citizenship is over rated I don't value it, however there is no Puerto Rican citizenship available. And by the way getting Spanish citizenship is trading our US colonial citizenship for our former colonial master's citizenship. Although Spanish citizenship would facilitate travel abroad just as much as US citizenship..
Follow Juan Mari's path and be a true pro independence, renounce your US citizenship.

Thousands of island Puerto Ricans have done it before and they are able to travel, live here...you name it; your "there's no Puerto Rican citizenship" excuse is not valid anymore!
PR Mythbuster

United States

#12 Oct 22, 2012
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow Juan Mari's path and be a true pro independence, renounce your US citizenship.
Thousands of island Puerto Ricans have done it before and they are able to travel, live here...you name it; your "there's no Puerto Rican citizenship" excuse is not valid anymore!
What's so great about Spanish citizenship there are former colonial power, Jorge it makes no sense, if I truly dislike what the US has done to PR, I HATE what Spain did to PR. I hate to say it but its true the US has done more for PR in 100 years than Spain in 400... pal carajo Espana... I don't want citizenship from either of these countries..
Jorge

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

#13 Oct 22, 2012
PR Mythbuster wrote:
<quoted text>
What's so great about Spanish citizenship there are former colonial power, Jorge it makes no sense, if I truly dislike what the US has done to PR, I HATE what Spain did to PR. I hate to say it but its true the US has done more for PR in 100 years than Spain in 400... pal carajo Espana... I don't want citizenship from either of these countries..
Establish your own path (following D. Juan Mari and thousands others); demand your own destiny and renounce your US citizenship.

Don't be afraid!
PR Mythbuster

United States

#14 Oct 22, 2012
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Establish your own path (following D. Juan Mari and thousands others); demand your own destiny and renounce your US citizenship.
Don't be afraid!
Your just being silly, you can't be serious, but if you are I guess your implying that I receive some kind of benefit by having US ccitizenship. Can you please explain what is this benefit that I'm so scared to lose?
PR Mythbuster

United States

#15 Oct 22, 2012
PR Mythbuster wrote:
<quoted text> Your just being silly, you can't be serious, but if you are I guess your implying that I receive some kind of benefit by having US ccitizenship. Can you please explain what is this benefit that I'm so scared to lose?
please be honest with me. Tell me what will change in my life without US citizenship?
justhefacts

United States

#16 Oct 23, 2012
Dennis Algarin wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear this so many times in PR and sounds nice in feeling

BUT what that reality to survive. Not unlike a child that wants to get rid of the parents but has NO clue on they will be able to buy food...

Pr total budget last year was 28.8 Billion out of that the states send down over 18 Billion.

So how would PR make up that 18 billion??
PR Mythbuster

United States

#17 Oct 23, 2012
justhefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear this so many times in PR and sounds nice in feeling
BUT what that reality to survive. Not unlike a child that wants to get rid of the parents but has NO clue on they will be able to buy food...
Pr total budget last year was 28.8 Billion out of that the states send down over 18 Billion.
So how would PR make up that 18 billion??
Wrong in 2010 PRs GDP was 93.5 billion https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-... total US aid to PR is close to 25 billion yet US companies earn over 70 billion a year from PR.. You see it is the US that depends on us.. PR is a treasure chest for the US... Or are you naive enough to think that US has us as a territory because they are benevolent and love us.... Trust me we are not fooling them....
PR Mythbuster

United States

#18 Oct 23, 2012
We are the fools that allow US multi national companies run rampant through our back yards... All the Walgreens, CVS's, Blockbuster Video, Pep boys ect. Suck up are hard earned money and then deposit the profits in US banks, and reinvest in the US or whereever they want...
justhefacts

New York, NY

#19 Nov 24, 2012
PR Mythbuster wrote:
We are the fools that allow US multi national companies run rampant through our back yards... All the Walgreens, CVS's, Blockbuster Video, Pep boys ect. Suck up are hard earned money and then deposit the profits in US banks, and reinvest in the US or whereever they want...
Those Fools are the uneducated Ricans A few years ago the Daily Sun stated PR school student of 12th grade is at best a 9th grader in the states What you expect of 3.8 mill pop and 40% of them quit school to be able to Build a big business
justhefacts

New York, NY

#20 Nov 24, 2012
PR Mythbuster wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong in 2010 PRs GDP was 93.5 billion
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-...
Total US aid to PR is close to 25 billion yet US companies earn over 70 billion a year from PR..
How is it You Ricans are so ignorant.. I go thoriug this on PR site too many times. That 70 billion is NOT PROFIT. Its what the Product is worth retail meaning that also covers the Raw COST in making that product. Example Calf has a 1.8 Trillion GDP close to what the entire US fiscal Federal Budget, If that was Profit then calf wouldn't have Democratic cities declaring Bankruptcy Like PR
PR Mythbuster wrote:
<quoted text> You see it is the US that depends on us.. PR is a treasure chest for the US... Or are you naive enough to think that US has us as a territory because they are benevolent and love us.... Trust me we are not fooling them....
PR Mythbuster before you ever call yourself this you better go BACK to SCHOOL… Your response is EXACTLY why Ricans are looked at as so uneducated and how bad their schools are

Education 101, GDP “G ross D omestic P roduct is NOT a state/ island Budget. I’m so tired of teaching Ricans that the U.S. factories are NOT owned by the Island citizens in PR Why is it like you/ they ACT like its their factories Those U.S. Factories PAY the Ricans to build the factories, Pay PR fed Gov in that process. Pay to ship in the raw materials, import tax. US Factories PAYS the Workers to build that product and PAYS again the shipping cost to ship that product. So WHERE do you see anything here that PR PUTS toward the states in receiving Billions of dollars from the States!!!!!
http://www.caribbeanbusinesspr.com/news03.php...

Fortuño presented Tuesday a $9.26 billion general fund budget for fiscal year 2012, a $110 million increase over the spending package currently in place. Which that 9.2 comes from PR fist ilsland tax ( 7% starting in 2006 The I repeat the States sends down the bal of that 9.2
The consolidated budget proposal, including public corporations and federal funds, tops $28.6 billion, a $481 million hike over the current budget. The United States provided Puerto Rico with $21.4 billion in aid and benefits in 2009, according to the Consolidated Federal Funds Report compiled by the U.S. Census Bureau, not counting about $4.4 billion in stimulus funding and $430 million in rum rebates that Puerto Rico annually receives from the U.S. Treasury. Puerto Ricans pay federal taxes on income generated outside of Puerto Rico, there’s still a more than $20 billion imbalance between the taxes they pay and the benefits they receive

Increases federal education funding in Puerto Rico to $2 billion— 53.40%.
Provides $746.1 million to help Puerto Rico implement the reforms of No Child Left Behind.
Increases Title I funding to $536.5 million—$262.1 million over 2001 levels—to help Puerto Rico's neediest children.
Increases Special Education Grants for Puerto Rico to $106.4 million—$40.8 million over 2001 levels.
Provides $699.2 million in Federal Pell Grants to help ensure a college education for Puerto Rico students who otherwise might not be able to afford one.
Provides Puerto Rico with $347.4 million in funding for new Federal Student Loans that ensure greater access to a college education for more young people.
Provides access to $35.6 million in Reading First funding to ensure that every child in Puerto Rico learns to read by the third grade.
Provides $88.3 million to attract and retain highly qualified teachers in Puerto Rico's classrooms.
Provides $6.4 million for annual assessments so every mom and dad in Puerto Rico will know how well their children are learning and where they need improvement.
Provides $3.1 million to support students in Puerto Rico who are learning the English language.

PR Mythbuster Im the Expert here on PR Topix when it comes to PR economy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Puerto Rico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
San Juan during the Disco years. (Mar '14) May 29 Elana 23
MariMercy, ISA, Michelle D, RRivera, and USMail (Dec '09) May 17 Quirky 279
Why do Puerto Ricans THINK they're AMERICAN? (Oct '11) May 11 SaraSmile 1,167
Island born Puerto Ricans can have dual citizen... (Jun '11) May 6 spacedvb 164
News Puerto Rico won't make $370 million in debt pay... May 5 Old Dixiecrat 8
Why do Puerto Ricans Hate African-Americans? (Jun '12) Apr '16 Jenny 162
How do Puerto Ricans practice religion? Apr '16 nervrevo77 1
More from around the web