Why puertoricans deny their african ancestry??

Posted in the Puerto Rico Forum

to make dave happy

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#1 Jun 19, 2013
I been posting on topix lately, and had found, that many puertoricans speak embraces and some even glorifies, the spanish ancestry, tolerate the indian heritage, and vehemently deny the african ancestry, like is something wrong or shameful. What is your point of view??

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2 Jun 19, 2013
Some like El cacique are actually Irish mixed with Scottish but with Hispanic names , so El cacique claims.

El cacique told us in the JW forum that his lineage comes from the William Wallace lowlander Klan with some Irish Celtic blood mixed in.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#3 Jun 19, 2013
to make dave happy wrote:
I been posting on topix lately, and had found, that many puertoricans speak embraces and some even glorifies, the spanish ancestry, tolerate the indian heritage, and vehemently deny the african ancestry, like is something wrong or shameful. What is your point of view??
Topix is Topix.

Dont go by it.

The only Puerto Rican proud of his Indian heritage is Bhattia and the guy is of Pakistani origins.

So, he doesnt tolerate it, but embraces it.

On the other hand, most Puerto Ricans I know are extremely proud of their indigenous heritage...
to make dave happy

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#4 Jun 20, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix is Topix.
Dont go by it.
The only Puerto Rican proud of his Indian heritage is Bhattia and the guy is of Pakistani origins.
So, he doesnt tolerate it, but embraces it.
On the other hand, most Puerto Ricans I know are extremely proud of their indigenous heritage...
Mira como estas??? no te veia por aqui hace tanto tiempo!!
rrsaez

New Britain, CT

#5 Jun 20, 2013
This topic is incorrect. Actually people from Puerto Rico are the few Spanish speaking Islands that actually embraces there African heritage rather than deny. I mean there is always going to be racism amongst a few but that is everywhere.
to make dave happy

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#6 Jun 20, 2013
rrsaez wrote:
This topic is incorrect. Actually people from Puerto Rico are the few Spanish speaking Islands that actually embraces there African heritage rather than deny. I mean there is always going to be racism amongst a few but that is everywhere.
Well according to I have noticed here in topix there is a strong trend to deny the african ancestry, by that I meann that they admit the african influence is part of our history, but vehemently deny to have african blood, some even claim to be Irish.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#7 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Well according to I have noticed here in topix there is a strong trend to deny the african ancestry, by that I meann that they admit the african influence is part of our history, but vehemently deny to have african blood, some even claim to be Irish.
Que jo...robeta....LOL

Muchacha, deja que cada cual reclame lo que le venga en gana...si total, por mas que vayan a Irlanda, jamas pasaran por irlandeses...LOL
to make dave happy

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#8 Jun 22, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Que jo...robeta....LOL
Muchacha, deja que cada cual reclame lo que le venga en gana...si total, por mas que vayan a Irlanda, jamas pasaran por irlandeses...LOL
Pero Jorge, ese es el tema del Foro.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#9 Jun 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Pero Jorge, ese es el tema del Foro.
No estoy de acuerdo.

Los puertorriquenos no negamos ninguna de nuestras raices.
to make dave happy

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#10 Jun 24, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
No estoy de acuerdo.
Los puertorriquenos no negamos ninguna de nuestras raices.
tin tin, ponte los guantes que aqui vamos!!!!. Naaaaahhh ya te tomé cariño cuidate.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#11 Jun 27, 2013
<quoted text>
tin tin, ponte los guantes que aqui vamos!!!!. Naaaaahhh ya te tomé cariño cuidate.
Claro que me cogiste carino....si yo soy una chuleria....LOL...en pote....

Pero, seriously, si nosotros tenemos mas de un DNA racial running thru our systems and some people decide to embrace one DNA over the other, what's it to you?

That has always been my question to you since day one.

Si en Jayuya deciden ensalzar nuestras raices tainas, en Loiza, nuetras raices negras, en Barranquitas las criollas y europeas...no veo cual es el problema.
to make dave happy

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#12 Jul 3, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Claro que me cogiste carino....si yo soy una chuleria....LOL...en pote....
Pero, seriously, si nosotros tenemos mas de un DNA racial running thru our systems and some people decide to embrace one DNA over the other, what's it to you?
That has always been my question to you since day one.
Si en Jayuya deciden ensalzar nuestras raices tainas, en Loiza, nuetras raices negras, en Barranquitas las criollas y europeas...no veo cual es el problema.
exacto si se quiere resaltar una raiz no es problema pero lo que me MOLESTA es cuando la gente niega la existencia de nuestro mestizaje como si fuesemos una raza pura y eso no es cierto.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Puerto Rico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A PR may have been a victim 11 hr allan 2
Why is PR usually not on the list of the the be... 11 hr allan 4
News America's 10 Best Party Islands 16 hr allan 1
La farandula (Nov '13) Sun medioguarddia 129
Reasons for poverty in Puerto Rico. (Jan '13) Sat justhefacts 14
Junot Diaz.......A fantastic writer. Sat El Cacique 1
Puerto Ricans who can’t speak English qualify a... Apr 23 -Lea- 42
More from around the web