Carmen Yulin says she will stop anti-government protests - for now.

Posted in the Puerto Rico Forum

Since: Oct 12

West Islip, NY

#1 Mar 3, 2013
www.vocero.com/carmen-yulin-dejara-de-protest...

She denies that bad blood exists between her and Garcia Padilla. Here's where things get really interesting:
"El Gobernador y yo nos vimos dos días después y nos dimos un abrazo y un beso y él me dijo yo te quiero”"
"The Governor and I met two days later and we hugged and kissed and he said I love you."
----------
Errm Carmen, he's married and has 3 kids. I could see him saying he respected her position but I doubt they hugged and kissed. I wonder what Wilma Pastrana has to say about this ...
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#2 Mar 3, 2013
LongIslander1987 wrote:
www.vocero.com/carmen-yulin-de jara-de-protestar/
She denies that bad blood exists between her and Garcia Padilla.
Then why is she always challenging and threatening him in public?

See what I mean about what some people do?

Their intentions go one way while their actions speak for themselves, and then they hate being confronted.

West Islip, NY

#3 Mar 3, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is she always challenging and threatening him in public?
See what I mean about what some people do?
Their intentions go one way while their actions speak for themselves, and then they hate being confronted.
She's a lier and a demagogue. If the PPD Governing Board had any backbone they would kick her out of the party. Luis Munoz Marin never would have tolerated this woman challenging him.

As usual, the colonialist media wants you to believe all is well in the party of Munoz.

"Primero la Gente" has become a joke.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#4 Mar 3, 2013
LongIslander1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
She's a lier and a demagogue. If the PPD Governing Board had any backbone they would kick her out of the party.
This is too funny!

As if those people can afford the luxury of kicking anyone out...LOL (especially after they won by hardly 11,000 votes and lost a status "contest")...LOL

And she won San Juan, which still is a statehood bastion (so they have to put with whatever, including her mood wings...be that from any female discomfort as of any kind of flashes-hot and cold...LOL).
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#5 Mar 3, 2013
LongIslander1987 wrote:
<quoted text>...
"Primero la Gente" has become a joke.
There's this radio station that plays the "Primero la Gente" jingle every time the govt. announces a raise or cuts something affecting "La Gente"...LOL
First, they report the news and then (cynically) play the jingle...LOL

West Islip, NY

#6 Mar 3, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
This is too funny!
As if those people can afford the luxury of kicking anyone out...LOL (especially after they won by hardly 11,000 votes and lost a status "contest")...LOL
And she won San Juan, which still is a statehood bastion (so they have to put with whatever, including her mood wings...be that from any female discomfort as of any kind of flashes-hot and cold...LOL).
Is it true that 200,000 statehooders did not turn out in San Juan alone? I have a feeling that Yulin is enough to ensure they turnout in 2016 ...

Do you think they will 'appoint' AAV's wife to replace Colberg Toro?

West Islip, NY

#7 Mar 3, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
There's this radio station that plays the "Primero la Gente" jingle every time the govt. announces a raise or cuts something affecting "La Gente"...LOL
First, they report the news and then (cynically) play the jingle...LOL
That's awesome! There are a million mimes on Facebook too. Alot of buyer's remorse the past 2 months ....
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#8 Mar 3, 2013
LongIslander1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it true that 200,000 statehooders did not turn out in San Juan alone? I have a feeling that Yulin is enough to ensure they turnout in 2016 ...
200,000 in San Juan?

San Juan doesn't even have 200,000 voters.

Maybe 20,000 (is more likely).

Remember, what is known as "San Juan", is actually Old SJ, Santurce, Hato Rey and Río P.

Our whole population is around 450,000 (closer to 430,000).

The 2 million plu people of the metro area, includes places as distant as Toa Baja, Caguas and Rio Grande...
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#9 Mar 3, 2013
LongIslander1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever happen to Piti?
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#10 Mar 3, 2013
LongIslander1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's awesome! There are a million mimes on Facebook too. Alot of buyer's remorse the past 2 months ....
You have to "give it" to the populares.

Each and every sacrifice will start "primero" (with the people) con "la gente".

At least this time, they were honest...LOL
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#11 Mar 3, 2013
LongIslander1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
If minds doesn't fail me, I think Fortuño won in the San Juan metro, by far (I know for sure, Pierluisi and Rivera Shatz did).

West Islip, NY

#12 Mar 3, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
200,000 in San Juan?
San Juan doesn't even have 200,000 voters.
Maybe 20,000 (is more likely).
Remember, what is known as "San Juan", is actually Old SJ, Santurce, Hato Rey and Río P.
Our whole population is around 450,000 (closer to 430,000).
The 2 million plu people of the metro area, includes places as distant as Toa Baja, Caguas and Rio Grande...
Perhaps they ment Puerto Rico as a whole. I did recall hearing that the NPP had about 1,100,000 registered voters before the election an with an ~850,000 turnout the 200,000 no shows would be about right.

West Islip, NY

#13 Mar 3, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever happen to Piti?
I heard she had cancer a while back, I also recall Anibal having some health issues as well.

West Islip, NY

#14 Mar 3, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to "give it" to the populares.
Each and every sacrifice will start "primero" (with the people) con "la gente".
At least this time, they were honest...LOL
ROFL ... it's amazing though how so many people can buy into the hype and believe these clowns.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#15 Mar 3, 2013
LongIslander1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL ... it's amazing though how so many people can buy into the hype and believe these clowns.
Actually we have to revisit this controversy.

Puerto Ricans, as Americans, have developed the "instant gratification" syndrome and anyone who hammers the "sacrifice" and "hard times" into their administration and during an electoral campaign is bound to lose.

It has happened before in our political history.

Which translates that is a proven fact about our island, homogenous electoral universe.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#16 Mar 3, 2013
LongIslander1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard she had cancer a while back, I also recall Anibal having some health issues as well.
Maybe she recovered from a breast cancer.

West Islip, NY

#17 Mar 4, 2013
Looking like she will be the choice :(

Hector Ferrer bowed out ... again.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#18 Mar 4, 2013
LongIslander1987 wrote:
Looking like she will be the choice :(
Hector Ferrer bowed out ... again.
Man, once these local politicians step into public life they feel entitled to include their families and next generations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Puerto Rico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
iva 2 hr el cacique 6
Mayor Elect Bill Deblasio decides that he wants... (Dec '13) 4 hr el cacique 519
Angelica Campos (Jun '10) 14 hr cats 252
Netanyahu is campaigning in the U.S Wed LongIslander1987 5
Garcia Padilla and Google search results Wed LongIslander1987 1
For Americans, Puerto Rico is an easy beach get... Wed LongIslander1987 4
The New Santurce Wed NJBoricua 26
More from around the web