Corruption feeds itself from colonial...

Corruption feeds itself from colonialism.

Posted in the Puerto Rico Forum

Since: Oct 12

Marlboro, NJ

#2 Nov 27, 2012
Interesting observation. However I don't think Puerto Rico comes anywhere near Newark, Detroit, Jersey City, the "old South", Miami, etc in terms of corruption in the government.

Nothing compares to Detroit under Coleman Young - he ran it like a newly independent African nation. In fact, many labeled his inauguration as "Detroit's day of independence"
Porto Porto

Puerto Rico

#3 Nov 27, 2012
I am just curious but in this ascertation do you mean that where there is no colonization of the US that there is no flourishing corruption and rampant crime?

I personally believe that corruption and rampant crime flourishing is a byproduct of the human condition and exists anywhere you have a lot of people who are not held accountable.

A question to ponder. Did Puerto Rico have corruption before Spain invaded? Before or after the U.S. invaded? When was there no flourishing corruption and rampant crime? I would like to know.
TPMP

New York, NY

#4 Nov 27, 2012
Porto Porto wrote:
I am just curious but in this ascertation do you mean that where there is no colonization of the US that there is no flourishing corruption and rampant crime?
I personally believe that corruption and rampant crime flourishing is a byproduct of the human condition and exists anywhere you have a lot of people who are not held accountable.
A question to ponder. Did Puerto Rico have corruption before Spain invaded? Before or after the U.S. invaded? When was there no flourishing corruption and rampant crime? I would like to know.
Hey, Jorge!
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#7 Jan 27, 2015
Fear also feeds itself from colonialism.
allan

United States

#8 Jan 27, 2015
Jorge wrote:
Lies make it clear that someone is afraid, its sad

Since: Oct 12

West Islip, NY

#9 Jan 27, 2015
Jorge wrote:
Very true statement, this is why the PPD exists. Out of fear.
JMWinPR

Cidra, Puerto Rico

#10 Jan 27, 2015
Ethiopia has never been colonized. Wouldn't want to live there. The US hasn't been a colony for the past 70 yrs or so, there is a some corruption there also. Colonial status, like poverty is irrelevant as a cause of corruption or crime. Electing criminals and supporting their habit is. How can you identify a career corrupt politician, he's been in office for more than 2 terms
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#11 Feb 17, 2015
",,,,Opposing colonialism is a good thing, but it would be wise to remember why this is: colonialism is just Realpolitik played out to its logical end. It is never good for the colonizing society and hardly ever good for the society being colonized. It is a costly and inefficient method of meeting the demands of interest groups at the expense of society as whole.,,,"
allan

United States

#12 Feb 17, 2015
Poor thing has to keep posting the same garbage

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Puerto Rico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NewYorican Tuller may have his days numbered. (Dec '13) Sun gdawg 15
Why do Puerto Ricans THINK they're AMERICAN? (Oct '11) Jun 20 Moca red 1,168
Why do Puerto Ricans Hate African-Americans? (Jun '12) Jun 17 Jenny 163
News Angelica Campos (Jun '10) Jun 9 freddy 253
The US should make Puerto Ricans illegal. (Apr '11) Jun 6 Mix 61
News Another Condado murder: Body found could be the... (May '11) Jun 4 Puerto Rican love 29
San Juan during the Disco years. (Mar '14) May 29 Elana 23
More from around the web