Bhatia vs Perello - more PPD division

Bhatia vs Perello - more PPD division

Posted in the Puerto Rico Forum

Since: Oct 12

Marlboro, NJ

#1 Feb 14, 2013
www.caribbeanbusinesspr.com/prnt_ed/rift-betw...

[quote]According to sources, the rift between Bhatia—a pro-American— and Perelló—a "soberanista," or sovereignty defender—is so big, that they avoid each other as much as possible at the Legislature.[/quote]
This cracks me up. Eventually this party is going to split between the Soberanistas and the "permanent union"/"traditionali st" supporters. Neither fraction can win without the support of the other fraction within the party. What's the point of having a party that cannot agree on status?

Jose Alfredo Hernandez Mayoral called the Soberanistas "a bunch of clueless idiots" a few weeks ago.

My greatest hope is that those "permanent union" defenders/traditional commonwealth supporters see the light and join the statehood movement rather than support colonialism.

Marlboro, NJ

#2 Feb 14, 2013
How come I can never get the quote tags to work right on this forum? AGGGH
TPMP

New York, NY

#3 Feb 14, 2013
LongIslander1987 wrote:
www.caribbeanbusinesspr.com/pr nt_ed/rift-between-bhatia-and- perello-8122.html
[quote]According to sources, the rift between Bhatia—a pro-American— and Perelló—a "soberanista," or sovereignty defender—is so big, that they avoid each other as much as possible at the Legislature.[/quote]
This cracks me up. Eventually this party is going to split between the Soberanistas and the "permanent union"/"traditionali st" supporters. Neither fraction can win without the support of the other fraction within the party. What's the point of having a party that cannot agree on status?
Jose Alfredo Hernandez Mayoral called the Soberanistas "a bunch of clueless idiots" a few weeks ago.
My greatest hope is that those "permanent union" defenders/traditional commonwealth supporters see the light and join the statehood movement rather than support colonialism.
Statehood is inevitable. It will come.

Not a question of "if" anymore, just when.

Marlboro, NJ

#4 Feb 14, 2013
TPMP wrote:
<quoted text>Statehood is inevitable. It will come.
Not a question of "if" anymore, just when.
Agreed, it is inevitable. This is why the PPD is so desperate to call a constitutional assembly because then they can dither and babble and delay it for a a little bit longer. Everyone within the PPD knows damn well that Washington will never approve of any "enhanced/improved/perfec ted/new commonwealth". Ever since the 1990s the goal of the PPD has been to delay since they know they cannot stop.

Some people within the statehood movement are pushing for March 2nd 2017 - the 100th anniversary of US citizenship - to be the date Puerto Rico formally enters the Union.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Puerto Rico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does Topix allow gay and racial slurs ? (Dec '15) Wed Caciques a liar 33
TPMP (tampon)'s little kids. (Mar '13) Wed Caciques a liar 32
TPMP sent "justhefacts" disguised as "SOS"... (May '11) Wed Caciques a liar 162
News 'Man Fire Food' is enjoying 'Puerto Rican Grill... (Oct '15) Wed Caciques a liar 52
Who is Dave Lopes? (Mar '11) Wed El Cacique 41
New Yorkers to Niuyoricans-Return home, to Puer... (Jul '14) Sep 26 Prime_LA 68
Nice defense, TPMP! (Feb '13) Sep 26 Prime_LA 6
More from around the web