Why most Nuyoricans are not Puerto ri...
Khloe K-Dash

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Nov 5, 2012
Nuyoricans are proud to be Puerto Rican.At least they show their pride,and they are proud of where their family is from.Unlike U.S. born Mexicans who are ashamed of being Mexican,and they deny their Mexican herritage.
TRUTH IS RELATIVE

Reading, PA

#23 Nov 5, 2012
yesliang wrote:
Ya is some ignorant motherf..... I'm proud to be puertorican all the way won't trade it for nothing.. I live in the us for 21yrs I'm 28 I manage to go every year.. I will never forget where I came from... I have see people that came bout a year ago they act like they shit don't stink.. but guess wht ya ain't better.. at the end of the day we came from the same place eating biandas con bacalao, aguacate and more sos before you decide to say other wise take a look in the mirror
Well I guess you told him with this irresponsible reply.
Michael

Vienna, VA

#24 Jan 7, 2013
LIer wrote:
Right on! Reminds me of the "Plastic Paddy" Irish-Americans.
I find it hilarious how so many of them see themselves as Puerto Rican but yet can't even speak Spanish, have been to island maybe twice, can't even tell you who Luis Munoz Marin was but yet have 10 Puerto Rican flags tattoos on their body and painted on their faces.
Such an idiotic comment, its not as if we chose to live or be born in NYC, Some of us try to incorporate some of the cultural traditions but have have a hard time doing so because we were never really exposed to it, and it doesn't make it any easier when you guys act like ... and give us the cold shoulder.
Michael

Vienna, VA

#25 Jan 7, 2013
El Gitano wrote:
Nuyoricans are nothing like Puerto Ricans in the island, their manners, mentality, culture, language are very different. If you grew up in the states(regardless if you were born in PR or not) and don't bother to learn some basic spanish, don't make the effort to learn about PRs history, can't even mention half of PRs governors or cities, and rather spend 300 bucks in a go-go bar then fly to the island, YOU ARE NOT PUERTO RICAN, stop giving us a bad name and please don't get a PR flag tattoo...
So this sound like Puerto Ricans from the island are dicks then if you guys say things like this, realistically your proving that you guys arent better then we are based on this comment.
Michael

Vienna, VA

#26 Jan 7, 2013
Toni wrote:
Nuyorican Puerto Rican its the same shit different toilet bowl.all of you mongrels should kill yourselves for being such pieces of shit
Well apparently you're insecure with yourself, because morons only make silly comments like this so get a life

mysterysilence

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#27 Jan 7, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Well apparently you're insecure with yourself, because morons only make silly comments like this so get a life
Stop the division!!! Then they get hostile when people are prejudice against the island but are quick to say that the Puerto Ricans that were born in the U.S. are not Puerto Rican sounds a bit hypocritical to me. I agree with you 100% this superiority attitude just shows insecurity. Sad part is that I was not born in PR and always stuck up for the Puerto ricans in the island. When tragedy struck PR my heart went out to the island, I never felt like oh well I'm American not my problem. I'm embarrassed that my so called "people" feel this way towards their own kind its a disgrace. Did I say my people? My bad I'm not sure if I'm allow to say that lol. Anyways God bless the open minded and may God enlighten the proud.
Stupid

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#28 Jan 8, 2013
That's retarded like saying the sand on this side of the beach isn't sand because its not from over there no matter what it's sand
Gigi

Chester, PA

#31 Jan 31, 2013
Half these post are B.S. I was born in the us and lived in the us my entire life and guess what I'm Puerto Rican I don't give a shit what anybody says. My father was born there my mother was born in the USA and she's Puerto Rican and Italian. I was raised to know all about my culture and I think it's amazing I'm proud to be who I am I know everything I can possibly learn about Italy and Puerto Rico. They are both rich cultures and just beautiful places to live I have the ethics that are instilled in a Puerto Rican family love and loyality which is tattooed in Spanish on my shoulders. I visit Puerto Rico as much as possible and when I can afford it I will go to Italy. Guess what I'm not fluent in Spanish and it pisses me off when people go your not really Spanish I can understand it I can read it I can hold small conversation not fluent though. Why because I speak the universal language the one that no matter where you go someone knows what you are saying. I am learning Spanish just to know a second language not to prove myself to people like you. Not Puerto Rican my ass the blood runs in my veins. Not to mention I'm pretty sure if I read right in Puerto Rico the language ENGLISH is primary and it is required to learn. Come at me now that's all I got to say
Leon

United States

#32 Jan 31, 2013
Gigi wrote:
Half these post are B.S. I was born in the us and lived in the us my entire life and guess what I'm Puerto Rican I don't give a shit what anybody says. My father was born there my mother was born in the USA and she's Puerto Rican and Italian. I was raised to know all about my culture and I think it's amazing I'm proud to be who I am I know everything I can possibly learn about Italy and Puerto Rico. They are both rich cultures and just beautiful places to live I have the ethics that are instilled in a Puerto Rican family love and loyality which is tattooed in Spanish on my shoulders. I visit Puerto Rico as much as possible and when I can afford it I will go to Italy. Guess what I'm not fluent in Spanish and it pisses me off when people go your not really Spanish I can understand it I can read it I can hold small conversation not fluent though. Why because I speak the universal language the one that no matter where you go someone knows what you are saying. I am learning Spanish just to know a second language not to prove myself to people like you. Not Puerto Rican my ass the blood runs in my veins. Not to mention I'm pretty sure if I read right in Puerto Rico the language ENGLISH is primary and it is required to learn. Come at me now that's all I got to say
The Puertan Rican diaspora is interwoven.

There are several sectors in the island who would like to deny it.

But, this is the case.

A noted PR is mentioned anywhere for their accomplishments in any given field. It is a tossup as to whether it is mainlander or an islander.
Julio

Glenside, PA

#33 Jan 31, 2013
It is ignorant to paint all with the same brush. Many so called "Nuyoricans" are fluent in several languages, study island culture/politics, visit family/friends on the island regularly, as well as own property in Puerto Rico. My immediate family visits twice yearly. One is a winter get away; the other, usually a two week vacation incorporating site-seeing of historical/cultural rich venues. We target/visit a different section each time. We plan visiting Vieques, Culebra and Culebrita this year. We do not sport tattoos, but Puerto Rico clearly is in our hearts! See you soon Boricuas!
carmen

Philadelphia, PA

#34 Feb 3, 2013
Bullshit u guys are fckin mad just fckin haters u stupid ass like are u seriouse our parents where born in puerto rico and we know everything about puerto rico so whether u like it or not were puerto rican 100% we dont give a fck what u say and what u do we the ones spreading the culture we know 2 lauguages we ant givin nobody a bad name your giving us a bad name urself cause of all the shit u tlkin and al lthe things that happen over there and we get it tattoed because were proud to be puerto rican and if u hate on us so bad then why you trying to come over here tryin to learn english and get a better life like ur fckin education is rediculouse people like u ive us a bad name who the fck are you president of puerto rico fcking stupid ass get the fck out of here
carmen

Philadelphia, PA

#35 Feb 3, 2013
Bueno aqui voy otra vez...yo naci en la cuidad de nueva york en Brooklyn....peroestuve viviendo en la isla por 5años..yo no tengo q nacer en la isla del encanto..para ser puertorriqueña...yo llevo un tatuaje con la bandera puertorriqueña por el orgullo q yo siento asi la isla.....y de ser puertorriqueña....asi q ubiquence mi gente q eso son cosas de ignorancia...debemos unirnos y no estar hablando de tu misma raza....nacidos o no nacidos en la isla estamos todos como ustedes nos llaman mayorías orgulloso de nuestra isla de nuestro lenguaje de la cultura de la historial de la isla boricua ok...so no seas tan ignorante nosotros los newyoricans somos 100% boricuas hasta la muerte ok
David Ortiz

Fulton, NY

#36 Feb 10, 2013
El Gitano wrote:
Nuyoricans are nothing like Puerto Ricans in the island, their manners, mentality, culture, language are very different. If you grew up in the states(regardless if you were born in PR or not) and don't bother to learn some basic spanish, don't make the effort to learn about PRs history, can't even mention half of PRs governors or cities, and rather spend 300 bucks in a go-go bar then fly to the island, YOU ARE NOT PUERTO RICAN, stop giving us a bad name and please don't get a PR flag tattoo...
This is the answer to your dumb ass question first off we didn't ask to be NY Rican our parents did moving to the States looking for I don't know what????? I really don't care if you or the people of Puerto Rico accept us Puerto Ricans or not as far as I'am concerned your just as bad as these Americans.putting labels on people just because we are different you are not the people to talk your solely dependent on the United States.went to Puerto Rico can't even find a place to eat Puerto Rican food all that I saw was lots of the U.S fast foods places.I can't be proud of being something that I'am not so keep your Puerto Rican flag don't care for it any more.....I'am proud to be a NY Rican a place that I'am accepted for whom I'am....
David Ortiz

Fulton, NY

#37 Feb 10, 2013
Puerto Ricans think just because we are born or live in the U.S that we have it going on NEWS FLASH we don't,every single day we are faced we people like you giving US NY Ricans or anyone that are not true Americans us SHIT!!!!and NOW your Dumb ASSES.I rather be a NY Rican than a full Blooded miserable Puerto Rican you are just as bad as these Americans pointing fingers after they fucked up shit..NEWS FLASH there are not any true anything.The true Americans are Indians the True Puerto Ricans are the Taino Indians so pack it.so when I hear people like you say your not Puerto Rican pr your not American I say only this.Your not either so let that one simmer in your brain well if you had one we wouldn't be in this in the first place.we divide,not unite.We do not conquer.We let people walk all over us.I'am proud to what ever the hell you think I'am AME-Rican..Is a start.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#38 Mar 30, 2013
mysterysilence wrote:
<quoted text> Stop the division!!! Then they get hostile when people are prejudice against the island but are quick to say that the Puerto Ricans that were born in the U.S. are not Puerto Rican sounds a bit hypocritical to me. I agree with you 100% this superiority attitude just shows insecurity. Sad part is that I was not born in PR and always stuck up for the Puerto ricans in the island. When tragedy struck PR my heart went out to the island, I never felt like oh well I'm American not my problem. I'm embarrassed that my so called "people" feel this way towards their own kind its a disgrace. Did I say my people? My bad I'm not sure if I'm allow to say that lol. Anyways God bless the open minded and may God enlighten the proud.
Puerto Ricans are not Americans????

mysterysilence

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#39 Mar 30, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Puerto Ricans are not Americans????
You tell me Jorge, your royalness and know it all!!!!
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#40 Mar 30, 2013
mysterysilence wrote:
<quoted text> You tell me Jorge, your royalness and know it all!!!!
Did your family need a passport when they migrated to Conn from the Bronx?

mysterysilence

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#41 Mar 30, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your family need a passport when they migrated to Conn from the Bronx?
No personal info!!!! WTF???
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#42 Mar 30, 2013
mysterysilence wrote:
<quoted text>No personal info!!!! WTF???
You had to show something when you crossed the border to Conn....LOL

ROTFLMAO
Str8 NY

Bronx, NY

#43 Mar 31, 2013
El Gitano wrote:
Nuyoricans are nothing like Puerto Ricans in the island, their manners, mentality, culture, language are very different. If you grew up in the states(regardless if you were born in PR or not) and don't bother to learn some basic spanish, don't make the effort to learn about PRs history, can't even mention half of PRs governors or cities, and rather spend 300 bucks in a go-go bar then fly to the island, YOU ARE NOT PUERTO RICAN, stop giving us a bad name and please don't get a PR flag tattoo...
Hmmm...If thats the case then Go tell Puerto Rico's Daddy Yankee to take off the NY Yankee Cap! HATER!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Puerto Rico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do Puerto Ricans THINK they're AMERICAN? (Oct '11) Sat Gangsta 1,183
Where is jorge ? Sat Alank 6
Puerto rican women haters Jan 12 Desired1 1
Why do Puerto Ricans Hate African-Americans? (Jun '12) Jan 11 Alank 219
News puerto rico democrat corner (Oct '07) Jan 11 Alank 155
Puerto Rico is in a financial and polical crises. Jan 11 Alank 4
News Velez leaves PAL boxing, returns to Puerto Rico... (Jan '08) Jan 10 Pal boxing 3
More from around the web