PPD infighting: Traditionalists call Soberanistas 'stupid'

Posted in the Puerto Rico Forum

Since: Oct 12

West Islip, NY

#1 Jan 26, 2013
www.vocero.com/estupido-cambiarle-el-nombre-a...

PPD Federal Affairs Secretary Jose Alfredo Hernandez Mayoral (PPD "traditionalist"/ "permanent union" fraction) blasted Rep. Charlie Hernandez (PPD "Soberanista" fraction) as being "stupid" for submitting a bill to remove former Governor Pedro Rossello's name from the PR Convention Center.

I must agree with Jose Alfredo. The name of a convention center is not an issue the government should be focusing on given the state of Puerto Rico's economy and crime issues. Equally absurd is Charlie Hernandez's other bill that would require Puerto Rico state and municipal government buildings to fly the Puerto Rican flag if they are also flying the American flag - what planet is he living on? I have NEVER once seen a state or municipal building flying just the American flag, on the contrary I have seen them flying just the Puerto Rican flag. Perhaps his flag bill is ment to work both ways?

Mayaguez residents should be ashamed that this moron is more worried about the name of a building than their safety and economic well being.

The PPD should kick the Soberanistas out of the party and make them join the MUS or the PIP. IMO the Hernandez Mayoral's and Rafael Hernandez Colon represent the last bit of common sense within the PPD.
TPMP

Bronx, NY

#2 Jan 26, 2013
LongIslander1987 wrote:
www.vocero.com/estupido-cambia rle-el-nombre-al-centro-de-con venciones/
PPD Federal Affairs Secretary Jose Alfredo Hernandez Mayoral (PPD "traditionalist"/ "permanent union" fraction) blasted Rep. Charlie Hernandez (PPD "Soberanista" fraction) as being "stupid" for submitting a bill to remove former Governor Pedro Rossello's name from the PR Convention Center.
I must agree with Jose Alfredo. The name of a convention center is not an issue the government should be focusing on given the state of Puerto Rico's economy and crime issues. Equally absurd is Charlie Hernandez's other bill that would require Puerto Rico state and municipal government buildings to fly the Puerto Rican flag if they are also flying the American flag - what planet is he living on? I have NEVER once seen a state or municipal building flying just the American flag, on the contrary I have seen them flying just the Puerto Rican flag. Perhaps his flag bill is ment to work both ways?
Mayaguez residents should be ashamed that this moron is more worried about the name of a building than their safety and economic well being.
The PPD should kick the Soberanistas out of the party and make them join the MUS or the PIP. IMO the Hernandez Mayoral's and Rafael Hernandez Colon represent the last bit of common sense within the PPD.
The proposed name change is silly. It looks juvenile.
They need to just get over it.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#3 Feb 19, 2013
TPMP wrote:
<quoted text>The proposed name change is silly. It looks juvenile.
They need to just get over it.
and you need to get over your anti PC behavior.
TPMP wrote:
<quoted text>So do i.
Just be yourself and don't conform to PC behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Puerto Rico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Non Spanish speaking gringos segregate themselv... (Jul '13) 15 hr David 60
We'll Find Alien Life in This Lifetime, Scienti... (May '14) 22 hr One way or another 28
17 accused in billion-dollar Puerto Rico drug ring Wed allan 1
Puerto Rico to hike oil tax, avert public trans... Wed JMWinPR 7
Six former Puerto Rico police officers plead gu... Wed allan 15
Everybody......Enjoy your holiday Wed Nube 2
Obama to renew diplomatic ties with Cuba. Tue medioguarddia 26
More from around the web