Vieques ponders its future as thousands celebrate anniversary of US Navy departure

May 1, 2013 Full story: Canada.com

Find out more about the candidates campaigning for your vote on May 14 -- from the issues they think are important to their favourite TV shows.

Full Story

Since: Sep 12

Juncos, Puerto Rico

#1 May 1, 2013
My understanding is the ferries are going to start limited service, resulting in transportation issues.
This of course is going to target the same folks who were left high and dry by the Navy departure. You know the hairdressers, barbers, baby sitters, all the people who provide the nicer touches to life. Meanwhile the rich and famous catering to the high rollers will prosper. They have private transportation and have the resources to have their necessities shipped regardless of price.
Of course this has always been the intent of the paragons of the working people like rev Al and Tito K
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#2 May 1, 2013
JMWinPR wrote:
My understanding is the ferries are going to start limited service, resulting in transportation issues.
This of course is going to target the same folks who were left high and dry by the Navy departure. You know the hairdressers, barbers, baby sitters, all the people who provide the nicer touches to life. Meanwhile the rich and famous catering to the high rollers will prosper. They have private transportation and have the resources to have their necessities shipped regardless of price.
Of course this has always been the intent of the paragons of the working people like rev Al and Tito K
rev Al in Vieques????

Since: Oct 12

West Islip, NY

#3 May 1, 2013
The Reverend Al and Jesse Jackass were heavily involved in the anti-gunnery practice movement.

Puerto Rico lost almost $300 million a year in revenue due to the closure of Vieques and Roosevelt Roads.

Since: Oct 12

West Islip, NY

#4 May 1, 2013
I lost all respect for Jesse Jackson when in 2008 it was found out that he was involved in covering up the murder of a NYPD officer in 1972 during the "Harlem Mosque" incident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Puerto Rico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shame on the US for keeping a nuclear colony in... (Mar '11) 5 hr allan 20
We'll Find Alien Life in This Lifetime, Scienti... (May '14) 7 hr One Question 18
Another thread dies....The music thread. 14 hr allan 22
Several Beached Whales Rescued in Puerto Rico Thu lokito 6
Obama to renew diplomatic ties with Cuba. Thu medioguarddia 17
Dedicate a Song (Dec '09) Wed Nubeluz 2,033
La farandula (Nov '13) Wed medioguarddia 75
More from around the web