Positive facts about Puerto Rico and Puerto Ricans.

Posted in the Puerto Rico Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jorge

Puerto Rico

#1 Dec 9, 2012
The coexistence of America's two main contemporary cultures-Hispanic and Anglo.

Since: Oct 12

West Islip, NY

#3 Dec 9, 2012
Very positive, that is a beautiful thing. The Puerto Rico territorial constitution speaks of this merger of the 2 cultures.

Another positive thing is the existence of so many sexy Puerto Rican women and their accent.
Jorge

Puerto Rico

#4 Dec 9, 2012
LongIslander1987 wrote:
Another positive thing is the existence of so many sexy Puerto Rican women and their accent.
As well as our men and their sexiness..!
Jorge

Puerto Rico

#5 Dec 10, 2012
One of the first Puerto Rican entertainers to achieve world-wide fame was Antonio Paoli, an opera singer known as "The King of Tenors" and as "The Tenor of Kings." He was the first operatic artist to record an entire opera when he participated in a performance of Pagliacci by Ruggiero Leoncavallo in Italy in 1907.[21]

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#6 Dec 10, 2012
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
As well as our men and their sexiness..!
Jorge,I agree with you on this 100%. Puerto Rican men are the sexiest out of all the Latino men.
Jorge

Puerto Rico

#7 Dec 10, 2012
Nubeluz wrote:
<quoted text>Jorge,I agree with you on this 100%. Puerto Rican men are the sexiest out of all the Latino men.
Cholos and Mexican nationals, no se quedan atrás...LOL

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#8 Dec 10, 2012
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Cholos and Mexican nationals, no se quedan atrás...LOL
The cholos are ok,but I don't know about Mexican nationals. I hope it is not the indiginous looking Mexicans.The ones from Chiapas or Oaxaca.Those men are just ugly.The Chicanos refer to them as paisas or border brothers LOL
Jorge

Puerto Rico

#9 Dec 10, 2012
Nubeluz wrote:
<quoted text>The cholos are ok,but I don't know about Mexican nationals. I hope it is not the indiginous looking Mexicans.The ones from Chiapas or Oaxaca.Those men are just ugly.The Chicanos refer to them as paisas or border brothers LOL
Not all of us can be "beautiful"...LOL
mysterysilence

Claverack, NY

#10 Dec 11, 2012
A forum about something positive and there's just a few post, that's sad. I think society as a whole feeds on negativity it's like second nature to us I guess. I'm new here on Puerto Rico forum and so far I'm proud of the educated yet diverse discussions I've seen here.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#11 Dec 11, 2012
mysterysilence wrote:
A forum about something positive and there's just a few post, that's sad. I think society as a whole feeds on negativity it's like second nature to us I guess. I'm new here on Puerto Rico forum and so far I'm proud of the educated yet diverse discussions I've seen here.
What's the Puerto Rican experience in Massachussetts (in Holyoke, Springfield, Lowell, etc.?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#12 Dec 12, 2012
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the Puerto Rican experience in Massachussetts (in Holyoke, Springfield, Lowell, etc.?
I don't know why its saying that I'm from MA, I'm from Connecticut lol, I can tell you my experience in CT I live in a small city it's actually pretty boring compare to NY where I was born and raised. I want to move any suggestions??? Lol I need something in the middle city but somewhat quiet if that makes any sense.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#13 Dec 12, 2012
mysterysilence wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know why its saying that I'm from MA, I'm from Connecticut lol, I can tell you my experience in CT I live in a small city it's actually pretty boring compare to NY where I was born and raised. I want to move any suggestions??? Lol I need something in the middle city but somewhat quiet if that makes any sense.
A middle city?

What about Hartford or East Hartford where you can be a much needed asset to the stateside Puerto Rican community?

Location hidden

#14 Dec 12, 2012
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
A middle city?
What about Hartford or East Hartford where you can be a much needed asset to the stateside Puerto Rican community?
sorry i meant something In between like city but quiet I know that didn't make much sense. I never thought of Hartford I was more incline to New Haven because of the universities but Hartford does have a lot of Puerto ricans come to think about of it lol and it is a city , i also heard the schools are good. I was going to try to head back to NY but the fast life is not for everybody, although I love my city. Thanks for the input I will look into Hartford a little closer its an hr away from me anyways.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#15 Dec 12, 2012
mysterysilence wrote:
<quoted text> sorry i meant something In between like city but quiet I know that didn't make much sense. I never thought of Hartford I was more incline to New Haven because of the universities but Hartford does have a lot of Puerto ricans come to think about of it lol and it is a city , i also heard the schools are good. I was going to try to head back to NY but the fast life is not for everybody, although I love my city. Thanks for the input I will look into Hartford a little closer its an hr away from me anyways.
Hartford is way more affordable than New Y. and the pace is way more pleasant.

Hartford is halfway between Boston and NYC (so you have the best of both world at a reasonable price).

I went to college in the area (in Amherst, MA-an hour's trip from Hartford) and got to know the area pretty well.

Love Hartford!

Location hidden

#16 Dec 12, 2012
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hartford is way more affordable than New Y. and the pace is way more pleasant.
Hartford is halfway between Boston and NYC (so you have the best of both world at a reasonable price).
I went to college in the area (in Amherst, MA-an hour's trip from Hartford) and got to know the area pretty well.
Love Hartford!
That's nice thanks for sharing your experience. I agree NY is pretty expensive although in The part of CT I'm living is pretty pricey too but less than the city. How do you like living in San Juan? I haven't been to the island since I was child :(
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#17 Dec 12, 2012
mysterysilence wrote:
<quoted text> That's nice thanks for sharing your experience. I agree NY is pretty expensive although in The part of CT I'm living is pretty pricey too but less than the city. How do you like living in San Juan? I haven't been to the island since I was child :(
I love my city...(as old and chaotic as it is, but its mine).

That's the beauty of being Puerto Rican, island or stateside, we can all claim ownership to these small pieces of emerald lands called Puerto Rico.
PR Mythbuster

United States

#18 Dec 13, 2012
POSITIVE FACT #1 For a tiny island PR with less than 4 million inhabitants has a disproportionate amount of talent. Our atheletes, artist, celebrities,, musicians, singers, ect are world reknown. From Hip Hop to Nasa Puerto Ricans have left their blueprint.....
TPMP

Bronx, NY

#19 Dec 13, 2012
PR Mythbuster wrote:
POSITIVE FACT #1 For a tiny island PR with less than 4 million inhabitants has a disproportionate amount of talent. Our atheletes, artist, celebrities,, musicians, singers, ect are world reknown. From Hip Hop to Nasa Puerto Ricans have left their blueprint.....
Yes, and many of them are stateside.

Since: May 12

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#20 Dec 13, 2012
Puerto Rico is only 100 by 35 miles yet has one of the most diverse ecosystems in the planet. PR has a rainforest(really the whole center of the island is a rainforest) and also desert(Guanica Dry Forest). Swamps, Marshes, lakes rivers, canyons. Its shores can have white sand, black sand, no sand, rocky, beaches with mangroves going into the ocean and places where waves smash against cliffs. It has a wide variety of plants and trees, birds, wildlife.... but yet is also very urbanized at the same time.... God Bless PR... I dont mind if I never leave this island again....

Location hidden

#21 Dec 13, 2012
PR Mythbuster wrote:
Puerto Rico is only 100 by 35 miles yet has one of the most diverse ecosystems in the planet. PR has a rainforest(really the whole center of the island is a rainforest) and also desert(Guanica Dry Forest). Swamps, Marshes, lakes rivers, canyons. Its shores can have white sand, black sand, no sand, rocky, beaches with mangroves going into the ocean and places where waves smash against cliffs. It has a wide variety of plants and trees, birds, wildlife.... but yet is also very urbanized at the same time.... God Bless PR... I dont mind if I never leave this island again....
I need to take a trip, you described it so vividly it makes me want to take the first flight lol, unfortunately I'm stuck with cold weather I think its like 23 degrees out lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Puerto Rico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor Elect Bill Deblasio decides that he wants... (Dec '13) 32 min El Cacique 624
80% of stateside Puerto Ricans speak English at... (Jan '14) 3 hr NorCal Native 953
Puerto Ricans who can’t speak English qualify a... 7 hr -Lea- 122
News Puerto Rico governor signs order legalizing med... 7 hr GodSmacked 2
Island born Puerto Ricans can have dual citizen... (Jun '11) Mon GodSmacked 127
Reasons for poverty in Puerto Rico. (Jan '13) Sun GodSmacked 15
Mayweather versus Pacquiao Sun El Cacique 2
More from around the web