gunz

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

ll be staying at the caribe hilton, can i fish at the resort, and is the fishing good in mid may
kinda gear should i bring
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

gunz wrote:
ll be staying at the caribe hilton, can i fish at the resort, and is the fishing good in mid may
Yeah, at the hotel's pond...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2012

You could always go surf fishing.But you will need a fairly large rod and reel.. Dont know if you can get it on the plane? yellow tail snapper. good eats! The north side of the island is usually very rough sea. the mona passage is perfect for this type of fishing.West coast! Also if you like shrimp or crabs find a river like quajataca where it empties into the sea.brackish or sweet water! happy fishing! you can get shrimp with a frog gig.
Antonio

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2012

Judged:

jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, at the hotel's pond...
LOL!
Fishing at The Caribe

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

gunz wrote:
fished there many times. You can try spin casting with medium size tackle, I've caught many Jacks, Blue Runners and Barracuda, usually early in the morning around dawn and at dusk. There were plenty of bottom fish
Like Grouper and Snapper hiding in the reef on the right side of the pier.Unless the hotel has changed it there was a very deep cave on the right side. I remember a group of divers spearing a 250 plus Mero out of that cave, also huge Moray eels are there too. At night there's a big school of Sabalo right off the reef on the right. I was never able to get them to bite. Good Luck and enjoy The Caribe Hilton.
Fishing at The Caribe

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

I checked an aerial photo of The Caribe Hilton and surrounding areas and it looks like many of the places I fished at around the resort are gone. There used to be a wooden pier at The Escambron which was adjacent to the Hilton lagoon, that's gone.

I remember the US Navy used to set off dynamited the Hilton lagoon twice a year to kill barracuda and shark that used to enter by the three large 48"tubes in the breakwater barrier. It looks like that same rock barrier has crumbled, and who knows what has access to the lagoon, I remember seeing mucho predatory fish in that lagoon.Guess it's not a priority anymore.
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

Antonio wrote:
<quoted text> LOL!
¿Cómo estás, Tony?

Que preguntas mas pendejas hacen algunas personas...¿en qué resort se pesca?....LOL

Uno duerme en un resort y toma un bote para pescar...nadie pesca en un resort...

¿De dónde será el jíbaro éste?...LOL
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

Fishing at The Caribe wrote:
I checked an aerial photo of The Caribe Hilton and surrounding areas and it looks like many of the places I fished at around the resort are gone. There used to be a wooden pier at The Escambron which was adjacent to the Hilton lagoon, that's gone.
I remember the US Navy used to set off dynamited the Hilton lagoon twice a year to kill barracuda and shark that used to enter by the three large 48"tubes in the breakwater barrier. It looks like that same rock barrier has crumbled, and who knows what has access to the lagoon, I remember seeing mucho predatory fish in that lagoon.Guess it's not a priority anymore.
...last time I was in Washington D.C.'s Silver Springs neighborhood (for my cousin's wedding to a high society Southern Belle) Diana Ross and the Supremes made it into the no. 1 spot of the Hit Parade with Love Child...

What's your point????
Fishing at The Caribe

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

I used to fish there about 50 years ago., caught plenty of fish, isn't this post about fishing in Puerto Rico? My point is there are plenty of interesting places to fish in PR, and the area around this resort, Fuerte San Jeronimo, and the ole Escambron were productive for shoreline fishing, even to the point that they use to dynamite the lagoons at the resorts to kill large barracuda. I personally don't think deep sea fishing there is that productive compared to Hawaii,
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

I personally don't think deep sea fishing there is that productive compared to Hawaii,
Well, Hawaii it is for you...

Aloha....
Fishing at The Caribe

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

Jorge. Are you in the sports fishing charter business?
justhefacts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

Jorge. Are you in the sports fishing charter business?
No hes just Jealous and RUDE when hes out of his element.

Ironically your post were on topic and very informative to say the least.. Thanks or your Info!!!
Shoreline fishing

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

justhefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
No hes just Jealous and RUDE when hes out of his element.
Ironically your post were on topic and very informative to say the least.. Thanks or your Info!!!
Thanks! Glad that you felt the posts were informative. I had a great time fishing when I lived in San Juan, and I'd rather say something positive about the place.

My point is you don"t need to pay for a local charter boat, when you can shoreline fish.
El Gitano

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

I buy Chillo(Red Snapper) from local fisherman all the time theres plenty of it on the south side of the island. Overall there is not a big fishing industry in PR,and therefore overfishing is not a problem in the island, plenty of good catch out there.
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Shoreline fishing wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! Glad that you felt the posts were informative. I had a great time fishing when I lived in San Juan, and I'd rather say something positive about the place.
...if you had such a great time here, why make a point about "saying something positive"????

Should we, island Puerto Ricans, be grateful????
There should be a verdict

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Too many people like you that give the place and people a bad name.Mind your own business.
jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Judged:

There should be a verdict wrote:
Too many people like you that give the place and people a bad name.Mind your own business.
It was you who was striving to "say something positive about the place"....not me.
joeyz

Newtown Square, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

going to san juan pr may 16-20 staying at the caribe hilton anyone fished off the pier their how is it whats running?
Fishing In Puerto Rico

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

For the hot tarpon action fishing we will fish the World Class San Jose Lagoon and Torrecillas Lagoons. If your located on the eastern part of the islands,we will take you fishing to the hot tarpon and snook fisheries located in the Humacao wildlife reserve. We love to teach children to catch the big ones. Strictly no pressure fishing. Wheel chair accessible are welcome. Fishing In Puerto Rico Is Excelent Aventure!!!

http://fishingpr.com
Fishing In Puerto Rico

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

nglers don/t have to travel all the way down to the Amazon jungle and spend so much money and take unnecessary risks to catch Peacock Bass. There are lakes in Puerto Rico teeming with this spectacular species, an often unexpected attraction for anglers visiting the Caribbean island. Peacock bass were introduced in the island in 1960 and it is not unusual to catch 50 or more on a good day with some averaging in the six to ten pounds.

Capt. Paco says the stocking has been a huge success since the climate in the Caribbean is exactly the same as in the amazon basin. There are some other countries that peacock bass have been stocked but the problem is when the temperature drops below the 70s the bite dies and so do the fish. We also have explosive tarpon and Snook action in the backcountry lagoons definitely the best in the Caribbean. Peacock Bass Fishing Puerto Rico is a excelent alternative to vacation!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of67
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Puerto Rico Forum right now

Search the Puerto Rico Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Spec. Ivan Lopez Was A Heroic Soldiers & Good T... 12 hr Reply2_CIA 17
Sovereignty for Puerto Ricans. Apr 15 GodSmacked 31
Why most Nuyoricans are not Puerto ricans... (May '12) Apr 13 Cienfuegos 95
Macheulo got banned..Ohh, what a shame! Apr 12 GodSmacked 5
Do you love or hate Puerto Ricans and why? (Sep '09) Apr 12 GodSmacked 1,162
Beware thread is GONEEEEE Apr 12 GodSmacked 2
Tren Urbano a Transport Failure (May '12) Apr 12 GodSmacked 28
•••
•••