A pit stop along Puerto Rico’s ‘Pork Highway’

Posted in the Puerto Rico Forum

Allan

Covington, GA

#1 Sep 21, 2013
http://www.boston.com/travel/getaways/caribbe...

Everybody in Puerto Rico seems to have his or her favorite lechonera. Travel Channel viewers may have seen both Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern gorging themselves at lechoneras on this very road. Though not visited by either TV personality, Los Gemelos provides the kind of authentic atmosphere and mind-blowing food the experience should include.
El Cacique

Corona, NY

#2 Sep 21, 2013
Allan wrote:
http://www.boston.com/travel/g etaways/caribbean/articles/201 0/04/28/a_pit_stop_along_the_p ork_highway/?rss_id=Most+Popul ar
Everybody in Puerto Rico seems to have his or her favorite lechonera. Travel Channel viewers may have seen both Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern gorging themselves at lechoneras on this very road. Though not visited by either TV personality, Los Gemelos provides the kind of authentic atmosphere and mind-blowing food the experience should include.
Thx. I enjoyed this article. This is the authentic PR.

I have never been to this particular lechonera. I have to try it on my next trip down there. My favorite is Los Pinos or El Rancho right next to it. Once I have a favorite. I don't like to change. That is with most anything for me.

I went to another place in Guavate but is was an altogether forgettable experience. So much so that I forgot the name. LOL!.The meat was dry. The Server had an attitude. Food was bland and there was no music or atmosphere.
El Cacique

United States

#3 Sep 21, 2013
I hear that filipino pork is amazing.
El Cacique

United States

#4 Sep 21, 2013

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5 Sep 21, 2013
Allan

United States

#6 Sep 22, 2013
I see that your prediction of the icons was correct, that child is just plain angry and hateful

Location hidden

#7 Sep 22, 2013
Allan wrote:
I see that your prediction of the icons was correct, that child is just plain angry and hateful
He's so predictable.

He is a bowl of laughs.

Location hidden

#8 Sep 22, 2013
Filipino pork belly....It looks delicious and relatively easy.

This wasn't what i was looking for. Bit, it looked appetizing.

I would add some sofrito on it. Not to much because it will stick in the pan....Just a light rub along with puncturing the belly a bit to place the sofrito in.

Location hidden

#9 Sep 22, 2013
That's all folks!...Time for Sunday family dinner.

I won't stop back later, either.

See you all tomm.

Allan and Nub. You both hold the fort down.

All the best. Enjoy your Sunday, folks.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#10 Sep 22, 2013
Los Pinos,and el rancho are both excellent places to eat at,the food is great.

Location hidden

#11 Sep 23, 2013
Nubeluz wrote:
Los Pinos,and el rancho are both excellent places to eat at,the food is great.
Agreed.

How are you, Nub?.

Location hidden

#12 Sep 23, 2013
El cacique wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed.
How are you, Nub?.
I am doing well,thanks.How are you?

Location hidden

#13 Sep 23, 2013
El cacique wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed.
How are you, Nub?.
Wow. I get judging icons literally minutes after i post.

Dave, are you actually working these days?. You seem to be sitting by the computer.

Is Mari still supporting you?.

Location hidden

#14 Sep 23, 2013
All this stupid judging of our postings with negative icons is getting old and boring.Grow up!

We are trying to have postive conversations here.If it bothers you that much then move it along out of here.It just shows jealousy on your part. smdh

Location hidden

#15 Sep 23, 2013
El cacique wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. I get judging icons literally minutes after i post.
Dave, are you actually working these days?. You seem to be sitting by the computer.
Is Mari still supporting you?.
He is jealous that's all.He can't stand that we get along great,and it bothers him.Too bad for him.

I know he immediately will rate my posting with his favorite negative mentally retarted icons.
Allan

United States

#16 Sep 23, 2013
But it is to show us how good a christian he is........ god told him to do it .... lol

Location hidden

#17 Sep 23, 2013
Nubeluz wrote:
All this stupid judging of our postings with negative icons is getting old and boring.Grow up!
We are trying to have postive conversations here.If it bothers you that much then move it along out of here.It just shows jealousy on your part. smdh
We know who it is.

I wouldn't make peace with him. There is no peace with a demon.

Just ignore him. He is a snake who will always show his true colors.

Location hidden

#18 Sep 23, 2013
Allan wrote:
But it is to show us how good a christian he is........ god told him to do it .... lol
Dave is inspired to rate with the silly icons.

Location hidden

#19 Sep 23, 2013
El cacique wrote:
<quoted text> Dave is inspired to rate with the silly icons.
He is like the nut icon,clueless,mean
and spam.Cause' he is a spammer LOL!

Location hidden

#20 Sep 23, 2013
Most of the lechoneras open up early in PR. They are open quite early. I know "Los Pinos" does. As in very early. LOL!

If you are touring. You can even grab a bite on the go and keep it moving.

Quite a few folks stop there and grab their coffee or what have you in the mornings.

Once outside of the islands metropolitan and tourist areas..Most island traditionalists close their restaurants what would be considered quite early by mainland standards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Puerto Rico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good news for PR..Islands jobless rate decrease... 2 hr el cacique 24
PR statehood act gains traction 3 hr el cacique 9
Alias use 3 hr el cacique 7
Utuado thread dissappears! 4 hr allan 6
Mayor Elect Bill Deblasio decides that he wants... (Dec '13) 5 hr allan 591
Russia's growing presence in Latin America worr... 5 hr El Cacique 13
Crime in Puerto Rico (Dec '12) 16 hr allan 413
More from around the web