Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Apparently, PR is one of the easiest places in the US to claim disability.

http://www.caribbeanbusinesspr.com/news/feds-...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Hmmmm. Shades of Jorge!

LOL!
Allan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

This caught my eye

The report noted that Social Security data reveals that about four times as many working-age Puerto Rico residents receive disability income than those on the U.S. mainland.

As of 2011, there were 205,969 disability cases in Puerto Rico, according to data from the Social Security Disability Insurance Program. Of this total, 177,166 involved “workers” identified as ages 18 to 64.

About one million working-age adults are employed in Puerto Rico. Thus, about 17.7 percent of workers on the island claim a disability.

By comparison, on the U.S. mainland, disabled beneficiaries ages 18–64, who received disability payments, accounted for about 4.6 percent of the nation’s population.

These figures are consistent with another survey. The percentage of Puerto Rico’s working-age adults (ages 21 to 74) who were classified as disabled was 17.4 percent, compared with 10.3 percent in the U.S. mainland, according to a study by Cornell University.
Allan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Love the judgement of my previous post, quite interesting and very telling

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Allan wrote:
You get use to them after a while. There are a lot of idiots here. Some from another forum who go OD with that nonsense.

I guess it helps them feel like they are back in middle school..LOL!

Just let it roll off your back and continue to speak the truth!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Allan wrote:
This caught my eye
The report noted that Social Security data reveals that about four times as many working-age Puerto Rico residents receive disability income than those on the U.S. mainland.
As of 2011, there were 205,969 disability cases in Puerto Rico, according to data from the Social Security Disability Insurance Program. Of this total, 177,166 involved “workers” identified as ages 18 to 64.
About one million working-age adults are employed in Puerto Rico. Thus, about 17.7 percent of workers on the island claim a disability.
By comparison, on the U.S. mainland, disabled beneficiaries ages 18–64, who received disability payments, accounted for about 4.6 percent of the nation’s population.
These figures are consistent with another survey. The percentage of Puerto Rico’s working-age adults (ages 21 to 74) who were classified as disabled was 17.4 percent, compared with 10.3 percent in the U.S. mainland, according to a study by Cornell University.
Amazing, isn't it?

Staggering!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Allan wrote:
I put in a positive icon for you.

I hope that helps.
Allan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

Thanks but I like the fact that they voted that way, when mere facts are seen as racy and clueless it goes to show people will either deny reality or think that I am exerting my anglo bias. laughable either way !
JMWinPR

Canovanas, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

And that doesn't include the civil service people who show up for "work" so they can go on break. Why do you have to stand in 3 lines at 3 different locations to register a car?
As for "judging" what do the little symbols mean?
Allan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

JMWinPR wrote:
when you read anothers post you will see in the upper right hand margin of that post it says judge it, click on that and all the available "judgements and meanings are listed.

Since: Oct 12

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

JMWinPR wrote:
And that doesn't include the civil service people who show up for "work" so they can go on break. Why do you have to stand in 3 lines at 3 different locations to register a car?
Sounds just like my Puerto Rico experience registering car ... oh and one of the places is always closed on a weekday afternoon too! LOL

Here in New York you only go to ONE DMV office to register a car and that's it.
Allan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

My picture lic had expired 2 weeks before I got to the dmv here from my home state but I had all the paperwork showing that I had paid for another 5 years but need the picture only, they would not accept that here so I had to retake the learners exam and drivers test, took 5 trips till I finally got to the drive test and the girl was on her cell phone texting the whole time and she told me to cut thru a mcdonalds parking lot as a shortcut, well 2 kids ran out the door and were heading straight into my path, I hit the brakes to slow down and she looked at me and said go go and I pointed at the kids who would have been hit if I had not slowed and she says you take me back, you need more practice before you get lic. here. I have been driving for 35 years and haven't had an accident or ticket in over 20 and that was for speeding 10 mph over the speed limit LOL.when I told my friends of my embarassing day they laughed and asked if it was gorda and described her to a T, apparently if you go to her and are not PR born you do not get a lic. Quite funny as I was in a full size chevy blazer 4 dr and did the cone parking and everything fine and the girl ahead of me hit a cone knocking it over and passed and a kid about 5 people before her pulled out into traffic and a car coming had to slam on his brakes and skidded and squeeled to a stop and they passed. She must be friends with Jorge. So off to buy stamps I went............

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Allan wrote:
My picture lic had expired 2 weeks before I got to the dmv here from my home state but I had all the paperwork showing that I had paid for another 5 years but need the picture only, they would not accept that here so I had to retake the learners exam and drivers test, took 5 trips till I finally got to the drive test and the girl was on her cell phone texting the whole time and she told me to cut thru a mcdonalds parking lot as a shortcut, well 2 kids ran out the door and were heading straight into my path, I hit the brakes to slow down and she looked at me and said go go and I pointed at the kids who would have been hit if I had not slowed and she says you take me back, you need more practice before you get lic. here. I have been driving for 35 years and haven't had an accident or ticket in over 20 and that was for speeding 10 mph over the speed limit LOL.when I told my friends of my embarassing day they laughed and asked if it was gorda and described her to a T, apparently if you go to her and are not PR born you do not get a lic. Quite funny as I was in a full size chevy blazer 4 dr and did the cone parking and everything fine and the girl ahead of me hit a cone knocking it over and passed and a kid about 5 people before her pulled out into traffic and a car coming had to slam on his brakes and skidded and squeeled to a stop and they passed. She must be friends with Jorge. So off to buy stamps I went..........
What an experience.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

JMWinPR wrote:
They are put there by topix to help market the site. Solely to brew controversy. They are silly. But, they work for the topix formula of hate and negativity.

Allan was right. Many times one's comments have nothing to do with the icons selected.

But, immature retards will continue to be immature retards and use the negative icons with free abandon.

After a while. You just learn to ignore them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Oh...Man oh man. This is freaking rich.

Shades of Jorge

"The characteristics of Puerto Rico's beneficiaries differed from other areas. In addition to the large clusters in certain zip codes, federal data showed that 33.3% of Puerto Rican beneficiaries qualified because of "mood disorders," a rate that is at least 10 percentage points higher than any U.S. state".

(unquote)

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788 ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Shades of Jorge......

http://www.caribbeanbusinesspr.com/news/feds -...

This is most likely why he is not a happy camper.

I believe we are getting a lot warmer and closer to the truth.

It all makes sense now. What i have always sensed with him.

He simply projects because he is pissed. Life has passed him by.

"Mood disorders"? That is a fuzzy classification. It leaves a lot room for error with a doctor who has no scruples.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

THe other day he was bitching about healthcare.I wonder if he has a plan medico.
Allan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Nubeluz wrote:
THe other day he was bitching about healthcare.I wonder if he has a plan medico.
I don't think winners of huge settlements can qualify for it LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Nubeluz wrote:
Shouldn't several million dollars buy the best health care plan humanely possible?.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

http://www.cato.org/blog/social-security-disa...

"In 2006, just 36% of initial applicants in Puerto Rico were awarded benefits. In December 2010, the award rate had jumped to 69%. By 2010, nine of the top 10 U.S. ZIP Codes for workers receiving disability benefits were on the island".

(unquote)

Nine of the top 10 U.S. Zip codes for disability were in the island?.

Unbelievable!

Hmmmmm.....Shades of Jorge, indeed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••