Jack

Santa Barbara, CA

#105 Aug 18, 2012
You're like every other foreigner, you think Philippines is a dangerous place, well it's not. Even though a lot of people are poor there doesn't mean they're dangerous. Have you been to the Philippines? It's filled with a lot of smiling, friendly people. Of course every country has a lot of criminals, YOU just don't see it.
sherwinmapalo

Philippines

#106 Sep 21, 2012
This video is must see for all Filipinos. Specially those, like me, have no recollection of the Philippines when it was the 2nd wealthiest nation in Asia, after Japan. Citizens of other countries, like Henry Sy Sr ( a Chinese-Filipino who became one of the wealthiest man in the world) is a poor boy then from China migrated to the Philippines in search for a better future. He found his future and grew his business empire here. He and his family kept believing in the potential of the Philippines despite criticism from other Filipinos who gave up and migrated to another country.
The Philippines was envied by other Asian nations then. Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan and South Korea don’t ring a bell during those times.
Look at how developed we were before the 2nd World War. No wonder Japan invaded us despite the fact that Manila is supposed to be an open city.
Look at the places then and compare it with the images today.
Video clip courtesy of The Travel Film Archive
pollo castrano

Manila, Philippines

#107 Nov 18, 2012
good governance and management are the keys for progress. But dont forget plus control of birth rate. China, japan, all western countries, indeed became success story because they control the birth rate. minimal pre-marraige pregnancies, seldom in the western world.. President NOyNOy has big contribution to this forecast grwing in good governance. IN my oponion as economist a little bit. 2050 is very very far. We can hit even 2025. We ca be top 20 largest economy in the world. Plus factors are OFWs and more skilled and educated people are growing. TESDA should be free of FEES. like Marcos time.
ronald

Dubai, UAE

#108 Nov 18, 2012
yesh sure maybe by year 3500
Lol

San Francisco, CA

#109 Nov 19, 2012
PH registers $600M surplus in balance of payments
By Michelle V. Remo
Philippine Daily Inquirer
11:11 pm | Monday, November 19th, 2012
Share on facebook_likeShare

"The country registered a surplus of over $600 million in its balance of payments in October, driven partly by dollar inflows in the form of remittances, as well as investments in the business process outsourcing sector.

The amount is about three times more than the $208 million recorded in the same month last year. "

Wonderful news. Surplus and no debt.
Lol

San Francisco, CA

#110 Nov 19, 2012
“The Philippines is exploiting favorable financing conditions to accelerate its ongoing debt liability management program,” De Guzman said.

Just this month, Moody’s raised the credit rating for the Philippines from Ba2 to Ba1, or from two notches to just one notch below investment grade.

Government officials hope the country will be given an investment grade by next year.

Meantime, Moody’s Analytics, a research firm and a sister company of the credit watchdog, said in a separate statement that it expects the Philippines to post a GDP growth of 5.2 percent for 2012 from 3.7 percent last year.

The government’s official growth target for this year is between 5 and 6 percent. " Inquirer News.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#111 Nov 19, 2012
Lol wrote:
“The Philippines is exploiting favorable financing conditions to accelerate its ongoing debt liability management program,” De Guzman said.
Just this month, Moody’s raised the credit rating for the Philippines from Ba2 to Ba1, or from two notches to just one notch below investment grade.
Government officials hope the country will be given an investment grade by next year.
Meantime, Moody’s Analytics, a research firm and a sister company of the credit watchdog, said in a separate statement that it expects the Philippines to post a GDP growth of 5.2 percent for 2012 from 3.7 percent last year.
The government’s official growth target for this year is between 5 and 6 percent. " Inquirer News.
regardless of how much the flip economy grows it will never be shared with the poor.

it would not be advantageous to the wealthy peoples agenda in continuing their beggar mentality to the world.
no_bukll

Quezon, Philippines

#112 Nov 19, 2012
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
regardless of how much the flip economy grows it will never be shared with the poor.
it would not be advantageous to the wealthy peoples agenda in continuing their beggar mentality to the world.
of course, Philippines is a democratic and liberal nation not a socialist nation. we don't believe in 'wealth sharing'. these poor, we need to keep a tight leash around their neck, we don't want them getting ideas, our cheap labors is what supports this growth in the first place just like what happen in China and India, it is what keeps the competitive advantage of these countries. Take that and growth is gone. Any uneducated labour who wish for more, is free to go to western countries where they'll be well taken care of. This is our country our rule.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#114 Nov 19, 2012
no_bukll wrote:
<quoted text>
of course, Philippines is a democratic and liberal nation not a socialist nation. we don't believe in 'wealth sharing'. these poor, we need to keep a tight leash around their neck, we don't want them getting ideas, our cheap labors is what supports this growth in the first place just like what happen in China and India, it is what keeps the competitive advantage of these countries. Take that and growth is gone. Any uneducated labour who wish for more, is free to go to western countries where they'll be well taken care of. This is our country our rule.
you explain it well and confirm the truth for all to see how guilty you truly are.

however you are a liar when you say that the poor uneducated are free to go to other western countries. its a lie which also proves that your statement about the filipins being a democratic country is also a big lie and you know its true.

no democracy enacts those cyber laws. all democracies have FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACTS.
you pretend to be god fearing religious christians when in fact you are the lowest of criminals and slave holders.

in a western country no senator or congressman could do what yours has done to make such laws against the people.

you, like your now famous comedian senator are becoming clowns and only enjoy the respect of your clown colleagues at best.

you dont have the respect of any country in the whole world do you?
tell me who respects your country if you can?

its not a country at all, but just a private club for the wealthy dogs.

your little dynasty island has no secrets and cant hide the truth from actual intelligent people.

your wealthy are murderers,rapists,scammers,fra uds, and unable to have a real democracy for fear of reprisal and uprising.

you are a disgrace and have no face or shame.

its difficult to tell you how sickening you are to the world, because you dont care. money is your only god.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#115 Nov 19, 2012
Concerned_ wrote:
Maybe the Philippines will be the 14th richest country earlier than 2050.
not collectively as a country they wont. progress is only reserved for the wealthy. not their slaves.
no_bukll

Quezon, Philippines

#116 Nov 19, 2012
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
you explain it well and confirm the truth for all to see how guilty you truly are.
however you are a liar when you say that the poor uneducated are free to go to other western countries. its a lie which also proves that your statement about the filipins being a democratic country is also a big lie and you know its true.
no democracy enacts those cyber laws. all democracies have FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACTS.
you pretend to be god fearing religious christians when in fact you are the lowest of criminals and slave holders.
in a western country no senator or congressman could do what yours has done to make such laws against the people.
you, like your now famous comedian senator are becoming clowns and only enjoy the respect of your clown colleagues at best.
you dont have the respect of any country in the whole world do you?
tell me who respects your country if you can?
its not a country at all, but just a private club for the wealthy dogs.
your little dynasty island has no secrets and cant hide the truth from actual intelligent people.
your wealthy are murderers,rapists,scammers,fra uds, and unable to have a real democracy for fear of reprisal and uprising.
you are a disgrace and have no face or shame.
its difficult to tell you how sickening you are to the world, because you dont care. money is your only god.
I think we're straying from the topic here..
i dont care about senators or their laws, what i care about is business, what i do is i make business and from that business i make money. I don't care what kind of democracy Philippines has, all i know is we're democratic enough we don't believe EQUALITY. There's always has to be someone at the bottom of the food chain who'll serve our goals and purpose.

What is it that you don't understand? you're naive, you think anybody can be happy in this world, you think prosperity can be acheved without other people suffering, but the hard truth is their suffering is fuel for our prosperity!
L A Marcial

Quezon City, Philippines

#117 Nov 19, 2012
Many of us seem to agree that the Philippines have to be free from CROOKS first before becoming a developed country. As of now, every family has a crook"... it has become a way of life. Father, mother and brothers and sisters are no longer ashamed to have a Politician Dad, who always talks and acts like a millionaire, but still eats with his fingers and burps in public. His garage has three to four cars, changes undershirt once every three or four days and speaks no English. Typical of one who has ill gotten wealth. He still wears chinelas in going to the moviee. There, is the picture of a crook. No education, no manners and no friends. A crook indeed.
L A Marcial

Quezon City, Philippines

#118 Nov 19, 2012
NO", the philippines is not a hopeless case,..there are many more people who have hope than those who do not. Those who do not, do not walk with God . Those who do not ", put God aside a long time ago when their pockets were full of Money. They do not need a God to fill their pockets with money that gives them access to fun, pleasure and temporary happiness but will only and gradually seek the comforts of love of God when they become ill or dying in sin. Many of us are like him, while many of us will regret it when the HEAT of hell's fire scorches our skin. Laugh while you still can, for time is short.
Honest Abe

Quezon City, Philippines

#119 Nov 20, 2012
there is a very old American expression commonly spoken which says..."for crying out loud "and I am repeating it,...for crying out loud, why are we not surprized when we see nothing but highly positioned executives that are daily being nabbed or caught doing acts not expected of them in various offices of the Government. Are we really that full of corrupt officials everywhere ? Could it be because none of the big fishes have not yet been inside a jail this far ? THey have been charged and found guilTy but they aRE FREE ! ARE OUR COURTS AND JUDGES AFRAID TO ARREST THEM AND THROW THEM IN JAIL ? MR. ROXAS, DO TELL!
Lol

San Francisco, CA

#120 Nov 20, 2012
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
regardless of how much the flip economy grows it will never be shared with the poor.
it would not be advantageous to the wealthy peoples agenda in continuing their beggar mentality to the world.
Actually the government is now giving financial support to the poor and elderly. Hopefully, they don't have to tax and tax the working people, never mind the rich. And they should not reward too much those unemployed or else they will get pampered and get lazy to find work. What is important is for the government to provide jobs jobs and jobs.

And don't say flip or else I'll call you flop ...
Lol

San Francisco, CA

#121 Nov 20, 2012
Concerned_ wrote:
Maybe the Philippines will be the 14th richest country earlier than 2050.
As long as they will not elect a corrupt president.
Lol

San Francisco, CA

#122 Nov 20, 2012
I read in one article that Pres. Aquino approved a P5000.00 christmas bonus aside from the 13th month pay. Also the private sectors were asked to give their employees 13th month pay.

For those who have relatives working abroad, all are starting to receive balikbayan boxes fill of christmas gifts and cash!!

And all are joyful to see religious decorations like the "Belen" "Manger" unlike in Santa Monica--a Judge disapproved the request of Santa Monica to display a Manger which they have been displaying for decades....quite disappointing to the children who believes in SAnta Claus.

Philippines is poor but see and experience how people celebrate Christmas, poor and rich alike, Christmas is for everybody.
Lol

San Francisco, CA

#123 Nov 20, 2012
Honest Abe wrote:
there is a very old American expression commonly spoken which says..."for crying out loud "and I am repeating it,...for crying out loud, why are we not surprized when we see nothing but highly positioned executives that are daily being nabbed or caught doing acts not expected of them in various offices of the Government. Are we really that full of corrupt officials everywhere ? Could it be because none of the big fishes have not yet been inside a jail this far ? THey have been charged and found guilTy but they aRE FREE ! ARE OUR COURTS AND JUDGES AFRAID TO ARREST THEM AND THROW THEM IN JAIL ? MR. ROXAS, DO TELL!
There is still chance for PH as long as the top official like Aquino is not corrupt.

Corruption is everywhere...you get rid of one, another group will surface....recently, in DC 300 employees were caught involved in corruption receiving unemployment benefits and at the same time working receiving pay checks. This is being investigated.
Lol

San Francisco, CA

#124 Nov 20, 2012
IMF chief lauds PH: It’s the only nation upgraded
By Michael Lim Ubac, Michelle V. Remo
Philippine Daily Inquirer
4:05 am | Saturday, November 17th, 2012
Share on facebook_likeShare Tweet
MANILA, Philippines—The Philippines is the only country in the world for which the International Monetary Fund has upgraded its economic growth forecast for 2012, according to visiting IMF managing director Christine Lagarde.

Compared with the once-powerhouse economies of Europe and the United States, which are now struggling, the Philippines is on the road to maintaining an average growth rate of 5 percent next year, Lagarde told a press briefing in Malacañang on Friday.

“I congratulated the Filipino authorities for their excellent economic stewardship during difficult times. In the last decade, the Philippines managed to have an average growth of about 5 percent,” said Lagarde, who met earlier with Finance Secretary Cesar Purisima, Budget Secretary Florencio Abad and Deputy Governor Diwa Guinigundo of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.

“And you will be interested to know that this year, 2012, at a very difficult time because of the financial crisis in other parts of the world, the Philippines is probably the only country in which we have increased the growth forecast as opposed to other places in the world where we actually decreased our forecast,” said Lagarde, the first woman to head the IMF and who was recently named by Forbes magazine as the 8th most powerful woman in the world.

The Aquino administration has set a growth target of between 5 and 6 percent this year, 6 and 7 percent in 2013, and at least 7 percent in the succeeding years."

Wonderful news - great job Pres. Aquino!
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#125 Nov 20, 2012
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
There is still chance for PH as long as the top official like Aquino is not corrupt.
Corruption is everywhere...you get rid of one, another group will surface....recently, in DC 300 employees were caught involved in corruption receiving unemployment benefits and at the same time working receiving pay checks. This is being investigated.
like aquino???? he also has family in gov. which is directly in violation of the constitution. ie FAMILY DYNASTIES?

he also rushed to sign the cybercrime law ,as he himself doesnt wish to hear any bad comments about himself.

freedom of information act junked? more of the same dictatorship.

what do you think the SC will do on jan 17 when the TRO expires and the cybercrime law needs to be decided? do you really think they are studying it or are they just waiting to enact it?

we will see soon enough .

another ampatuan witness is killed in jail of all places and they blame him for it?

arroyo slowly inching her way to freedom by abusing the courts and using her money?

sotto the comedian and his audience of clowns all making a mockery of the senate and congress as well as the country?

paquiao building his own dynasty in direct conflict with the constitution?

leni robredo running for congress? well, at least she IS a lawyer and not some uneducated punch drunk nit wit fighter.

election murders have begun.

need i say more?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philippines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
safe and effective abortion pills (Jan '14) 32 min ms_confused10 201
Wanted girl sexmate (Jun '14) 36 min Yummy etits 599
Pampalaglag Abortion (May '14) 48 min snowwhite 325
why i hate philippines and pinoy people!!!!! (Oct '12) 1 hr Don the American 5,601
Iglesia ni Cristo is a scam (Mar '12) 2 hr friend of ame 8,796
"For Sale": Empty Chapels Of The "Mother Harlot... 2 hr Wait_a_minute 75
Safe Abortion with Ms. Pearl 3 hr kckiity 285
wanted textmate sexmate (Apr '14) 3 hr Pierced Dick 12,479
anybody here in manila,girls looking for lesbia... (Jul '13) 6 hr ch33kydimpl3 14,370
More from around the web