working girl of brooklyn

Floral Park, NY

#26 Nov 14, 2008
RDT wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly the greatest endorsement of tourism in the Phils, but I do understand what you were commenting upon.
The US government puts out warnings for tourists and business travelers concerning safety for US citizens when conditions warrant. Check the internet for pertinent safety concerns for the area you are planning to visit and/or take the advice of trustworthy locals.
More often than not I usually stay in that hotel not too far from Glorietta's and Greenbelt in Makati every time I go home to the Philippines. Yet, when the surrounding malls are closed at around ten, this supposedly relatively upscale area of Makati is by no means safe. You're better off taking a cab than risk being robbed even if the distance is short. Just negotiate with the cab driver by offering him with a decent tip.

Times may have changed since I was attending college in UST. I was robbed at knifepoint of my watch while I was walking along Espana Street. And it's supposed to be a fairly populated area.

My statement was not a wholesale indictment of the peace and order situation in the Philippines. It pays though to be vigilant. If ever one becomes a victim of crime, more than likely it's a petty one. Much as we don't want it happening on us, we'll take that consolation nevertheless.

But travelling to Southern Philippines might be a different story. The story of that missionary Durham (or was it Burham?) is still too fresh to be forgotten.
working girl of brooklyn

Floral Park, NY

#27 Nov 14, 2008
senselessthinker wrote:
<quoted text>
As someone whos been here all my life, the Philippines is a very tourist friendly country. In the past, the peace and order situation is quite fragile but presently it is more stable with the exception of Mindanao. Anywhere else, it is pretty safe for any tourist or an American for that matter to visit tourists spots. We love Americans not because of their money but because Filipinos are very familiar with the Americans more than any other foreigners. If your worry is about the idea that Americans are hated because of the Iraq invasion, well it is fairly non-existent in the Philippines. And as far as I can remember racism has never been an issue with us.
I agree.
maniac Jr the Follower

Bremerton, WA

#28 Nov 14, 2008
Philippines are friendly to the color Green. Dollar.
timemaster

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#29 Nov 14, 2008
working girl of brooklyn wrote:
<quoted text>
More often than not I usually stay in that hotel not too far from Glorietta's and Greenbelt in Makati every time I go home to the Philippines. Yet, when the surrounding malls are closed at around ten, this supposedly relatively upscale area of Makati is by no means safe. You're better off taking a cab than risk being robbed even if the distance is short. Just negotiate with the cab driver by offering him with a decent tip.
Times may have changed since I was attending college in UST. I was robbed at knifepoint of my watch while I was walking along Espana Street. And it's supposed to be a fairly populated area.
My statement was not a wholesale indictment of the peace and order situation in the Philippines. It pays though to be vigilant. If ever one becomes a victim of crime, more than likely it's a petty one. Much as we don't want it happening on us, we'll take that consolation nevertheless.
But travelling to Southern Philippines might be a different story. The story of that missionary Durham (or was it Burham?) is still too fresh to be forgotten.
i think it's martin and gracia burnham. they were not even in mindanao. i think they were in palawan.

manila is generally safe but travel with caution. as always never accept drinks and offers from people who don't know. and take tours only from reputable sources even if it a tad more expensive. remember to negotiate for rates before starting your sightseeing tours or you might end up paying for more.
timemaster

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#30 Nov 14, 2008
maniac Jr the Follower wrote:
not only phi. even countries in south america and mexico and drooling over green.
if you look at our other SEA neighbors, like singapore they attract brits, aussies, chinese. while malaysia attracts middle eastern countries. indonesia (bali) attracts russians. thailand attracts scandinavian countries.

phil should attract more of these because these will help the country earn much needed revenue
maniac Jr the Follower

Bremerton, WA

#31 Nov 14, 2008
timemaster wrote:
<quoted text>
not only phi. even countries in south america and mexico and drooling over green.
if you look at our other SEA neighbors, like singapore they attract brits, aussies, chinese. while malaysia attracts middle eastern countries. indonesia (bali) attracts russians. thailand attracts scandinavian countries.
phil should attract more of these because these will help the country earn much needed revenue
Phil women loves white guys like gold.
MariaMaria

Philippines

#32 Nov 14, 2008
It's no worse that Thailand. Scams happen, but the tourist trail is pretty safe. If you are worried about your personal safety, it is extremely rare for any physical harm to happen to a foreigner. That is more common in Thailand.
Just steer clear of the sensitive area in the south, Mindanao. The touristy parts of Cebu and Boracay are very safe and foreigner friendly.
Those who say it isn't safe are unlikely to have actually been here!
MariaMaria

Philippines

#33 Nov 15, 2008
Rebecca wrote:
<quoted text>if you don't watch what you eat they will try to serve you dogmeat!
What a moron. Obviously you have never been to the country and know virtually nothing about it.
Very few people in the Philippines eat dog. It's quite rare, and mostly in rural locations. you won't see it on sale in the market or on restaurant menus like in Vietnam and other Asian countries.
The Phils is by no means the worst offender.
And why don't you work on the cruelty in your own country before you start bashing other people's.
working girl of brooklyn

Floral Park, NY

#34 Nov 15, 2008
Why single out Philippines? You go vacation to those Carribean and Mexican resorts and you'll see that their locals are even more "friendlier" to the color green.
Rebecca

United States

#35 Nov 15, 2008
MariaMaria wrote:
<quoted text>
What a moron. Obviously you have never been to the country and know virtually nothing about it.
Very few people in the Philippines eat dog. It's quite rare, and mostly in rural locations. you won't see it on sale in the market or on restaurant menus like in Vietnam and other Asian countries.
The Phils is by no means the worst offender.
And why don't you work on the cruelty in your own country before you start bashing other people's.
I follow the articles. and yes you have been defending eating dogs all night.
MariaMaria

Philippines

#36 Nov 15, 2008
What's wrong with eating dogs as opposed to other meat. Just because it isn't done in your culture doesn't automatically make it wrong. They are raised for meat the same as cows and pigs. No difference. I defend people's right to eat what they want. My body was designed to eat meat. It isn't unnatural!
Rebecca

United States

#37 Nov 15, 2008
MariaMaria wrote:
What's wrong with eating dogs as opposed to other meat. Just because it isn't done in your culture doesn't automatically make it wrong. They are raised for meat the same as cows and pigs. No difference. I defend people's right to eat what they want. My body was designed to eat meat. It isn't unnatural!
Get the culture thing out of your head. It doesn't have a fuking thing to do with culture. Its wrong. It's against God. It's against everything good. It's against the environment,your health,your youth. there;s a thousand reasons it's wrong.
And you offend the tourists. I know you like money more than eating dogs.
timemaster

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#38 Nov 15, 2008
MariaMaria wrote:
don't eat dog they are man's best friend, i saw dog meat in a public market in Baguio. then again my friend serve us dog meat when we went to their place in bulacan so i would say dog meat is eaten in the northern parts of luzon but not by all filipinos. most decent filipino would not eat dog meat. read some years ago that a group of men died from eating rabid dogs, good for them. hehe
RDT

Poolesville, MD

#39 Nov 15, 2008
Hey, Captain Obvious, every part of the world loves money, especially dollars. Now you can back to watching, or animating, your SpongeBob SquarePants.

FYI, the dollar has appreciated about 20% against most major currencies in the last week or two.

The world loves green and rich American men. Sorry, if we keep stealing your best girlfriends, Junior. It's not personal. It's just business.

=
RDT

Poolesville, MD

#40 Nov 15, 2008
Rebecca wrote:
<quoted text>Get the culture thing out of your head. It doesn't have a fuking thing to do with culture. Its wrong. It's against God. It's against everything good. It's against the environment,your health,your youth. there;s a thousand reasons it's wrong.
And you offend the tourists. I know you like money more than eating dogs.
Your son should kick you in the nuts and wash your mouth out with soap, Sweetheart. Get a grip, Satan's wife.

Where in the bible does it say 'thou shall not eat doggies, big or small?' Against the environment, our health and our youth? Hell, eating dogs just might have created more evil in the world by preventing the Obamessiah from being elected President!

The only people offended by someone eating a dog are those with a sense of holier-then-thou mentality, such as you are displaying here.

Like 95% of Filipinos, I don't want dogs to be eaten, don't want to eat dog meat and will over react if I see someone mistreat and abuse a dog in my presence. However, that doesn't mean I have a moral or ethical higher ground on the issue. I just love dogs.

I'm glad you do, too. Fight for their well treatment, but don't forsake an entire people simply because a very small minority doesn't see eye to eye with your simple-mindedness.
RDT

Poolesville, MD

#41 Nov 15, 2008
timemaster wrote:
<quoted text>
don't eat dog they are man's best friend, i saw dog meat in a public market in Baguio. then again my friend serve us dog meat when we went to their place in bulacan so i would say dog meat is eaten in the northern parts of luzon but not by all filipinos. most decent filipino would not eat dog meat. read some years ago that a group of men died from eating rabid dogs, good for them. hehe
Getting bit or eating any diseased animal, generally, is bad juju.
rebecca

United States

#42 Nov 15, 2008
timemaster wrote:
<quoted text>
damn right, I hope everyone who does this dies.
rebecca

United States

#43 Nov 15, 2008
RDT wrote:
<quoted text>
Your son should kick you in the nuts and wash your mouth out with soap, Sweetheart. Get a grip, Satan's wife.
Where in the bible does it say 'thou shall not eat doggies, big or small?' Against the environment, our health and our youth? Hell, eating dogs just might have created more evil in the world by preventing the Obamessiah from being elected President!
The only people offended by someone eating a dog are those with a sense of holier-then-thou mentality, such as you are displaying here.
Like 95% of Filipinos, I don't want dogs to be eaten, don't want to eat dog meat and will over react if I see someone mistreat and abuse a dog in my presence. However, that doesn't mean I have a moral or ethical higher ground on the issue. I just love dogs.
I'm glad you do, too. Fight for their well treatment, but don't forsake an entire people simply because a very small minority doesn't see eye to eye with your simple-mindedness.
AGAIN, WHERE and WHEN did I say ALL philippinos?!TROLL
Vic_Danish_Pilot

Denmark

#45 Nov 15, 2008
If you travel a part of this world and have visited some of the biggest cities, you know that no place is completely safe.
It depends on your own reasoning.

Would you in your own town move in the most insecure areas? No, surely!
Will you in a foreign city move in the most frown and dark alleys? Hardly not.
So always use anywhere in the world you are your own reasoning and be careful then.

In Manila I am personally moved me around without one single time to feel insecure.

Guest freedom and hospitality is great.
You meet sweet and friendly people and always with a 'Hello Joe'.

But use your brain, it never makes you feel uncertain about and which you would never do in one of our own cities.

The Philippines are friendly and nice people.

Thanks .......... Salamat !!!!!

messala Malolos City

Makati, Philippines

#46 Nov 15, 2008
I have yet to read a blog here saying he came to this country and suffered or was victimized by criminal elements. Almost all foreign writing people blogging here say the country is not safe 'according to a friend". And those who write negative things about the country are those "Filipinos" who, having stepped in the "holy soil",(meaning abroad), thinks that they are now superior to us left behind. FYI, this country is one of the safest place to go. Of course, there are dangerous spots, streets and alleys. But that goes also for all countries in in the world. Why do Westerners go to Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, Indonesia, Thailand, or Malaysia, where suicide bombers abound. Are those countries safer than the Philippines? Definitely not. Tourists come here to enjoy the scenery, sun, sand, and sea. Not to mention the world-famous Philippine hospitality. Our country is safe not only for American tourists but to all kinds of tourists. So, come on in, and enjoy. Mabuhay!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philippines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wanted textmate sexmate (Apr '14) 4 min jayyusz 9,834
Any bi fem or secretly bisexual? Looking for so... 24 min Cam165 895
chubby cute girls looking for textmate/serious ... 58 min saintmagic01 3
The Beautiful and Grandiose Chapels of Iglesia ... (Apr '13) 58 min jodlas 1,437
Girl to girl relationship 1 hr trixie228 79
lipstick lesbians only!! 1 hr snix303 21
looking girl sexmate in bicol 2 hr xxx 1
Iglesia ni Cristo is a scam (Mar '12) 3 hr LUCYMANALO RAPE R... 8,437
why i hate philippines and pinoy people!!!!! (Oct '12) 4 hr Fortunate Son 1968 5,136

Philippines People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE