Obama's promises often conflict

May 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Texarkana Gazette

Associated Press In this Nov. 14, 2012, file photo, protesters wearing flower costumes display placards during a rally near the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, to call on industrialized countries to act on the growing problem of climate change.

Comments
1 - 20 of 33 Comments Last updated May 11, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jose Laoz

San Jose Del Monte, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Why is it that people always complain about President Obama not being able to fulfill some promises ? He is a s human as anybody else. He has to attend to many things he never expected before being President. He has a lot of more important matters to attend to first than making you happy. He is not Superman ! Are you ? Try and be a candidate next time. Maybe you are Superman. lol
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

global warming isnt anything that humans can stop. its an earth cycle thats occurred many times in the past eons.

responsible environmentalism was an idea to clean up the world which has now turned into a political monster of controlling the worlds people.

not saying that it wouldnt hurt if 3rd world countries would at the very least ban smoking vehicles of all kinds. flips could at least breath a lot better.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Jose Laoz wrote:
Why is it that people always complain about President Obama not being able to fulfill some promises ? He is a s human as anybody else. He has to attend to many things he never expected before being President. He has a lot of more important matters to attend to first than making you happy. He is not Superman ! Are you ? Try and be a candidate next time. Maybe you are Superman. lol
Perhaps you would be wise to keep your nose out of things of which you have no knowledge.

Many of us here on Topix know Obama all to well which is why we are so critical of him, his actions and words, and most especially, his empty promises.

Gain some insight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Jose Laoz

San Jose Del Monte, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

For one thing Bama Yankee, he has done more in such a short time than Mr Bush for his whole term as President.Buzz off, Yank.
Martin Nuke

Makati, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

I think Obama is doing a good job by trying to improve the economic status of the USA and he does not even like wars like bush like to wage wars. Obama just send drones for military missions because it is cheaper and less casualties and collateral damages. Many countries are even obliging Obama to get involve in the Syrian but he does not want to.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

I REST MY CASE

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Jose Laoz wrote:
For one thing Bama Yankee, he has done more in such a short time than Mr Bush for his whole term as President.Buzz off, Yank.
Yes, he had done more.... more to divide this country and make us the laughing stock of the world than anyone else could have hoped to do, even Jimmy Carter.

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Sep 10

Find the bastards and pile on.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

amc wrote:
I REST MY CASE
They just don't understand AMC. Like Clint said hes just a empty suit in a empty chair.

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Sep 10

Find the bastards and pile on.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Topix Poll:: Who's the best American president of all time? Ronald Reagan at 32% Bozo is not in the running.

Since: Apr 09

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he had done more.... more to divide this country and make us the laughing stock of the world than anyone else could have hoped to do, even Jimmy Carter.
All I see is anti-Obama bylines and so many lies by the opposition and Fox News that all it does is polarize and truth is the victim.

Is Obama perfect? Hell no but facts are facts. No President starts a war without a tax increase to pay for it. Bush started two wars and decreased taxes. WTF is everyone nuts? A sure recipe for going into deficit spending at light speed. Top it all Bush and Cheney are war criminals. They lied all the way down the line about Iraq. Cheney is guilty of treason for outing Valerie Plame.

Economy crashed under George Bush but who gets the blame? Obama. The opposition can't even match the dates of what happened and when. Obama was handed a shit bag. Of course the first thing you do is raise taxes to increase revenue to pay off the bills. He tried over and over but the rich run things INCLUDING the propaganda machine.

We need jobs but what do we get? Not a single jobs bill from Republicans just accusations all proven wrong like Obama is not a citizen, Obama will take away our guns, terrorist fist bump with the first lady, terror babies, anchor babies, Fema Camps for the poor to turn them Muslim, Obama is a Muslim even debunked by McCain. All smoke and mirrors of hate and fear for the American public.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
All I see is anti-Obama bylines and so many lies by the opposition and Fox News that all it does is polarize and truth is the victim.
Is Obama perfect? Hell no but facts are facts.~~ snipped for brevity ~~
Raising taxes to pay the bills is fine, and I'm somewhat certain the Republicans would have gone along with that were it not for the increased spending. You can't pay down the bills when you are charging more. That's like basing your budget on overtime money. I've seen blue collar workers do that time and again over the years and when the overtime runs out, they go bankrupt. Government is little different.

We are into Obama's second term. Time to quit blaming Bush for everything.

I can't speak to why others are so anti-Obama but I can certainly tell you why I am. I know his record.

I was living in, working in, and voting in Illinois when Obama was in diapers. I have his voting records from the Illinois Senate. I know the dirty tricks he used to get his opponents booted off the primary ballot.

I know how he voted on gang violence, abortion, guns and every other bill in the Illinois Senate during his term. That alone is enough for me to despise him.

During his first campaign, he lied nearly every time he opened his mouth.

During his second campaign, he parroted the very same things he said, and failed to deliver on, from his first campaign.

We've heard it all before:

For further background info I suggest you research Michelle Obama's patient dumping scheme.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Obama perfect? Hell no but facts are facts. No President starts a war without a tax increase to pay for it. Bush started two wars and decreased taxes. WTF is everyone nuts? A sure recipe for going into deficit spending at light speed. Top it all Bush and Cheney are war criminals. They lied all the way down the line about Iraq. Cheney is guilty of treason for outing Valerie Plame.
Economy crashed under George Bush but who gets the blame? Obama. The opposition can't even match the dates of what happened and when. Obama was handed a shit bag. Of course the first thing you do is raise taxes to increase revenue to pay off the bills. He tried over and over but the rich run things INCLUDING the propaganda machine.
We need jobs but what do we get? Not a single jobs bill from Republicans just accusations all proven wrong like Obama is not a citizen, Obama will take away our guns, terrorist fist bump with the first lady, terror babies, anchor babies, Fema Camps for the poor to turn them Muslim, Obama is a Muslim even debunked by McCain. All smoke and mirrors of hate and fear for the American public.
john mcCain? hahahahahaha
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

I have studied the Constitution as a student; I have taught it as a teacher; I have been bound by it as a lawyer and legislator. I took an oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution as Commander-in-Chief, and as a citizen, I know that we must never – ever – turn our back on its enduring principles for expedience sake. I make this claim not simply as a matter of idealism. We uphold our most cherished values not only because doing so is right, but because it strengthens our country and keeps us safe. Time and again, our values have been our best national security asset – in war and peace; in times of ease and in eras of upheaval. Fidelity to our values is the reason why the United States of America grew from a small string of colonies under the writ of an empire to the strongest nation in the world. It is the reason why enemy soldiers have surrendered to us in battle, knowing they’d receive better treatment from America’s armed forces than from their own government. It is the reason why America has benefited from strong alliances that amplified our power, and drawn a sharp and moral contrast with our adversaries. It is the reason why we’ve been able to overpower the iron fist of fascism, outlast the iron curtain of communism, and enlist free nations and free people everywhere in common cause and common effort. From Europe to the Pacific, we have been a nation that has shut down torture chambers and replaced tyranny with the rule of law. That is who we are. And where terrorists offer only the injustice of disorder and destruction, America must demonstrate that our values and institutions are more resilient than a hateful ideology.

quote from Barry Soetoro
Aus

Urangan, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a racist....Obama is your president , and you should support him. If you don't like him as President , don't vote for him....that's democracy . Seems the rightwing of politics can't deal with life unless they're in charge...

Since: Apr 09

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Aus wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like a racist....Obama is your president , and you should support him. If you don't like him as President , don't vote for him....that's democracy . Seems the rightwing of politics can't deal with life unless they're in charge...
America is in it's worse shape than most anytime in it's history and instead of the right wing working to solve our problems Mitch McConnell says their number one priority was to make sure Obama was not re-elected. Not the economy, not jobs, not debt, not to get us out of the wars but to make sure Obama was not re-elected.

They completely abandoned the American people to seek their own power and the wealthy's agenda.

I once posted the link of Fox News first time they blamed Obama for the economy. It was 6 weeks after he took the oath.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Aus wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like a racist....Obama is your president , and you should support him. If you don't like him as President , don't vote for him....that's democracy . Seems the rightwing of politics can't deal with life unless they're in charge...
what do you base your racist accusation on exactly? can it be that you are the real racist?

besides ignorant baseless posts is there anything else youd like to ad?
Ozzy

Catskill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

I am no Obama fan but if you dont understand why he is unable to keep promises then you dont understand US government and politics. There is no president that can keep all promises whether they are meaning to or not.

Since: Apr 13

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Martin Nuke wrote:
I think Obama is doing a good job by trying to improve the economic status of the USA and he does not even like wars like bush like to wage wars. Obama just send drones for military missions because it is cheaper and less casualties and collateral damages. Many countries are even obliging Obama to get involve in the Syrian but he does not want to.
over 190 innocent woman and children two of them Americans have been killed by these drones, you call that no casualties

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Aus wrote:
You know nothing about American Politics, we are Americans second we stand by our State first, and my state did not vote for Obama, we are not forced to be a part of the United States of America, we chose that option for now.

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Martin Nuke wrote:
The problem is he has no idea how to improve the economy, and has surrounded him self with people who have no experience, Making Obama President is like taking Mom and Pop who run the corner store and put them in charge of Wal-mart

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

68 Users are viewing the Philippines Forum right now

Search the Philippines Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
anybody here in manila,girls looking for lesbia... (Jul '13) 26 min shine 9,103
wanted textmate sexmate 40 min oly22 1,987
Confession from a former minister of Iglesia Ni... (Mar '13) 57 min Enlightened 1,569
Iglesia ni Cristo is a scam (Mar '12) 1 hr Hick 4,360
Catholicism Must Show The Whereabout of Purgato... (Nov '13) 1 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 142
10k buses, 2k vans to carry INC members for cen... 2 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 47
The “Zero” Grade Point Average of Priests On To... 2 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 76
•••
•••