Philippines Asia's Strongest Performing Economy

Nov 23, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Manila Bulletin

THE value of Philippine merchandise exports grew by 22.8% to $4.8 billion in September, 2012, higher than the $3.9 billion shipped out in the same month in 2011, making the country the strongest performer among Southeast and East Asian nations.

Comments (Page 181)

Showing posts 3,601 - 3,620 of6,094
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Now, I'll start fresh going back to the topic...

Editorial
Kinks in the economy

Philippine Daily Inquirer
9:35 pm | Monday, April 15th, 2013
11 77 34

After the euphoria-inducing investment-grade rating given to the Philippines during the Lenten break, a string of not-so-good news has hit the economic front. Foreign direct investments—or money that goes into productive undertakings like tourism, agriculture, or industrial projects—registered a net inflow of $576 million in January, down by nearly half from $1.05 billion posted in January last year. Merchandise exports fell 15.6 percent in February, the steepest decline in more than a year, according to the National Statistics Office (NSO). Growth in manufacturing output likewise eased to 8.7 percent in February, after posting double-digit growth in the previous month, as domestic and global demand for local goods declined.

Read more: http://opinion.inquirer.net/50807/kinks -
lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

MANILA, Philippines — The peso strengthened on the first trading day of the week as the World Bank reiterated its projection on the Philippines likely keeping its growth robust and within the 6-percent territory in 2013 and 2014.

The local currency closed at 41.235 against the US dollar, up by 3.5 centavos from Friday’s finish of 41.27:$1.

Intraday high hit 41.18:$1, while intraday low settled at 41.28:$1.

Volume of trade amounted to $890.6 million from $891.15 million previously.

The World Bank on Monday released an updated report on its outlook for East Asia and the Pacific, and reiterated its projection that the Philippines would probably grow by 6.2 percent in 2013 and 6.4 percent in 2014.

Echoing most projections, the World Bank said the Philippines would grow by another robust pace this year on the back of higher household consumption and potential rise in investments.

The favorable projection on the Philippines came amid lingering uncertainties in the global economy, partly driven by the ongoing crisis in the euro zone.
It is Amazing

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

lol wrote:
MANILA, Philippines — The peso strengthened on the first trading day of the week as the World Bank reiterated its projection on the Philippines likely The favorable projection on the Philippines came amid lingering uncertainties in the global economy, partly driven by the ongoing crisis in the euro zone.
With an economy, the size of China Military defense and 1/5 of Indonesia...

It is a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME to even discuss about your BANANA DREAM.

Anybody who understand economics will tells you that those type of investment will not last. Hahahahahaha Only an IDIOT like LOLLAH thinks she understand ECONOMY! Better do what you do best, such as purring away like a real pussy... instead. Hahahahaha
xyz

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

It is Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody who understand economics will tells you that those type of investment will not last. Hahahahahaha Only an IDIOT like LOLLAH thinks she understand ECONOMY! Better do what you do best, such as purring away like a real pussy... instead. Hahahahaha
Sticky pop plan is to throw peanuts and bananas to the chinese.
lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

It is Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>
A loser like you might feel discourage and immdiately refuses to live, but not the Filipinos. If there's life, there's hope. Try and try again until you succeed.

Don't bother and stress out yourself analyzing or discussing about the economics of the Philippines, you might not only laugh but need some hospital' straps..no offense intended but words of advice.
lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

xyz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sticky pop plan is to throw peanuts and bananas to the chinese.
You really love sticky pop, peanuts and bananas. Keep it for yourself.

Since: Apr 09

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
So Don please tell me your view point on people calling you "Amerikano" or "Kano" for short.
We don't like it anymore than you being called Flips, Japanese Japs or Indians bumbai, Canadians Canucks.
Jim

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Pinoy monitor wrote:
Unlike what Acquino and his fanatic supporters say, PH is getting worse off day by day.
So what we hear in this thread is basically blatant lies by Acquino supporters.
Check this site up about the Philippineshttp://www.manilati mes
.net/index.php/opinion/columni st1/40321-filipinos-worse-off- under-aquino
Authored by Rigoberta Tiglao
Many Pinoy people say this is a fake person made up by Acquino's opponents or by the Chinese.

I found that he is a real guy. He is also very educated, and outstanding - former ambassador to Germany.

I think most Pinoy posters know this person. It is impossible that they don't know he is a genuine guy.

When they say he does not exist, they are in fact lying because Tiglao tells the truth. Pinoys want to discredit him.
xyz

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't like it anymore than you being called Flips, Japanese Japs or Indians bumbai, Canadians Canucks.
Pinoy love name calling.

It doesnt matter what they call people but it matters what the others call them.

Thats a typical pinoy mentality.
lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're called Kano..in English American, and you hate being called American???? Why oh Why the mystery of hatred???

Since: Aug 08

Shanghai, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Concerned_ wrote:
Chinese success of manufacturing Meth and sold it to the locals, destroying their lives and the nation as a whole. The Chinese government is jumping with joy every time a shipload of meth get into Philippine shores thinking how many Filipinos will get high on their illegal drugs, and at the same time making money for their commie country. The money made will make its way to the Binondo Central Bank and stashed it to Hong Kong banks just like the gold mined in all parts of the Philippines where Chinese tourists are working as miners. The gold wasn't taxed due to rampant smuggling by Chinese tourists.
Capital punishment should be reinstated in the Philippines for crimes committed by commie Chinese. There should have been thousands of Chinese put to death if there's a capital punishment in Philippines.
Be very suspicious of any Chinese in the Philippines.
Whatever you said ain't gonna work because Chinese have an average IQ of 100 while Philipinos 80, that's why Chinese dominates SE Asian countries economy, its not "be suspicious" can fix buddy
US Holocaust on the World

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were true, the Philippines will be wallowing in the muck long before the nation that props it up.
We don't need American Warmonger Militaristic Neo-imperailism Interventionist plunder and rap and mass murder Philippine livelihood! Go home yo stinking yankees!
US Holocaust on the World

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
That imaginary boat is really your boss' feces. Keep 'driving' it. We will keep laughing at you.
it not a boat, you have a comprehension problem crackas, you get whole load of Poop from the world. laugh the lasts laugh American War mpongering scvmbags! This will irk you Crackas bastards as over 179 nations give the US the big Middle fingers, you still having a clue , stay stupid MTF, it all good for u; you days are coming, you country will fall from grace ! Learn anything from fall of Empires because of Greed and wars, learn anything from Ancient Rome , weimer Republic, Naxi Germany during WW2... You crackas days are numbered. BWHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHA
idiots united

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

dzhou wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you said ain't gonna work because Chinese have an average IQ of 100 while Philipinos 80, that's why Chinese dominates SE Asian countries economy, its not "be suspicious" can fix buddy
Fragile meek people tend to be academically didicated than normal balanced tempered people. High IQ people arer not smart and have low emotional intellegence that's why they resort to reading books all day all night so they end up with thick eye glasses. You're so boring. LOL!
idiots united

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

dzhou wrote:
<quoted text>
I know some people who are egotistical about their academic achievements they first show how intellegent they are that they forget to do perform their task intellegently. I can show billionaires who are college dropouts. You're idiot. LOL!
a3aaa3a

Labuan, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

idiots united wrote:
<quoted text> Fragile meek people tend to be academically didicated than normal balanced tempered people. High IQ people arer not smart and have low emotional intellegence that's why they resort to reading books all day all night so they end up with thick eye glasses. You're so boring. LOL!
you mean nerds? they are the one who create literly everything you stupid filipinox. go play inside your garbage dumpster.
idiots united

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

a3aaa3a wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean nerds? they are the one who create literly everything you stupid filipinox. go play inside your garbage dumpster.
You are just a malaysian so WTF do you know besides raise palm oil eh? Bwahahahhhh!
xyz

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

idiots united wrote:
<quoted text> I know some people who are egotistical about their academic achievements they first show how intellegent they are that they forget to do perform their task intellegently. I can show billionaires who are college dropouts. You're idiot. LOL!
Haha

No wonder you hate me so much just because I have 2 eng degree. It means nothing to me, running my own business and having freedom mean much more to me than those 2 papers.

Go to uni and you will see most of the top students are chinese, indians, whites. These are the people that end up getting a well paying job. Not the school drop out like yourself. Drop out college and you will be flipping burgers all day to make end meet. Unless you have the quality to become a billionaire on your own.

How many people in this world that became wealthy with no education? give that in percentage and you will be talking 0.000000000001% who became a billionaire. You are more likely to win the lotto than be in that elite group.

List the drop out college billionaires, haha of course there are some but those are exceptional.
xyz

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

idiots united wrote:
<quoted text> Fragile meek people tend to be academically didicated than normal balanced tempered people. High IQ people arer not smart and have low emotional intellegence that's why they resort to reading books all day all night so they end up with thick eye glasses. You're so boring. LOL!
List me a country with low IQ people that are doing well economically.

Would that be philippines by any chance?

haha
idiots united

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

xyz wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha
No wonder you hate me so much just because I have 2 eng degree. It means nothing to me, running my own business and having freedom mean much more to me than those 2 papers.
Go to uni and you will see most of the top students are chinese, indians, whites. These are the people that end up getting a well paying job. Not the school drop out like yourself. Drop out college and you will be flipping burgers all day to make end meet. Unless you have the quality to become a billionaire on your own.
How many people in this world that became wealthy with no education? give that in percentage and you will be talking 0.000000000001% who became a billionaire. You are more likely to win the lotto than be in that elite group.
List the drop out college billionaires, haha of course there are some but those are exceptional.
Hey "ABC" hehghehhehh! My very high emotional IQ is more potent than your sci-fi degree and mentality. LOL!~

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,601 - 3,620 of6,094
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••