U.S. Army Veteran Murdered in the Philippines

Feb 18, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

My Father, Mack Carroll Jackson, was murdered inside of his hotel room at The Sampaquita Inn in Davao City, Philippines last weekend.

Comments (Page 14)

Showing posts 261 - 280 of345
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 09

Olongapo City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE wrote:
<quoted text>
anyone who fights for his country is a hero...
dosent make a difference if the war was wrong or the Government that sent them there were idiots...
they did what a soldier was suppose to do follow orders... and risk life for country
Exactly, they follow orders and fight for each other. Nobody complains more about a war than a soldier fighting it. The Hippie protesters realized how wrong they were during Vietnam blaming the soldiers far too late in the war. At least now the most anti war protesters are not against the soldiers but the Government that sends them.

When I spent three weeks at Fort Stewart in 2007 even the wounded wanted to go back because they had the experience not to win the war but to keep the others safe.
Heressssssssssss sss kenny

Muntinlupa, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I think the world would be better balanced without America sticking its nose into everything...
where rebels in the recent Libyan uprising were considered the good guys
but
the same rebels in the more recent Mali uprising are now considered the bad guys...
Correct - America does not back who is right or who is just -America backs those who they think will best advance the good of America .

Muntinlupa, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, they follow orders and fight for each other. Nobody complains more about a war than a soldier fighting it. The Hippie protesters realized how wrong they were during Vietnam blaming the soldiers far too late in the war. At least now the most anti war protesters are not against the soldiers but the Government that sends them.
When I spent three weeks at Fort Stewart in 2007 even the wounded wanted to go back because they had the experience not to win the war but to keep the others safe.
Ok so you also think that the Nazis that killed millions of jews were "just following orders" remember they were just soldiers -soldiers who's job is "to follow orders"

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

How did we go from one veteran getting killed to the nazis ?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

<quoted text>
anyone who fights for his country is a hero...
dosent make a difference if the war was wrong or the Government that sent them there were idiots...
they did what a soldier was suppose to do follow orders... and risk life for country
Common Sense and wisdom...so rare here.........

Since: Apr 09

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

DRDAVIS wrote:
It's kenny. LOL!!!!
Gain

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

DRDAVIS wrote:
it's called analogy - to illustrate a point. The discussion is still about the veteran, whether or not he was an automatic hero just because he toured a war duty. According to kenny, the logic of some posters here would make heroes out of Nazi soldiers.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Heresssssssssssssss kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so you also think that the Nazis that killed millions of jews were "just following orders" remember they were just soldiers -soldiers who's job is "to follow orders"
wars and heroes being a nationalistic thing, then yes....

german citizens would have considered nazis heroes. imo i dont speak for them though.

maybe youd consider them heroes also for killing so many Americans.

Muntinlupa, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

amc wrote:
<quoted text>
wars and heroes being a nationalistic thing, then yes....
german citizens would have considered nazis heroes. imo i dont speak for them though.
maybe youd consider them heroes also for killing so many Americans.
Hmmmmmm dont seem to recall Germany bombing the USA -do you ???-as i recall the Germans started sinking American ships running war supplies to the brits RIGHT ?? Therefore the Friend of my enemy is my enemy .I dont recall the Germans attacking mainland America- i could be wrong as i was not yet a twinkle in my fathers eye - but thats the History i was taught in school, Although Americas take on history is sometimes different from what the rest of the world remembers.
As for Nazis there were a few different types - ones that Murdered innocent jews - and those who fought on the front lines.

Muntinlupa, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Gain wrote:
<quoted text>
it's called analogy - to illustrate a point. The discussion is still about the veteran, whether or not he was an automatic hero just because he toured a war duty. According to kenny, the logic of some posters here would make heroes out of Nazi soldiers.
Correct thank you -many posters here are too lamebrained to figure that out -Glad some have good sence -weather they agree with the point or not could be a different story.

Another would be a deserter - he too must be a hero -if all you need to become a hero is to go to war.
lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Another American murdered in Singapore. The mother asking for Congressional investigation.

The family of an American who turned up dead in Singapore after expressing fear he was being duped by Chinese spies is calling for a congressional investigation into his death in Singapore.

Relatives of Shane Todd, 31, believe the Montana man — who was worried that his employers in Singapore were using him to help China get its hands on sensitive technologies to harm U.S. national security — was murdered to cover up his discovery of the purported plot.

“He told us that his life was being threatened,” Todd’s mother, Mary, told Fox News Channel on Friday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/03
amc

San Juan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

<quoted text>
Correct thank you -many posters here are too lamebrained to figure that out -Glad some have good sence -weather they agree with the point or not could be a different story.
Another would be a deserter - he too must be a hero -if all you need to become a hero is to go to war.
those that disagree with kenny are lamebrains. it was you kenny that sent this thread off on that "not a hero" tangent.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

<quoted text>
Hmmmmmm dont seem to recall Germany bombing the USA -do you ???-as i recall the Germans started sinking American ships running war supplies to the brits RIGHT ?? Therefore the Friend of my enemy is my enemy .I dont recall the Germans attacking mainland America- i could be wrong as i was not yet a twinkle in my fathers eye - but thats the History i was taught in school, Although Americas take on history is sometimes different from what the rest of the world remembers.
As for Nazis there were a few different types - ones that Murdered innocent jews - and those who fought on the front lines.
oh, you hate the brits too? who else do you hate?

do you hate NZrs too? dependents of the "MOTHER LAND"? AUSSIES? FILIPINS? and all the rest?

the friend of my enemy? pretty broad stroke there kenny. leaves your friends as maybe n.koreans. hahahahahaha

Muntinlupa, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

amc wrote:
<quoted text>
those that disagree with kenny are lamebrains. it was you kenny that sent this thread off on that "not a hero" tangent.
Not - it was Dons insistance that "the murdered guy" was a hero just because he was a soldier - BTW where do i say brits Are my personal enemy ?? Have you never heard the saying 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'? the same thing.
And no those that disagree with me are not ALL lamebrains - i didnt say they were - those that do not understand a simple post -they ARE lamebrains- put yourself in which ever camp you think you belong in .BTW EVERY SINGLE THREAD goes off on a different tangent .lol thats how topix works and keeps people coming back to stir more shite.
Did you never notice how a thread that starts as a positive about the philippines ALWAYS goes south with negatives - generally starts with some shite from Don.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Family wants belonging sent back, I'd suggest forget it because any thing worth anything would have been taken. Ashes should be spread in the Philippines. Poplar Bluff, MO is so boring making reason for dude staying in the Philippines.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

under Article 90, during times of war, a military member who willfully disobeys a superior commissioned officer can be sentenced to death.

Seems like pretty good motivation to obey any order you're given, right?

Nope. These articles require the obedience of LAWFUL orders. An order which is unlawful not only does not need to be obeyed, but obeying such an order can result in criminal prosecution of the one who obeys it.

Military courts have long held that military members are accountable for their actions even while following orders -- if the order was illegal.

"I was only following orders," has been unsuccessfully used as a legal defense in hundreds of cases (probably most notably by Nazi leaders at the Nuremberg tribunals following World War II).

The defense didn't work for them, nor has it worked in hundreds of cases since.

The first recorded case of a United States Military officer using the "I was only following orders" defense dates back to 1799. During the War with France, Congress passed a law making it permissible to seize ships bound to any French Port. However, when President John Adams wrote the order to authorize the U.S. Navy to do so, he wrote that Navy ships were authorized to seize any vessel bound for a French port, or traveling from a French port. Pursuant to the President's instructions, a U.S. Navy captain seized a Danish Ship (the Flying Fish), which was en route from a French Port. The owners of the ship sued the Navy captain in U.S. maritime court for trespass. They won, and the United States Supreme Court upheld the decision. The U.S. Supreme Court held that Navy commanders "act at their own peril" when obeying presidential orders when such orders are illegal.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The things u say just to prove a point are sometimes way out there

Muntinlupa, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

DRDAVIS wrote:
<quoted text>The things u say just to prove a point are sometimes way out there
Unfortunately sometimes you have to go wayyyyyyyyyyyy out there to prove a point to someone that cannot unstand a simple concept .
Dons statement was that ALL soldiers are hero's -which is not the case .If you call everyone that serves a hero you cheapen the deeds of those who really deserve the title.
HERO= a person of EXCEPTIONAL BRAVERY- a person admired for their SUPERIOR QUALITIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS.Therefore unless one does an act or acts of EXCEPTIONAL BRAVERY or Shows that he has SUPERIOR QUALITIES he should not be called a hero ! seems logical to me , calling someone a hero that does not deserve the title is disrespectful to those that do.Im sure most American soldiers would love to be referred to as heros -no matter what their misdeeds.

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

heressssssss kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
well said -if you take care of where you go and at what time of the day you go there you will be fine .Of course if you are a big-mouth boastful American blowass you may not be so safe .
I was more than comfortable traveling all throughout the Philippines. Only cowards like you worry about others there.

As for how the American serviceman was a hero, you would not be able to identify due to that yellow streak you possess. Combat veterans know what it takes to step up and be accountable. You never wore the uniform of your country nor defended your brothers against people who sought to kill them.

It is hardly surprising that you are confused and scared.
lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Interesting why there is no update on any newspaper about the murder of this War Veteran American in Davao; whereas the employee found dead hanging in his bathroom working with a Chinese Corporation in Singapore have a long article about the investigation, etc. etc. The parents are claiming that their son did not commit suicide.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 261 - 280 of345
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

76 Users are viewing the Philippines Forum right now

Search the Philippines Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Iglesia ni Cristo is a scam (Mar '12) 3 min deo 3,308
anybody here in manila,girls looking for lesbia... (Jul '13) 3 min panda 8,562
Where Are Bishops, Priests, & Protestant Minist... (Aug '13) 9 min I_am_Belisarius 129
A Real Taste of Filipino Home-Cooking Comes to ... 21 min I_am_Belisarius 12
abortion pills seller abortion pills seller 47 min Trouble 342
Do Filipina women find Black men attractive? (Jun '12) 1 hr jerry fair 152
INC are ARIANS!!! (Sep '13) 1 hr RAPIST MANALO YSAGUN 2
wanted textmate sexmate 2 hr redhorse69 1,394
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••