Jorge Villanueva

Corner Brook, Canada

#146 Sep 25, 2012
Filmalay, when you said " viva Las Islas Filipins," I felt a lump in my throat. Indeed, the Filipino blood in my veins is still strong despite the mixing in of cool Canadian water. Keep up the good comments, Filmalay.
Kangaroo

San Juan, Philippines

#147 Sep 25, 2012
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing wrong with being a toilet cleaner or caregiver its just Filipino Children have no ambition to do better than that
I completely agree with you on this one. Most Piglipinos in this forum are denying this obvious fact. Majority of Piglipino children would rather beg, watch trashy local tv shows, drop out of school and gallivant and will likely become menaces to society.

Philippines has lots of underlying social issues.
Jorge Villanueva

Corner Brook, Canada

#148 Sep 25, 2012
I like to read more of people who have positive outlooks in life. To much negativity leads nowhere and doesn't make life any better. Thank you good people.
topher

Manila, Philippines

#149 Sep 25, 2012
I firmly and stongly agree with you. Even extensive research will show that Filipinos can be found almost everywhere through intermarriages or because of job opportunities.
Jorge Villanueva wrote:
When I mean everywhere, I mean every possible job available on earth. From a lowly maid, 24hr care giver, medical fields, education, etc., the Filipinos speak understandable English and are well educated easily acceptable in any society. The mass movement has been called a Filipino dispora akin to the legendary Jewish exodus. Indeed, the Chinese has a greater number but because of their limited usage of the English language can't be compared to Filipinos as regards direct contact to society. They are mostly in business and if you count the past century, then they were use in building the transcontinental railway. But that's not what I mean by everywhere!
Jorge Villanueva

Goose Bay, Canada

#150 Sep 25, 2012
Thank you Topher, it's great to know people like you understand the contribution that the overseas workers have given to the world. I titled the opening topic as the 'unspoken heroes' but hopefully they will be unspoken no more.

Since: Apr 09

Makati, Philippines

#151 Sep 25, 2012
topher wrote:
I firmly and stongly agree with you. Even extensive research will show that Filipinos can be found almost everywhere through intermarriages or because of job opportunities.
<quoted text>
Claiming pride from inter racial marriages and low paying jobs is so lame. Why you accept this situation is beyond me. Anyone else would fight for equal pay and equal rights but Filipino's don't and to double dumb down on it say they are proud and want recognition for their total lack of self respect.
Lol

San Francisco, CA

#152 Sep 25, 2012
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Claiming pride from inter racial marriages and low paying jobs is so lame. Why you accept this situation is beyond me. Anyone else would fight for equal pay and equal rights but Filipino's don't and to double dumb down on it say they are proud and want recognition for their total lack of self respect.
\

So your Filipino wife is lacking self respect for marrying you..
and indeed you are displaying your double dumb forgetting about yourself. Whose dummy now?
Jorge Villanueva

Trout River, Canada

#153 Sep 29, 2012
The demography in our part of Canada is fast changing. I'm sure the same picture is happening everywhere. About four years back, there will only three Filipino familes left in our area. If a tourist ship happened to stop by, we made it a point to guide some Filipino crewmen to tour the place. This year alone, you can drive from extreme north to the south, east and west and there are young Filipino men and women serving in MacDonalds, Subways, Tim Hortons, hotels and etc. They suddenly sprout like mushrooms everywhere. We don't try to rush to meet tour ships anymore. Just have a snack somewhere and one cannot avoid hearing Tagalog spoken amidst English conversations. One gocery owner told me he can hardly believe that the Filipino guy working in his counter is an engineering graduate. I said there's plenty of that back home. One franchise owner told me too that Filipinos working in his establishment are so respectful. They always say, "sir and maam." I responded by saying that's part of the cultural training.
Lol

San Francisco, CA

#154 Oct 1, 2012
Filipina educator wins int’l literacy award
12:37 am | Sunday, September 30th, 2012
Share on facebook_likeShare Tweet

WASHINGTON—Yvette Tan, a Filipino educator and researcher of the Education Development Center, Inc. was one of the top six awardees during the International Literacy Day held in Washington, D.C. on Sept. 7.

She was actively involved in multi-media technology on education data gathering covering the southern Philippine provinces of Maguindanao, Basilan, Sulu and those in the Zamboanga Peninsula.

Tan’s innovative technique on “The improved collection and use of student reading performance data in the southern Philippines” bested more than 450 submissions from 25 countries.

The study looked into the use of affordable technology such as the cellular phone SMS messaging (texting), which is popular in the Philippines.

After confirming that close to 90 percent of public school teachers in the Philippines were cellphone users, the Education Development Center, Inc. based in Newton, Massachusetts developed the plan for early feedback and data encoding of student reading performances.

The new system allows early analysis of reading programs and appropriate responses by education officials. The project was done in coordination with Education Quality and Access for Learning and Livelihood Skills. Pinoy News "

CONGRATULATION YVETTE TAN...
Jorge Villanueva

Trout River, Canada

#156 Oct 8, 2012
Lol, you are doing a good job. Anybody who doubts what our country men and women around the world will be informed. Keep the good work that's the least we can do to promote it.
Concerned_

Anonymous Proxy

#158 Oct 8, 2012
Remittance of Filipinos worldwide is the biggest prime mover of the Philippine economy. The Philippine government accumulated dollars that could last for nine months to one year. The government should protect all workers abroad for they're truly the unspoken heroes of the world.
Jorge Villanueva

Happy Valley, Canada

#159 Oct 9, 2012
I agree concerned contributor for your suggestion. Something should be done for the Filipinos working abroad. It's like saying send us your money but good luck to you wherever you are. The government and the country should do something about it. They should do what U.S. Military do with their soldier heroes. They form an association of families or friends to keep in touch of their soldiers abroad and the veterans at home. These associations become the missing link to respond to whatever problem the heroes have anywhere.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

#160 Oct 9, 2012
Jorge Villanueva wrote:
This year alone, you can drive from extreme north to the south, east and west and there are young Filipino men and women serving in MacDonald, Subways, Tim Hortons, hotels and etc. They suddenly sprout like mushrooms everywhere. We don't try to rush to meet tour ships anymore.
^ your countrymen and women should want more than working at

"MacDonalds, Subways, Tim Hortons, hotels and etc. They suddenly sprout like mushrooms everywhere"

I know a Canadian born Filipina... whose mother sent her to private School 4 to 8000 a year...

and University... and she becomes a Nurse...
Jorge Villanueva

Corner Brook, Canada

#161 Oct 9, 2012
Resistance..., a work is a work and one should be proud and be the best in what he or she is doing.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

#162 Oct 9, 2012
Jorge Villanueva wrote:
Resistance..., a work is a work and one should be proud and be the best in what he or she is doing.
like I said before nothing wrong with the job you end up with in life...

for my son... I want him to be a Astrophysicist

but ill accept what ever he becomes...

however I will be disappointed if he becomes a Mcdonalds server...
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

#163 Oct 9, 2012
work is work

attitude should be for the parents

or when the child is first starting out in life...

not when he or she is 40 years old asking if you want fries with that meal

you have to give your kids aspirations or goals...

Mcdonalds is for when you failed in life
Jorge Villanueva

Corner Brook, Canada

#164 Oct 9, 2012
Resistance.. I agree with what you say, the problem is you don't know the situations of the Filipinos working here. They are mostly degree holders, but there is no job available in the Philippines. What they are doing is sacrifice s bit, and use their college learning to get a toe hold for any work abroad. One worker who is in a service outlet showed me his accounting credential from a reputable school in the Philippines and told me that once he gets a permanent status he will continue his study abroad for a better job. That is ambition and I am proud of him.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Richmond, Canada

#165 Oct 9, 2012
Jorge Villanueva wrote:
Resistance.. I agree with what you say, the problem is you don't know the situations of the Filipinos working here. They are mostly degree holders, but there is no job available in the Philippines. What they are doing is sacrifice s bit, and use their college learning to get a toe hold for any work abroad. One worker who is in a service outlet showed me his accounting credential from a reputable school in the Philippines and told me that once he gets a permanent status he will continue his study abroad for a better job. That is ambition and I am proud of him.
there are many white collar jobs here in Canada...

as with most immigrants to Canada... their degrees are not recognized...

but your future children will be educated in Canada..

and there aspirations need to be higher than their parents...
Jorge Villanueva

Corner Brook, Canada

#166 Oct 9, 2012
That is precisely what Filipinos are striving for, here in a foreign land. The local workers in Canada are generally satisfied with their situation but the Filipinos are not. Their present job is just a stepping stone to a better future for them and their children. The last Canadian statistics showed the Filipino families have a better economic standing compared to that other immigrants.
Jorge Villanueva

Corner Brook, Canada

#167 Oct 13, 2012
I'm sure these Filipinos will eventually return home to the old country once they achieved financial independence. It'sot difficult to do if you live moderately. For example United States or Canada will provide pension that can be carried over anywhere in the world. When these millions of Filipinos come back their pensions will wdd to the economy of the Philippines.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philippines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippine government employers are lazy, incom... (Apr '11) 5 min Always Right 18
anybody here in manila,girls looking for lesbia... (Jul '13) 6 min kiraRA12 14,687
c y t o t e c (Jun '14) 16 min elena29 296
wanted textmate sexmate (Apr '14) 32 min KIAN 13,137
1-2month,preggy,,,, 45 min ihatewhatidid 132
looking for bi femme, lesbian na hindi pa out 58 min kiraRA12 301
Catholics In Philippines Turn To Church To Cope... (Nov '13) 1 hr pazuzu 64
Wanted girl sexmate (Jun '14) 1 hr Jonathan aka JC 835
why i hate philippines and pinoy people!!!!! (Oct '12) 2 hr AVCM Retired 5,776
More from around the web