Comments
1 - 20 of 55 Comments Last updated Nov 2, 2008
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
WVA

Peoria, IL

#1 Sep 21, 2008
TELL US YOUR FAVORITE PINOY DISH. WHAT ABOUT SOMETHING WEIRD BUT GOOD AND YOU LOVE IT, SOMETHING ETHNIC THAT SOME FILIPINOS DON'T EVEN KNOW , SOMETHING SPECIAL THAT YOU ONLY COOK IT ON SPECIAL OCCASIONS, SOMETHING SWEET, SOMETHING SOUR, SOMETHING PUNGENT,SOMETHING THAT SMELLS BUT STILL VERY DELICIOUSO? GIVE US YOUR RECIPE TOO.
WVA

Peoria, IL

#2 Sep 21, 2008
WVA wrote:
TELL US YOUR FAVORITE PINOY DISH. WHAT ABOUT SOMETHING WEIRD BUT GOOD AND YOU LOVE IT, SOMETHING ETHNIC THAT SOME FILIPINOS DON'T EVEN KNOW , SOMETHING SPECIAL THAT YOU ONLY COOK IT ON SPECIAL OCCASIONS, SOMETHING SWEET, SOMETHING SOUR, SOMETHING PUNGENT,SOMETHING THAT SMELLS BUT STILL VERY DELICIOUSO? GIVE US YOUR RECIPE TOO.
WHEN I WAS ABOUT 10 YEARS OLD I SPENT MY VACATION WITH MY GRANDPARENTS IN BAGABAG NUEVA VISCAYA AND BOY I'VE TASTED THE WEIRDEST LOCAL DELICACY. ROASTED BEETLES(ABAL ABAL),TODDPOLE (BAYIK),SOFT SHELL SNAILS (BIRABID),ANT LARVAE,AND CRAWLING INSECTS CALLED ARARAWAN. THOSE WERE GOOD AT THAT TIME BUT I HAVE NOT TRIED IT FOR AGES...
messala Malolos City

Makati, Philippines

#3 Sep 21, 2008
My all time favorite is pinakbet. I love fried May beetles (salagubang) and field frogs. For ethnicity, I like our very own 'saluyot'. For something special, I should say "asuzena" but those dog lovers would immediately react. But "kilawen" and "kaldereta" (both goat recipes) are the most common menu for special occasions. The best sweet concoction is the halo-halo topped with ice cream. Sour... I have a sweet tooth. I don't go much for sour recipes. Probably, other Asian countries like pungent recipes but such is not common here. What smells but is delicioso? Bagoong isda!!!
mel

Switzerland

#4 Sep 21, 2008
i love omelet, from banga meycawayan.a very special omelet ,its mix of minced pork and beef.with assorted vegetables, pork or chicken lever,pasas and of course eggs. the taste is really masarap...sometimes i do it here in spain as tapas. spanish and swiss like france people they love it2).my father called it bistec. beef marinated with soja,kalamansi onions,black pepper,and a bit of garlic. super sarap din.nothing but the last pinaksiw na isda na may gata.and desert i love minatamis na kamoting kahoy.
messala Malolos City

Makati, Philippines

#5 Sep 21, 2008
Nice place, Bagabag. I stayed in Bayombong for quite some time. We did business there up to Banaue and Bontoc. Vizcaya is where I tasted my first fruit bat and monkey. You're right, "abal-abal" is delicious especially dipped in vinegar with garlic. Its my favorite breakfast fare with "kinirog".
marcell

Hayward, CA

#6 Sep 21, 2008
don't forget dog meat, its natural..!!!
messala Malolos City

Makati, Philippines

#7 Sep 21, 2008
No, Marcell. Dog meat is special food for us. We prepare it only as finger food when we are drinking our favorite red wine or beer, which we do everyday. We are talking about gourmet food in this thread so keep your nosedung out of it. OK?
WVA

Peoria, IL

#9 Sep 21, 2008
Maniac wrote:
Flips can't really cook. The only thing they can prepare for is their doom.
MANIAC AND MARCELL...LIFE IS LIKE A BOOMERANG IT ALWAYS GET BACK ON YOU...DO UNTO OTHERS WHAT YOU WANT OTHERS DO TO YOU..IF YOUR PARENTS ARE FILIPINOS SHAME ON THEM FOR RAISING YOU THAT WAY OR PROBABLY IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT.. THEY MUST HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO TEACH YOU ALL THE MORALS BUT YOUR ENVIRONMENT AND SCHOOLING AND PEERS MUST HAVE PLAYED A GREAT PART IN YOUR PSYCHOLOGICAL AND PATHOLOGICAL APATHY FOR EVERYTHING FILIPINO. WE WILL ALL BE PRAYING FOR YOU AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU.
WVA

Peoria, IL

#11 Sep 21, 2008
messala Malolos City wrote:
Nice place, Bagabag. I stayed in Bayombong for quite some time. We did business there up to Banaue and Bontoc. Vizcaya is where I tasted my first fruit bat and monkey. You're right, "abal-abal" is delicious especially dipped in vinegar with garlic. Its my favorite breakfast fare with "kinirog".
HAVE YOU TRIED BINIBUDAN (RICE WINE),BALOW BALAW AND BURO (FERMENTED RICE WITH FISH OR SHRIMP) ALL KINDS OF SNAILS EXCEPT THE BIG ONES THAT CRAWLS IN THE GARDENS (japanese snails),GOAT PINAPAITAN,.?
messala Malolos City

Makati, Philippines

#12 Sep 21, 2008
You bet! I have also joined a local community in the Cordilleras during their 'Canao'. Need I say more?
WVA

Peoria, IL

#13 Sep 21, 2008
Maniac wrote:
<quoted text>
Im glad you believe in God because you are about to meet him.
I HAVE MET HIM A LONG TIME AGO AND HE IS IN MY HEART AND I TALK TO HIM EVERY NIGHT. TRY IT AND YOU WILL FEEL THE PEACE AND CONTENTMENT THAT PROBABLY YOU HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED IN YOUR LIFE. BY THE WAY.. TRY SOME FILIPINO DELICACIES IN YOUR FILIPINO STORE IN YOUR AREA,..SHALOM
messala Malolos City

Makati, Philippines

#15 Sep 21, 2008
Hey, Maniac, your appointment is still on my chair. I'm sitting on it, literally. So don't claim any title I haven't given you.
capainobvious

Baltimore, MD

#16 Sep 21, 2008
Maniac wrote:
<quoted text>
I am God!
nthat does it moron. any sympathy i may have had for is all gone. you are just a real wackoo and thats no joke.
bobby

Jakarta, Indonesia

#17 Sep 21, 2008
i will make a good comment here,because i like to eat good and healthy foods.i like Lumpiah. i had it a couple times here.i don't know if they were cooked with original recipe or not. vegetables and chicken bits on it.real good
WVA

Peoria, IL

#18 Sep 21, 2008
Maniac wrote:
<quoted text>
I am God!
IF YOU SPELL IT BACKWARDS, I'LL BELIEVE YOU '''''
WVA

Peoria, IL

#19 Sep 21, 2008
bobby wrote:
i will make a good comment here,because i like to eat good and healthy foods.i like Lumpiah. i had it a couple times here.i don't know if they were cooked with original recipe or not. vegetables and chicken bits on it.real good
THAT WAS PORK.. YOU MUSLIM...
bobby

Jakarta, Indonesia

#22 Sep 21, 2008
WVA wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT WAS PORK.. YOU MUSLIM...
i am a foreigner,i am white,i am gnostic,i have no religion,i eat good quality pork meat,you ignorant.
wva

Peoria, IL

#25 Sep 22, 2008
Maniac wrote:
<quoted text>
What? God is a Moron?
NOW MANIAC, WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FILIPINO FOOD BESIDES BANANA?
Real Sailor

Gurnee, IL

#26 Sep 22, 2008
bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
i am a foreigner,i am white,i am gnostic,i have no religion,i eat good quality pork meat,you ignorant.
heheheheh!!!!! after you rape it you eat it. hehehehe!!!
RDT

Nottingham, MD

#27 Sep 22, 2008
Sinigang. Love the sour taste with lots and lots of kanin. Bibingka. Loved the one that is more like cake with the salted egg.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philippines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines Seeks Experts' Help To Restore Chur... (Oct '13) 8 min ELIAS IBARRA 104
wanted textmate sexmate 16 min elvie 3,532
why i hate philippines and pinoy people!!!!! (Oct '12) 53 min Richard the Canadian 3,103
Iglesia ni Cristo is a scam (Mar '12) 2 hr deo 5,463
Any bi fem or secretly bisexual? Looking for so... 3 hr John 376
Dr. Fredli's Group of Philippine Abortion Doctors (Feb '14) 3 hr shantaL 598
The Levites Priest from 10 Tribes of Israel in ... (Dec '10) 4 hr husayn 51
anybody here in manila,girls looking for lesbia... (Jul '13) 6 hr lovesexcantdenyit 10,210
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Philippines People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••