Most crew leaves US Navy ship stuck on coral reef in Philippines

Jan 18, 2013 Full story: Lethbridge Herald 232

This Jan. 17, 2013 photo released by the Armed Forces of the Philippines Western Command shows the USS Guardian, a US Navy minesweeper, after running aground off Tubbataha Reef, a World Heritage Site in the Sulu Sea, 640 kilometers southwest of Manila, Philippines.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#24 Jan 31, 2013
The Philippine Coast Guard cited over 1,400 incidents involving Filipino water craft running aground or severely damaging protected reefs over the past decade.

The United States provided over $507 million to the Philippines from 2001-2010. this year, American taxpayers will send over $60 million.

Shut up. Fix your reef. Mark it better.
lol

San Francisco, CA

#25 Jan 31, 2013
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot GPS is satellites in space not on the ground. JESUS don't you look up anything before you open your mouth?????
How come when GB said the modern GPS failed, you did not call Jesus Christ?? Hope Jesus will wash your idiot mouth with lysol so good words will come out especially kind words to beggars, never mind about the failed GPS. How it works, I don't need to understand.

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllll
lol

San Francisco, CA

#26 Jan 31, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
The Philippine Coast Guard cited over 1,400 incidents involving Filipino water craft running aground or severely damaging protected reefs over the past decade.
The United States provided over $507 million to the Philippines from 2001-2010. this year, American taxpayers will send over $60 million.
Are you sure it's cash not in kind???
Jaimie

Madison, WI

#27 Jan 31, 2013
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahaha wow and you are actually free and walking the streets amongst normal people?
congratulations on your deception.
Anyone can go to a local doctor to confirm there is 250 brain chambers. And speeds of variation contingent on water source poplutants, what you eat, vitamins(and remember a vitamin is a DAILY suppliment... Meaning you dont eat that day) Reality changes, even a pot head understands that... CHILD!

As for a coral it is a mammal and it has teeth and is carnivourous. So is the damn planet idiot. So is a tree.

What distorts your intellect? Or do you just feel compelled to play head games? I'm a brain injury idiot, and illegal to lie, joke or play headgames with a Traumatic Brain Injury or distort facts or truth. Your a idiot. Or flop houser just gracious anyone talked to you at all.

As for China or others that may fire on US NAVY? Are you high? Asia and USA have sights less then 25 feet of each other, in those waters.

1 time USA and Japan were escavading a sight in the sea, and USA found a hoard and held up a golden plate to Japanese navy, on camera and laughed, Japan exumed the preserved relic of Magnomymous, the biggest prejurrasic beast ever found, less then a couple feet from US waters. Who was laughing then? Magnonymous had like a crock head and whale and other species incorporated, its digestive track accesses each molecule and sorts in like filters in the lining, to location and species, it lays in giant coves and meditates to view locations of other species and mannerisms and simulates their feel so they have no recollection it is near in location. It lurches out the water over 100 feet and its mouth can take the whole middrift of a t-rex and bite it damn near in half. They ate the marrow to get the same digestive sort and remote vewing capabilites in life as human in US Asian Navy.

As for US paying other nation US civilans tax dollars, Illegal, I never heard nothign so stupid to pay another nation taxes or to sponser other nation you'd be executed or in prison for crimes agaisnt USA Traitor. I'm not a idiot.

Someone is doing publicity hate crimes again.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#28 Jan 31, 2013
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
mine was speaking french when i got it. sexy voice.
Wonder if voice is like the Pinoy lookin' guy that hoxed the football player.

Location hidden

#29 Jan 31, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
How come when GB said the modern GPS failed, you did not call Jesus Christ?? Hope Jesus will wash your idiot mouth with lysol so good words will come out especially kind words to beggars, never mind about the failed GPS. How it works, I don't need to understand.
lollllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllll
Of course don't need to understand, just blink u'r eyes nod head, and pretend you do.
lol

San Francisco, CA

#30 Jan 31, 2013
Wang Dang wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course don't need to understand, just blink u'r eyes nod head, and pretend you do.
Good one. Unfortunately, Don does not see me nodding and blinking..lollllllllllllllllll lllllllll

#31 Jan 31, 2013
lol seems confused by the fact that the United States allows the Philippines to exist. The money we give to prop it up comes with a price tag. We are not a philanthropic entity.

Fix your reef and map your region more carefully.
lol

San Francisco, CA

#32 Feb 2, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
lol seems confused by the fact that the United States allows the Philippines to exist. The money we give to prop it up comes with a price tag. We are not a philanthropic entity.
Fix your reef and map your region more carefully.
Lol, another dumb and dumber idea of philanthropic entity that the Philippines can only exist because of the price tag from USA.

And now, if somebody rams the reefs, blame it to the Philippines for having reefs in that area ...mama mia....

What a crazy dumb idea ...lollllllllllllllllllll

Location hidden

#33 Feb 2, 2013
What a crazy dumb idea ...lollllllllllllllllllll To put warning boueys out there because someone would steal them. Can't have anything like developed countries have.
Best view

Bedford, UK

#34 Feb 2, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
Never mind soon your ships wont be able to sail there when the Chinese fully take over The Philippines. Let the Chinese have the cost of trying to drag them into the 21st Century.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#35 Feb 2, 2013
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Captain is in deep doodoo.
Actually, the commanding officer is a Lieutenant Commander, 2 ranks below captain. I believe this is his first (and probably last) command.

Whether the maps were wrong or whatever the reason for the ship grounding on the reef, the commanding officer is solely responsible for the safety of his ship.(Too bad they didn't have any equipment onboard that would tell them what was under the surface of the water near the ship <s>).

This is probably the end of his naval career.

Am I wrong ?

Location hidden

#36 Feb 2, 2013
Maybe the highest ranking latrine queen now.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#37 Feb 2, 2013
Saw a segment on the BBC about this situation....haven't seen anything on US media yet....
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#38 Feb 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Saw a segment on the BBC about this situation....haven't seen anything on US media yet....
i was going to ask that question.

apparently even the tree huggers dont give a rats ass about the filipins, because even they are aware of how flips treat their own country.

this will all be settled when the check clears the bank.

#39 Feb 4, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, another dumb and dumber idea of philanthropic entity that the Philippines can only exist because of the price tag from USA.
And now, if somebody rams the reefs, blame it to the Philippines for having reefs in that area ...mama mia....
What a crazy dumb idea ...lollllllllllllllllllll
You have my pity.

I realize that OFWs have limited opportunity to improve themselves through proper education, but you are quickly becoming the poster child for failure.

The Philippines would not exist as it does without assistance and protection from the United States. Malacanang knows what you don't.

Philippine reefs are regularly run aground...by Pinoys! It is funny that the cries of indignity go out when a foreign vessel does the same thing locals do dozens of times each month.

Fix your maps, fix your reefs and get a life.

#40 Feb 4, 2013
Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the commanding officer is a Lieutenant Commander, 2 ranks below captain. I believe this is his first (and probably last) command.
Whether the maps were wrong or whatever the reason for the ship grounding on the reef, the commanding officer is solely responsible for the safety of his ship.(Too bad they didn't have any equipment onboard that would tell them what was under the surface of the water near the ship <s>).
This is probably the end of his naval career.
Am I wrong ?
Yes. Multiple times.

#41 Feb 4, 2013
Best view wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind soon your ships wont be able to sail there when the Chinese fully take over The Philippines. Let the Chinese have the cost of trying to drag them into the 21st Century.
I am not very concerned with the Chinese navy.

How is the air quality in Beijing?

Location hidden

#42 Feb 4, 2013
There sending that smog to Japan and Hawaii now. Acid rain developing in California because of it. It's a plot use chemical warfare and pretending to be just stupid.
AkongaunAnobaun

Philippines

#43 Feb 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
US navy is trying to save face, that's why GAY BLOWN FOREVER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philippines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Beautiful and Grandiose Chapels of Iglesia ... (Apr '13) 11 min jodlas 1,621
Iglesia ni Cristo is a scam (Mar '12) 15 min jodlas 8,769
c y t o t e c (Jun '14) 43 min arianne 288
"For Sale": Empty Chapels Of The "Mother Harlot... 58 min INC - Iglesia ni ... 69
wanted textmate sexmate (Apr '14) 1 hr kael_invoke 12,406
why i hate philippines and pinoy people!!!!! (Oct '12) 1 hr AVCM Retired 5,555
Trolling First sergeant Mike Farrell 1 hr Friend of Mike 1
anybody here in manila,girls looking for lesbia... (Jul '13) 4 hr romanticgirl 14,321
Wanted girl sexmate (Jun '14) 5 hr Ewol 586