CIA Drones Killed Over 2,000, Mostly Civilians in Pakistan Since 2006

Jan 31, 2011 | Posted by: Abu Najda | Full story: news.antiwar.com

A new report from the Conflict Monitoring Centre has reported that 2,043 Pakistanis have been slain in CIA drone strikes in the past 5 years, with the vast majority of them innocent civilians.

Comments (Page 8)

Showing posts 141 - 160 of990
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Wnt My Mny Bck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159
Aug 6, 2012
 
Mr. Sean Penn where are you at? Remember your crusade for peace and lessening the killing of the innocent. Oh wait, its okay its a Democrat doing the killing.

“Liberals hate free speech!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#160
Aug 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

FINELINE wrote:
<quoted text>
Not referring to suicide bomber. I am and this topic is referring to the over 2,000 mostly civilians killed in Pakistan.
I suggest you loosen that turban you are wearing and understand what this topic is all about.
Those "CIVILIANS" were killed during an attack to kill terrorists! I fail to see the innocents!

“Athiest”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161
Aug 7, 2012
 
Timesten wrote:
In Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia an estimated total of between 451 and 1,035 civilians were killed in at least 373 strikes.....
There was another suicide bombing in Yemen the other day and 45 innocents were killed.

In Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia an estimated total of 4,000 civilians were killed by Al-Queda/Taliba over the last few years.

So Al-Queda/Taliban are still winning.
.

.

“Google Operation Northwoods”

Since: Aug 10

** 9-11 was an inside job **

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Abu Najda wrote:
From the article:
"The report notes that the attacks target Pakistan’s Federally Administered Tribal Areas where “people usually carry guns and ammunition as a tradition. US drones will identify anyone carrying a gun as a militant and subsequently he will be killed.” Pakistan’s government, which has only a nominal presence in the region, traditionally brands anyone killed by the US a “suspect.”"
You see the thing is - each one of these drones represents millions of dollars of US tax payers money. Don't you have better things to do than spend on this killing of innocents?
Targetting people with guns - like the ones who fired shots into the air at my brothers wedding? Imagine if they were flying over parts of the US - they would kill a lot of people.
Great post Abu... When the money is gone so goes the drones also

“truth always wins”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164
Jan 26, 2013
 
any latest news on drone strike
mICHEAL

Karachi, Pakistan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#165
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

This lame parliament with duck brains will soon be out of power ...
Khan

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Abu Najda wrote:
From the article:
"The report notes that the attacks target Pakistan’s Federally Administered Tribal Areas where “people usually carry guns and ammunition as a tradition. US drones will identify anyone carrying a gun as a militant and subsequently he will be killed.” Pakistan’s government, which has only a nominal presence in the region, traditionally brands anyone killed by the US a “suspect.”"
You see the thing is - each one of these drones represents millions of dollars of US tax payers money. Don't you have better things to do than spend on this killing of innocents?
Targetting people with guns - like the ones who fired shots into the air at my brothers wedding? Imagine if they were flying over parts of the US - they would kill a lot of people.
Drone bombings are a blatant violation of UN Charter. Drone bombings are a clear indication of American defeat and frustration in Afghanistan.

America must stop torturing the Muslim world and promoting Israeli terrorism against the unarmed Palestinian civilians.

How can America call itself a Champion of Democracy and Human Rights.

Please watch this UTUBE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#167
Jan 27, 2013
 
Khan wrote:
<quoted text>
Drone bombings are a blatant violation of UN Charter.
What does the charter say, exactly?
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#168
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I love drones.
Khan

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Faith wrote:
I love drones.
If you love Drones drop them on your family, parents, brothers, sisters and children, and tell me how it feels?

War Monger and Sex Meniac America is in Afghanistan for the last 11 years, and still unable to meet their sinister objective.
The United States is looking out for its own interests. But many of the world’s Muslims perceive its policies as increasingly, a leading factor in stifling their progress and denying them genuine political reform. There is no doubt that the American invasion of Iraq has reinforced this perception. The false pretext of weapons of mass destruction used to justify this military endeavor added to the already existing fury in many parts of the Muslim world, where people saw the resulting intervention as a campaign having the broad aim of weakening Muslims.
Yankees go Home !
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Khan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you love Drones drop them on your family, parents, brothers, sisters and children, and tell me how it feels?
War Monger and Sex Meniac America is in Afghanistan for the last 11 years, and still unable to meet their sinister objective.
The United States is looking out for its own interests. But many of the world’s Muslims perceive its policies as increasingly, a leading factor in stifling their progress and denying them genuine political reform. There is no doubt that the American invasion of Iraq has reinforced this perception. The false pretext of weapons of mass destruction used to justify this military endeavor added to the already existing fury in many parts of the Muslim world, where people saw the resulting intervention as a campaign having the broad aim of weakening Muslims.
Yankees go Home !
First, I am American. We don't get droned....We do the droning. Second, we don't give a rat's azz about what muslims think of our foreign policy.

And, our objectives in Afghanistan have been met, sullah. America gave the taliban an ultimatum.....Turn over Bin Laden and his associates, or American soldiers will invade and destroy them and their camps. Bin Laden is dead, Al-Quaeda in Afghanistan has been all but exterminated, the taliban government was toppled, Afghanistan's infrastructure was annihilated and 600k or so terrorist sympathizers were liquidated.
I know....I have been watching it unfold on a giant flat-screen television from the comfort of my luxurious American homestead.

Enjoy the drones.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#171
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Khan wrote:
<quoted text>

Yankees go Home !
PS: I am home. Get the fck out of Kansas.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#172
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Khan wrote:
<quoted text>
Drone bombings are a blatant violation of UN Charter.
The UN? Are you that dense? Fck the UN. America doesn't take direction from that gang of pansies. We do what we want. The UN id irrelevant.
Khan

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#173
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

more truth wrote:
Firing guns in the air is a damfool thing to do.
Today we have a war being fought by arrogance battling with ignorance in order to eliminate terrorism. But how can terrorism be eliminated as long as ignorance predominates?

The US uses in its fight the knowledge and the means it possesses, and its arrogance; Osama and his like retaliate with the means they can muster up. If the causes of terrorism are to be eliminated, or even rectified, it is education that can help - but education of the profound type as opposed to mere literacy - which brings with it understanding and tolerance and empathy.

I condemn all forms of terrorism whether it comes from OBL or the Anglo-American or the Zionist or the Hinduveta terrorism.
Every coin and every picture has two sides to it. We must look at both sides before drawing final conclusions.
If I did not love America, I would not be living here.
I love America, not its government of Bush, Cheney and Rumsfield. They are racists, like the trigger happy cowboys from the Wild West, Christian fanatics, and have brought a very bad name to this great nation. They should be impeached or sent to the Hague.
I am loyal to the Constitution, not to the politicians.
I love the traditional American way of life, not the 1984 version we're living today.
And I don't sometime understand why it is so great to live in a country that's constantly at war with someone somewhere in the world.

Please try to understand that Patriotism includes a loyal opposition of America's stupid Foreign and domestic policies from Middle East to the whole world and inside America as well.
It is amazing how this administration has kept the media so busy after 911, the Public had no time to loose interest. The surge of meaningless paranoia is all the Bush Administration accomplished for his re-election, and he failed to look after the so many millions of Americans who lost their jobs and their families and houses.
But what really surprised me is that people have not recognized most of this patriotic fervour for being as shallow as it is. People wave flags and only watch news when innocent Iraqi women, men and children are slaughtered with cluster bombs but the Americans are simply not included as a part of any Peace-making initiative. What does a flag mean when it seems so few of its wavers ever manage to crawl out of the majority and into a voting booth?????
Ralph Waldo Emerson said:" When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain (obliged) to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart. I have generally found the gravest and most useful citizens are not the easiest provoked to swell the noise, though they may be punctual at the polls"
With an American flag tucked to everything from cigarrette lighters to SUV windows, very few people seem to really know or care what Patriotism is really about.
There is a duty as an American to have a loyal, strong and sensible opposition - the people who question the government's decisions and actions but are still loyal to this country.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#174
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Khan wrote:
<quoted text>
Today we have a war being fought by arrogance battling with ignorance in order to eliminate terrorism. But how can terrorism be eliminated as long as ignorance predominates?
The US uses in its fight the knowledge and the means it possesses, and its arrogance; Osama and his like retaliate with the means they can muster up. If the causes of terrorism are to be eliminated, or even rectified, it is education that can help - but education of the profound type as opposed to mere literacy - which brings with it understanding and tolerance and empathy.
I condemn all forms of terrorism whether it comes from OBL or the Anglo-American or the Zionist or the Hinduveta terrorism.
Every coin and every picture has two sides to it. We must look at both sides before drawing final conclusions.
If I did not love America, I would not be living here.
I love America, not its government of Bush, Cheney and Rumsfield. They are racists, like the trigger happy cowboys from the Wild West, Christian fanatics, and have brought a very bad name to this great nation. They should be impeached or sent to the Hague.
I am loyal to the Constitution, not to the politicians.
I love the traditional American way of life, not the 1984 version we're living today.
And I don't sometime understand why it is so great to live in a country that's constantly at war with someone somewhere in the world.
Please try to understand that Patriotism includes a loyal opposition of America's stupid Foreign and domestic policies from Middle East to the whole world and inside America as well.
It is amazing how this administration has kept the media so busy after 911, the Public had no time to loose interest. The surge of meaningless paranoia is all the Bush Administration accomplished for his re-election, and he failed to look after the so many millions of Americans who lost their jobs and their families and houses.
But what really surprised me is that people have not recognized most of this patriotic fervour for being as shallow as it is. People wave flags and only watch news when innocent Iraqi women, men and children are slaughtered with cluster bombs but the Americans are simply not included as a part of any Peace-making initiative. What does a flag mean when it seems so few of its wavers ever manage to crawl out of the majority and into a voting booth?????
Ralph Waldo Emerson said:" When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain (obliged) to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart. I have generally found the gravest and most useful citizens are not the easiest provoked to swell the noise, though they may be punctual at the polls"
With an American flag tucked to everything from cigarrette lighters to SUV windows, very few people seem to really know or care what Patriotism is really about.
There is a duty as an American to have a loyal, strong and sensible opposition - the people who question the government's decisions and actions but are still loyal to this country.
To critique:

Verbose, wordy and full of sh*t.

D -

Try again, wog.
Khan

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#175
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Faith wrote:
<quoted text>To critique:
Verbose, wordy and full of sh*t.
D -
Try again, wog.
If my posts are irritating your asshole, please use some special ointment and cool down.
After reading your stupid posts, I realize how sick-minded Americans like you are converting this country into a Fascist state.
Wake Up and Smell the Fascism < http://www.oldamericancentury.org/14pts.htm&g... ;. In it, the author lists fourteen identifying signs that we are living under a fascist regime. It's a long article with lots of embedded links, but here are the basic points:
1) Powerful and Continuing Nationalism
2) Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights
3) Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause
4) Supremacy of the Military
5) Rampant Sexism
6) Controlled Mass Media
7) Obsession with National Security
8) Religion and Government are Intertwined
9) Corporate Power is Protected
10) Labor Power is Suppressed
11) Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts
12) Obsession with Crime and Punishment
13) Rampant Cronyism and Corruption
14) Fraudulent Elections
The Anglo-American dual power now has the best fascism money can buy, and it's being perfected way beyond any previously fashioned authoritarianism. Having been raped and plundered by corporate Nazis, the U.S. no longer resides as a recognizable constitutional democracy.
In view of the foregoing, dare I say have a nice weekend?
PS: Harper's Magazine Article: We Now Live in a Fascist State < http://www.organicconsumers.org/Politics/harp... ;
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#176
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Khan wrote:
<quoted text>
If my posts are irritating your asshole, please use some special ointment and cool down.
After reading your stupid posts, I realize how sick-minded Americans like you are converting this country into a Fascist state.
Wake Up and Smell the Fascism
Naahhh! If we were truly living in a fascist state, sullahs like you would not be allowed into America.....and the one's already here would be rounded up and thrown into Manzanar.
Bombardier

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Never throw stones at people with drones.
Khan

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#178
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

CecilRhodes wrote:
The USA should do the world a favor and nuke Pakistan. They are a nation of dirty beggars.
What a neurotic Hindu hatemonger.
Go to Hell !
Khan

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#179
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the charter say, exactly?
The Charter says:
Drone Bombings are a Violation of UN Charter.
http://thepakistaninationalist.blogspot.com/2...
Since June 2004, the United States has carried out 337 drone attacks in Pakistan, which have resulted in the deaths of approximately 3,337 people and injuries to approximately 1,500. According to a recent study jointly carried out by Stanford University and New York University titled "Living Under Drones", only 2% of the victims of US drone attacks are high-ranking militants and only 1 in 50 (or 0.5%) of those killed are alleged terrorists. This means that the overwhelming majority of those killed by US drones in Pakistan are innocent civilians.
US drone attacks in Pakistan are a violation of:
(i) the basic human right to life;
(ii) the principle of due process of law;
(iii) Pakistan's state sovereignty
(iv) international law; and
(v) the municipal or state laws of Pakistan and the United States.
Below is a list of the national and international laws that are breached each time the US kills people through drone strikes in Pakistan:

1. Charter of the United Nations, 1945

Article 33 of the United Nations Charter states: "The parties to any dispute, the continuance of which is likely to endanger the maintenance of international peace and security, shall, first of all, seek a solution by negotiation, enquiry, mediation, conciliation, arbitration, judicial settlement, resort to regional agencies or arrangements, or other peaceful means of their own choice."

US drone strikes are, therefore, in blatant violation of Article 33 of the UN Charter as the US is ignoring the mandatory mechanisms prescribed by the UN for the pacific settlement of disputes.

The right of self-defence conferred by Article 51 of the United Nations Charter is a narrow exception to the Charter’s general prohibition of the use of force to settle international disputes. Furthermore, under the 19th century formulation of customary international law known as the Caroline test, countries may engage in individual or collective pre-emptive self-defense when the necessity for preemptive self–defence is "instant, overwhelming, and leaving no choice of means, and no moment for deliberation" (i.e. instant and ovewhelming necessity). The use of drones by the US to kill people in remote mountainous areas of Pakistan over 12,000 km from the US mainland fails to meet the criteria laid down by this test.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141 - 160 of990
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

94 Users are viewing the Pakistan Forum right now

Search the Pakistan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Kis kis ne apni behan ko choda ha yaha btao or ... (Sep '13) 15 min chodu 31
Lahore Gay Boy Contact # (Jun '13) 52 min rehan 2,975
mujhe lund chusna hai koi meri gand maro (Oct '11) 57 min i am top 2,031
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 3 hr HAJI KAJI 49,032
ISRAEL vs PAKISTAN.Israel will defeat it easily! (Apr '11) 7 hr Mirpuri Pahari 759
Why people of world hate pakistanis?? (Jul '11) 9 hr Pakistani 566
Bottom guy needed in karachi (Jul '12) 10 hr mamoon 2,473
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••