WONDERING

Brunswick, GA

#61 Sep 2, 2009
Thanks for the apology. That was big of you, but I still don't understand why family would call family greedy, mulisious, and back stabbing, if you are looking out for each other. I think (just my advice) that if the administrator of the estate is looking out for the best intrest of the heirs, then they should be informed of, at least what is public record. Don't you agree? That is not too much to ask, is it? If he were to be honest about what is public, then I (personal opinion) think it would keep down a lot of talk among the heirs and others. People are just desperate to hear something positive these days. there is so much bad news going on in the world today. It would give people hope instead of gloom and doom, such as is on the news everyday. Some good word is really all people are looking for. when it is mixed by name calling, when your trying to bring positive news (especially when the name calling is on the first page of your letter) you always look for the worst. I think a little more thought could go into these letters. I (personal opinion, again) think there should not be as much critizism but more concern for peoples feelings (especially family) in these letters. Most of these people are like everyone else, at rock bottom with economic problems in the world today. Maybe the administrator could have a little more compassion on the folk. Thanks again for your apoligy. Maybe you could pass on to the administrator the same avenue of thought.
Globetrekker

Denver, CO

#62 Sep 2, 2009
I will do as you suggest… Please remember; the Administrator has told how and where to find court docs. One suggestion was in the last letter. In my opinion, those who want to see for themselves should take on that responsibility and let the Administrator keep moving forward. He doesn’t have time to answer everyone’s questions, especially hateful emails. Please also remember, the Administrator’s buttons get pushed as well. Perhaps I can shed some light on ONE of the problems he is facing: When the “heir list” was in the process of being finalized, several were proven to NOT be heirs. That caused trouble for the Administrator, even though it’s not his fault. An heir is an heir, family is family. Several of those NON-heir/family members have tried and continue to try derailing EVERYTHING. The pressure on him is immense! When I read letters like the last one (speaking of the 1st page), I try to understand his stress and thank other family members for not being a part of that stress. I guess I choose to cut him some slack due to his frustration(s). ALSO; families fight all the time. Ours is no exception and NOTHING like a lot of other families.
WONDERING

Brunswick, GA

#63 Sep 2, 2009
Globetrekker wrote:
I will do as you suggest… Please remember; the Administrator has told how and where to find court docs. One suggestion was in the last letter. In my opinion, those who want to see for themselves should take on that responsibility and let the Administrator keep moving forward. He doesn’t have time to answer everyone’s questions, especially hateful emails. Please also remember, the Administrator’s buttons get pushed as well. Perhaps I can shed some light on ONE of the problems he is facing: When the “heir list” was in the process of being finalized, several were proven to NOT be heirs. That caused trouble for the Administrator, even though it’s not his fault. An heir is an heir, family is family. Several of those NON-heir/family members have tried and continue to try derailing EVERYTHING. The pressure on him is immense! When I read letters like the last one (speaking of the 1st page), I try to understand his stress and thank other family members for not being a part of that stress. I guess I choose to cut him some slack due to his frustration(s). ALSO; families fight all the time. Ours is no exception and NOTHING like a lot of other families.
Globetrekker, I can appreciate what you said, but do you think it is fair to critize all the heirs and/or certificate doners for the ones that are giving trouble? It is like being found guilty for a crime you did not commit. It is a very sick feeling to be acused of something you are surprised at hearing. If the administrator (WH) would just show compassion in his statements to the receipients of these letters, it would go down a lot easier. You know even when a preacher, politician, teacher, spokes person,etc addresses more than one person at a time, they do say some things that sound harsh to some and apoligize to the rest for what they are saying to the bulk of the crowd. That is what I was saying about this down trodden world we are living in at this time. All "everyone" is hungry for (whether they reallize it or not) is a kind word or a compliment. Just a bit of "good" news. I know there are certain things that need to be said, but there is a tackful way to go about it, especially for a professional, and I do favor WH as a professional. He has proven that in times past. I am involved in this in some way,(the lawsuit) but I have never been the kind of person that he talks about. I just did what I was asked and when you are one of the ones that waits for some kind of a piece of good news, well, that kind of blows you out of the water, if you know what I mean. Yes, I do admit, he has his hands full, but, a little compassion for the rest of us would be admired. I personally know a coupled of the first line heirs, and they are good God fearing people. Not anything like the rest are portrayed. I feel more for them. I look forward to meeting WH in person, one day. thanks for listening, Globetrekker, I respect and appreciate your responses to me on this. Have a great day. respectfully, Wondering.
out of here

United States

#64 Sep 3, 2009
who is WH? and what is his name
respectful

Braselton, GA

#65 Sep 3, 2009
WONDERING wrote:
Thanks for the apology. That was big of you, but I still don't understand why family would call family greedy, mulisious, and back stabbing, if you are looking out for each other. I think (just my advice) that if the administrator of the estate is looking out for the best intrest of the heirs, then they should be informed of, at least what is public record. Don't you agree? That is not too much to ask, is it? If he were to be honest about what is public, then I (personal opinion) think it would keep down a lot of talk among the heirs and others. People are just desperate to hear something positive these days. there is so much bad news going on in the world today. It would give people hope instead of gloom and doom, such as is on the news everyday. Some good word is really all people are looking for. when it is mixed by name calling, when your trying to bring positive news (especially when the name calling is on the first page of your letter) you always look for the worst. I think a little more thought could go into these letters. I (personal opinion, again) think there should not be as much critizism but more concern for peoples feelings (especially family) in these letters. Most of these people are like everyone else, at rock bottom with economic problems in the world today. Maybe the administrator could have a little more compassion on the folk. Thanks again for your apoligy. Maybe you could pass on to the administrator the same avenue of thought.
Thank You!!! So, much you you have put into words, how I feel. we have defended WH on his forum to many times to count. But, after the last few updates. I started digging. I have never been aware of any one saying bad things about him. I was brought up to believe that if you put others down in order to feel important there is something not rigth with your morals. Maybe,
I was wrong to jump and say that I did not trust him. I just would never speake that way to my own family how ever. I have choose to walk in the light and not in the dark. You are correct we could all use some good news. I have been Out of time for the last few days. But, what a wonderful surprise to see you and Globetrecker working things out for all the see. THANK YOU!! SO MUCH TO BOTH OF YOU!! may we all learn to watch out for another and show respect maybe the this will be bright spot for all. God bless.
Get More

Oklahoma City, OK

#66 Sep 3, 2009
out of here wrote:
who is WH? and what is his name
I do not know his name but he is the Administrator of the Pelham Humphries case. Unless you are a direct heir in the case, his name is probably not going to mean anything to you.
tmack

Mooresville, NC

#67 Sep 3, 2009
I was on the Board of Directors of the "Pelham Humphries Heirs Association" from the the beginning in 1986 until it was dissolved a few years ago. The best thing that happened during that time was when Wayne was appointed Co-Administrator of the Estate. If he had been involved earlier we would not have looked like idoits when the Feathers vs Chevron case went to court in 1998. We were totally unprepared and had an attorney that was in well over his head. As soon as Wayne took over, things took off in a positive direction. He had already spend years and much of his own money accumulating proof. Anyone that wants this to come to a positive conclusion for the Humphreys should feel good that he is working so hard for us. He is not going to hold our hands and explain every move he makes.
WONDERING

Brunswick, GA

#68 Sep 3, 2009
tmack wrote:
I was on the Board of Directors of the "Pelham Humphries Heirs Association" from the the beginning in 1986 until it was dissolved a few years ago. The best thing that happened during that time was when Wayne was appointed Co-Administrator of the Estate. If he had been involved earlier we would not have looked like idoits when the Feathers vs Chevron case went to court in 1998. We were totally unprepared and had an attorney that was in well over his head. As soon as Wayne took over, things took off in a positive direction. He had already spend years and much of his own money accumulating proof. Anyone that wants this to come to a positive conclusion for the Humphreys should feel good that he is working so hard for us. He is not going to hold our hands and explain every move he makes.
Thanks for the encouraging words. See, thats what i'm talking about. Everyone needs to hear those words.. That would be great. Instead of cut down words, if they could hear words like that, i'll bet WH would be receiving thank you cards. I would also bet you were good on the board. Maybe they should have it again.
again, thank you. I, myself feel better, anyway.
Wondering

Brunswick, GA

#69 Sep 5, 2009
tmack or Globtrekker, can you tell us anything about the Oct 5th court case? Is there anything that is of public record that would not jepordize the case for us to know? I would greatly appreciate a note. thanks
tmack

Jacksonville, NC

#70 Sep 6, 2009
Wondering wrote:
tmack or Globtrekker, can you tell us anything about the Oct 5th court case? Is there anything that is of public record that would not jepordize the case for us to know? I would greatly appreciate a note. thanks
I have no information about an Oct. 5 court case.
Globetrekker

Denver, CO

#71 Sep 6, 2009
Wondering wrote:
...nor do I. Sorry...
Alcatraz

Oklahoma City, OK

#72 Sep 7, 2009
I heard a rumor that Wayne Hodge is going into court around the first of October. Is it true? Does anyone know?
Wondering

Brunswick, GA

#73 Sep 7, 2009
Globetrekker wrote:
<quoted text>
...nor do I. Sorry...
Thank you both. I do appreciate the reply. Have a great day, both of you.
tmack

Jacksonville, NC

#74 Sep 7, 2009
Alcatraz wrote:
I heard a rumor that Wayne Hodge is going into court around the first of October. Is it true? Does anyone know?
Ask him.
Alcatraz

Oklahoma City, OK

#75 Sep 7, 2009
tmack wrote:
<quoted text>Ask him.
I can not ask him, I'm not a direct heir. Maybe you guys really do have a chance of getting something out of the oil companies? Anyway Good Luck!
Get More

Oklahoma City, OK

#76 Sep 8, 2009
Wow! Alcatraz, You seem to be on such a positive note now. We all thought that we might have to ask you to crawl back under that rock in the middle of San Francisco Bay. Maybe the oil companies will have to pay?
Barb

AOL

#77 Sep 9, 2009
STRANGE isn't that this Pelham only had a brother William and there was a Pelham that had a brother William and a sister Sally(Sallie)who was to have also received a Mexican grant of land.
WONDERING

Brunswick, GA

#78 Sep 10, 2009
Barb wrote:
STRANGE isn't that this Pelham only had a brother William and there was a Pelham that had a brother William and a sister Sally(Sallie)who was to have also received a Mexican grant of land.
A friend of mine got a letter a few months ago and said that her deceased husband had some money in Mexico It was from some attorneys that was trying to find out where the Finn family had gotten off to. They said the money was in Mexico and they wanted it to get to the rightful heirs. They asked no money just information on the Finn family. The strange part was that it was DeZavola that had left the money and she knows nothing about Pelham Humphries. I told her to definetly respond. I never heard of the Finns in this case. Has anyone else? very interesting, don't you think?
tmack

Mooresville, NC

#79 Sep 10, 2009
Barb wrote:
It was rumored that they had a sister but it was never proved in court.
Make out a will

Maysville, GA

#80 Sep 10, 2009
From What I saw in the court documents there was something about a half sister not sure what her name was. But, according to the law at that time they only received anything from an estate if there was a will. Mr. Humphries left no will so, his brother was the only one to reap anything from it. I'm glad that is not that way anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

OPEC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Challenges on multiple fronts likely to test ne... Sat tfg 3
Oil Below $60 Tests U.S. Drive for Energy Indep... Jan 16 deryue 3
Reeling ruble has Russians backing out of luxur... Jan 15 hunky dory 1
Oil at $40, and Below, Gaining Traction on Wall... Jan 15 toneyweigert 1
Oil price fall a top topic as Venezuelan presid... Jan 14 Oli 5
Oil Producers Betting on Price Drop With OPEC U... Jan 12 eubert80 1
pelham humphries (Jan '11) Jan 12 d u b 126
More from around the web