'Give up Lau'

Jul 2, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fiji Times

TONGA'S Lands Minister Lord Ma'afu has revealed a proposal for the island kingdom to give up the disputed Minerva Reef to Fiji in exchange for the Lau Group.

Comments
161 - 180 of 187 Comments Last updated Friday Aug 8

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2014

Judged:

WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
No no no, YOU open your mouth when you have even just a tiny shred of evidence... eh, who am I kidding? You got NOTHING! It's difficult to call your bluff. If you had known what the heck you were talking about, you would know that Samoans did, in fact, worship Maui under a different name. You would also know that human sacrifice and cannibalism was prevalent in Samoa centuries ago. Keep trying bruh! Lmao.
Look, my lil Ms. Knowitall, it was our Tongan ancestors who worshiped t God of t underworld n forced t Samonas to comply n upon exiting Pa'ao took his black magic w him, n Samoa became t Happy People, chieoooooooooo. While t poor Hawaiians were forced to comply w t dumb arz Pa'ao.
Lose

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2014

Judged:

This is a stupid notion from an asshole who is just trying to make a name for himself. Tonga can look after its island of Niuafo'ou and NTT which are the 2 most remote island of Tonga.. now it is trying to annexed another group of islands which is so far away from Tonga... this is total bullshit..

I quess the Lauans are the ones who need to decide for themselves but so far its just hot air from this shit noble.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2014

Judged:

KavaFarmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever asked the question,'why are there no stories of voyaging to the pacific among Polynesians?' Its because you never voyaged to the pacific, you were produced in the pacific by Melanesian seafarers and their Indonesian (or Asiatic) wives and concubines. Learn to accept that you're wrong! Try to think outside the box and see the bigger picture, your view is so clouded with pride and poopoo hahaha bijjjch
https://m.youtube.com/watch...

https://m.youtube.com/watch...

Kava,

I've given 2 genetic links indicating t origin of t Polynesian ppl leaving t mainland China 10,000 years ago to SE Asia through Indonesia, n to t Bismarks.

I showed another genetic study that grouped Polys in 3 subgroups w Hawaiians, most of Samoa, n all Tongans to have Native American genes, indicating we traveled to t Americas before coming to Melanesia n than to Remote Oceania.

Your theories aren't absurd but you have to make sense of it. Instead of throwing it to us like we know what t hell u talking about, dam I need decoder to figure u out most of t time. Lmoooo!!!!

Since: May 13

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2014

Judged:

LMAO little Penty is still going in circles not making any sense just making his own false conclusions again.

You claimed:

"4,700 ppl, does it say they tetis were lil Mela men, no, change your boxers it's full of sheit, it only indicated that they looked at mtDNA, which gives info. about maternal ancestry, yet your lil fro-head, tried to obscure t truth as usual. Lol"

You clearly didn't read the genetic studies I provided that proved what I stated that Melanesian men were Polynesians Paternal lineage:

"suggesting a dual genetic origin of Polynesians in agreement with the “Slow Boat” hypothesis. Our data suggest a PRONOUNCED ADMIXTURE BIAS IN POLYNESIANS TOWARD MORE MELANESIAN MEN THAN WOMEN, perhaps as a result of matrilocal residence in the ancestral Polynesian society."

http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/23/11/2 ...

What does that say right there little Penty? In plain english for you LMAO I told you you're not making any sense at all.

And here is the LATEST genetic study done on Polynesians and their origins, your link was from Feb 2011 while this is from November 2012 which means it is the LATEST GENETIC EVIDENCE which supports the slow-boat model of migration and concurs with the last study above that Asian and Melanesian were the 2 ancestral populations of Polynesians:

"A significant proportion of Melanesian ancestry (mean = 32%) was estimated in 100% self-reported Native Hawaiians in an ADMIXTURE analysis of Asian, Melanesian, and Native Hawaiian populations of K = 2, where K denotes the number of ancestral populations. This notable proportion of Melanesian admixture supports the “Slow-Boat” model of migration of ancestral Polynesian populations from East Asia to the Pacific Islands."

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F1 ...

"in an ADMIXTURE analysis of ASIAN, MELANESIAN, and Native Hawaiian populations of K = 2, WHERE K DENOTES THE NUMBER OF ANCESTRAL POPULATIONS."

See what the latest genetic evidence says? LOL it agrees with my first genetic study I posted that the 2 ancestral populations for Polynesians was Asian(Maternal) and Melanesian(Paternal). So in conclusion Asian women and Melanesian men interbreed and out popped Polynesians. We are your tetis little boy! how does it feel to have Melanesian fathers? BAHAHAHA!!

"It's why they believed that t Poly took t fast boat thru Melanesia."

LOL more lies from you, the latest study which I posted above from Nov 2012 supports the slow-boat model of migration. Wrong again little Penty.

"Even t Lapita skeleton remains found in Teuoma, t expert said these ppl were large n muscular unlike your ancestors t Melas."

We are your tetis you got your muscular frames from us lol or do you think little Asian women gave it to you? LMAO just one look at your father race Fijians will show you that we are much bigger physically then Polys so it all makes sense.

And remember what the findings were from the DNA tests done on the Lapita remains there?

"Lisa Matissoo-Smith in her interview on TV NZ (Tagata Pasifika Lapita special 3 2005) said; "We were able to look to see whether the individual possessed a particular mutation that we see at a very high frequency in Polynesians. It is a 9based pair mutation of Mitichondrial DNA and we found that the Teouma material - the first samples that we analysed did not have that mutation, so they DID NOT LOOK LIKE 98% OF THE PEOPLE WE SEE LIVING IN POLYNESIA TODAY."

And.

"Geneticist Lisa Matissoo-Smith successfully extracted DNA from the teeth of the Teouma skeletons, found in Lapita burial urns, some of which were sitting in the lotus position. She found that they DID NOT CONTAIN ANY POLYNESIAN OR EAST ASIAN GENES."

So how could they have been Polys or from East Asia if there was no Poly or Asian DNA found? LMAO you are getting slaughtered here and I'm doing it with ease.

Epic fail after epic fail little Penty. Have more respect for your Melanesian Tetis BAHAHAHA!!!

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2014

Judged:

So after all this the conclusion still remains the same. The Lapita people were the first to settle Fiji, Tonga and Samoa and the Lapita have been found to be Melanesian rather than the old school thought that they may have been Polys.

So my original point still stands that Melanesians were the first to settle Fiji, Tonga and Samoa.

But thanks to little Penty we also found out that Melanesians are Polynesians ancestral fathers with the Maternal(female) DNA coming from Asians.

Thanks little Penty, all that sh#t talking over the years about Melanesians only to find out that we are your Tetis LMAO!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2014

Judged:

Well Wannabe,

U r still bouncing back w outdated link, your current link said it was 32% Melanesia, that below is a bunch of outdated BS.

"suggesting a dual genetic origin of Polynesians in agreement with the “Slow Boat” hypothesis. Our data suggest a PRONOUNCED ADMIXTURE BIAS IN POLYNESIANS TOWARD MORE MELANESIAN MEN THAN WOMEN, perhaps as a result of matrilocal residence in the ancestral Polynesian society."

http://www.hawaiianencyclopedia.com/dna-resea...

Analyzing hair samples gathered from people all around the Pacific, the researchers concluded that there are three main subgroups of Polynesians. The study found that 95% of all Hawaiians are in one of these three sub-groups, along with 90% of S&#257;moans and all the Tongans sampled. Interestingly, this genetic marker that distinguished the Polynesian sub-groups was also found in some Native Americans.
A second genetically distinct sub-group of Polynesians contains a small minority of Hawaiian people as well as people from S&#257;moa and the Cook Islands. A third group doesn’t seem to show up at all in the Hawaiian Islands, but appears to link S&#257;moans to Indonesians. Cann’s research also concluded that it is likely that Polynesians first sailed to South America, rather than the other way around, as many researchers had previously asserted.

Here we go, m just saying t Polys got around n Mela was were we came through n discovered our Lapita cousins n hauled it out of Melanesia, along w our own language culture n race, completely unlike t ppl who were left behind in Vanuatu.
Mango

Artesia, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Judged:

Why would Tonga want such a thing? They can't even take care of the cyclone vctims of Ha'apai, now some idiot want to add more to their problems. Fix what u have first before wanting something else.malo
jestr

Tonga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Judged:

Mango wrote:
Why would Tonga want such a thing? They can't even take care of the cyclone vctims of Ha'apai, now some idiot want to add more to their problems. Fix what u have first before wanting something else.malo
Let us be together again Lau islands.
uiha

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2014

Judged:

Mango wrote:
Tonga owned the lau group until the peckerhead british stole it,as a matter of fact Tonga conquered most of Fiji until the coward cakobau ceded Fiji to da british,now the Fijians have no say in their own government affairs,pthetic n sad really
Lemu

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2014

Judged:

jestr wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us be together again Lau islands.
He he
Luk like lord maafu miss teti
Right jes
Hi hi hi
Toomata

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2014

Lemu wrote:
<quoted text>
He he
Luk like lord maafu miss teti
Right jes
Hi hi hi
lol....Tonga's just as bad as the british..cmon now you know how polotics go..lmao right jstr?!
paul

Suva, Fiji

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2014

Judged:

thanks tongangodz.
I am going to give you my perspective.
I am Lauan .I am Fijian not tongan I appreciate my tongan and tokelauan links.We have tongan influence but we are fijians geographically,socially culturally etc etc and because of the mix Fijians are are unique culture of it's own.Different but similar to some extent with neighboring MELA,MICRO,POLY.
Hope you understands.
Vinaka and malo aupito.
jestr

Tonga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2014

Judged:

Toomata wrote:
<quoted text>
lol....Tonga's just as bad as the british..cmon now you know how polotics go..lmao right jstr?!
Not even Steven, we algud

Liverpool, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2014

Judged:

Little Penty couldn't answer the hard questions because it would destroy his weak argument LOL,

Please show us where it states that Polynesians settled Fiji, Tonga and Samoa 6-8000 years ago?

And If polys settled Fiji, Samoa and Tonga 6-8000 years ago why are there NO remains, artefacts or even other evidence supporting this claim? all remains and artefacts have been Lapita-age and all of the oldest remains have been Lapita-age.

The oldest artefacts and remains in Polynesia have all been Lapita pottery, remains etc. and as we already know the Lapita people were Melanesians not Polynesians according to all the evidence Lapita people lived at a different time to Polynesians, in a different geographical area and were physically, genetically and culturally different to Polynesians. But at the same time genetically(Mana Man), geographically(Most sites in Melanesia, and Lapita started in Melanesia), physically(Mana Man distinctly Melanesian) and culturally(Pottery,Shell money etc.) the same as Melanesians.

So we know that these people were more likely Melanesian rather than Polynesian with absolute confidence. The coral tools you speak of were obviously just made and used by the first settlers of Tonga the Melanesian Lapita race because all the evidence says they settled their first. Your link only states that was the oldest settlement in Polynesia, not specifically a POLYNESIAN race LOL everything you've presented has just been analysed, debunked and countered by me with ease.

Thank you for the new info that led to the conclusion that the Lapita people were in fact Melanesian rather than Poly and also that we Melanesians are your Tetis! BAHAHAHAHA!!! what a turn of events aye?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2014

Fijian_Warrior wrote:
Little Penty couldn't answer the hard questions because it would destroy his weak argument LOL,
Please show us where it states that Polynesians settled Fiji, Tonga and Samoa 6-8000 years ago?
And If polys settled Fiji, Samoa and Tonga 6-8000 years ago why are there NO remains, artefacts or even other evidence supporting this claim? all remains and artefacts have been Lapita-age and all of the oldest remains have been Lapita-age.
The oldest artefacts and remains in Polynesia have all been Lapita pottery, remains etc. and as we already know the Lapita people were Melanesians not Polynesians according to all the evidence Lapita people lived at a different time to Polynesians, in a different geographical area and were physically, genetically and culturally different to Polynesians. But at the same time genetically(Mana Man), geographically(Most sites in Melanesia, and Lapita started in Melanesia), physically(Mana Man distinctly Melanesian) and culturally(Pottery,Shell money etc.) the same as Melanesians.
So we know that these people were more likely Melanesian rather than Polynesian with absolute confidence. The coral tools you speak of were obviously just made and used by the first settlers of Tonga the Melanesian Lapita race because all the evidence says they settled their first. Your link only states that was the oldest settlement in Polynesia, not specifically a POLYNESIAN race LOL everything you've presented has just been analysed, debunked and countered by me with ease.
Thank you for the new info that led to the conclusion that the Lapita people were in fact Melanesian rather than Poly and also that we Melanesians are your Tetis! BAHAHAHAHA!!! what a turn of events aye?
Can u plse leave Benz alone!! He is somewhere in the pacific, under a coconut tree naked!!..having a holiday!!lol...wish I was a coconut tree!!!lol.
Happy Friday FW!!
kingtonga

Tonga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2014

I fink the minister need medical attention.how can a nation give up a complete land with a reef on the sea, and give up his people with the fishes of the reef. maybe he want to make him king of lau..
jestr

Tonga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2014

Judged:

kingtonga wrote:
I fink the minister need medical attention.how can a nation give up a complete land with a reef on the sea, and give up his people with the fishes of the reef. maybe he want to make him king of lau..
It's like a beer at a bar, Fiji and Tonga says the beer is theirs, so Tonga says, oh give me ur bottle and u can have this beer.
fikibutu

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jul 21

Judged:

tongangodz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, looky looky, apparently it's being dealt w as we speak, genius. U r mixed up in t head, t Lau Group has always been Poly, even in language, later they were absorbed into t Fijian dialect, but certainly they would b welcomed w much love. Dam hater.
It shows yre ignorance..you think lau actually wants to be under tonga...yre tongan minister is the arrogant pig that he is....lau was never ever a part of tonga....ttui cakau ruled over most of lau ....Vanuabalavu was under Vanua levu for centuries....you dumb arse tongan....just a dumb statement by a dumb politician it shows the caliber of people running tonga and the mental capacity of their elite educated individuals....manirva reef actually is under the province of Ono in lau...but in 1972 king Tupou declared it sovereignty...which was not a big deal to fiji at the time that claim was not a demand from tonga but a agreement by both countries fiji at the time was rapidly growing financially and internationally and the manirva reef was agreed upon to serve under Tongan sovereignty.....it's an issue because of the defection of Mara....and it was Mara late father Ratu Mara who helped implement that transaction of the reef to tonga....know yre shit b4 mouthing off bitch....Ma'afu is a dumb politician stirring the pot for a political change in fiji.....Again dnt be fooled lau Wil never be handed over for wat reasons I'm lauan ...i look more tongan than anything...i acknowledge my tongan blood but I'm fijian and understand my roots and my foundation....dude tonga has nothing I mean nothing on fiji
jestr

Tonga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jul 21

Judged:

fikibutu wrote:
<quoted text>
It shows yre ignorance..you think lau actually wants to be under tonga...yre tongan minister is the arrogant pig that he is....lau was never ever a part of tonga....ttui cakau ruled over most of lau ....Vanuabalavu was under Vanua levu for centuries....you dumb arse tongan....just a dumb statement by a dumb politician it shows the caliber of people running tonga and the mental capacity of their elite educated individuals....manirva reef actually is under the province of Ono in lau...but in 1972 king Tupou declared it sovereignty...which was not a big deal to fiji at the time that claim was not a demand from tonga but a agreement by both countries fiji at the time was rapidly growing financially and internationally and the manirva reef was agreed upon to serve under Tongan sovereignty.....it's an issue because of the defection of Mara....and it was Mara late father Ratu Mara who helped implement that transaction of the reef to tonga....know yre shit b4 mouthing off bitch....Ma'afu is a dumb politician stirring the pot for a political change in fiji.....Again dnt be fooled lau Wil never be handed over for wat reasons I'm lauan ...i look more tongan than anything...i acknowledge my tongan blood but I'm fijian and understand my roots and my foundation....dude tonga has nothing I mean nothing on fiji
That's just propaganda from hundreds of years under military north Korean style regimes. Lau people want their freedom from their emotionally unstable momsy Fiji and want reunite with Tonga, their long lost papa who had to go when Lau's overprotective step dad Britain came along.
jestr

Tonga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jul 21

Judged:

fikibutu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lau was the highway between Tonga and Fiji, there wasn't borders or customs, u just go when u want. Lau has been a part of Fiji for over a hundred years so u expect them brainwashed only to recognize Fiji as their heritage. But Tonga was there in Lau, thousands fought there, thousands lived there. At least they know Tonga wants them back

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••