Budget spending not sustainable: Garnaut

Apr 29, 2013 Full story: AdelaideNow...

ALL Australians have to accept the government cannot continue to provide services that it cannot afford in the long-term, a former senior economics adviser to former Prime Minister Bob Hawke says.

Full Story
Superior Being

Sydney, Australia

#1 Apr 30, 2013
Ross Garnaut was part of the crew that helped deliver a carbon tax. This tax was never meant to "help" the environment. It was meant to be another form of tax that the government could gouge out of the tax payers of this beautiful country. Note how the people who benefit from it the most are generally the people who will vote for labour and give not a f-ck about the environment. By all means slag me down and call me an elitist. I work in the waste/recycling business and if people gave a sh-t about the environment they would try a little harder with the simple task of separating their waste from their recycling. The amount of recyclables that goes to landfill that could be diverted would shock you. Anyway, f-ck those c-nts in labour they are all for the sh-t heap.
Julie chamberpot

Sydney, Australia

#2 Apr 30, 2013
I doubt Swan
could balance a hat on his head
let alone balance the nations budget

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 5 min No Surprise 26,692
Nothing Common about stunning slice of history 31 min Lovely bunch of c... 10
Jewish leaders pan Australian lawmakers' attemp... 8 hr The Awakener 44
How Sydney hostage tragedy changes Australia 8 hr HARDcoreDRILN 4
Papuan bishop decries witch hunts, violence aga... 15 hr Catholic Girl 4
Manus Island detainees in sex video, PNG MP claims (Dec '13) 21 hr zerox sam 30
Micronesian in Hawaii (Aug '11) Tue Ri Mon Kuut 548
More from around the web