Editorial: Education, not hysteria, works to stop youth crime

Jan 21, 2013 Full story: The New Zealand Herald 156

Seven years ago, the Principal Youth Court Judge, Andrew Becroft, declared that education was the ultimate crime-fighting tool.

Full Story
Anonymous

Ashfield, Australia

#102 Jan 25, 2013
Gutsfull wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been on Topix for over 4 years now, and I would say unequivocally that Tweeter and Must_Be_Joking are NOT the same person.
I know. So pathetic. What a revelation to how stupid and small-minded these losers are.
Anonymous

Ashfield, Australia

#103 Jan 25, 2013
Adam Rangiaho wrote:
i said to you " i am qualified to design and deliver third year physics tests at university level...so what?"
Oh wow, my memory of your lying has failed me. Not that what you're claiming is any less a work of hilarious fiction.
Where's your PhD in Physics then Adam? Do you even know the subject matter that would be in those tests?
Adam Rangiaho wrote:
now what jealous guy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6lLs2dC9NaEXX
*smirks*

Ahahahaha yeah right. Oh can I be some Maori fraud who took 9 years to become a primary school teacher?

I have to say; this really reveals what an insecure little cretin you must be thinking it's all about you personally. That's basically you Maoris to a T isn't it? Comparing yourselves to others all the time...
Des

Brisbane, Australia

#104 Jan 25, 2013
Must_be_joking_me wrote:
<quoted text>Oh wow, my memory of your lying has failed me. Not that what you're claiming is any less a work of hilarious fiction.
Where's your PhD in Physics then Adam? Do you even know the subject matter that would be in those tests?<quoted text>*smirks*
Ahahahaha yeah right. Oh can I be some Maori fraud who took 9 years to become a primary school teacher?
I have to say; this really reveals what an insecure little cretin you must be thinking it's all about you personally. That's basically you Maoris to a T isn't it? Comparing yourselves to others all the time...
Lets see your credentials einstein! put up or shut up
Spell Checker

Queenstown, New Zealand

#105 Jan 26, 2013
Must_be_joking_me wrote:
<quoted text>Well how else would you describe someone who has fallen for you little lies Adam?
Oh and how does it feel lying to people?
*your
please stop

Queenstown, New Zealand

#106 Jan 26, 2013
Gutsfull wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been on Topix for over 4 years now, and I would say unequivocally that Tweeter and Must_Be_Joking are NOT the same person.
Why do you only ever make an appearance when tweeter gets picked on so as to defend him?
please stop

Queenstown, New Zealand

#107 Jan 26, 2013
Must_be_joking_me wrote:
<quoted text>I know. So pathetic. What a revelation to how stupid and small-minded these losers are.
Oh, aren't you lucky. You have 'someone' to 'prove' that you don't have schizophrenia. Pity that 'he' only appears when you (Mark, Tweeter, Must_be_joking_me) seem to be getting picked on, and losing all credibility in a discussion. Hmmmmmm?

Since: Nov 08

Auckland

#108 Jan 26, 2013
please stop wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you only ever make an appearance when tweeter gets picked on so as to defend him?
Rather than accept someone putting you straight, you assume they're picking sides and going against you.

Stop being a dick.

Maybe if you did, you'd have noticed I post plenty on here.
please stop

Queenstown, New Zealand

#109 Jan 26, 2013
Must_be_joking_me wrote:
<quoted text>......and invited me to do the same thing.
No. No I didn't. I looked his qualifications up on my own volition and posted that I had verified them, unlike you, he wasn't lying about having a university education. I never invited you to do the same thing. Mark, you're an idiot.
please stop

Queenstown, New Zealand

#110 Jan 26, 2013
Adam Rangiaho wrote:
"It is now firmly established that a boy attending school regularly is much less likely to become involved in crime, even if he is not achieving academically."
"And that absence from school is closely linked to offending. It is important, therefore, for schools to have alternatives to suspension and expulsion. "
"The latest figures also reflect the input of the Ministry of Education, which has been working with schools with the highest expulsion rates to reduce these, especially for Maori and Pasifika pupils."
we have to make sure our schools cater for a diverse range of interests and options. a good school should be able to offer everything from trades courses and university degrees.
gone are the days where people had very limited, compulsory options. let's face it, not everyone wants to be a mathematician or a rocket scientist. some people like outdoors jobs and fixing cars, looking after people or sport....
This was the original post on this thread. This has no reference to ethnicity in it. Going off topic just to promote their idiotic racist agenda. Goes to show how small minded a lot of the idiots are on Topix.

“Moumou Tangata ki te Po”

Since: Oct 11

Earth

#111 Jan 26, 2013
Must_be_joking_me wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.... i did the 3 and 4 year degree at the same time....i did two at once. i went to teacher's college during the day, 8:30 till 2:30ish, then i drove over the road to do my uni degree.... 3 till late, 7 days a week at times.,.... you can't do two at once anymore.... hahahahaha

now what?

hahahaha.... jeess i'm good....... fcukin clever alright...... my southland farmer granddad smart called me 'brains' from a very young age....he could see it and he was a white fella :)

Earth

#112 Jan 26, 2013
please stop wrote:
<quoted text>
This was the original post on this thread. This has no reference to ethnicity in it. Going off topic just to promote their idiotic racist agenda. Goes to show how small minded a lot of the idiots are on Topix.
hahahaha it's turned into an issue about the creation of exams in a tertiary institution.....
the guy is a looser....... says's he's 25?...... still a spring chicken.....wet behind the ears.....

i can see now why the guy struggles with maori history.....

Earth

#113 Jan 26, 2013
please stop wrote:
<quoted text>
if kids needs are met, they can grow into great learners and the sky's the limit. it takes a village to raise a child, and nz is one big village.
please stop

Queenstown, New Zealand

#114 Jan 26, 2013
Adam Rangiaho wrote:
<quoted text>
if kids needs are met, they can grow into great learners and the sky's the limit. it takes a village to raise a child, and nz is one big village.
...and Mark (Tweeter, Must_be_joking_me, Gutsfull, Part Maoris Stink) and Torqueing Heads are taking turns at being the chief village idiot.

Since: Nov 08

Auckland

#115 Jan 26, 2013
please stop wrote:
<quoted text>
...and Mark (Tweeter, Must_be_joking_me, Gutsfull, Part Maoris Stink) and Torqueing Heads are taking turns at being the chief village idiot.
please stop...being a wanker....
Anonymous

Ashfield, Australia

#116 Jan 27, 2013
Adam Rangiaho wrote:
he guy is a looser....... says's he's 25?...... still a spring chicken.....wet behind the ears.....
i can see now why the guy struggles with maori history.....
Erm......no I never said I'm 25. And I'm not.

Failure again from Adam. Just like all those exams you failed in your 9 years of study.
Anonymous

Ashfield, Australia

#117 Jan 27, 2013
please stop wrote:
<quoted text>
This accusing me of being these other people is the icing on the ownage of you.

Earth

#118 Jan 27, 2013
Must_be_joking_me wrote:
<quoted text>Erm......no I never said I'm 25. And I'm not.
Failure again from Adam. Just like all those exams you failed in your 9 years of study.
i was talking about the other anon troll.....
Anonymous

Ashfield, Australia

#119 Jan 27, 2013
Adam Rangiaho wrote:
<quoted text>
i was talking about the other anon troll.....
Well he wasn;t was he?

Look at you man! you can't even keep up...

Earth

#120 Jan 27, 2013
Must_be_joking_me wrote:
<quoted text>Well he wasn;t was he?
Look at you man! you can't even keep up...
according to him...yeah he is......

"Part Maoris STINK wrote:
<quoted text>
I am more educated in my 25 years than you are in your's and Rangi's combined."

anyway, none of you trolls have focussed on the topic... what a waste of posts......

i'll sit here content with my 3 uni quals and half a masters..... i might take another year off and finish it soon.... hahahahaa..... you'll still be here guessing.....
Anonymous

Ashfield, Australia

#121 Jan 27, 2013
Adam Rangiaho wrote:
<quoted text>
according to him...yeah he is......
"Part Maoris STINK wrote:
<quoted text>
I am more educated in my 25 years than you are in your's and Rangi's combined."
anyway, none of you trolls have focussed on the topic... what a waste of posts......
i'll sit here content with my 3 uni quals and half a masters..... i might take another year off and finish it soon.... hahahahaa..... you'll still be here guessing.....
No no Adam. Your little friend "please stop" was talking about me.

Try and keep up, you're supposed to be a teacher...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is Santa right now? 2012 NORAD Santa trac... (Dec '12) 4 hr umm 11
For Australian Christmas, Everything's Overturn... 4 hr Neville Thompson 3
What's for dinner? Australia 4 hr Leonel 2
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 6 hr piratefighting 27,145
Comedian faces resentencing on sex charge (Apr '12) 10 hr Dr Broparta 76
Holidaymakers warned about high risk of shellfi... 11 hr Keyster 1
Police warn of online child sex 'grooming' Wed Dutch expat 1
More from around the web