NZ ugly and full of fat people: book

Jan 26, 2008 Full story: The West Australian 318

“I'm fed up with unwashed hair and spotty complexions.”

New Zealanders are fat and ugly and the country's cities are architectural disasters, according to a new book. via The West Australian

Full Story
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Nicholas Ong

Singapore, Singapore

#1 Jan 26, 2008
I just came back from a 20days NZ trip last month. I must disgaree witht the author.

I think CHCH (& Cathedral Sq) is beautiful, NZ people are ok. I saw normal & friendly people, not fat & ugly people.

I must say OZs may have nicer facial features. I did come across some unruly youngsters in some smaller towns, but which country doesn't have trouble makers??

The author obviously trying to go the extreme in order to sell the book. Shame on him.
Aki

Saga, Japan

#2 Jan 27, 2008
I disagree New Zealand is a beautiful country. I found the poeple to be friendly and always helpful. There are fat people everywhere. I was impressed by the NZ beauty.
Joe

Christchurch, New Zealand

#3 Jan 27, 2008
Aki wrote:
I disagree New Zealand is a beautiful country. I found the poeple to be friendly and always helpful. There are fat people everywhere. I was impressed by the NZ beauty.
You are blinded by racist hate,You shame yourself!
Stop trying to make up for what your own country lacks!
In respect to their own people with human and animal rights issues!
N.Z is beauty!

WAKE UP!!!
NZ Herald

Tauranga, New Zealand

#4 Jan 27, 2008
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
N.Z is beauty!
WAKE UP!!!
seriously, WTF! haha.
Mark - New Plymouth

Wailuku, HI

#5 Jan 27, 2008
NZ cities are certainly architectural disasters!! Blandness seems to be a prerequisite to proposed buildings getting approved here. Auckland is one of the ugliest, dullest cities imaginable, as far as the quality and look of it's buildings is concerned. It has been ruined. It's waterfront is a disgrace.
NZ-ers overall are not the world's most attractive, but not the ugliest. But go to places like California and yes, the people (even the non-surgically enhanced ones!) seem a lot more attractive. As far as fat goes - well, they are in every country!!!
JapaneseSamoan

Takeo, Japan

#6 Jan 28, 2008
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
N.Z is beauty!
WAKE UP!!!
Please read my post again. I think i missed something whn i said NZ were freindly?
Snoozer 10

Columbus, OH

#7 Jan 28, 2008
Hey, I though country side in New Zealand was beautiful. The cities are small but good places to party.

There were plenty of big boys and girls in New Zealand. There is no doubt about that.

I have to say I thought the women in Australia were much hotter.

Also, what is the story with Kiwis giving it to the Aussies all the time?
NZ Herald

Tauranga, New Zealand

#8 Jan 28, 2008
NZ have a binge drinking problem.

Fat is sexy though, look at Oprah, what a woman. I loved her with all that fat. Ugly Betty too, yummy.
Stanislaw

United States

#9 Jan 29, 2008
Is this an attempt to spread the bulemia and anorexia rates in NZ girls?
They should be ashamed.

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#10 Jan 30, 2008
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
N.Z is beauty!
WAKE UP!!!
they were complimenting New Zeakand you dweeb
beatlesinthebog

New Zealand

#11 Jan 30, 2008
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
N.Z is beauty!
WAKE UP!!!
Typical crap!! If you had stayed at school until you were 10 you might have learned to read and evaluate.'Aki' is obviously japanese and happened to miss a comma,,,,,,, "blinded by racist hate" "shame yourself" ????? Best you look in a mirror sometime,sonny!
beatlesinthebog

New Zealand

#12 Jan 30, 2008
Snoozer 10 wrote:
Hey, I though country side in New Zealand was beautiful. The cities are small but good places to party.
There were plenty of big boys and girls in New Zealand. There is no doubt about that.
I have to say I thought the women in Australia were much hotter.
Also, what is the story with Kiwis giving it to the Aussies all the time?
Small people disease ! HaHaHa.
JapaneseSamoan

Saga, Japan

#13 Feb 3, 2008
Maori Culture showcased to the world.

www.northernadvocate.co.nz (local news)
Joe

#14 Feb 4, 2008
Sorry about that, It was for those other comments made!
beatlesinthebog

New Zealand

#16 Feb 4, 2008
Joe wrote:
Sorry about that, It was for those other comments made!
That's better Joe! Hey, everyone makes mistakes. Slow up a bit and cruise. While we're in this frame I'll opologise to you for previous comments. Divided we fall. What our worries should be are what big business, developers,govt (doesn't matter which) etc, are doing blatantly.
steve

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

#17 Feb 7, 2008
There are fat people all over the western world they guy just sounds like a fuckwit.
Minnie

United States

#18 Feb 7, 2008
Mark - New Plymouth wrote:
NZ cities are certainly architectural disasters!! Blandness seems to be a prerequisite to proposed buildings getting approved here. Auckland is one of the ugliest, dullest cities imaginable, as far as the quality and look of it's buildings is concerned. It has been ruined. It's waterfront is a disgrace.
NZ-ers overall are not the world's most attractive, but not the ugliest. But go to places like California and yes, the people (even the non-surgically enhanced ones!) seem a lot more attractive. As far as fat goes - well, they are in every country!!!
I agree with you that every country has its fat, thin, ugly, pretty people. I hve lived in USA for sometime now and there are some super baby blimps walking around here too, not to mention no sense of dress. The author of this horrible article obviously has not given a fair judgment on this beautiful Country and its wonderful and for the most part attractive folk.
VincentViolence

#19 Feb 7, 2008
I'm not ugly =)
Truerandom

#20 Feb 7, 2008
Nicholas Ong wrote:
I just came back from a 20days NZ trip last month. I must disgaree witht the author.
I think CHCH (& Cathedral Sq) is beautiful, NZ people are ok. I saw normal & friendly people, not fat & ugly people.
I must say OZs may have nicer facial features. I did come across some unruly youngsters in some smaller towns, but which country doesn't have trouble makers??
The author obviously trying to go the extreme in order to sell the book. Shame on him.
Go home johnny Smith.
Nicholas ONG

Singapore, Singapore

#21 Feb 9, 2008
Truerandom wrote:
<quoted text>
Go home johnny Smith.
?? What seems to be the problem?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Duke of Edinburgh has been awarded a Knight... 13 min Coprolite1 10
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 1 hr Dana Robertson 28,126
House in uproar after PM hires his own son 1 hr Ezy 22
Manus Island detainees in sex video, PNG MP claims (Dec '13) 7 hr silent obsever 39
PM Tony Abbott makes calls to steady ship 13 hr Aussie Bloke 5
A Hot First for Samoa - Lani Wendt Young turns ... (Aug '11) 14 hr Proud 3
Beaches, bikies and koalas with chlamydia: John... 20 hr Stan Dandyliver 4
More from around the web