Ambassador encourages Tonga High students to learn Chinese language

May 23, 2013 Full story: Matangi Tonga 13

"Education is a key to success in everything and Tonga High School is a symbol of our fruitful cooperation to education, since the current school building was constructed with assistance from the Chinese Government eight years ago." The Ambassador said with the Tonga-China bilateral relationship advancing, more can be done to help the school and in ... (more)

Full Story
eagger

Tonga

#1 May 23, 2013
Oh oh, I'm sure 'he who shall not be named' may have something to say about this lol. ;P

Tongan students doing Tongan, english, french, japanese, now chinese? bring it on i say lol. Who knows, maybe there are some students who may be interested in learning mandarin or cantonese. Maybe those looking further into future may see the opportunities they may get by learning mandarin or cantonese, if they wanna learn it I say why not, go for it.

Since: Dec 12

Honolulu, Hi

#2 May 23, 2013
Good idea cause they gonna be around for a while....lol

“Fight For Democracy in Tonga!!”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#3 May 23, 2013
eagger wrote:
Oh oh, I'm sure 'he who shall not be named' may have something to say about this lol. ;P
Tongan students doing Tongan, english, french, japanese, now chinese? bring it on i say lol. Who knows, maybe there are some students who may be interested in learning mandarin or cantonese. Maybe those looking further into future may see the opportunities they may get by learning mandarin or cantonese, if they wanna learn it I say why not, go for it.
I think it was Oscar Wilde who said about gay sex,,,,, that it was the love that shall not speak its name... I wonder if your paraphrasing him
in any case I have no objection to people learning a foreign language, every skill is a good skill
but reminds me of the German students in 1944 at high school when they were given the options to learn a foreign language and when the young student submitted the fact that he wanted to learn Russian the teacher said is it because you want to govern the Russians when we win the war?
No he replied it's because the Russians will be living here.
So our young scholars will be learning Chinese not because they will suddenly be businessman in China, it's because the Chinese are too lazy to learn Tongan. And when they want to have a taxidriver or a servant to clean their toilets they want to make sure they can speak to them in Chinese
yes we are really dropping our collective trousers to the Chinese
I was wondering whether or not the new boy that was born to the incestuous Prince and Princess in a New Zealand hospital, will spend part of his childhood in a Chinese boarding school to make sure that he is well indoctrinated with the communist spirit and Chinese language
good night and good luck
Boru77
eagger

Tonga

#4 May 23, 2013
boruone77 wrote:
<quoted text>I think it was Oscar Wilde who said about gay sex,,,,, that it was the love that shall not speak its name... I wonder if your paraphrasing him
in any case I have no objection to people learning a foreign language, every skill is a good skill
but reminds me of the German students in 1944 at high school when they were given the options to learn a foreign language and when the young student submitted the fact that he wanted to learn Russian the teacher said is it because you want to govern the Russians when we win the war?
No he replied it's because the Russians will be living here.
So our young scholars will be learning Chinese not because they will suddenly be businessman in China, it's because the Chinese are too lazy to learn Tongan. And when they want to have a taxidriver or a servant to clean their toilets they want to make sure they can speak to them in Chinese
yes we are really dropping our collective trousers to the Chinese
I was wondering whether or not the new boy that was born to the incestuous Prince and Princess in a New Zealand hospital, will spend part of his childhood in a Chinese boarding school to make sure that he is well indoctrinated with the communist spirit and Chinese language
good night and good luck
Boru77
lol.. no i ain't paraphrasing from him, have you read harry potter? lol.
I disagree, I think Tongans can become successful if they really wanted it, if they wanted yeah they can be businessmen/women in china too, or become involved in international trade with people from hong kong or mainland china.

For me it ain't about who serving who, it's about working hard for yourself. So working for a locally owned firm or a foreign owned one is not as important as what we doing for ourselves.
Niu

Tonga

#5 May 23, 2013
boruone77 wrote:
<quoted text>I think it was Oscar Wilde who said about gay sex,,,,, that it was the love that shall not speak its name... I wonder if your paraphrasing him
in any case I have no objection to people learning a foreign language, every skill is a good skill
but reminds me of the German students in 1944 at high school when they were given the options to learn a foreign language and when the young student submitted the fact that he wanted to learn Russian the teacher said is it because you want to govern the Russians when we win the war?
No he replied it's because the Russians will be living here.
So our young scholars will be learning Chinese not because they will suddenly be businessman in China, it's because the Chinese are too lazy to learn Tongan. And when they want to have a taxidriver or a servant to clean their toilets they want to make sure they can speak to them in Chinese
yes we are really dropping our collective trousers to the Chinese
I was wondering whether or not the new boy that was born to the incestuous Prince and Princess in a New Zealand hospital, will spend part of his childhood in a Chinese boarding school to make sure that he is well indoctrinated with the communist spirit and Chinese language
good night and good luck
Boru77
And I haven't read anything from you that is written in Tongan. So the reason why you learned English is because British were too lazy to learn Tongan.
And they wanted to have a taxidrivers and servants to clean their toilets, so they made sure that everyone in Tonga can speak English.
We have already pulled down our ta'etalausese to England... why not do it for the Chinese as well??... ue... we already did.
Majority of our population are already INDOCTRINATED with European life style... yet tries hard to prove ourselves that we are still Tongan.
And don't worry, Chinese is too complicated and has a longer history and tradition, and too many characters to write... majority of our people will be too lazy to learn it, despite what the incentive may be.....lol... lol!
stopit

Australia

#6 May 23, 2013
Hahahaha lmao....'e niu...huu pe koe moe mo'oni hihihihi
'e eagger... Malo masi'i e ako mo niu pea mo foki 'o feinga ke langa hake 'a Tonga... Fele kau poto mata'i tohi fiha 'i mulinii,koe puhi veve holo pe heni ta'e fie oo atu ki Tonga ke fk'aonga'i 'e nau potoo...kaekehe,fk'apa'apa atu ka moua he ngaue'i mo tauhi ho tau fonua...
Toni

United States

#7 May 29, 2013
Personally I would not waste my time learn this language. English will make you successful in the world. I would spent the time study a subject I enjoy. China is a Communist country, they still prosecute Christian to this day. According to China Aid they put a Pastor to death because he practice his religion (Christian ) 2012. Two third of China are poor very poor. Average income less than four thousand annually. Communist party is live and well in China. Their leaders are rich very rich while most of their population are very poor and homeless. According to Forbes of May 2013. Hope our govt. is careful with these Communist Bigs.
Niu

Tonga

#8 May 29, 2013
And majority of the English speaking countries owe trillions of dollars debt to China. People prosecuting Christians happen everywhere, especially countries where Christianity originated. Two thirds of our country, Tonga, are very poor whereas the leaders are very rich. And according to the 2013 IMF mission...
"Economic growth slowed to 0.8 percent in fiscal year (FY) 2011/12 (year ending June... Tonga’s growth is likely to remain low in FY2012/13, at about ½percent. Starting in FY2013/14, recovery of remittances and tourism—along with improved infrastructure—will lead economic growth to gradually recover to about 1¾ percent..."... And we owe hundreds of millions to China...
Buy translators people!!! because soon you won't have a choice but to learn Chinese.. lol
judge

New Zealand

#9 May 29, 2013
eagger wrote:
Oh oh, I'm sure 'he who shall not be named' may have something to say about this lol. ;P
Tongan students doing Tongan, english, french, japanese, now chinese? bring it on i say lol. Who knows, maybe there are some students who may be interested in learning mandarin or cantonese. Maybe those looking further into future may see the opportunities they may get by learning mandarin or cantonese, if they wanna learn it I say why not, go for it.
china is the fastest growing market among the world trading now, so why not?? in my global view
heyhey

Weymouth, New Zealand

#10 May 29, 2013
i would say *yeah why not* ikai ke iai hano maumau kapau e kau mo e lea fksiaina hono ako'i he 'apiako ni :), every language is easy to learn , back in my days in tonga high , we studied french, japanese , tongan and english, everyone enjoyed it ...and its all an option if u wanna take it or not :)
Toni

United States

#11 May 30, 2013
Education is to learn a skill so you can used it to improve your future, if you're not going to use this language why waste the energy and time. That energy could be spent to learn something useful. Less than a third of the world use this language. This Communist country is like playing with dynamite it look and feel harmless but it will blow up in your face if you are not careful, when it does, say Amen time is up, too late. I know a lot of you defend China, you don't know the real CHINA, been there done that. Communist are good for nothing, be careful adopting this snake she will bite you in the behind.
stopit

Australia

#12 May 30, 2013
Yes 'heyhey' its an option...i only took french koe muimui he ki'i moa lol...yet,had nothing to do with my goal hehehe... I'd say learn as many as you can?? It will be useful in the future!!

“Fight For Democracy in Tonga!!”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#14 Jun 1, 2013
Toni wrote:
Education is to learn a skill so you can used it to improve your future, if you're not going to use this language why waste the energy and time. That energy could be spent to learn something useful. Less than a third of the world use this language. This Communist country is like playing with dynamite it look and feel harmless but it will blow up in your face if you are not careful, when it does, say Amen time is up, too late. I know a lot of you defend China, you don't know the real CHINA, been there done that. Communist are good for nothing, be careful adopting this snake she will bite you in the behind.
Yes we will be bitten by the snake, because we have already been bitten. We are currently $200 million in the red to the Chinese, no pun intended
and every day under the government of the fake king and his aristocratic criminal class we are becoming further indebted
and yet nobody seems to care
there will come a day when the Chinese sheriffs appointed by our own courts turn up at our own houses and put families out onto the streets, they will be sold to the immigrants from China for their accommodation.
Just like the native peoples of Scotland and Ireland were put out of their houses by the English overlords
we will be inviting Chinese overlords into our country, while our king dines at banquets in China

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The truth is January 26 should be First Fleet D... 8 min Gurlal 4
Maori turn Australian towns into 'little NZs' (Oct '12) 23 min tangata 251
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 2 hr Dana Robertson 27,930
The Duke of Edinburgh has been awarded a Knight... 2 hr this thread is poop 2
Australia Day 2015: Peter FitzSimons explains w... 6 hr truth 3
Australia Day 2015: Jason Steger picks his top ... 11 hr Goats milk Australia 1
Aussie of the Year nominees on a mission Sun LEGALISE STEROIDS 7
More from around the web