Climate: All-time record temps, wildfires in Australia

Jan 6, 2013 Full story: Summit County Voice 13

Parts of southern Australia have recorded all-time high temperatures readings in the past few days, and the heat wave has led to numerous wildfires, including blazes in Tasmania that have destroyed about 100 homes.

Full Story

“NO ANZUS”

Since: Nov 10

Southern California

#1 Jan 6, 2013
Record high temps throughout world. Rightwing loons employed by BIG coal BIG oil continue to DENY DENY DENY climate change.

ELECTRIC CARS. Nuclear power. Wind and solar power. GET ON IT BITCHES. We owe the next generation a livable planet
Bort

Australia

#2 Jan 6, 2013
Who gives a rodents excretion valve?
damien auksorius

Hobart, Australia

#3 Jan 14, 2013
hi my names damien auksorius ,man will continue to destoy planet earth , so the weather will just keep on getting hotter and hotter

Since: Apr 11

Roma, QLD

#4 Jan 14, 2013
damien auksorius wrote:
hi my names damien auksorius ,man will continue to destoy planet earth , so the weather will just keep on getting hotter and hotter
Get out troll
steve

Geelong, Australia

#5 Jan 14, 2013
record highs since when? co2 is just a convenient excuse for you loonies to attack industrialisation. the data simply does not support the theories. I trust real science like physics, chemistry, etc what the fk is 'climate science'? just a made up field filled with greenies and their computer models that spit out what ever they want.

and how will driving an electric car save the world?
what power source will you use to charge it, manufacture it, dispose of batteries, tyres, plastics, etc, etc, etc?
Have you ever considered that an electric car may have a worse effect on the environment that a petrol car? as long as you have the prius badge you can keep your head in the sand?

how much 'emissions' are created in the manufacture and disposal of your inefficient solar panels? what a joke that we are subsidising this sh1t tech

like most loony lefty ideas, usually make things worse not better despite all the 'good intentions'. by impsoing stupid taxes, you make people poorer, the poorer people are, the less they give a sh1t about environmental issues, just have a look at third world countries if you want to find real pollution.
people like you are just airmchair environmentalists with simplistic solutions. you want to talk about BIG coal, what about BIG solar, BIG wind, BIG geothermal, BIG carbon trading - lots of people have vested intrest in keeping this scare alive, unfortunately we get no benefit from any of that crap though, just taking money away from needed govt programs services

green = red = poverty
Mr Humbert wrote:
Record high temps throughout world. Rightwing loons employed by BIG coal BIG oil continue to DENY DENY DENY climate change.
ELECTRIC CARS. Nuclear power. Wind and solar power. GET ON IT BITCHES. We owe the next generation a livable planet

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

#6 Jan 14, 2013
Mr Humbert wrote:
Record high temps throughout world. Rightwing loons employed by BIG coal BIG oil continue to DENY DENY DENY climate change.
ELECTRIC CARS. Nuclear power. Wind and solar power. GET ON IT BITCHES. We owe the next generation a livable planet
Nuclear power - yes.
Electric cars are a scam, just like AGW.
Wind & Solar, too expensive.
Chinese Power Ranger

Podgorica, Montenegro

#7 Feb 15, 2013
Mr Humbert wrote:
Record high temps throughout world. Rightwing loons employed by BIG coal BIG oil continue to DENY DENY DENY climate change.
ELECTRIC CARS. Nuclear power. Wind and solar power. GET ON IT BITCHES. We owe the next generation a livable planet
JEWS run Big Banks and Corporations....
You dumb idiot...
Go to hell you LEFT WING parasite from USA....

JEWNITED STATE OF JEWMERICA

It is cold here

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

#8 Feb 15, 2013
Chinese Power Ranger wrote:
<quoted text>JEWS run Big Banks and Corporations....
You dumb idiot...
Go to hell you LEFT WING parasite from USA....
JEWNITED STATE OF JEWMERICA
It is cold here
F*ck off you f*cking moron.
Becky

Yangzhou, China

#9 Feb 15, 2013
steve wrote:
record highs since when? co2 is just a convenient excuse for you loonies to attack industrialisation. the data simply does not support the theories. I trust real science like physics, chemistry, etc what the fk is 'climate science'? just a made up field filled with greenies and their computer models that spit out what ever they want.
<quoted text>
Sorry to pop your balloon, but how exactly does building nuclear reactors efficient generators and wind/solar farms, and manufacturing electric cars and energy-conserving appliances constitute an attack on industrialisation?
Was replacing steam power with the internal combustion engine an attack on industrialisation? Fossil fuels are old technology and frankly old feller you are a bit of a fossil!

“Fair & Balanced”

Since: Jul 12

wherever there's a mine

#10 Feb 15, 2013
Mr Humbert wrote:
Record high temps throughout world. Rightwing loons employed by BIG coal BIG oil continue to DENY DENY DENY climate change.
ELECTRIC CARS. Nuclear power. Wind and solar power. GET ON IT BITCHES. We owe the next generation a livable planet
yes you camel farcking terrorist - N/E USA is frozen under record high temps.
Becky

Nanjing, China

#11 Feb 15, 2013
chefboy812 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes you camel farcking terrorist - N/E USA is frozen under record high temps.
Thank you. Exactly. Climate change projections have predicted extremes of weather. In fact the UK will get winters as cold as Moscow's (same latitude) when the Gulf Stream stops flowing due to ice melt.
Levi

United States

#12 Feb 15, 2013
Chinese Power Ranger wrote:
<quoted text>JEWS run Big Banks and Corporations....
You dumb idiot...
Go to hell you LEFT WING parasite from USA....
JEWNITED STATE OF JEWMERICA
It is cold here
Where the hell is Montenegro?! Never heard of it. Must be one of those lil non important countries. BTW, I wouldnt make fun of a nations name by changeing the letters around, have you noticed the last five letters of you nations name? See, racist like yourself, can get played too!

Since: Apr 11

Roma, QLD

#13 Feb 15, 2013
Levi wrote:
<quoted text> Where the hell is Montenegro?! Never heard of it. Must be one of those lil non important countries. BTW, I wouldnt make fun of a nations name by changeing the letters around, have you noticed the last five letters of you nations name? See, racist like yourself, can get played too!
I think it's a small duchy south of Croatia

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Comedian faces resentencing on sex charge (Apr '12) 1 hr punjabi mp 78
Where is Santa right now? 2012 NORAD Santa trac... (Dec '12) 8 hr umm 11
For Australian Christmas, Everything's Overturn... 8 hr Neville Thompson 3
What's for dinner? Australia 9 hr Leonel 2
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 11 hr piratefighting 27,145
Holidaymakers warned about high risk of shellfi... 16 hr Keyster 1
Police warn of online child sex 'grooming' Wed Dutch expat 1
More from around the web