Slamming the door on Jehovah Witness Cult et al.

Mar 16, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ukiahcommunityblog.wordpress.com

She is an apostate, which sounds like a strange disease, and in many ways it is.

Comments
1,501 - 1,520 of 2,894 Comments Last updated Jun 19, 2014

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

buck wrote:
<quoted text>
Karen, I must say it's been a blessing getting to know you on this forum, you are such a kind & sweet person & you try your best to bless :)
yes God does so many things that blows the small human mind huh. and the way humans act, it's a wonder he cares to know our name at all.
well my evening has turned a little sour :( oh well that's life huh, it all can't be exactly how we want it all the time.
Karen, may you be as blessed as you bless others :)
Thank you for the kind words.

I am sorry to hear your evening turned a little sour, but as long as we live in this imperfect world with imperfect lives, its bound to happen. Just keep your eyes to the skin and your heart with the Lord, and you will see those imperfect things turn to perfect things. I do hope things are better for you now.
dee lightful

Easley, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Snorkler wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay , tell us , what has the GB lied about Xmas ?
And
Who is the Father of Xmas ?
How about the lie that Jesus came invisibly to pick them to be Gods' mouthpiece? There is no such scripture .
, How about the lie that the WTO is necessary for salvation when Jesus said he was the only way?
All of the JW's faith rest on those two lies of men.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text>
And that Jesus has already returned? That one has to be the kicker of them all. We know what the bible says about his return, and we know that it has not occurred yet.
Matthew 24:27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
I guess this is another symbolic verse.
Matthew 24:30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.
I didn't see him return, and I know millions of others who did not see this take place, yet another symbolic scripture? Why did God even bother to write the words of the bible if it was only to be symbolic, and only for JW's?
Matthew 24: 36-39 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
But for some reason, the JWs knew that day and hour, 1914?
1 Corinthians 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.
Corinthians 15:23-24 But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.
Philippians 1:10 so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to the glory and praise of God.
Philippians 3:20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
Colossians 3:4 When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
1 Corinthians 11:26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.
Why are JWs still celebrating the Memorial when they believe Jesus has already come? It says, UNTIL HE COMES.
2 Thessalonians 2:1 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come.
Isn't this what the GB aka F&DS is doing, saying that the day of the Lord has already come?
2 Thessalonians 2:8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.
They are destroying the splendor of his coming.
Revelation 1:7 Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen. I am the Alpha and the Omega, " says the Lord God, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
Revelation 22:12 Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
Revelation 22:20-21 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen, Come, Lord Jesus. The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen.

“Close enough”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the requirements of salvation? Don't use watchtowers or any other WTO literature, use only the bible.
I will say for those looking for salvation, it must come from God by means of Jesus Christ.

To know God means that one knows He would not torture anyone forever in conscious agony, since God is love and eternal torture in conscious existence is not showing love.

"And this is the way to have eternal life--to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth." John 17:3.

Therefore, to know God according to what Jesus said, linked to salvation, or eternal life, means that you know He would not torture anyone forever in conscious mental or physical agony, as if there's a difference. Therefore, it is a requirement to know that God would not do such a terrible thing. To say otherwise shows that a person does NOT KNOW GOD. And is not yet saved, no matter what they say about themselves, it does not matter, because at the very end, it will be apparent to everyone alive who is worshipping God as HE sees fit. The end has not arrived in its entirety yet. We're getting there. So at the end, it will be apparent as to who has God's approval.

“Close enough”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
And that Jesus has already returned?
What about the judgment? Think that's important? Did God "judge" the rich man in hell? Some would imagine that judgment is linked to the return. If you don't believe Jesus told a literal account of the heat that the rich man felt in "hell," what makes you think you will "see" Jesus returning in the sky? First work on why you think hell is "simply" the grave, when in fact, Jesus said the rich man was talking and feeling heat. Do you think that a body OR spirit can feel heat in the grave? Which you now think is hell? So what makes you imagine that you are right about the return of Jesus? dee did say maybe it would be broadcast on universal tv somehow. maybe...right? God will put a BIG TV in the sky and float it around to all residents of the earth and drivers that are "saved" will disappear, as the saying goes.
dee lightful

Easley, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the judgment? Think that's important? Did God "judge" the rich man in hell? Some would imagine that judgment is linked to the return. If you don't believe Jesus told a literal account of the heat that the rich man felt in "hell," what makes you think you will "see" Jesus returning in the sky? First work on why you think hell is "simply" the grave, when in fact, Jesus said the rich man was talking and feeling heat. Do you think that a body OR spirit can feel heat in the grave? Which you now think is hell? So what makes you imagine that you are right about the return of Jesus? dee did say maybe it would be broadcast on universal tv somehow. maybe...right? God will put a BIG TV in the sky and float it around to all residents of the earth and drivers that are "saved" will disappear, as the saying goes.
Did Jesus return invisibly to pick the WTS to be Gods mouthpiece? Did the WT teach you lies?If it was not a lie all you have to do is show the scriptures.
Snorkler

Johannesburg, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the lie that Jesus came invisibly to pick them to be Gods' mouthpiece? There is no such scripture .
, How about the lie that the WTO is necessary for salvation when Jesus said he was the only way?
Let me try again....

What lies has the GB said about Xmas

And

Try to Focus .

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

buck wrote:
well if you are an "open minded Bible student" you would not believe the JW New World Translation over the Bible.
and you would not limit yourself to only following JW code & practice not.
sorry but I have to disagree, every JW I've heard of and seen come to the door selling JW BS has been known to push & shove.
I'd say 99.99 % of JWs are pushy ha ha ha
and if you turn and walk away & say have a nice day, are you a half hearted JW LOL
What do you consider the bible? The kjv?

I hope you realize that it's a VERSION of the scriptures..

The scrolls that are found are also copies of the originals.. Which the iriginals are either lost or destroyed..

I don't limit myself..:-)

Well that's your opinion.. And I guess I'm w half hearted JW.. Ahhhhh well..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

buck wrote:
the sun is up & shining bright
I gotta find out what kind of coffee the sun drinks to be so bright & shining LOL
I am not so bright eyed and bushy tail every morning ha ha
to the "open minded Bible student"
btw every JW on this forum has been pushy & rude which usually includes some form of name calling. research the comments on this forum to see.
Yes I have seen that..

Both sides call each other names.. Including quiet a few "Christians"..

But that's topix..

Difference between me and you is that I don't leave anybody out..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

buck wrote:
6 am sunrise already happening, it's nice for the early birds ha
wonder what time God comes to visit us?
no way to trace his footsteps ha ha
and is it the same earthly time every morning he comes by? hmmm
just some random thoughts I'm sharing.
I have to set up alarms 2 hours before I actually get up because I'm a deep sleeper and I hit the snooze button unconsciously.. Lol!
dee lightful

Easley, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Snorkler wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me try again....
What lies has the GB said about Xmas
And
Try to Focus .
By x mas I assume you mean Christmas an if that is so then God is the Father of Jesus Christ. I would have thought you had that very basis knowledge. Perhaps that is why JW's wallow in confusion.
buck

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the kind words.
I am sorry to hear your evening turned a little sour, but as long as we live in this imperfect world with imperfect lives, its bound to happen. Just keep your eyes to the skin and your heart with the Lord, and you will see those imperfect things turn to perfect things. I do hope things are better for you now.
thank you for saying words of encouragement :)
and as long as I got you, and Shel, and RedHorse Woman and southcarolina dee and some other non JWs that climb aboard now and then that God supplies :)
I'll be alright huh (is my smile showing through lol)
yeah I know about imperfect turning to perfect, just like what happened with me LOL LOL
buck

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Open Minded Bible Student wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to set up alarms 2 hours before I actually get up because I'm a deep sleeper and I hit the snooze button unconsciously.. Lol!
no more snooze alarms for me
one loud alarm ringing for a lengthy period will do
for me ha ha ha
btw the KJV Bible is actually the "english" version of the Hebrew language, it's just written in english words for Americans to read and understand.
We all like to read things in our language not.
and not all words will interpret exact with any language, this is widely known.
the Hebrew word for God is YHWH (no vowels) the english word for YHWH is "God".
so why the JWs are so stuck on Jehovah doesn't add up
Yahweh is a lot closer to the original, and it makes sense to add vowels not.
buck

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

dee you are correct in saying that God is the Father of Jesus Christ.
Jesus is "The Son of God" not
God was the unseen Spirit in Jesus doing the works and telling him what to say and do. Jesus makes this perfectly clear in John chapter 14.
God is invisible the only way he could be seen was to have a body.
God was the Word and the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us.
from John chapter 1.
that is why if you know one you should know the other, yes if you know Jesus you should know God.
Jesus says this in John 14 verse 7.
I hope this helps :)
buck

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

ok calling it quits early for this forum this evening and I hope that doesn't upset anyone LOL LOL
I just love to talk about the Bible in general and keep the wisdom of God ever flowing :)
so glad that God gave some men the smarts to translate the Hebrew into the english language. and word to the wise,when the Bible is in German, the words would be written different to translate.
buck

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

oh and btw God's name is said differently in every language not.
for instance in German it's said "Gott", in Hebrew it is YHWH, El-Shaddai is another Hebrew name for God.
God knows all languages and he knows the name said in any language that means
"God".
is every language wrong for the name they use for God if they don't say Jehovah? NOT!
it's been that way since the Tower of Babel when God confounded the human tongue and had different languages.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

buck wrote:
oh and btw God's name is said differently in every language not.
for instance in German it's said "Gott", in Hebrew it is YHWH, El-Shaddai is another Hebrew name for God.
God knows all languages and he knows the name said in any language that means
"God".
is every language wrong for the name they use for God if they don't say Jehovah? NOT!
it's been that way since the Tower of Babel when God confounded the human tongue and had different languages.
Is it wrong to use Jehovah? Or us it the English name for YHWH?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

buck wrote:
<quoted text>
no more snooze alarms for me
one loud alarm ringing for a lengthy period will do
for me ha ha ha
btw the KJV Bible is actually the "english" version of the Hebrew language, it's just written in english words for Americans to read and understand.
We all like to read things in our language not.
and not all words will interpret exact with any language, this is widely known.
the Hebrew word for God is YHWH (no vowels) the english word for YHWH is "God".
so why the JWs are so stuck on Jehovah doesn't add up
Yahweh is a lot closer to the original, and it makes sense to add vowels not.
Good for you! Haha

I'm not a morning person at all.. Lol

Ok.

Well.. To be honest I prefer using the ESV version..:-)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Open Minded Bible Student wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you have good REM sleep.

When one is active. Proper rest take on even more added significance.

The only way the body sufficiently recovers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

El cacique wrote:
<quoted text>It sounds like you have good REM sleep.
When one is active. Proper rest take on even more added significance.
The only way the body sufficiently recovers.
Depends...

I get anything between 3-10 hours of sleep.. Some nights are good .. Some nights are horrible..

I'm quite active.. Working 40-60 hours a week.. Go to the gym 3-6 days a week..(Rotate every 3 weeks)

That is true.. 8-10 hours is the best rest time!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oceania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga 6 min No Surprise 10,932
Migration boom hits 11-year high 8 min beatlesinthebog 35
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 shot down over Uk... 8 min Fascists in east 1,040
War Indonesia vs Australia, Who will win? - Topix (Jan '11) 6 hr Mileage 4,606
Suicide rate 'horrific' Fri New Zealand sucks 1
Asia-born residents out-live native Australians... Thu RESISTANCE IS FUTILE 4
It's time to fire up, Australia Thu Toilet 1

Search the Oceania Forum:
•••