Slamming the door on Jehovah Witness Cult et al.

She is an apostate, which sounds like a strange disease, and in many ways it is.

Full Story

“GOD'S TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

A SMALL VILLAGE IN UPSTATE NY

#1129 Apr 26, 2013
The Watchtower gives precedence to the name Jehovah's Witnesses based on Isaiah 43:10 in favor of the wealth of New Testament guidance to be "witnesses of me" (Acts 1:8)- Christ Jesus.

Luke 24:46-48 "In this way it is written that the Christ would suffer and rise from among the dead on the third day, and on the basis of his name repentance for forgiveness of sins would be preached in all the nations-starting out from Jerusalem, YOU are to be witnesses of these things."

Acts 10:43 "To him all the prophets bear witness, that everyone putting faith in him gets forgiveness of sins through his name."

Hebrews 12:1-2 " we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, as we look intently at the Chief Agent and Perfecter of our faith, Jesus."

Revelation 17:6 " the witnesses of Jesus."

Little by little, further effort to shift attention from Jesus to Jehovah was made by the WT spiritual leaders in March 1939, when the Watchtower and Herald of Christ's Kingdom was renamed The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom.

Since one of the outstanding features of the NWT is their abundant usage of the word Jehovah, how can they elsewhere admit that Yahweh is the more correct way to render God's name?

While inclining to view the pronunciation "Yah.weh" as the more correct way, we have retained the form "Jehovah" because of people's familiarity with it since the 14th century.

Why then did the NWT forfeit accuracy to use the word Jehovah, which began to be used in the 14th century? Their answer is because of people's familiarity with it. That is another way of saying that they have upheld the traditions of man's inventions since the 14th century at the expense of truth and accuracy, which they knew about. Notice how many times this was done in the NWT:

It has been done, using the commonly accepted English form "Jehovah" 6,973 times in the Hebrews Scriptures and 237 times in the Christian Greek Scriptures.

How can the NWT claim that Jehovah is the restoration of the divine name to its rightful place in the English text, since they openly admit Yahweh is more correct?

Shouldn't they rather have stated that knowingly they have omitted the more correct name for God, that is Yahweh, and substituted a different name which began to be used in the 14th century -- Jehovah. Furthermore, how can they claim that God's name Jehovah should be vindicated? Clearly, we can now see there has been major mind manipulation going on within the confines of the WT organization.
buck

AOL

#1130 Apr 26, 2013
little lamb wrote:
All scripture is inspired of God, beneficial for teaching reproving and setting matters straight..
And the KJV of the scriptures and many other English translations have Jehovah God pronounced in English in the Holy scriptures
So people have the choice, to use the name Jehovah as is writen in the holy scriptures ..or believe the words of unholy men..and women, who contradict the written word.
you quoted the wrong english dialect for that opening scripture whoops and besides I already quoted that scripture the correct way another duh
(yeah from second Timothy 3:16)
and it's you and every other JW that believe the words of "unholy" men duh like your false leaders who brought about false teachings.
you all just don't get it, why the Bible was translated to english words. no you don't because you wouldn't question the King James version Bible.
and there was no problem with the King James Bible
not until the JWs came along in the 1930's and the mormons who added a book of do's and don'ts in the
middles 1850's. and that is how many years after the Bible was translated to english? well the first english translation actually began in 1500's but first english dialect printed in 1611 (if I remember it right) which was the King James Bible.:)
buck

AOL

#1131 Apr 26, 2013
Lifes Too Short wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my!
Red is my favorite color buck ,I did at one time own a red car but no red truck ...lol..
LOL and I must add another LOL :)
buck

AOL

#1132 Apr 26, 2013
Lifes Too Short wrote:
<quoted text>
I was involved with the dangerous cult jws for over 10 years then I wised up and then left ....
yeah been there too, I was involved with a cult when I was young, dumb and very naive.:(
less than a year I saw the light,
oh how good God is :)
they preached from the Bible but had their own agenda
they sang their own songs, never familiar hymns
odd huh
glad you wised up and life :)
buck

AOL

#1133 Apr 26, 2013
yeah a lot of mind playing games with the JWs I agree Nedoba and your post 1129
they dont' know a name from a title themselves.
you can't zero in on one name for God.
he has many names, if they (JWs) were educated enough to read LOL
and besides, "I Am" was the first name known and given to Moses.
just in the same fashion how God reveals himself to people. a burning bush,
or he sends angels, he speaks through an animal like a donkey. he became a man -
Jesus the express image of the Father God
buck

AOL

#1134 Apr 26, 2013
buck wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah been there too, I was involved with a cult when I was young, dumb and very naive.:(
less than a year I saw the light,
oh how good God is :)
they preached from the Bible but had their own agenda
they sang their own songs, never familiar hymns
odd huh
glad you wised up and life :)
oh well you know I meant to say "and left" lol
buck

AOL

#1135 Apr 26, 2013
well now it's clear why this little Aussie lamb didn't reply to most of my posts to her, she is definitely a JW.
funny how the King James english dialect translation is a problem but not the revised english JW New World Translation
yeah another one to go figure lol
buck

AOL

#1136 Apr 26, 2013
I cheated on dinner lol
I stopped by walmart and had a deli platter still yummmy :)
the mac & cheese was fresh & hot
my door was saved today no slams lmao
buck

AOL

#1137 Apr 26, 2013
ain't it funny this topic is about slamming the door to the JW cult lit they excessively sell door to door.
they insist on your time when they come by, they are rude and do not quietly leave when asked politely to leave.
and why don't they just leave when they are asked politely, instead of being so persistent and rude.
now every JW dives further into explaining their revised bible version known as the New World Translation, it's not even a "Bible" yeah go figure that.
The King James is the first known english printed "Bible". way before any JW BS lit crap was seen or heard.
buck

AOL

#1138 Apr 26, 2013
oh btw here's another issue to bring about, if JWs are so positively sure they have truth to sell door to door.
why is it that many have left their ridiculous cult over the years. the cult they claim is growing high in numbers.
and why do people without number slam the door to their non sense.
and those wise enough to leave them have found great truth to much satisfaction:)

“You REALLY believe that???”

Since: Oct 07

Seattle, WA

#1139 Apr 26, 2013
Bucky- very few are arrogant enough to slam doors like you; they usually now just Hide.

Many leave because of bad examples- or temptations they give in to.

Why?

“You REALLY believe that???”

Since: Oct 07

Seattle, WA

#1140 Apr 26, 2013
What cult are YOU a part of?
buck

AOL

#1141 Apr 26, 2013
and yes the Jehovah Witnesses are a cult
they do nothing but exploit & control its members on what they can say and do.
they have strange beliefs almost if not sinister.they not only manipulate their own members but try to manipulate others
into their deceitful web of lies by their coercion.
Jehovah Witnesses are a small religious group that will speak spurious comments to provoke others into conversation only to trap them.
and they want people to believe they are Jesus' true witnesses for the last days
are they kidding LOL
Jesus spoke words of wisdom, he didn't have to use enticing words to trap people into the truth of God's word.
buck

AOL

#1142 Apr 26, 2013
hey mad JW which I have no doubt you are lol
it doesn't take arrogance to slam a door lol
it takes a hand lol
if you all would quit peddling JW bs door to door maybe the slamming would cease to exist LOL huh
and I am wise enough unlike you, not to be part of any cult, yeah so eat it up lol
buck

AOL

#1143 Apr 26, 2013
the Mad JW wrote:
Bucky- very few are arrogant enough to slam doors like you; they usually now just Hide.
Many leave because of bad examples- or temptations they give in to.
Why?
you're the first to admit that JWs have bad examples
but many of us know that already lol
you don't think others wise up to the reality that the JW is a cult, some have already admitted this as their reason for leaving you all.
and why would people want to hide from you all?
yeah go figure that one lol
The Iron Dictator

Crna Gora, Montenegro

#1144 Apr 26, 2013
the Mad JW wrote:
I am against Jewish Lies...
wft

Schaumburg, IL

#1146 Apr 26, 2013
the Mad JW wrote:
Are you talking to a mirror?
immigrantsoncrac k

Botany, Australia

#1147 Apr 26, 2013
buck wrote:
<quoted text>
you're the first to admit that JWs have bad examples
but many of us know that already lol
you don't think others wise up to the reality that the JW is a cult, some have already admitted this as their reason for leaving you all.
and why would people want to hide from you all?
yeah go figure that one lol
You are wasting your time and energy talking to those indoctrinated into any type of Cult. They are beyond objective thinking and anybody speaking against their beloved cult are merely viewed as the non believers or the enemy.

“Close enough”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1148 Apr 26, 2013
bible observer wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they are incorrect using the misspelled name of god.The original YHVH should be used at all times my friend..
why? cause you say so?
bible scholar

Schaumburg, IL

#1149 Apr 26, 2013
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>why? cause you say so?
Well if your name was bob and you were proud of your name wouldnt it bother you if folks started calling you Shit-for-brains?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 52 min uiha 13,524
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 shot down over Uk... 1 hr Neville Thompson 1,125
Australia reveals 12 asylum-seeker boats... 5 hr NZ worse than ISIS 1
Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour ... 5 hr NZ worse than ISIS 1
'Blown away ... that bastard was dead' 6 hr Literate Fellow 9
New Zealand Jihadist Wants to Leave Syria. Ther... 6 hr Sand Man 7
'Snowden may well be right': New Zealand PM doe... 7 hr Sand Man 5
•••

Oceania People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE