It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments
102,861 - 102,880 of 103,234 Comments Last updated Jun 22, 2014
Anonymous

Flinders, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

John Howard wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I saw it on TV. It's called Disneyland. Everyone all holds hands and sings Kumbyah, No-one ever dies and the mayor's name is Bambi.
Australia HAS ruled against guns so start packing twit.
So why do I still own a gun license??? Get your facts straight! Bambi. I am talking about total disownership. I agree there is no need for some weapons here, but hinting licenses are legit.
Anonymous

Flinders, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

K man wrote:
<quoted text>Its always the leftist gay rights and pro-pedophile losers out there that are against anyone owning a gun.
Too right!!! And the ones who go ape and kill everybody are products of these sorts- the criminally insane, insane or Islamic Muslims wackos. Its not our fault the government here can't assess sane people to own guns, it theirs, so why do we good gun owners in Australia have to suffer. If they rule out A and B class (Hunting) licenses here in Oz, I'm coming to the US!
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

just an allusion wrote:
Fact of the matter is that throughout the entire debate on this issue, both here and everywhere else as well, there has not been one legitimate or justifiable reason not to enact and enforce the background checks, firearm registration, reduction in magazine capacity, and/or any other aspect of the revised gun law provisions, that is, other than some manufactured, wholly baseless paranoia or the ill-informed ramblings of the delusionally minded, so I see no reason at all whatsoever why we cannot move forward with instituting the provisions...none!
Incorrect.
Sure, you can enact such an unconstitutional writ.
You will be wholly incapable of and helpless to enforce it however.

Your proposal is not a move forward. It is a move backward, and history has consistantly proved it whenever and whereever it has already been tried Mr. Allusion.

When you see a baby chick and a cat lying down together, the cat is not declawed and defanged. It is a mutual respect and understanding. You insist on debeaking and despurring the chick, when the chick is the prey to begin with.
Anonymous

Flinders, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>I own guns, I am aware what's involved in buying a gun....but thank you!
Your sexy!

Imagine US living in peace :) Ahhh...
antiguns

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition have been seized in Sorrento and Waikiki after joint operations between the Australian Customs and Border Protection Service (ACBPS) and WA Police.

Investigations into the Sorrento incident began when Customs officers at the Sydney International Mail Facility accepted an accessory for a Glock semi-automatic handgun posted from Israel.

They passed the information on to WA Police, who found the 50-year-old recipient was the holder of a WA firearms licence.

On Tuesday, August 22, Customs officers, detector dog teams and the WA Police Licensing Compliance Unit, executed search warrants at a home in Sorrento.

It will be alleged the following items were located and seized:

1 x SKS assault rifle; 1 x handgun; 1 x 15 round magazine; 1 x air pistol; 4 x rifles; 1 x double barrel shotgun; 1 x air rifle; 1 x replica handgun; 1 x folding stock, 1 x telescopic stock, 1 x crossbow; 7 x laser pointers; 4,703 round of ammunition including 886 rounds suitable for the SKS assault rifle and 2,019 rounds of 9mm ammunition.

In a separate incident, Customs officers found the alleged illegal importation of a firearm part at the Melbourne International Mail Facility.

The item, a part designed for an assault rifle, had been posted from the United States and was destined for an address in Waikiki, occupied by a 37-year-old man.

The information was passed on to WA police who found he held a firearms license.
antiguns

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

On Tuesday September, 10, Customs officers, a detector dog team and the WA Police Licensing Compliance Unit, executed a search warrant at a residence in Waikiki.

It will be alleged the following items were located and seized: 1 x SKS assault rifle (located in a vehicle parked at the residence) with 1 x loaded 30 round magazine; 1 x crossbow with bolts; 5 x rifles; 1 x electric shock device; 2 x bayonets; 2 x daggers; 1 x balaclava; 891 rounds of ammunition, including 388 rounds suitable for the SKS assault rifle.

Detective Inspector Dale Davies from the WA Police Licensing Enforcement Division said he was concerned that such dangerous weapons were available and accessible for use.

"The weapons seized in both operations are not toys, they are highly dangerous weapons that can cause significant damage and loss of life in the wrong hands," he said.

"This is a great result for the community, and highlights the frontline efforts at both a national and state level to intercept and seize dangerous weapons intended for our streets."

ACBPS spokesman Rod O'Donnell says the detection highlighted the importance of strong cooperation between federal and state law enforcement partners.

"Investigations by Customs and Border Protection have again stopped an illegal shipment of dangerous weapons reaching Australian streets," he said.

"By cooperating with our WA Police partners we've kept WA safer from the potential scourge of gun crime.

"The charges these men may face are a stark warning to others that illegal importation of firearms and firearms parts is taken very seriously by Customs and Border Protection. "

The seizures have triggered an automatic review of the firearm licences held by both men and whether they are fit and proper to hold a license.

Anyone with information on the illegal firearms trade is urged to contact Customs Watch on 1800 06 1800 or Crimestoppers on 1800 333 000 where information can be provided anonymously.
gunfreezoneau

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

good work wrote:
<quoted text> Get lost loser. If anyone sees a gun out there than keep your mouth shut. Let the police do their own dirty work.
according to australian government australian people can't own guns because they prisoners to british redcoats
weak Piss-Ant Limey

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Bad Touch wrote:
<quoted text>Really ?
are you anglo albino aka british red coat?
Napoleon

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

weak Piss-Ant Limey wrote:
<quoted text>are you anglo albino aka british red coat?
Are you a big black man that sleeps with all our Indian women? Its ok because we Indians prefer guys anyway.
weak Piss-Ant Limey

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Napoleon wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a big black man that sleeps with all our Indian women? Its ok because we Indians prefer guys anyway.
new zealand is controled by british albinos you sux
Hi Im Indian

Allahabad, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Can someone help me ? I just went to a house with a toilet and I dont know what to do. Does the toilet have a users manual ?
Hi Im Indian

Allahabad, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Muay Thai Champs wrote:
<quoted text>I do not know, I am white and we just recently learned how to bathe and wipe.
I have been spending many an hour at the public toilets watching people but I just cant get the hang of it.
Punching for Justice

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

The Australian military and police are well known for murdering aboriginals. Antiguns is actually a police officer and was charged for murder of a family of aborigines. He was acquitted, however, and now hides under proxies to avoid revenge by aborigines and human rights groups.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Muay Thai Champs wrote:
<quoted text>You're right. The Mexicans killing people with guns do not count.
Guns are basically illegal here

But you can buy them dirt cheap on the street

A M16 in new condition can be bought for about 10,000 pesos
A beat up AK is around 2,000 pesos

But for me to get a permit for a 40 s&w took years and 10,000 dollars. Then I had to pay just under 10,000 pesos to buy the gun in Mexico City

So how did gun control work here??
hmmmmm

Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Australian police shoot people all the time and all the person has knife yet nobody jumps up and down and calls for police to hand in their guns.
World Traveler

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

I got a sling shot and a bow with arrows and I can get on a plane with all three.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>What's even MORE odd is when people try to attribute gun laws to the actual GUN, and not the people. I think most people are well aware that guns don't go on killing sprees themselves. The POINT is that people USE those guns to go on killing spees and kill dozens of people in seconds with the mere pull of a finger.
It's the tool used.
<quoted text>Can you be specific of the "violence" and "degradation" you claim the "Liberals" produce daily? Maybe you meant foxnews, and hate radio?
<quoted text>Let me educate you! An embryo is not a "child"...and those violent republicans have no problem with the DEATH PENALTY or sghooting someone on their property for trespassing, lol...no value of life there...eh?
BUT, what is ironic is that the gun nuts feel their right to a GUN is un-infringible, but hey have NO problem with taking away a persons right to their OWN BODY!
Oh, the hypocrisy!
<quoted text>Kinda like when gun nuts shoot people for trespassing!
Got it!
<quoted text>
Lie^ Dumb^ ignorance^
There is, at no specific point, between conception....

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/...

... and the entity's death where it is not human. The point at which YOU would decide on whether it is a "child", or not, is irrelevant. At the very moment the DNA is done shuffling the "embryo" has become a unique, one-of-a-kind entity whose physical signature(DNA) is unlike any other creature's in the universe. "That" is called having an identity, in other words, BEING an individual. Forcefully and deliberately destroying a human individual is murder, no matter what excuses you make to the contrary.

How wonderful for you that your birth was not an unbearable burden to your own mother. Why is it so important to you to begrudge other innocents of their life?

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Hi Im Indian wrote:
<quoted text>I have been spending many an hour at the public toilets watching people but I just cant get the hang of it.
Run if you see George Michael in there!
Auntie Dote

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There is, at no specific point, between conception....
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/...
... and the entity's death where it is not human. The point at which YOU would decide on whether it is a "child", or not, is irrelevant. At the very moment the DNA is done shuffling the "embryo" has become a unique, one-of-a-kind entity whose physical signature(DNA) is unlike any other creature's in the universe. "That" is called having an identity, in other words, BEING an individual. Forcefully and deliberately destroying a human individual is murder, no matter what excuses you make to the contrary.
How wonderful for you that your birth was not an unbearable burden to your own mother. Why is it so important to you to begrudge other innocents of their life?
Your attempting conversation with a stin kholec un t, known for avoiding the truth like the plague.

Don't waste your time.

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

72 killed resisting gun confiscation in Boston.

http://dudgeohpolitics.wordpress.com/2013/06/...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••