It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,368

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story
Flash26

United States

#110117 Aug 15, 2013
amazed wrote:
Some idiotic nra member said it wouldnt have happened if all the students had guns. Try tell me that aint brainless.
Some idiotic administration official said "and what does it matter now" about four dead americans. You know who teh idiotic person was but I do not know who your idiotic NRA person was. It is easy to substantiate your argument with baseless references I guess your idiotic nra could have been a gun control advocate who used to be a member of teh nra or had a NRA baseball cap. Names and dates please otherwise you are as idiotic as your reference.
Auntie Dote

Hatfield, UK

#110119 Aug 17, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
You are, of course, entitled to your opinion no matter how misguided ...
How's that ObamaCocko, Spocko?

Does it taste good?

:-))
truth

Perth, Australia

#110120 Aug 17, 2013
in this city nothing exist
evil is evil

i don't care whats evil people try set up
certainly they are as evil as they are..

Riverside, NJ

#110121 Aug 17, 2013
Cars are equipped with anti-theft ignitions, why shouldn't guns have some kind of computer chip in them that disables the gun without a "key." Maybe cops can wear a ring that matches the gun so they can't be used against them during a struggle.
Auntie Dote

Hatfield, UK

#110122 Aug 17, 2013
truth wrote:
in this city nothing exist
evil is evil
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =eajuMYNYtuYXX
i don't care whats evil people try set up
certainly they are as evil as they are..
You wouldn't know 'evil' even if you were being severely buggered by it!

truth

Perth, Australia

#110123 Aug 17, 2013
yep drugers,,volicepolicenevolice. .no

by

i am ok
Auntie Dote

Hatfield, UK

#110124 Aug 17, 2013
truth wrote:
yep drugers,,volicepolicenevolice. .no
by
i am ok
Yeah, and you 'sound' as such too ...
truth

Perth, Australia

#110125 Aug 17, 2013
no..i am not
i never used drugs in my life.
by
n
no parking par;king
Donald Trump

Podgorica, Montenegro

#110126 Aug 17, 2013
Gun Rights now!!
FormerParatroope r

United States

#110127 Aug 17, 2013
Guest wrote:
Cars are equipped with anti-theft ignitions, why shouldn't guns have some kind of computer chip in them that disables the gun without a "key." Maybe cops can wear a ring that matches the gun so they can't be used against them during a struggle.
What you are suggesting is the use of a RFID device?

That works well in movies, but in the situation you outline, the owner will still be shot. The doing would still be in proximity. Other issues are RF interference, battery life( what if it fails when you need it ) and a host of other occurrences in that are covered in RF theory.

There is a market, the technology has a long way to go to be reliable.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#110128 Aug 17, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Where exactly am I misguided? Let's get the substance here.
Huh? Where, exactly, are you NOT misguided? All your misguided posts are based entirely on misguided right-wing ideology instead of verifiable, real world facts!!
spocko

Oakland, CA

#110129 Aug 17, 2013
Donald Trump wrote:
Gun Rights now!!
Huh? And what's the 2nd - chicken feed?
FormerParatroope r

Spartanburg, SC

#110130 Aug 17, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Where, exactly, are you NOT misguided? All your misguided posts are based entirely on misguided right-wing ideology instead of verifiable, real world facts!!
You have stated this already. Take any point I have made, and show where it is misguided. Prove me wrong, with your real world verifiable facts.
Auntie Dote

Hatfield, UK

#110131 Aug 18, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how does that ObamaCock taste, sweetie?

Auntie Dote

Hatfield, UK

#110132 Aug 18, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? And what's the 2nd - chicken feed?
Does that ObamaCock taste like 'chicken feed?'

spocko

Oakland, CA

#110134 Aug 18, 2013
Auntie Dote wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how does that ObamaCock taste, sweetie?
LOL .. Tastes like chicken :-)
Just wondering

Oakland, CA

#110135 Aug 18, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
You have stated this already. Take any point I have made, and show where it is misguided. Prove me wrong, with your real world verifiable facts.
I have absolutely no intention of getting into a pissing match with any of you semi-retarded right-wingnuz. Your propaganda machinery has fabricated a whole alternative knowledge system or alternate reality with its own facts, its own history, its own laws of economics. Outside the system, President Obama - whatever his policy errors - is a figure of imposing intellect and dignity. Within the system, hes a pitiful nothing, unable to speak without a teleprompter, an affirmative-action phony and doomed to inevitable defeat. You are fooling no one, just look how the misguided GOP leadership is falling apart amidst their dim-witted lies and spectacular incompetence!!
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#110136 Aug 18, 2013
Just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I have absolutely no intention of getting into a pissing match with any of you semi-retarded right-wingnuz. Your propaganda machinery has fabricated a whole alternative knowledge system or alternate reality with its own facts, its own history, its own laws of economics. Outside the system, President Obama - whatever his policy errors - is a figure of imposing intellect and dignity. Within the system, hes a pitiful nothing, unable to speak without a teleprompter, an affirmative-action phony and doomed to inevitable defeat. You are fooling no one, just look how the misguided GOP leadership is falling apart amidst their dim-witted lies and spectacular incompetence!!
Imposing intellect and dignity? LOL

If we don't deepen our ports along the gulf, places like Charleston, SC, Savannah, Ga, Jacksonville, FL, if we don't do this, ships will go someplace else, we'll lose jobs.

We're widening the Panama canal. Yes, the man is an academic genius, LOL. Only a moron could think this idiot is smart.

Putin is smacking him around like the rookie he is. LOL
spocko

Oakland, CA

#110137 Aug 18, 2013
Auntie Dote wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that ObamaCock taste like 'chicken feed?'
Your obsession with the Obama-cock is alarming ... to put it mildly!
truth

Perth, Australia

#110138 Aug 18, 2013
http://www.shot-net.com/ParanormalTrax/FL.apa...

you evil doctor with grablje is there in hospital..
is still horifajing people and giving everybody need to be mental..

bless salt good for you evil people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 5 min MAYKiN yew WAIR ... 26,755
Australian PM urged to go easy on refugees afte... 39 min Fooroy 4
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) 1 hr tongangodz 1,965
Nothing Common about stunning slice of history 19 hr Lovely bunch of c... 10
Jewish leaders pan Australian lawmakers' attemp... Wed The Awakener 44
How Sydney hostage tragedy changes Australia Wed HARDcoreDRILN 4
Papuan bishop decries witch hunts, violence aga... Wed Catholic Girl 4
More from around the web