It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,368

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story
crawfish

United States

#108336 May 27, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
A waste of good alcohol.:-) I wonder how much CO2 is produced if you drink it.:-)
Hey teaman, sorry I didn't respond to your earlier post, for some reason I never saw it until now. Anyway, have you ever seen that doc. on popcorn sutton? He was a real character for sure, lol.
I remember when I first tried moonshine. I was about 18 and was trying to be a he-man. After all, it looked just like water, how bad could it be? So, I turned up a jar (fruit jar of course) and took and swallowed a huge mouth full. MISTAKE!!! lol But, I still get some from time to time, and now, you can make your own if you use it for fuel. I don't have a still yet, but, it could be interesting. LOL

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#108337 May 27, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
We're agreeing too much lately. I'll need to sit down and have some more water. I'm feeling a little faint.:-)
The laws are there. Law enforcement isn't or they are overwhelmed with "piss weak" jail terms and plea bargains that put these people back on the streets.
Your right the laws are already there to enforce if they want too but no its cheaper to turn the Wild Animals(Criminals)loose back in the streets of society than to incarcerate them and the Animals(criminals) know it just look at California who released a bunch prior and are talking about releasing even more because the Federal Court says they have to because of overcrowding and living conditions which is BS because they made a bad decision that caused them to be incarcerated and now they want to let them walk.

Calif. gov. bristles at releasing more prisoners

California Governor Jerry Brown is asking the Supreme Court to intervene in a battle over the state's prison population.

A federal court has ruled the state's prison system is over-crowded, and it's ordered thousands of prisoners to be released by the end of the year.

Over the years, California has sent far more criminals to state prisons than it has room for.

California's prisons are built to accommodate 80,000 prisoners, but there are almost 120,000.

"Yeah, but that's because of the way you count," said Jeff Beard, who heads the California prison system.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5758625...
Mike

Carlingford, Australia

#108338 May 27, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps Homosexuality could be promoted along with a one child policy.
The only ones taking ioverpopulation seriously are the Chinese.
Well at some point the Chinese stuffed up with their population control clearly.

Some Asian countries might have low birth rates now, but it hasn't always been like that.

Look at the Philippines, millions of em crammed in on those islands

They don't practice birth control, they're all Catholics and none of em believe in birth control.

It's the Asian countries that have in the past not controlled their populations, same all over the world though.

Middle east and Africa, no birth control Cairo is bursting at the seams with people. Gonna cause problems.

Whities have been practicing birth control for a while, so that's why we don't have the massive overpopulation problems of Asia, middle East and Africa.

It's about making the link between pregnancy and sex.
Which no joke a lot of em hadn't

What I say is you can't make a seaman pie without a few horses. Waltzing Matilda, take a leaf out of that book.

Overpopulation should be taken very seriously. Good on the Chinese for taking action, however if they migrate around the world and take over new places, well that's not really controlling their population.

But all countries should be on board with overpopulation. Bloody irresponsible if they aren't.
Alo

Athens, Greece

#108339 May 27, 2013
Why the F*ck do you sikos keep talking to GoGoBar ? hes the biggest pedophile on topix who has posted numerous sexual posts about small children ?
Clearly you are just as bad as that sicko himself.
GoGoBar

Bangkok, Thailand

#108340 May 27, 2013
Alo wrote:
Why the F*ck do you sikos keep talking to GoGoBar ? hes the biggest pedophile on topix who has posted numerous sexual posts about small children ?
Clearly you are just as bad as that sicko himself.
A post is a post.LOL

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#108342 May 27, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHA. Marine Bar, GI Bar, Cavalry Bar, Soi Cowboy etc.. etc...
You should see the Americanisation of the Sex Industry here. You only have to travel through the Tourist areas.
The arrests for child molestation on the local news is dominated by Brits, Germans and Americans.
LOL. US troops had nothing to do with the perversion of Thailand and the Phillipines. God knows what they did to poor South Vietnam. It is pretty telling when Vietnam ran out of prostitutes and had to import women.
I bet there was always a scramble for the "Fresh Meat"
This afternoon I will ask a Negro Vet that I drink with.
And some sleezy bloody Australian men, or so I've heard, some of them even brought them back here as their wives, till they got wise to our laws and left the scum bags with a good deal of their dosh...justice methinks.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#108344 May 27, 2013
crawfish wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you ms ahomana, I'm not good at finding info like that. I was a little confused at first about the land mass. I always thought it was russia, china, canada, usa; but I noticed usa was 3rd and china 4th, then I thought that maybe they included alaska which would make up the difference. For some reason a lot of studies never include alaska, lol, don't know why.
My pleasure!:)
GoGoBar

Bangkok, Thailand

#108345 May 27, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
And some sleezy bloody Australian men, or so I've heard, some of them even brought them back here as their wives, till they got wise to our laws and left the scum bags with a good deal of their dosh...justice methinks.
Really?
Name one.
GoGoBar

Bangkok, Thailand

#108347 May 27, 2013
Alo wrote:
Notice its not married men, or you single men that live in Thailand, its always the dirty fat old pigs that have to go to Thailand, the men that women here don't want, so the pathetic old losers take it out on small children in Thailand.
Oh the belly laugh. Do some more.HAHAHA

Of course you "Noticed" this phenomenum from where?
Aaaahhh, the reflection in your computer screen.

LOL. A post is a post I suppose.

Since: Feb 13

United States

#108348 May 28, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Shock, horror! The US is not as pure as the driven snow. It looks like the USA colonies took sex slavery to a whole new level!
Legally!
The sexual abuse of slaves was partially rooted in a patriarchal Southern culture which treated all women, black and white, as property or chattel.
The rape of slaves was also motivated by the wish to increase the slave population, particularly after the 1808 federal ban on the importation of slaves, and in light of competition in cotton production from western states.
Beginning in 1662, Southern colonies and states adopted into law the principle of partus sequitur ventrem, by which children of slave women took the status of their mothers, regardless of the father's identity.
Slave breeding refers to a set of coercive policies aimed at increasing the population of slaves, including coerced sexual relations between male and female slaves.
Some female slaves called "fancy maids" were sold at auction into concubinage or prostitution, which was termed the "fancy trade".
fancy trade
Many female slaves, called "fancy maids", were sold at auction into concubinage or prostitution, which was termed the "fancy trade."
slave breeding
Slave breeding in the United States were those practices of slave ownership that aimed to influence the reproduction of slaves in order to increase the wealth of slaveholders
Damn you nutcase. That was 400 years ago, and no one said our nation didn't have a bad path. BTW, slavery was in thailand too, hell, it still is. Cant you debate about present?
Tell ya what, let's just call it quits.
Just as some poster said earlier. Why the hell are we talking to a child molestor in a child molestor nation tht condones such behavior?
I'm finished with you.
You aren't worth my time.
Go ahead and molest children, go ahead and justify a nation of perverts and modern slavery, you fit right in.
I never thought I'd see anyone lower then a muslam, but you, well, you're as low as a snakes belly in a wagon rut. As far as I'm concerned you and your perverts and your pervert nation can burn in hell.
Someday, you'll get what is coming your way, and it wont be pretty. You may think you're getting away with harming children, but life has a way of settleing things, and you have a huge bill to pay. Enjoy your perverted lifestyle while you can, freak.
GoGoBar

Bangkok, Thailand

#108350 May 28, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>Damn you nutcase. That was 400 years ago, and no one said our nation didn't have a bad path. BTW, slavery was in thailand too, hell, it still is. Cant you debate about present?
Tell ya what, let's just call it quits.
Just as some poster said earlier. Why the hell are we talking to a child molestor in a child molestor nation tht condones such behavior?
I'm finished with you.
You aren't worth my time.
Go ahead and molest children, go ahead and justify a nation of perverts and modern slavery, you fit right in.
I never thought I'd see anyone lower then a muslam, but you, well, you're as low as a snakes belly in a wagon rut. As far as I'm concerned you and your perverts and your pervert nation can burn in hell.
Someday, you'll get what is coming your way, and it wont be pretty. You may think you're getting away with harming children, but life has a way of settleing things, and you have a huge bill to pay. Enjoy your perverted lifestyle while you can, freak.
Your declaration of surrender is accepted.

Do you actually think I brought this bulshit subject up?

Idiot. I just made it run it's logical course.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#108352 May 28, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Name one.
Probably your father for one.

Since: Feb 13

United States

#108353 May 28, 2013
Alo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hes not surrendering you absurd pedophile retard, he is just doing what everyone including me should do which is not talking to a sick dirty lowlife child molesting scum bag like you.
Exactly! Thank you.

Since: Feb 13

United States

#108354 May 28, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably your father for one.
Oh no! You did not go there! You just burned her ass! LOL :)

Since: Feb 13

United States

#108355 May 28, 2013
My bad. you just burned 'its' ass.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#108356 May 28, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text> Oh no! You did not go there! You just burned her ass! LOL :)
It is probably true though, she reckons she's an Aussie, just doesn't say how and she does live in Thailand? LOL....
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#108357 May 28, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Your right the laws are already there to enforce if they want too but no its cheaper to turn the Wild Animals(Criminals)loose back in the streets of society than to incarcerate them and the Animals(criminals) know it just look at California who released a bunch prior and are talking about releasing even more because the Federal Court says they have to because of overcrowding and living conditions which is BS because they made a bad decision that caused them to be incarcerated and now they want to let them walk.
Calif. gov. bristles at releasing more prisoners
California Governor Jerry Brown is asking the Supreme Court to intervene in a battle over the state's prison population.
A federal court has ruled the state's prison system is over-crowded, and it's ordered thousands of prisoners to be released by the end of the year.
Over the years, California has sent far more criminals to state prisons than it has room for.
California's prisons are built to accommodate 80,000 prisoners, but there are almost 120,000.
"Yeah, but that's because of the way you count," said Jeff Beard, who heads the California prison system.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5758625...
Yea, I saw that. California has a habit of doing that. Why have the strictest gun laws in the nation if you're just going to cut them loose. I'll bet many of them don't even belong in the country and are deportable and the fed. doesn't want to cooperate.

Isn't there an empty prison somewhere, I think in Idaho? Why doesn't California farm them out?

The corrections system is a joke in some places. Did you see this? Four corrections officers, showered with gifts, were impregnated by an incarcerated gang leader.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57581237/...

Or this. Loaded gun, beer drinking, gambling by prison inmates, in prison! The gun and the beer is toward the end after a boring crap game. Shooting up drugs in the beginning.



That'll set Ahomana off, LOL.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#108358 May 28, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I saw that. California has a habit of doing that. Why have the strictest gun laws in the nation if you're just going to cut them loose. I'll bet many of them don't even belong in the country and are deportable and the fed. doesn't want to cooperate.
Isn't there an empty prison somewhere, I think in Idaho? Why doesn't California farm them out?
The corrections system is a joke in some places. Did you see this? Four corrections officers, showered with gifts, were impregnated by an incarcerated gang leader.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57581237/...
Or this. Loaded gun, beer drinking, gambling by prison inmates, in prison! The gun and the beer is toward the end after a boring crap game. Shooting up drugs in the beginning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hdnb8B55IQ8XX
That'll set Ahomana off, LOL.
Your right California could farm out some the convicted felons they have incarcerated to others states instead of releasing them in a state that has strict gun control laws because I know here in Indiana, the State took some of Arizona's convicted felons and incarcerated them here because of not having enough prison space in Arizona but no I never seen that article where the prison guards got impregnated by that incarcerated gang leader besides Two of the women tattooed the incarcerated gang leader's name on their bodies and he showered three of them with expensive gifts including cars and jewelry and those guards should be executed for that unethical professional conduct which is just as bad of what happened in Chicago with the police who were caught being involved in criminal activity with the Chicago Street Gangs which is why I pro gun & prefer to trust myself with protecting myself versus some people who are willing of putting their faith in the police only which I know I am not corrupt when it comes to my own personal well being beside it would curious to know just how many innocent people have died in Chicago because of the corrupt Chicago police being involved in Gang Criminal Activity.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#108359 May 28, 2013
crawfish wrote:
obama has overstepped his authority in so many ways, he is as close to a dictator as he can get without actually being one. But I'm sure his administration is trying to change the laws so he can become one, hence, the gun laws; just to mention a few.
If this had been a white president a call for impeachment would had already been heard in congress, but hey, gotta keep the blacks from rioting, right?
You an historical idiot or make that an IDIOT, the Presidents role and authority is precisely defined by law what you losers are doing is simply repeating idiocies fabricated by GOPer's propaganda machinery. They have fabricated a whole alternative knowledge system or alternate reality with its own facts, its own history, its own laws of economics. Outside the system, President Obama - whatever his policy errors - is a figure of imposing intellect and dignity. Within the system, he’s a pitiful nothing, unable to speak without a teleprompter, an affirmative-action phony doomed to inevitable defeat...We used to say “You’re entitled to your own opinion, but not to your own facts. Now we are all entitled to our own facts, and conservative media use this right to immerse their audience in a total environment of pseudo-facts and pretend information. The GOP has detached from reality!
thatsfunny

United States

#108360 May 28, 2013
Spoko, you're from california, right?
That explains a lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 5 min Wanderer2452 26,726
Australian PM urged to go easy on refugees afte... 2 hr Dutch expat 1
Nothing Common about stunning slice of history 11 hr Lovely bunch of c... 10
Jewish leaders pan Australian lawmakers' attemp... 19 hr The Awakener 44
How Sydney hostage tragedy changes Australia 19 hr HARDcoreDRILN 4
Papuan bishop decries witch hunts, violence aga... Wed Catholic Girl 4
Manus Island detainees in sex video, PNG MP claims (Dec '13) Wed zerox sam 30
More from around the web