It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,368

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#107062 May 8, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Run-off-the-mill-stupid-talkin g-points ..
If gun-control is so useless, according to you friggen gunloons, why then is it that not a single crime is ever committed with a machine gun ever since they were strictly regulated in 1934 and 1986 respectively? The ATF keeps track of machine-gun owners. Owners cannot be felons, must be a U.S. citizen or legally residing in the United States. They also have to provide to authorities the exact address of the gun storage and the owner and must be amenable to in-person visits by inspectors. A six-month waiting period is also a serious deterrent to criminals.
Then how come my friends, which have owned MACHINE GUNS, CANNON, and various other DESTRUCTIVE DEVICES. And some of them for well over TWENTY YEARS. Have NEVER ha a visit from the BATF? It's NOT about the "safety", it's about the MONEY, dunce.

San Jose, CA.

#107063 May 8, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
If gun-control is so useless, according to you friggen gunloons, why then is it that not a single crime is ever committed with a machine gun ever since they were strictly regulated in 1934 and 1986 respectively? The ATF keeps track of machine-gun owners. Owners cannot be felons, must be a U.S. citizen or legally residing in the United States. They also have to provide to authorities the exact address of the gun storage and the owner and must be amenable to in-person visits by inspectors. A six-month waiting period is also a serious deterrent to criminals.
Do you have ANY idea how expensive it is to shoot a machine gun? Or how long it takes to load a magazine? Or to clean it after firing, so that it will keep functioning correctly? Or how difficult it is to find parts for them anymore? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Criminals don't use machine guns, because they are a MAJOR PAIN to fire and maintain. And criminals are criminals because they are to LAZY to work.

Find another talking 'point', traitor.
spocko is a dork

UK

#107064 May 8, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have ANY idea how expensive it is to shoot a machine gun? Or how long it takes to load a magazine? Or to clean it after firing, so that it will keep functioning correctly? Or how difficult it is to find parts for them anymore? Yeah, I didn't think so.
Criminals don't use machine guns, because they are a MAJOR PAIN to fire and maintain. And criminals are criminals because they are to LAZY to work.
spocko is a dork.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#107065 May 8, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know that because you are criminal? An M-16 machine gun is light weight, easily maintained and super easy to fire. You f-ing gunloon should know that!

San Jose, CA.

#107066 May 8, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know that because you are criminal? An M-16 machine gun is light weight, easily maintained and super easy to fire. You f-ing gunloon should know that!
"Super easy" eh? THEN YOU HAVE OBVIOUSLY NEVER CLEANED ONE CORRECTLY. Take a hike, you treasonous pos.
spocko is a dork

UK

#107067 May 8, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Whistle while you work,
spocko is a jerk,
Obama-eeny bit his weenie
Now it does not work!!!!
:-))
LBer

Long Beach, CA

#107068 May 8, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Super easy" eh? THEN YOU HAVE OBVIOUSLY NEVER CLEANED ONE CORRECTLY. Take a hike, you treasonous pos.
No doubt. We used to take them up into the barracks to clean; weren't supposed to, but the CQ area by the arms room was too boring.
Music and pogey bait while cleaning...

Hourssss of cleaning...
FormerParatroope r

Dalton, GA

#107070 May 8, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Why dont you just admit that your Corporations have fixed the gun agenda and the guns are4 so out of control that the US is stuffed.
The US Citizen in 50 yearts will be living in the equivalent of Somalia.
We dont mind. Just btell us we are stupid for having less vioplence and
37 x less gun murders. and 500% less murders.
That is 3700% more gun murders.
Firearm violence is lower in the US now than it was when the GCA of 1968 was passed. The trend is lower firearm violence, and firearm ownership is the same or higher depending on which poll you believe.

I have only seen one gun get out of control, it was an M60, it was overheated and continued to fire. We broke the ammo belt and it stopped.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#107071 May 8, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes I have and lost count how about you chicken hawk? Most of us both love and hate the M-16, this precise weapon can be your best friend or worst enemy. Mine has never jammed up on me but I remember all to well having to remove a stuck cartridge lodged in the chamber with a metal rod making it look like a Musket. If you want your M16 to treat you right then you have to treat her right. Giving your rifle a quick field cleaning at least once or twice a day is a must on the battle field.
FormerParatroope r

Dalton, GA

#107072 May 8, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Check your facts. A legal, registered MG was used in a crime. A police officer was to blame.

I am not a loon, nor a felon, a criminal or any other derogatory name you wish to cast forth. I do not believe that further gun control measures will work. In fact, after the expansive, and NRA backed Gun Control Act of 1968 was passed, firearm crime increased. The 80's started a decline in those crimes and we are finally back to pre 68 levels.

I want to know when we are going to get serious about the gang issues? The drug fueled gang wars are the largest contributor to firearm violence.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#107073 May 8, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Check your facts. A legal, registered MG was used in a crime. A police officer was to blame.
I am not a loon, nor a felon, a criminal or any other derogatory name you wish to cast forth. I do not believe that further gun control measures will work. In fact, after the expansive, and NRA backed Gun Control Act of 1968 was passed, firearm crime increased. The 80's started a decline in those crimes and we are finally back to pre 68 levels.
I want to know when we are going to get serious about the gang issues? The drug fueled gang wars are the largest contributor to firearm violence.
Im not sure what your point is and Im glad youre not a gunloon. Gun violence has dropped dramatically nationwide over the past two decades, but the fact remains, over three-quarters of all homicides are still committed with a firearm. And most importantly, statistics do not offer any reasons for the decrease in gun violence. Criminologists at the FBI have said that explanations for the decline remain elusive and credit it to modern, highly effective police tactics as well as gang violence that also declined at the same rate.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#107074 May 8, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes I have and lost count how about you chicken hawk? Most of us both love and hate the M-16, this precise weapon can be your best friend or worst enemy. Mine has never jammed up on me but I remember all to well having to remove a stuck cartridge lodged in the chamber with a metal rod making it look like a Musket. If you want your M16 to treat you right then you have to treat her right. Giving your rifle a quick field cleaning at least once or twice a day is a must on the battle field.
You haven't lived until you had to tap out a stuck M-79 round.:)

San Jose, CA.

#107075 May 8, 2013
LBer wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt. We used to take them up into the barracks to clean; weren't supposed to, but the CQ area by the arms room was too boring.
Music and pogey bait while cleaning...
Hourssss of cleaning...
Indeed, and then not to mention lubricating......

San Jose, CA.

#107076 May 8, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not sure ...
Yeah, we know traitor.

Here's something for you LIE-berals to put in your pipes and SMOKE:

"Let me ask attention to an illustration nearer home. The only case in which there has ever existed a real necessity for the interposition of military force to preserve the peace in Massachusetts.(except in the days of 1775, when the PEOPLE TOOK ARMS, to put down the military,) was the "Shay's Rebellion;" and then, gentlemen who glorify the militia must remember the PEOPLE ARMED THEMSELVES to suppress an insurrection headed by a militia officer, with militia men for the mass of his followers.

"Now, Mr. Chairman, gentlemen talk about the necessity of this volunteer militia, in order to prevent mobs in Massachusetts. Let me ask, Sir, how many there are of them? I understand that the whole number is not more than four or five thousand: or at the farthest, we may say seven thousand. Now, can any gentleman seriously suppose that the peace of this whole Commonwealth is preserved by this insignificant body men? Sir, it is the law-abiding, peace-loving, order-preserving citizens of Massachusetts, whom we are indebted for the feeling of which we enjoy."

- Francis W. Bird, June 20, 1853,[OFFICIAL REPORT OF THE DEBATES AND PROCEEDINGS IN THE STATE CONVENTION, ASSEMBLED MAY 4TH, 1853, TO REVISE AND AMEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE Commonwealth of Massachusetts VOLUME SECOND. BOSTON: WHITE
& POTTER, PRINTERS TO THE CONVENTION, 1853.]

Oooooops! There goes the LIE-beral 'militia' theory!

San Jose, CA.

#107077 May 8, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not sure what your point is and Im glad youre not a gunloon. Gun violence has dropped dramatically nationwide over the past two decades, but the fact remains, over three-quarters of all homicides are still committed with a firearm. And most importantly, statistics do not offer any reasons for the decrease in gun violence. Criminologists at the FBI have said that explanations for the decline remain elusive and credit it to modern, highly effective police tactics as well as gang violence that also declined at the same rate.
Not quite, traitor troll. It is DIRECTLY CONNECTED to the FACT that more people are ARMED. The 'gangs' have been DIRECTLY TIED to SEVENTY-FOUR PERCENT OF THE HOMICIDES. And the VAST MAJORITY of those are with STOLEN firearms.

Shove-off, traitor.

San Jose, CA.

#107078 May 8, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Shove off, hypocrite traitor.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#107079 May 8, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shove off, hypocrite traitor.
Clearly, you have a big mouth and a tiny little pecker ain't ya friend? Going to gun shows is not the same as serving in the military but of course you wouldn't know that - chicken hawk.

San Jose, CA.

#107080 May 8, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly, you have a big mouth and a tiny little pecker ain't ya friend? Going to gun shows is not the same as serving in the military but of course you wouldn't know that - chicken hawk.
You are NOT my "friend", traitor-troll. You are a DOMESTIC ENEMY. And the only "military" experience you have is with your G.I. Joe dolls.
ofhs

Heatherton, Australia

#107081 May 8, 2013
ozfeed.com .au/politics/5-funniest-obama- pics/attachment/obama-rastafar ian/
FormerParatroope r

Dalton, GA

#107082 May 8, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is, it is not people like me at the root of firearm violence.
It is better served we concentrate our efforts at the problem, criminals.

Chicago has seen an increase in firearm crime. The majority is gang violence. Yet Chicago has draconian gun laws, weak enforcement of gang activity, and the effort to hire "former" gang members to mentor the youth has failed.

Seems there is a better solution, but can we admit it is people at the blame?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is Santa right now? 2012 NORAD Santa trac... (Dec '12) 4 hr umm 11
For Australian Christmas, Everything's Overturn... 4 hr Neville Thompson 3
What's for dinner? Australia 4 hr Leonel 2
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 6 hr piratefighting 27,145
Comedian faces resentencing on sex charge (Apr '12) 10 hr Dr Broparta 76
Holidaymakers warned about high risk of shellfi... 11 hr Keyster 1
Police warn of online child sex 'grooming' Wed Dutch expat 1
More from around the web