It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,347

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#106792 May 6, 2013
Larry wrote:
<quoted text> well what about places like Japan Australia, Scandinavian countries. I believe they have some very low rates of crime. The ironic thing about the Norway shooting, is that minus that event their population of 4.something million has a very low rate of crime. Possibly mexico is just mexico? Maybe they infact dont have a low rate of gun ownership as it is not emforced heavily enough?
All places with MUCH lower populations and MUCH less diversification. How about providing a more apples-to-apples comparison?

And even with Norway's low crime rate, a maniac was still able to commit one of the biggest acts of mass murder in history by a single person. Just goes to show that you are not truly "safe" anywhere. So no thanks. I will continue to provide for the safety of me and mine. Good luck with your govt-sponsored dial-a-prayer (9-1-1).

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#106793 May 6, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If not worse. It could even be asserted that he is a traitor.
Good to see you back AV! How are you?
Doing well (working too damn much).
Not sure for how long I will be around.
Yeah

Santa Fe, NM

#106794 May 6, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would we want to emasculate
?
you do think of your gun as your johnson

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#106795 May 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
you do think of your gun as your johnson
How much are you being paid to betray your fellow American citizens? Or, are you even an American?

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#106796 May 6, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Doing well (working too damn much).
Not sure for how long I will be around.
Good to see you back. Don't work to hard!
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#106798 May 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
you do think of your gun as your johnson
Why are YOU so fixated on another man's sexual apparatus?

Does a paint gun, or a caulking gun, or a staple gun, or a nail gun, or even a squirt gun excite you that way as well?

What about an electric drill, or a table saw, or even a knife?

Tell you what: Why not inquire of the next cop you see who happens to be wearing a gun, if he/she considers his/her sidearm to be akin to a sexual appendage?

Get back with your results, that is if you aren't tased, cuffed, and stuffed!
:-))
So you

Santa Fe, NM

#106799 May 6, 2013
Sir Bucking Fastard wrote:
<quoted text>

Get back with your results, that is if you aren't tased, cuffed, and stuffed!
are into the freaky stuff? It figures. Uniforms get your little pistol going?

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#106800 May 6, 2013
Sir Bucking Fastard wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are YOU so fixated on another man's sexual apparatus?
Does a paint gun, or a caulking gun, or a staple gun, or a nail gun, or even a squirt gun excite you that way as well?
What about an electric drill, or a table saw, or even a knife?
Tell you what: Why not inquire of the next cop you see who happens to be wearing a gun, if he/she considers his/her sidearm to be akin to a sexual appendage?
Get back with your results, that is if you aren't tased, cuffed, and stuffed!
:-))
Hey SBF! How are you doing?

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#106801 May 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
you do think of your gun as your johnson
Care to explain what your 'masters' are doing here?

Feds Requested Targets With Children and Pregnant Women
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/it...

1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2013/0...

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#106802 May 6, 2013
So you wrote:
<quoted text>
are into the freaky stuff? It figures. Uniforms get your little pistol going?
Hey traitor, are to explain what your 'master's are doing here?-

Feds Requested Targets With Children and Pregnant Women
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/it...

1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2013/0...
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#106803 May 6, 2013
Plastic guns made with 3D printers. Do we regulate printers? High capacity magazines can be made also.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2013/05...
spocko

Oakland, CA

#106804 May 6, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the last time an automatic weapon was used in a crime in the US????
Not with legally owned weapons but plenty with illegally modified or obtained ...

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#106805 May 6, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Not with legally owned weapons but plenty with illegally modified or obtained ...
How are they "illegally modified" when our government is EXPRESSLY DENIED the authority to regulate arms in the hands of We The People? Care to explain?

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#106806 May 6, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexico has a low rate of crime??????
ROFLMAO!!!!!
In one month the Mexican drug cartell murdered 1700 people and not because they had gun control, because America gave them the weapons by to do it....when guns were seized from cartel members most could be traced back to America as was the ammo, there have been trucks stopped from getting accross the border loaded with American ammo and guns out of Texas...way to go yanks...not only are you happy with your own gun death rate, you export your guns illegally to a country fighting a war to try and stop their biggest threat to their citizens and way of life.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#106807 May 6, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
We should back off and let Israel handle it.
No. Israel should stay out of it to....they are the arm of the US in that region...If Israel is attacking Syria the yanks are behind it, Israel would not go ahead if America opposed it, not bomb another country, they wanted to do it before now and the Americans said no, then the Americans said they would give arms to the rebels and that the Assard government was using Sarin gas...but said they would wait to get confirmation...now it is being stated that it is the Rebels that are using the Sarin gas...where did they get it if they did...anyhow America pulls back publicly but privately they would be involved with this bombing of Syria by Israel as sure as night and day.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#106808 May 6, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexico has a low rate of crime??????
ROFLMAO!!!!!
PS: http://www.theatlantic.com/international/arch...

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#106809 May 6, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexico has a low rate of crime??????
ROFLMAO!!!!!
You are as ridiculously stupid as most of you yanks...you see a country like Mexico struggling to survive and you yanks profit from it...you are the lowest form of scum.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#106810 May 6, 2013
FYI wrote:
"CLICK" Regards
Dumb hilbilly.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#106811 May 6, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The federal government refuses to secure the border.
They have their hands full trying to prevent the amount of guns flooding Mexico from the border states, coupled with the the Mexican drug Cartel mules coming accross open border land with drugs, armed to the teeth with guns "made in America" so virtually it is the American citizen that are the ones putting these government border guards under the pump, they are fighting an uphill battle to stop the American people that are profitting from selling guns to the enemy that they are trying to fight to keep America free..free of drugs free or organised Mexican cartels, and you shit on them....good ole' yankee common sense there Teaman.....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#106812 May 6, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Israel should stay out of it to....they are the arm of the US in that region...If Israel is attacking Syria the yanks are behind it, Israel would not go ahead if America opposed it, not bomb another country, they wanted to do it before now and the Americans said no, then the Americans said they would give arms to the rebels and that the Assard government was using Sarin gas...but said they would wait to get confirmation...now it is being stated that it is the Rebels that are using the Sarin gas...where did they get it if they did...anyhow America pulls back publicly but privately they would be involved with this bombing of Syria by Israel as sure as night and day.
if anything it will be Israel that will draw the US into another International Conflict which is no different with what is going on between Japan & China because if that escalates into a conflict the US has to side with Japan because of a treaty signed between Japan & the US.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suicide rate 'horrific' 4 min northland sess 138
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 8 min Dana Robertson 13,267
Maori turn Australian towns into 'little NZs' (Oct '12) 1 hr charADE Modcvnt X... 201
Edward Snowden reveals tapping of major Austral... 1 hr charADE Modcvnt X... 11
Horsham welcomes new Australian citizens at cer... 2 hr Beastly 2
Micronesian in Hawaii (Aug '11) 4 hr Incognito 543
Let's talk about sex - but not with 7-year-olds 6 hr kiwis are turds 10
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Oceania People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••