It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,368

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#104429 Apr 13, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe so shit for brains, but between the east and west coast, theres a big big nation. You just cant get off the name calling can you?
Wasnt it you who told me one time that when a person resorts to name calling they have lost the battle and are desperate to regain control, and that it shows their ignorance?
Yes, it was you, shortly after I discovered this forum.
Seems like, you should take your own advice there. lmao
Yes that is true, in the case of the person being the initiator(this is like pulling teeth) but in a case when you are being the one abused, you have the right to retaliate...and I do, always...
If you can't take it, don't give it, or agree with someone that uses abusive and you have done both....

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#104430 Apr 13, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>That was sort of an easy question wasnt it?
And it didn't even take us 2 pin brains very long to figure it out. LOL

Perth, Australia

#104431 Apr 13, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text> I know you secertly love me, admit it, you'll feel better. I wont. But you will.
Of course...I drool every time you post to me, it makes my day....cause what I need in my life is someone who looks good and thinks like a squirrel.

Perth, Australia

#104432 Apr 13, 2013
HollybytheSea wrote:
<quoted text>3 guesses and they'll all be the same.;)
Oh lookey, aren't you are as bright as a button???
lynn

Willcox, AZ

#104433 Apr 13, 2013
If guns are outlawed???... Only outlaws will have guns??? I'm Keeping mine.

Since: Feb 13

United States

#104434 Apr 13, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that is true, in the case of the person being the initiator(this is like pulling teeth) but in a case when you are being the one abused, you have the right to retaliate...and I do, always...
If you can't take it, don't give it, or agree with someone that uses abusive and you have done both....
Well well, welcome to the human race. Duh?

Perth, Australia

#104435 Apr 13, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>Question. Did australians vote for a gun ban, or did the govt just take control and do it on their own?
The government did it with overwhelming public support...95% of the population agreed with it.

Perth, Australia

#104436 Apr 13, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>That was sort of an easy question wasnt it?
Yes, yes it really was....

United States

#104437 Apr 13, 2013
At first, there had been alot of times I tried to talk to you as a human being, but me being a yank, you would have nothing to do with it. So I decided what they hell, you aint nothing speical.
You think me, or any decent american, is going to just sit back and let you run your filthy mouth abut our country witout us saying anything? Give me a break.
Just like if any american ran your country down, would you sit back and take it? Hell no! And you shouldnt. So dont expect anything different from me. How hard is that for you to understand human nature? Apparently, pretty damn hard.
You have no social skills whatsoever.

Perth, Australia

#104438 Apr 13, 2013
Police Chief Wiggum wrote:
<quoted text>
Type in Australian gun ownership in Australia and you will see that over 760 000 people own guns. More than 10 times what you said liar ! considering that lots of australians are old, too young or just arrived in the country, that equates to alot of people that are 18 - 70 having guns.
You can see that the majority of people are in favor of guns or own them or are married to someone that does own them.
Nice to see your brain doesn't function well, if I stated 5.2% of the population which I did it isn't a stretch for most with nouse to calculate the amount and realise it was a typo....note I said most with nouse.

Perth, Australia

#104439 Apr 13, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>Well well, welcome to the human race. Duh?
WTF, does that mean! Does it mean that it is the same if someone initiates the abuse or that it isn't? cause you have not only initiated you have agreed with others for their bad behavior....bad form Crab.

United States

#104440 Apr 13, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course...I drool every time you post to me, it makes my day....cause what I need in my life is someone who looks good and thinks like a squirrel.
LOL, cant believe it, a sign of human life, and actually made a funny joke. Theres hope for you yet. Damn, I have never judged any post since I started visiting topix. But I got to give you a funny for this one.
Just think, I lost my judgeing virginity to you, and you lost your humor virginity to me, thats deep.

Perth, Australia

#104441 Apr 13, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
At first, there had been alot of times I tried to talk to you as a human being, but me being a yank, you would have nothing to do with it. So I decided what they hell, you aint nothing speical.
You think me, or any decent american, is going to just sit back and let you run your filthy mouth abut our country witout us saying anything? Give me a break.
Just like if any american ran your country down, would you sit back and take it? Hell no! And you shouldnt. So dont expect anything different from me. How hard is that for you to understand human nature? Apparently, pretty damn hard.
Well that would depend on how much truth was behind the defamatory remarks, see I can except it if there is some factual evidence or genuine concern or reason behind it, even though it might hurt....You yanks don't have that luxury.

United States

#104442 Apr 13, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
The government did it with overwhelming public support...95% of the population agreed with it.
okay, thats cool, since the majority voted for it.

United States

#104443 Apr 13, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF, does that mean! Does it mean that it is the same if someone initiates the abuse or that it isn't? cause you have not only initiated you have agreed with others for their bad behavior....bad form Crab.
Thats sort of like the pot(you) calling the kettle (me) black, wouldnt you think?

Perth, Australia

#104444 Apr 13, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
PS...By the way, it is called tall poppy syndrome....you get too big for your britches and we cut you down...that is the Australian way with everyone, so you don't forget who you are and from whence you came and who you are responsible to for your success....a little insight there Pacha...we do it as a matter of fact to everyone, no one escapes....

Perth, Australia

#104445 Apr 13, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>Thats sort of like the pot(you) calling the kettle (me) black, wouldnt you think?
No, no it isn't because it is never me that initiates it, do you see the difference. What I am doing is calling you on your nonsense and when you can't handle it you abuse and I retaliate...generally that is how it goes unless we have history...like dumb Holly....then any post is fair game.

United States

#104446 Apr 13, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
PS...By the way, it is called tall poppy syndrome....you get too big for your britches and we cut you down...that is the Australian way with everyone, so you don't forget who you are and from whence you came and who you are responsible to for your success....a little insight there Pacha...we do it as a matter of fact to everyone, no one escapes....
really, then why do you get offended when others do the same to you?
BTW, very few have been that way to me, I could count all of them on one hand.
I also have alot of aussies that private message me, and they are no way, not even close, to the way you describe them to be.

Perth, Australia

#104448 Apr 13, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>really, then why do you get offended when others do the same to you?
I also have alot of aussies that private message me, and they are no way, not even close, to the way you describe them to be.
Depends on what they say, I don't get offended for me I get offended for others. There are a number of posters on here that insult women in the worst possible manner and though I have an extremely tough skin and am very confident, I am aware of those that aren't, and move to head off the negative remark by putting them in a place where they belong, misogynistic references are not acceptable..on issues like rape or treating women like second class citizens..My amazing father never disrespects us(five females and one male) our mother or any woman, if anything he goes out of his way to make us feel good about ourselves and others, it is the standard set by him and we honor that by not accepting anything less.
Now in regards to describing other Aussies....explain your reasoning?

Perth, Australia

#104450 Apr 13, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>really, then why do you get offended when others do the same to you?
Ps What do you mean by how I have described Aussies?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 52 min Dana Robertson 27,154
For Australian Christmas, Everything's Overturn... 4 hr Deano 10
Police warn of online child sex 'grooming' Thu easy 3
What's for dinner? Australia Thu J RULES 9
Comedian faces resentencing on sex charge (Apr '12) Thu punjabi mp 78
Where is Santa right now? 2012 NORAD Santa trac... (Dec '12) Thu umm 11
Holidaymakers warned about high risk of shellfi... Wed Keyster 1
More from around the web