It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,368

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#102836 Mar 20, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
Proposed US assault weapons ban might fail.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-03-20/us-assa...
The last time the so called assault weapons were banned, the democrats lost both houses.

That was a temporary law as part of a compromise. Now they know what damage a law like that could do to them.
FYI

Arvada, CO

#102837 Mar 20, 2013
Shrutika wrote:
<quoted text>
uhh wht?? Sorry??
" UHH WHAT? BE WELL MY FRIEND, Regards

Since: Mar 13

Ashburn, VA

#102838 Mar 20, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>" UHH WHAT? BE WELL MY FRIEND, Regards
means?????
FYI

Arvada, CO

#102841 Mar 20, 2013
Shrutika wrote:
<quoted text>
means?????
" LOS ALTOS DE ALAMEDA" It is what it is. Regards

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#102842 Mar 20, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>Well lets put it this way, Saddam Hussein himself bragged that he had wmd's, and he threatened to use them. What would you have the usa to do, wait and see, wait until he killed thousands? And if the usa would have waited, and if he had wmd's and used them, then you ahomana, would be the first person on here saying,'those dumb yanks should had done something, they knew saddam was threating his neighbors'. You know you would.
A: How about I say if those damn yankees hadn't have given him the WMDS in the first place which it was clearly proven that they did, no of us would have had to say anything......WTF was the US government thinking giving him those weapons, do you think they thought they wouldn't be used on Iranian innocents? WTF kind of fecked up country are you that you willingly befriend a despot give him WMDS and expect he is not going murder inocents, you buddy are an A typical yankee doodle dick because you are still blaming a murderous dictator and not your government who was responsible for him attaining these WMDs.....Use your fecking head, you are making my head hurt., you buddy saddam DID use wmds in the iran-iraq war, thats a fact. He did use poison gas on the kerds, thats a fact. So why wouldnt someone believe him? You're one stupid, self centered, ignorant, two-faced hipocrite. You're a shame and disgrace to not only austraila, but to every westerner on the planet.
You should have been aborted.......A: I know he used the weapons given by you dumb yanks on Iranians and the Kerds, I clearly state that, you twat. What I am saying is that is was why bush went in the first time, they knew if they didn't move to retrieve those WMDS and remove Hussien army from Kuwait the next problem would be with the Saudi's(who they need)and who knew the Americans had armed Iraq in their war against Iran.....and they would take it out on the US...they might stop the flow of oil...yada yada ect. Let's face it America created a monster in Hussien, who they wined and dined and armed like a precious friend and when the shit hit the fan and the yanks had nowhere to hide...serves them fecking right, they deserved to suffer for the interferrence they cause in countries that are not their own....they shit in their own nest and it spreads like scum accross the planet. Maybe it is them that needs to mind their own bussiness....WHAT! tell a yank to mind their own bussiness, LOL....sorry that was really funny...

Perth, Australia

#102843 Mar 20, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>Well lets put it this way, Saddam Hussein himself bragged that he had wmd's, and he threatened to use them. What would you have the usa to do, wait and see, wait until he killed thousands? And if the usa would have waited, and if he had wmd's and used them, then you ahomana, would be the first person on here saying,'those dumb yanks should had done something, they knew saddam was threating his neighbors'. You know you would.
BTW, you buddy saddam DID use wmds in the iran-iraq war, thats a fact. He did use poison gas on the kerds, thats a fact. So why wouldnt someone believe him?
You're one stupid, self centered, ignorant, two-faced hipocrite. You're a shame and disgrace to not only austraila, but to every westerner on the planet.
You should have been aborted.
PS: I have just been watching a news show and there is the spokesman for Israel and seated behind him is Obama, the Israeli spokesman is supporting the evidence that there have been chemical weapons used in Syria and it must be stopped.....I am thinking well look behind you and talk to the leader of the so called free world who caused this problem in the first place.....Then I ask to anyone within earshot, how much is America involved in this as it is to reminiscent of the speil we got to go to war with Iraq? it is following the same scenario and he is calling on Irael to back him up....Israel and America that have been itching to get into Syria for decades have conjured up a plan to get the western world onboard to suit their agenda AGAIN!....Fool me once eh!
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#102844 Mar 20, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: I have just been watching a news show and there is the spokesman for Israel and seated behind him is Obama, the Israeli spokesman is supporting the evidence that there have been chemical weapons used in Syria and it must be stopped.....I am thinking well look behind you and talk to the leader of the so called free world who caused this problem in the first place.....Then I ask to anyone within earshot, how much is America involved in this as it is to reminiscent of the speil we got to go to war with Iraq? it is following the same scenario and he is calling on Irael to back him up....Israel and America that have been itching to get into Syria for decades have conjured up a plan to get the western world onboard to suit their agenda AGAIN!....Fool me once eh!
Fool you?
YOU are THE FOOL of TOPIX.COM !
:-))
So now, how's that rotting tunafish stink going between your thighs?
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#102846 Mar 20, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
The sword rattling begins.

Since: Feb 13

United States

#102847 Mar 20, 2013
@ahomana----------lady(I use that term losely)you are nothing more than a grievously ignorant hemorrhoid and a miserble all-defiling mass of existential impotence with an add in of incalculably obtuse lackey and a miserable dull-witted conglomerate of intellectial constipation.

Perth, Australia

#102849 Mar 21, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The sword rattling begins.
Then we will all be stuck in another war we can't win....Doh!

Perth, Australia

#102850 Mar 21, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
@ahomana----------lady(I use that term losely)you are nothing more than a grievously ignorant hemorrhoid and a miserble all-defiling mass of existential impotence with an add in of incalculably obtuse lackey and a miserable dull-witted conglomerate of intellectial constipation.
Well you know what words are so now do you think you are capable of putting them together to effect a conversation or rational argument, or is the above post the limit of your intelligence level? My guess would be yes that is your limit, let's see if you can surprise me, you are a yank after all!

United States

#102851 Mar 21, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you know what words are so now do you think you are capable of putting them together to effect a conversation or rational argument, or is the above post the limit of your intelligence level? My guess would be yes that is your limit, let's see if you can surprise me, you are a yank after all!
I would love to have a 'rational' argument with you, but my opinion will be different then yours, so why really bother? Unless someone agrees with you you have no interest in their opinion. Thats neither rational nor a good debate. No since in wasteing time.
The levi Bashers

Tempe, AZ

#102852 Mar 21, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text> I would love to have a 'rational' argument with you, but my opinion will be different then yours, so why really bother? Unless someone agrees with you you have no interest in their opinion. Thats neither rational nor a good debate. No since in wasteing time.
Listen DICKHEAD we do not converse with deranged, obsessed and delusional and Not only dumb but a fraud, a liar, an impostor, a fraudster, a troll for hire and rent by his own admission but more importantly a farcical clown and jerk and a total I wanna cry doorknob Stupif DICKHEAD performing chimp and IDENTITY THIEF inaane coward Bender BASTARD IMPOSTORs, IDENTITY THIEVEs, PLAGERIZERs, SPAMMERs, REAL AGITATORs, TROUBLEMAKERs, SmellyARSIE HINDUSTINK TRANNYs, PIMPs, NONCEs, SHEMAlE FUCKTURD DANCING LADYBOYs, TOPIX PAID TROLLs

FOOK OFF

United States

#102855 Mar 21, 2013
The levi Bashers wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen DICKHEAD we do not converse with deranged, obsessed and delusional and Not only dumb but a fraud, a liar, an impostor, a fraudster, a troll for hire and rent by his own admission but more importantly a farcical clown and jerk and a total I wanna cry doorknob Stupif DICKHEAD performing chimp and IDENTITY THIEF inaane coward Bender BASTARD IMPOSTORs, IDENTITY THIEVEs, PLAGERIZERs, SPAMMERs, REAL AGITATORs, TROUBLEMAKERs, SmellyARSIE HINDUSTINK TRANNYs, PIMPs, NONCEs, SHEMAlE FUCKTURD DANCING LADYBOYs, TOPIX PAID TROLLs
FOOK OFF
yawn. Whats a stupif? whats a inaane? You're loseing it beady. It's no ones fault here on topix that your wife left you for a malacar. So why do you get on here and harass everyone? Apparently she seen something in HIM that you dont have. Maybe she seen sanity in him, cause you sure aint got none. Or perhaps maybe you're a failure in bed.
You get on here and talk the shit, now the whold world knows that your wife left you for a malacar.
You're problem should be with him, and no one else. But you being the little coward you are, get on here and fook with ppl bc you feel safe behind a pc screen.
Why dont you face the malacar, go to him, and see him face to face. Are you that big of a coward. For once in your life be a man. Thats probably why she left you, you no man, you're a mouse!
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#102857 Mar 21, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
A: How about I say if those damn yankees hadn't have given him the WMDS in the first place which it was clearly proven that they did, no of us would have had to say anything......WTF was the US government thinking giving him those weapons, do you think they thought they wouldn't be used on Iranian innocents? WTF kind of fecked up country are you that you willingly befriend a despot give him WMDS and expect he is not going murder inocents, you buddy are an A typical yankee doodle dick because you are still blaming a murderous dictator and not your government who was responsible for him attaining these WMDs.....Use your fecking head, you are making my head hurt., you buddy saddam DID use wmds in the iran-iraq war, thats a fact. He did use poison gas on the kerds, thats a fact. So why wouldnt someone believe him? You're one stupid, self centered, ignorant, two-faced hipocrite. You're a shame and disgrace to not only austraila, but to every westerner on the planet.
You should have been aborted.......A: I know he used the weapons given by you dumb yanks on Iranians and the Kerds, I clearly state that, you twat. What I am saying is that is was why bush went in the first time, they knew if they didn't move to retrieve those WMDS and remove Hussien army from Kuwait the next problem would be with the Saudi's(who they need)and who knew the Americans had armed Iraq in their war against Iran.....and they would take it out on the US...they might stop the flow of oil...yada yada ect. Let's face it America created a monster in Hussien, who they wined and dined and armed like a precious friend and when the shit hit the fan and the yanks had nowhere to hide...serves them fecking right, they deserved to suffer for the interferrence they cause in countries that are not their own....they shit in their own nest and it spreads like scum accross the planet. Maybe it is them that needs to mind their own bussiness....WHAT! tell a yank to mind their own bussiness, LOL....sorry that was really funny...
And YOUR crotch STILL stinks of rotting tuna fish!
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#102858 Mar 21, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet MORE STINK from the STINK QUEEN of TOPIX.COM !!!
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#102859 Mar 21, 2013
The IMPOSTORs Bashers wrote:
<quoted text>
FOOK OFF
Talking about YOURSELF, are you?

Perth, Australia

#102860 Mar 21, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text> I would love to have a 'rational' argument with you, but my opinion will be different then yours, so why really bother? Unless someone agrees with you you have no interest in their opinion. Thats neither rational nor a good debate. No since in wasteing time.
Of course people agree with me, not because I want them to, it is simply because they are sane, I accept their leaned opinions with more credibility because they are not backward, stuborn, ignorant Billy Bobs(similar to yourself) If I am disagreed with I then know the lack of intelligence level I am dealing with and can file them away as well....noongs, but I don't mind bantering if it suits my purpose....so if you think you have anything accept a inferiority complex......BRING IT! else crawl back into your sludge.....

Perth, Australia

#102862 Mar 21, 2013
Where did all the gun loving nuts go, have they finally realised how useless and one sided their arguments were and just decided enough was enough. All the innocents that have been died because of your gun loving bullshit which has seen your ignorance and pig pigheadedness flood a civilised country with guns and then exporting your poison to other nations, appreciate your exit. Let us all hope you have gained some knowledge by seeing there is another side, the side of the victims created because of your love of some words on a piece of paper and a tool that was created for no other reason than to kill...Hip, Hip Hooray!

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

#102864 Mar 22, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
Where did all the gun loving nuts go,
Out shooting things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 9 min Wanderer2452 26,732
Australian PM urged to go easy on refugees afte... 2 hr Dutch expat 1
Nothing Common about stunning slice of history 11 hr Lovely bunch of c... 10
Jewish leaders pan Australian lawmakers' attemp... 19 hr The Awakener 44
How Sydney hostage tragedy changes Australia 20 hr HARDcoreDRILN 4
Papuan bishop decries witch hunts, violence aga... Wed Catholic Girl 4
Manus Island detainees in sex video, PNG MP claims (Dec '13) Wed zerox sam 30
More from around the web