It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 4,471)

Showing posts 89,401 - 89,420 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>It is the NRA, gun manufacturers and buyers, dancing in the blood of the victims, else you would ensure the favourite weapon of choice for the perps would be banned, would you not!
You know, you're not gunna like this but I was thinking, firstly, if Aussies can get guns in the 'black market', how many more could the Yanks get from Mexico or Canada?
Secondly, I don't know this, could the US Govt change the 2nd Amendment? Is it possible?

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Me Good Me Tony Abbott wrote:
yes i cried into my pillow
i had to ring mrs abbott to tell her about it andshe cried too.
you didnt see me on tv with my fire truck ?
my god .
see this is what happens when your in forums talking about guns all day.
you miss what is important like me in my fire truck
Lmao..........
Dr Freud

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the NRA, gun manufacturers and buyers, dancing in the blood of the victims, else you would ensure the favourite weapon of choice for the perps would be banned, would you not!
Who's the one who continually posts stories about shooting conducted by mentally unstable people on SSRI drugs?
Yeah: YOU!
You verily have an orgasm every time you catch wind of such events, hyperventilating, and falling over yourself as you rush to the keyboard and slam out your hype drenched dreck.
The fact of the matter is just this: YOU are a VERY superficial individual, because YOU refuse to assess matters in a critical fashion.
FACT: Before there were SSRI/psychotropic drugs, the incidents of multiple shootings anywhere were as rare as hen's teeth.
FACT: Before the advent of the SSRI/psychotropic drugs, there were still lots of guns, and NO mass shootings. Gee, imagine that!
FACT: YOU are guilty of avoiding the TRUTH of the matter.
If tomorrow, all SSRI/psychotropics were to be taken off the market, and nobody used them, the mass shootings would cease.
BUT, if you suddenly got rid of all guns, but left the SSRI/psychotropics fully available, then the VERY SAME ACTS as committed currently WOULD STILL happen. The actors would simply resort to other methods.
In summary then, YOU are GUILTY of neglecting to consider ALL the dimensions of the matter, having instead resorted to bigotry.
Dr Freud

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure the latest supreme court decision made a distinction between an individual and a militia. I could be wrong. Today's militia might be the National guard, a state regulated army of citizen soldiers.
The firearms Owners Protection Act passed in 1986 made private ownership of machine guns illegal. I suppose someone would have to dispute that act in the courts.
Where you err in your thoughts on the matter is that the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the right to keep and bear arms was NOT contingent upon being a member of whatever military organization.
The so-called 'liberal left'(democrats) in the U.S. have for the longest time used the ACLU template. That's what the opposition resorted to, and did so unsuccessfully.
In fact, all nine judges voted that the right belongs to the individual citizen.
Where they differed was on that matter of the cities and states being able to regulate the right out of existence, which taken on its face would amount to a wholesale diminution of ALL rights. If you can do it with one right, then all rights are up for grabs.
A key point to keep in mind here is just this: ONLY PEOPLE have rights, and NOT organizations, or governmental entities.
The latter two have powers only.
Dr Freud

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean any gun that can kill en masse....
Then that's every gun, including revolvers, and derringers.
Dr Freud

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, those darn criminals, they just don't seem to cooperate with the law.
When you get the chance, hopefully soon, go see this article:
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/12/20/sandy...

There are so damned many inconsistencies that it'll knock you out of your chair!
Dr Freud

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybee if it wasnt he would have then just opened fire from under his car on the playground with the Bushmaster during recess.
He was a suicide. Fear of being shot was not in his reasoning. But he had access to weapons that allow him to formulate tactics.
Jared Loughner was in a CCW area. He was one. He had wrapped his ID in a plastic bag so he could be Identified. He was only stopped when he had to reload. And there was a CCW man in the vicinity. But a little old lady got him with her handbag. But not before he did some damage with his Glock 19.
As per usual, your scenario above is so full of holes that it sinks without effort.
Dr Freud

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
So my call to ban all guns is definately the right one.
Only because YOU say so.
Your opinions are not factually grounded, nor are they historically valid.
But then? That's never stopped you before.
DrKilljoy

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's the one who continually posts stories about shooting conducted by mentally unstable people on SSRI drugs?
Yeah: YOU!
You verily have an orgasm every time you catch wind of such events, hyperventilating, and falling over yourself as you rush to the keyboard and slam out your hype drenched dreck.
The fact of the matter is just this: YOU are a VERY superficial individual, because YOU refuse to assess matters in a critical fashion.
FACT: Before there were SSRI/psychotropic drugs, the incidents of multiple shootings anywhere were as rare as hen's teeth.
FACT: Before the advent of the SSRI/psychotropic drugs, there were still lots of guns, and NO mass shootings. Gee, imagine that!
FACT: YOU are guilty of avoiding the TRUTH of the matter.
If tomorrow, all SSRI/psychotropics were to be taken off the market, and nobody used them, the mass shootings would cease.
BUT, if you suddenly got rid of all guns, but left the SSRI/psychotropics fully available, then the VERY SAME ACTS as committed currently WOULD STILL happen. The actors would simply resort to other methods.
In summary then, YOU are GUILTY of neglecting to consider ALL the dimensions of the matter, having instead resorted to bigotry.
The worst school mass-murder in American history (38 children dead , 6 adults , and 58 injured) occurred in 1927 before the invent of any SSRI/psychotropics . You got any more theories quack?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disa...

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

DrKilljoy wrote:
<quoted text>The worst school mass-murder in American history (38 children dead , 6 adults , and 58 injured) occurred in 1927 before the invent of any SSRI/psychotropics . You got any more theories quack?
Not exactly "mass shooting" as was mentioned in the post.
The only mention of a rifle there was the single shot to detonate the dynamite in the truck.
Frog

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Can u gun nuts lovers tell me why machine guns are illegal to have ?
Guppy

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
I did answer your question - I don't know what strength I might possess and what actions I might take in that situation.
Are you muscle bound, or are you a weakling like most women?

You must have some idea if you could take on a man, and do all the things she did, IN THE DARK.

Just guess. Could you/or not?

I couldn't. There is no doubt about it.

You always sound? a little drugged. Are you?
Guppy

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
"When my wife and I mention we are strongly considering homeschooling our children, we are without fail asked,'But what about socialization?' Fortunately, we found a way our kids can receive the same socialization that government schools provide. On Mondays and Wednesdays, I will personally corner my son in the bathroom, give him a wedgie and take his lunch money. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, my wife will make sure to tease our children for not being in the 'in' crowd, taking special care to poke fun at any physical abnormalities. Fridays will be 'Fad and Peer Pressure Day.' We will all compete to see who has the coolest toys, the most expensive clothes, and the loudest, fastest, and most dangerous car. Every day, my wife and I will adhere to a routine of cursing and swearing in the hall and mentioning our weekend exploits with alcohol and immorality.... And we have asked them to report us to the authorities in the event we mention faith, religion, or try to bring up morals and values."
http://www.newoxfordreview.org/note.jsp...
LOL.
Home school students do exceptionally well when compared with the nationwide average. In every subject and at every grade level of the ITBS and TAP batteries, home school students scored significantly higher than their public and private school counterparts (Figure 1).
http://www.hslda.org/docs/study/rudner1999/Ru...
Cute, but not the same as being in a NORMAL school setting.

It just doesn't make sense that home schooled kids of average intelligence would do better than kids in public or private school. How can a parent be proficient in college prep courses? AND, not every parent that does this makes a good and interesting teacher. THEY HAVE NO EXPERIENCE. Anyone who home schools their kid/s has a problem. AND I bet the kids are Very Dorky.
Guppy

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should anyone else reply to your inquiries, when you have the nasty habit of playing stupid games with everyone else's question put to you?
HYPOCRITE MUCH?
That is really hurtful. I answer inquiries to the best of my ability! I'm sorry that you think I have a nasty habit of playing games. I don't do it on purpose, that is my personality, and try as I might, I can't change my personality. Maybe you should work on your anger/superiority problems.
I have asked many questions, and the response was zilch. I don't let it bother me, as I am sure the person couldn't answer because they were stumped. That's OK with me.
That girl Sarah or whatever he name is, is playing games so she doesn't have to answer truthfully. I see right through her dishonesty. Nothing worse than a lying woman! I can understand a lying man, but a lying woman? I won't put up with it! Sarah needs to take her lies elsewhere. It's either her or me! Well? Let me know.
Froggy went a courtin'....
Guppy

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Bill Clinton was named Father of the Year. Why?
DrKilljoy

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Frog wrote:
Can u gun nuts lovers tell me why machine guns are illegal to have ?
Machine guns (full auto) are NOT illegal to have. Any one that can pass the background check and has $200.00 for the tax stamp can own one.
Dr Freud

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Doc! How's your gun? I see you're still alive, stopped taking those nasty pills have you?
;p
Is that the absolutely best you might muster? Since you have nothing valid to remark of, you engage in ad hominem.
Just for your information, neither do I use 'recreational' drugs, nor do I imbibe prescription drugs.
Guppy

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Al Capone was incarcerated in a jail/prison in Philadelphia. His cell was decorated with his own furniture. Was that fair to the other men?
Dr Freud

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

DrKilljoy wrote:
<quoted text>The worst school mass-murder in American history (38 children dead , 6 adults , and 58 injured) occurred in 1927 before the invent of any SSRI/psychotropics . You got any more theories quack?
And what was the method employed by that person?
Yeah: High explosives.
So much much for YOUR perspicacity.
Guppy

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

"Gun owners should COWER in shame like smokers."

Addictions are difficult.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 89,401 - 89,420 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••