It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 4,292)

Showing posts 85,821 - 85,840 of103,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
The Heller decision effectively dismissed your position.
Bub-bye!
That's one of the things I like about the Heller decision. It creates a disconnect between the individual and the Militia thereby protecting an individual's right to protect himself should the government claim there is no longer a need for militias effectively disarming the public.

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNLJ.jsp...

It causes problems for an assault rifle ban also being handguns are misused more than an assault rifle. Assault rifles really aren't much different than a semiauto hunting rifle.
Andrew Jackson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

tinydropthestickgooddog wrote:
<quoted text>
shall not be infringed if you are a part of a well regulated militia - but you colonel comma are not in any militia -right lol
No stupid, you lost this one as well. According to the United States government, every single able bodied male between the age of 17 and 45 is a member of the RESERVE MILITIA

http://usgovinfo.about.com/blusmilitia.htm

NEXT!

“shirley you cant be serious ”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one of the things I like about the Heller decision. It creates a disconnect between the individual and the Militia thereby protecting an individual's right to protect himself should the government claim there is no longer a need for militias effectively disarming the public.
It causes problems for an assault rifle ban also being handguns are misused more than an assault rifle. Assault rifles really aren't much different than a semiauto hunting rifle.
it will challenged and overturned one day .
Andrew Jackson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
But your guns havent helped USA with raping.
Have a look at your SexyAssalt Rate percapita compared to Australia.
You have same same.
For Violent Crime you have 2 times more.
The guns make it more violent.
7500 women raped at gunpoint. Vely bad.
Wrong again, fool!

Our rape is down 65% since 1993- this relates to passing of concealed carry laws. UK and OZ on the other hand ban guns and rape went up over the same time.

And stupid, according to dept of justice numbers, less than 3% of rapists used a gun, twice as many used knives 6%- 89% of rapists used brute force

Guns have lower all of our crime across the board - even gun deaths over the last 20 years.

NEXT!

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Andrew Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
1776 was over 400 years ago? Hmmm you're not very good at math, are you?
And the police don't take too long because they are afraid, you nitwit. Again you show stupidity. From my house, the nearest law enforcement are a half hour drive away.

A: half an hour does not mean they are there just waiting for your call you moron....they have a job to do.....Christ I had to wait an hour for the RAC to get to me and I was outside their building...but the cops well they are supermen!
Those in the large cities, well there just aren't enough police to go around given the huge population we have. They are overwhelmed. When you call the police its like waiting in line for your turn. Different crimes have different priorities, so you wait even longer.

A: Well do you think guns could be the cause of why so many crimes are committed using up all the valuable resources and limiting guns could make the cops response faster? Oh der!

A man with a gun will get a fast response. A woman being raped, not so big a priority.

A: you know stop using rape as an argument, it is offensive that a man rambles on about protecting a womans right to anything let alone safety from another guy raping her....
And of course the man with a gun would be a priority you dimwit....it is on a risked based priority...one rape vs possible massacre or multiple deaths...you nuts or what?

An intruder in your home, even less priority, wait your turn and hope they don't kill you. The police are too few and too busy elsewhere.

A: Again no one to blame but yourselves....ie most homeowners have guns the cops know this so the potential for them to rush isn't a priority...and two, often it is a domestic and the cops are the ones that have to face the homeowner who has the gun protecting a woman who lives in a house with a volatile idiot with a gun.....I wouldn't rush either way!

Since: Dec 12

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem as I see it is the male mentality, give a person a gun doesn't control or solve the problem most countries have with rape....India are doing it right.....men and women are gathering en masse to protest the treatment of women at the hands of men.....this should be the response of a decent community showing there outrage at such and ongoing abuses of women everywhere....Men and governments the world over treat this abuse as one not as serious as armed robbery or coporate crime yet it is a total violation of a females freedom at the hands of a male.....Governments and societies should be outraged anytime there is a rape and should act to denegrate the act and perpetrators openly and en masse to bring about change to the status of women in all societies. Males of female children should lead the charge if they seriously hate the crime committed against women....but most don't, why is that?
I agree completely.. George Zimmerman.. the coward.. shot dead an unarmed 15yo who did nothing wrong - stole nothing, mugged no-one.. but for his crime of purchasing skittles he was murdered.

George Zimmerman and his cronies who believe that they have the right to act like a vigilante, disregard the directions of police despatch and pursue an innocent person.

George Zimmerman stalked this boy - the boy probably thought he was going to be abducted, of course he was going to fight for his life once George put his stupid dumb hand on the boy.

George had no right, he had NO right to pursue the boy at all.

In the end, a tragedy unfolded.

This is just one example of stupid people living in fear. Being encouraged to pack a weapon, and that weapon being used for lethal purposes.

Fear, Fear is the reason Americans cling to thier stupid idealogy.

More innocents will be taken.. all in order for these gun toting zombies to have their right - at the expense of the rights of others.

What toll is America prepared to pay? how many more 5 year olds, 15 year olds, mothers, fathers, sons and daughters is America prepared to sacrifice in order to let these rambos pretend that they have the answer to their fears?

Gutless, snivelling selfish cowards.
GoGoBar

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Rape.SexyAssalt Rates

USA 83/100,000 (248,000 = 83/100K)
http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs @.nsf/Lookup/2D8A0E67E40926FEC A257A150018FACA?opendocument

Australia 73/100,000
http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs @.nsf/Lookup/2D8A0E67E40926FEC A257A150018FACA?opendocument

Must be the guns used in rapes.

“shirley you cant be serious ”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Andrew Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
No stupid, you lost this one as well. According to the United States government, every single able bodied male between the age of 17 and 45 is a member of the RESERVE MILITIA
http://usgovinfo.about.com/blusmilitia.htm
NEXT!
oh i dont mind really - mykids arent at risk of your guns thank god - kill kill kill I say - knock yourself out hahaha cough cough splutter

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

EDWARD KELLY wrote:
<quoted text>
oh.. so to enable freaks to call 911, have the volunteer fire brigade arrive and to mow then down like dogs...
your argument is responsible for this.
Would it make you feel better if a Remington 750 was used? That's a semi automatic hunting rifle. They operate the same, just look different.

The shooter murdered his grandmother with a hammer. Why wasn't serving life in prison? Is that the state's protection gun banners want?
Guppy

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you asking to see his gun, in person?
Oh god no!
GoGoBar

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Andrew Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, fool!
Our rape is down 65% since 1993- this relates to passing of concealed carry laws. UK and OZ on the other hand ban guns and rape went up over the same time.
And stupid, according to dept of justice numbers, less than 3% of rapists used a gun, twice as many used knives 6%- 89% of rapists used brute force
Guns have lower all of our crime across the board - even gun deaths over the last 20 years.
NEXT!
You talk like baby.
Where your official numbers.
You dont like the real truth?

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Attributing to others, your own failings, is the mark of someone who's in denial.
Your choice, hen.
I have never suffered fools doc, you least of all, you should know this!
GoGoBar

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Rape.SexyAssalt Rates

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv11.pdf

Australia 73/100,000

HAHA.

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

EDWARD KELLY wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely.. George Zimmerman.. the coward.. shot dead an unarmed 15yo who did nothing wrong - stole nothing, mugged no-one.. but for his crime of purchasing skittles he was murdered.
George Zimmerman and his cronies who believe that they have the right to act like a vigilante, disregard the directions of police despatch and pursue an innocent person.
George Zimmerman stalked this boy - the boy probably thought he was going to be abducted, of course he was going to fight for his life once George put his stupid dumb hand on the boy.
George had no right, he had NO right to pursue the boy at all.
In the end, a tragedy unfolded.
This is just one example of stupid people living in fear. Being encouraged to pack a weapon, and that weapon being used for lethal purposes.
Fear, Fear is the reason Americans cling to thier stupid idealogy.
More innocents will be taken.. all in order for these gun toting zombies to have their right - at the expense of the rights of others.
What toll is America prepared to pay? how many more 5 year olds, 15 year olds, mothers, fathers, sons and daughters is America prepared to sacrifice in order to let these rambos pretend that they have the answer to their fears?
Gutless, snivelling selfish cowards.
George Zimmerman wouldn't have been able to purchase a gun if it wasn't for a government PTI program in the court system. Again, that's the state protection you want.

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Andrew Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, fool!
NEXT!
You are so dumb.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifam...

Its all about the way they count the numbers. And as a result, the US could arguably be the only country in the wolrd where more men are raped than women.

a sexual assault happens every 2 minutes in the US.

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk like baby.
Where your official numbers.
You dont like the real truth?
Me luv you long time.

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

tinydropthestickgooddog wrote:
<quoted text>
it will challenged and overturned one day .
How do you overturn a right that can't be infringed upon? Those are things that cause big problems. The right existed. The government can't "infringe" upon it. The states can place conditions on it or lack thereof.

At least I don't have to read anything about commas anymore, capiche?
Andrew Jackson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Bwhaha I am never leaving this thread. I just love watching the gun grabbing losers beat their heads on the wall in frustration and cry like little bitches.

You anti idiots say some of the stupidest things. This place is awesome. I love it here. I love all of you retarded rejects and you poorly though out ideas.

Shall not be infringed- suck it you tossers! The constitution is clear, the courts have spoken, cry for me bitch.

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?

disarming the public? what does the public need guns for anyway? ohh.. I forgot.. its the FEAR thing again...

Thank god I live in Australia.. I fear nothing.
GoGoBar

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Me luv you long time.
Look, it is official.
USA has more rapes than Australia.
The extras are because of the raped at gunpoint.

Rape.SexyAssalt Rates

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv11.pdf

Australia 73/100,000

How you like me now? Pretty good. Goin on, feelin strong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 85,821 - 85,840 of103,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••