It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,347

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story
Responsible

Bristol, PA

#82880 Nov 23, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> I own a gun, something yankees can't do.
I guess you could say........Yankee's are smarter than southerners.

I'm sorry we beat the hell out of ya during the Civil War. Sad/frown.
Responsible

Bristol, PA

#82881 Nov 23, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>I never said you HAD to carry a gun, that is YOUR RIGHT!
You live YOUR life!
DON'T tell me how to live mine.
I hate to say it but maybee if you got robbed (not injured) you might realize that the "inherent goodness" we all look for in people is missing, in the majority.
Knightstalker wants me to get robbed/not injured! Thanks alot!

That's a horrible thing to say to someone. I feel so dejected..........

I think I should say Farewell and have a good life. The hand writing is on the wall.

Sadness,
I am the responsible one...
Responsible

Bristol, PA

#82882 Nov 23, 2012
One last thing.

Watch - The Car - 1977

James Brolin.

It's so bad - that's it good.

So long hate mongers.

~~~~~
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#82883 Nov 23, 2012
Responsible wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear M,
Yes, I am that stupid and proud of it.
The Indians agreed to live on reservations because they were starving and freezing. They weren't "overpowered' by the gov't. At the same time the gov't was fighting the Indians - they were also fighting the Civil War and they were stretched quite thin.
For some strange reason - SOME people feel sorry for the Indians. I don't. They only wanted to do two things. Fight and hunt. That was it. They were totally chauvinistic. Kind of like you guys.
Of course I take responsibility for my personal safety AND security. I've lived this long - I must be doing something right. Smile.
It's been a pleasure.
Best,
I M
"Yes, I am that stupid and proud of it."

Ok...I do admire one who is able to recognize their limitations...too bad you aren't willing to do something about it.

"The Indians agreed to live on reservations because they were starving and freezing. They weren't "overpowered' by the gov't."

So why were they "starving and freezing"...? Why couldn't they do what they had been doing for thousands of years before then...? I guess that's where some of your stupidity comes in.

"Of course I take responsibility for my personal safety AND security."

How..?..you have 911 on speed dial and wait..?
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#82884 Nov 23, 2012
Responsible wrote:
One last thing.
Watch - The Car - 1977
James Brolin.
It's so bad - that's it good.
So long hate mongers.
~~~~~
You say this;

"For some strange reason - SOME people feel sorry for the Indians. I don't. They only wanted to do two things. Fight and hunt. That was it. They were totally chauvinistic. Kind of like you guys."

Then call us "hate mongers"...ROTFLMAO.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#82885 Nov 23, 2012
Responsible wrote:
<quoted text>
You! are so wrong about the Indians. They showed up at a reservation one day with (stolen) blankets wrapped around them. Under the (stolen) blankets were (stolen) guns - and proceeded to shoot the guys in uniform. So much for being overpowered. The Indians had better firepower than the govt.///the buffalo hunters had the best weapons and that is one of the reasons they "GAVE Up."
The buffalo hunters could shoot the Indians up to a mile away. Indians didn't like that too much. The couldn't run rough shod over those guys. Shaking Head and grimacing.
They also had a few leaders with foresight - that told them they should give it up.
Would you like me to tell you what they did to innocent families - that were just trying to make a life for themselves in America? Huh? Pretty gruesome. If they didn't butcher you, they would abduct you. Especially children. So much for peaceful Indians.
What were you saying?
IM Responsible
"Would you like me to tell you what they did to innocent families - that were just trying to make a life for themselves in America?"

No thanks...you're too stupid, remember..? Besides, I already know.

"What were you saying?"

About what..?

"IM Responsible"

No you're not...you're a Darwin Award winner waiting to happen.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#82886 Nov 23, 2012
Responsible wrote:
<quoted text>
I am assuming you are a guy. If someone comes up to you on a public street and hits you in the back of the head with a pipe - you can't do anything about it, except drop to the ground.
So much for carrying a gun...
Ban pipes and guns. And while you're at it, ban fur.
Recherche
That is weak, man!

You WOULD hit somebody from behind, would'nt you?

Again with the crafted scenarios, it won't wash.

You know what you sound like?

"Meteors frighten me, there ought to be a law!"

Daddy cannot make all the scary things go away, sorry.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#82887 Nov 23, 2012
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
You say this;
"For some strange reason - SOME people feel sorry for the Indians. I don't. They only wanted to do two things. Fight and hunt. That was it. They were totally chauvinistic. Kind of like you guys."
Then call us "hate mongers"...ROTFLMAO.
Life was real good here before the boats brought all you people!

The Women had more influence than you give them credit for.

We had the entire continent groomed, to provide the most wildlife the land could sustain.

Our agriculture fed over 30 million people in the southeast quarter of the "U.S."

Of course it took us thousand of years to do this.

Thought we were talkin bout guns?
Tray

Oxford, MS

#82888 Nov 23, 2012
Responsible wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you could say........Yankee's are smarter than southerners.
I'm sorry we beat the hell out of ya during the Civil War. Sad/frown.
You did notice twice as many yankees died during the civil war as southerners? And only a smart yankee would call that a win. Haa Haa Haa.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#82889 Nov 23, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> You did notice twice as many yankees died during the civil war as southerners? And only a smart yankee would call that a win. Haa Haa Haa.
THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!!!

( and git spanked back down, just like before!)

I love the south, but I could'nt resist!

sorry
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#82890 Nov 23, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> You did notice twice as many yankees died during the civil war as southerners? And only a smart yankee would call that a win. Haa Haa Haa.
Get a job loser.

Seriously.
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

#82891 Nov 23, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a job loser.
Seriously.
As if you have one?
Tray

Oxford, MS

#82892 Nov 23, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a job loser.
Seriously.
I have a job for you. Pucker up. Seriously.
Tray

Oxford, MS

#82893 Nov 23, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!!!
( and git spanked back down, just like before!)
I love the south, but I could'nt resist!
sorry
The north better do a better job than before, they lost twice as many men as the south and a bullet to the head of their leader that started the war then called it a win. Well there is not much to worry about seeing as the north gave up their guns it should be a turkey shoot this time.

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

#82894 Nov 23, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> The north better do a better job than before, they lost twice as many men as the south and a bullet to the head of their leader that started the war then called it a win. Well there is not much to worry about seeing as the north gave up their guns it should be a turkey shoot this time.
You don't need bullets. You can do it economically. Even Airbus is opening a plant in S. Carolina. The only problem is, we still have an out of control federal government we wouldn't have if you had won the first time.:-)
Tray

Oxford, MS

#82895 Nov 23, 2012
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need bullets. You can do it economically. Even Airbus is opening a plant in S. Carolina. The only problem is, we still have an out of control federal government we wouldn't have if you had won the first time.:-)
Hey we took out the man in charge the first time with a bullet to the brain, it's not our fault the north keeps putting idiots back in the white house.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#82897 Nov 24, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
As if you have one?
Mine doesn't allow me the time to post in here 24/7 as you and others.

Funny thing about jobs....they consume time doing them.

LOL!!!

You stupid putz....you and many of these others make responsible gun owners look stupid as hell.

Thanks for nothing punk.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#82898 Nov 24, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>
Life was real good here before the boats brought all you people!
The Women had more influence than you give them credit for.
We had the entire continent groomed, to provide the most wildlife the land could sustain.
Our agriculture fed over 30 million people in the southeast quarter of the "U.S."
Of course it took us thousand of years to do this.
Thought we were talkin bout guns?
That quote was from the other person...NOT mine.

"Thought we were talkin bout guns?"

We were...go ask "responsible", she brought up the Indians in some failed attempt to support her position.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#82899 Nov 24, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
You stupid putz....you and many of these others make responsible gun owners look stupid as hell.
Thanks for nothing punk.
"...you and many of these others make responsible gun owners look stupid as hell."

You're doing great proving that of yourself.
Tray

Oxford, MS

#82901 Nov 24, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
Thanks for nothing punk.
Some of us own our own business so we can do whatever we want with our time, it's called being successful. We also can afford a lot of guns because of that success. We also choose to live in gun friendly states that don't interfere with our rights. Since none of this applies to you then that pretty much makes you stupid. Shouldn't you be at work supporting all the slackers in your state that has been bleeding your state and you dry? Shouldn't you work 2 jobs to pay for your prisons full of thugs? Shouldn't you be working 3 jobs to pay the health care on the hood rats that keep making babies but don't know who the daddy is or have a job but keep making them babies anyway? You don't have time for this so get yourself to work boy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Edward Snowden reveals tapping of major Austral... 13 min NZAC 5
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 1 hr piratefighting 13,108
Let's talk about sex - but not with 7-year-olds 5 hr Bob 1
Australia commits 600 troops to anti-IS campaign 8 hr Myth Buster 8
Faua wharf to get multi-million upgrade 15 hr Ezy 4
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 shot down over Uk... 15 hr Dimitri100 1,111
Manus Island detainees in sex video, PNG MP claims (Dec '13) 23 hr kidironi 12
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••