American Samoa unlikely to participate in Samoa's fautasi race

May 3, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Samoa News

The two fautasi that were invited to be a part of the celebration of the 50 year anniversary of independence for the government of Samoa are reluctant to take up the invitation, said Deputy Secretary of Samoan Affairs Nanai Afuola in an interview with Samoa News.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
_traditional_

Beijing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

haha..rowing traditional fautasi with flat wooden oars frighten A.Samoa fautasis..Samoa 50years fautasi race will recall a hard game for a real man..

“Live life one day at a time.”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

_traditional_ wrote:
haha..rowing traditional fautasi with flat wooden oars frighten A.Samoa fautasis..Samoa 50years fautasi race will recall a hard game for a real man..
frighten? we've moved on. I think the real issue here is money. Most of the villages in Samoa if not all do not have the funds to build a high tech fautasi. It is like asking track runners to use flip flops rather than sport shoes
_traditional_

Beijing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

i dont care what Samoa mo Amelika is trying to say!..IF you've moved on, produce traditional fautasis to help killing obesity!..save money to build your own government independently..one simple word "coward"...and fautasi race in Samoa mo Amelika must be replaced with "yacht race"...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

no one is saying anything about your traditional boats or calling you cowards or afraid or independent....what the heck is all this about. just go ahead and have your celebration without trashing us. anyway the fautasi thing started here. Whatever we want to do with it is our business. If you want tradition go back to paopao and have your traditional race.
_traditional_

Beijing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

did fautasi samoa originated from fiber-glass??.i dont think so...dont ever use "fautasi"..thats my word..start calling your race "yacht race" from today..u cant av/u cant build it without Amelika.imagine you run your own small island with 50,000 people or below.we can build hi-tech (we can)(yes we can) BUT we pocket the value of traditional fautasi in terms of sportmenship/strength/power/re spect AND save cash to poison pests and more...hu cares if you wont come? hu cares? "Le motu o salaia"..hu said that to you, fautasi was started here, Tutuila was called "Le Motu o Salaia" in the old days.."faa-aunuua iai pagota i aso ua mavae"..."UNinhabita nt" long long ago..
AMERIKA = NWO = ANTICHRIST = ILLUMINATI = HELL..<period/(t)>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2012

did traditional samoa have fautasi? nope, they had paopao. Kulula were used by samoans to carry people and cargo from big passenger ships.(remember these are western world concept) Samoa on the east decided to create fautasi and make it a sport out of this Kulula idea borrowed from a foreign world.

Don't forget that Manua is the main center of Samoas history. Your prestige and honor were bestow upon you by the grace and kindness of his high and mighty Tuimanua. Tutuila was part of the Tuiaana district but by the end of the 18th century boldly challenge their status and broke away from Tuiaana and declared its independent. Malietoa end up solicit the assistance of other high chiefs in Tutuila to overthrow Mauga of Pago Pago but was met with fierce Eagle resistance. I believe this was another important Taeao for Tutuila.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

please leave Jesus and America out of your rant and idiotic argument. Stick to the issue and that is Fautasi.

u can't build without Amelika? WE ARE AMREIKA SAMOA.

and remember that Samoa too get most of its funds from remittance and of course ..by the way, what are you doing in CHINA
_traditional_

Beijing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

haha..o le motu o salaia..ole motu o pagota...
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

soia wrote:
Don't forget that Manua is the main center of Samoas history. Your prestige and honor were bestow upon you by the grace and kindness of his high and mighty Tuimanua. Tutuila was part of the Tuiaana district but by the end of the 18th century boldly challenge their status and broke away from Tuiaana and declared its independent. Malietoa end up solicit the assistance of other high chiefs in Tutuila to overthrow Mauga of Pago Pago but was met with fierce Eagle resistance. I believe this was another important Taeao for Tutuila.
You sure have a lot of hatred towards Samoa, and over a stupid fautasi. Get a life.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure have a lot of hatred towards Samoa, and over a stupid fautasi. Get a life.
traditional has been blabbing his mouth for some time but you will wait for a response from me so you could attack. You known what I don't give a hoot if you're offended I am only stating the facts miss proud. Your friend tradition would insist that Tutuila is inferior and I correct him by stating the fact that all nobility title and prestige were granted from the malae ole vavau. I don't think you even care to correct or comment on traditions racist remarks because you like it. so I say to you and tradition GET A LIFE.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

_traditional_ wrote:
haha..o le motu o salaia..ole motu o pagota...
JHow small of you to think I would become upset with your need some attention rant.
_traditional_

Beijing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Samoa's 50 years fautasi race will be the most interesting event ever!..due to the facts that the normal race distance will be doubling, real samoan fautasi with wooden propellers will empowered by the rowers strength/heart/tough/guts and fight wind and water resistance!..wow interesting!..Samoa mo Samoa...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Like I said before you can believe your PM while we believe our skipper.

anyways will the fiber glass Kionasina race in this race? hypocracy

http://www.samoanews.com/...
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

soia wrote:
<quoted text>traditional has been blabbing his mouth for some time but you will wait for a response from me so you could attack. You known what I don't give a hoot if you're offended I am only stating the facts miss proud. Your friend tradition would insist that Tutuila is inferior and I correct him by stating the fact that all nobility title and prestige were granted from the malae ole vavau. I don't think you even care to correct or comment on traditions racist remarks because you like it. so I say to you and tradition GET A LIFE.
Why would I want to correct it when it's you who's posting all this rubbish?. Yes you. Stop trying to hide behind different aliases Mr Editor. This is getting old.

Your MO from the start have always been to strart friction between the two Samoas, or between Tonga and Samoa. It's so blatantly obvious. Why?. If you don't like Samoans come out and say it but don't go around spreading your hatred because it's getting pathetic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I want to correct it when it's you who's posting all this rubbish?. Yes you. Stop trying to hide behind different aliases Mr Editor. This is getting old.
Your MO from the start have always been to strart friction between the two Samoas, or between Tonga and Samoa. It's so blatantly obvious. Why?. If you don't like Samoans come out and say it but don't go around spreading your hatred because it's getting pathetic.
I am a Samoan. although born in the U.S but have lived here for almost my entire life. What rubbish. All post I have made are purely mine. stop generalizing the subject and get straight to the point. I've been attacked and trying to DEFEND my islands image from people like you from the beginning. People like you have been trashing us from the beginning. If you ever dare to read this "traditional" characters reply. you will see how vicious and ugly his attack have been from the beginning. but then you don't give a sh*t because you are one of them
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

soia wrote:
<quoted text>I am a Samoan. although born in the U.S but have lived here for almost my entire life. What rubbish. All post I have made are purely mine. stop generalizing the subject and get straight to the point. I've been attacked and trying to DEFEND my islands image from people like you from the beginning. People like you have been trashing us from the beginning. If you ever dare to read this "traditional" characters reply. you will see how vicious and ugly his attack have been from the beginning. but then you don't give a sh*t because you are one of them
Soia what are you on about?. I've been straight to the point from the get go. Stop making it out like there is hatred going on between the two Samoans because it only existed in your head. Nobody is trashing A.Samoa except you. Quit arguing with yourself and go talk to a real person.

I don't care

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Traditional said this about American Samoa

haha..rowing traditional fautasi with flat wooden oars frighten A.Samoa fautasis..Samoa 50years fautasi race will recall a hard game for a real man.

produce traditional fautasis to help killing obesity!..save money to build your own government independently..one simple word "coward"

Tutuila was called "Le Motu o Salaia" in the old days.."faa-aunuua iai pagota i aso ua mavae"..."UNinhabita nt" long long ago..
AMERIKA = NWO = ANTICHRIST = ILLUMINATI = HELL..<period/(t)>

I only respond negatively because I had enough of his trash after he said so much of our Island...and at the mean time you waited for a mishap on my part. Well forget you....and your hidden bias
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

soia wrote:
I only respond negatively because I had enough of his trash after he said so much of our Island...and at the mean time you waited for a mishap on my part. Well forget you....and your hidden bias
Soia o a hidden ageda?. E leai ni manatu fa’apena o i lo’u mafaufau. Pau a le atugaluga lea e ia te a’u o le fai so’o, ua le fai tasi pe lua ae ua fai so’o nei ituaiga mataupu fa’avalevalea fa’apea e le maua ai se va feaoloaloa’i ma le fealofani o o tatou tagata. O le a le tatou mea aoga e maua ai. E matua fuamoa a. O le aganu’u ma agaifanua a le atunu’u o a ni fa’afitauli e tutupu e fofo lava i le ava fatafata, tausi le va tapuia, le va fealofani ma galulue so’oso’o tau’au e tausi le filemu. A o le mea lea ua maitauina o le fai a o se fa’amatalaga a se isi ona tei a lea ua fai fua foaga e le’i fai misa, ma fa’asoloatoa ai a lea o fa’amatalaga e le matagofie i le fa’alogo.
Proud

Lower Hutt, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Sorry agenda...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Ia o lea ua e kalagoa mai ile leo e fealofagi uma ai kakou. o le mataupu sa ou talanoa mai iai ile amataga o lo'u manatu e fai sa'o lava ile Aeto. Sa ou manatu e le tatau ona alu i lea tau tuuga vaa aua e le'o gatusa faamatalaga ole mea na tutupu ile tau tuuga sa fai ile tausaga ua te'a. Ma sa ou manatu o finauga ia e fai e leai seisi e malo. Ma ua sili ai ona malolo

O lou tama o Traditional ua fai mai ona faamatalaga e le totogia ma le lelei. Manaia pe ana faasino tonu lona manatu e faatatau i tuuga vaa ae le ole sooga fai o ona faamatalaga faalauaitele ma le mataga.

Ou te iloa foi le loto tiga pe'a faimai faamatalaga faapea ia te au. Oute iloa foi tu'i ma sali ae le na'o le talitali. Ia e le sa'o le tagata i taimi uma. e iai foi le taimi e sasi ai. Ia o lea ia faamagalo mai ita. I hope we understand each other and do understand things get out of hand when an instigator burns a fire,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••