Samoa Voices Choir Competition to be hosted at 2013 Pasifika Fest

Feb 4, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Samoa News

The 21st Pasifika Festival will take place on March 9 and 10 at Western Springs Park, Auckland.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“TIGRESS,SCORPION ,PHOENIX”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Sounds like a wonderful opportunity for local High Schools and Youth church choirs, back in the islands.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

since when did Samoans know how to sing... psshht! lmao

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Poly KING wrote:
MOVE ON HATER. Your hateful rant is not welcomed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Poly KING wrote:
If malice or envy were tangible and had a shape, it would be the shape of a boomerang. 
~Charley Reese
wow

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

I normally just go for the food, but I cant wait to see this competition. I love watching Samoan choirs perform.
Uiha

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Masina wrote:
<quoted text>
If malice or envy were tangible and had a shape, it would be the shape of a boomerang. 
~Charley Reese
The progenitors of simoya are Tongans Uiha da commoner

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Uiha wrote:
<quoted text>The progenitors of simoya are Tongans Uiha da commoner
Haters never win. I just think that's true about life, because negative energy always costs in the end.
Tom Hiddleston
jackie PHIL

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Wish them good luck! Hope you'll bring home the
bacon.
Uiha

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Masina wrote:
<quoted text>
Haters never win. I just think that's true about life, because negative energy always costs in the end.
Tom Hiddleston
"false evaluatin simo history to equal Tongan hsitory of a paramount empire causes mental illness" Uiha da commoner

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Uiha wrote:
<quoted text>"false evaluatin simo history to equal Tongan hsitory of a paramount empire causes mental illness" Uiha da commoner
Is life so wretched? Isn't it rather your hands which are too small, your vision which is muddled? You are the one who must grow up.
~Dag Hammarskjold
Uiha

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Masina wrote:
<quoted text>
Is life so wretched? Isn't it rather your hands which are too small, your vision which is muddled? You are the one who must grow up.
~Dag Hammarskjold
when u come to terms n accept your pathetic history of slavery to Tongans fo 585 years then only then you truly have grown up Uiha da Commoner
hardly

Rotorua, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Uiha wrote:
<quoted text>when u come to terms n accept your pathetic history of slavery to Tongans fo 585 years then only then you truly have grown up Uiha da Commoner
yeah we will, fiapoko!....as soon as you can accept you're in denial that every Samoan that you speak, text, email, topix to is of Super Samoan, superior being toto to your little commoner toto...!!!.... waiting?????
Uiha

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

hardly wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah we will, fiapoko!....as soon as you can accept you're in denial that every Samoan that you speak, text, email, topix to is of Super Samoan, superior being toto to your little commoner toto...!!!.... waiting?????
every simo is a product of Tu'i Fai fai n his 12 inch laho n his Tautahi during the Tongan occupation of simoland fo 585 years,they enslaved the usis n had they way with da sungas while your men folk slavin in da fields....Uiha da Commoner
Sasa

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

man western springs sure brings back memories, aghh those moments , if only there was time machine.....anyways would be great seeing young Samoa peeps strut their stuff , will it be on DVD once it's finished
Sasa

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Poly KING wrote:
most Samoans can sing brudda , and toga's and fiti's and most polys too ....oe se lol
hardly

Rotorua, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Uiha wrote:
<quoted text>every simo is a product of Tu'i Fai fai n his 12 inch laho n his Tautahi during the Tongan occupation of simoland fo 585 years,they enslaved the usis n had they way with da sungas while your men folk slavin in da fields....Uiha da Commoner
in your dreams mata'usi!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

ps: evidence dreamer evidence!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Sasa wrote:
<quoted text> most Samoans can sing brudda , and toga's and fiti's and most polys too ....oe se lol
Samoan choirs of today lost the polyphonic harmonic singing that are still found in Tonga, Tokelau, Tahiti, Uvea, Cook Islands, Fiji, Rotuma , Tuvalu and stuff...

I think Samoa, Maori, and Hawaii are Polynesian cultures that have lost that touch of raw polyphonic harmonies that are so infamous of Polynesian choral music.

Reason: Samoa sounds too westernized nowadays. The choirs sound pleasant per Western Standards but they have lost that Polynesian touch of letting your heart and vocals belt out the notes. Lost the Mana, so to speak. Plus, throw out those cheap keyboard organ sounds, it just ruins it... don't get me wrong, Samoans can sing but many of them have lost the polyphonic Mana of singing...
quxzux

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

quxzux wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=P5s QIb_WLN8
it was nice
deez nuttz... get over on this.. LOL

Since: Feb 13

Reservoir, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Masina wrote:
Sounds like a wonderful opportunity for local High Schools and Youth church choirs, back in the islands.
Sounds awesome!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••