War Indonesia vs Australia, Who will win? - Topix

Jan 27, 2011 Full story: www.topix.com 4,606

POLL: Indo totally destroy Aussies * Indo wins after a struggle * Aussie mgd to defend itself * Aussie surrender without fight....

Full Story

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#4485 Oct 5, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text> Calling me stupid doesn't help your cause. I stand by my argument.
In most wars, it is the foreign invading force that loses. Australia should have learnt by now since its fought so many losing wars alongside the americans. Also, I'm not saying that Indonesia has a better military than Australia. I'm saying that Australia is frightened of Indonesia.
Your argument makes no sense. And while your statement is true for Indonesia (Everytime Indonesia has invaded another country they've ended up losing, Malaysia, East Timor). Your basically saying that the global war on terror has been lost just because America was involved, but if you look at the statistics, the number of terror attacks in the region has decreased, the terrorist causalities far exceed that of the coalition casualties and the Al Qaeda leadership has been destroyed with military forces now leaving the country, i'd call that a win. The only recent war that was truly a loss was the Vietnam war and that was lost due to political reasons, American forces won almost every major land battle against the NVA. Unless you can provide proof that Australia is frightened of Indonesia you can not use that statement as leverage, as I've said, most Australians are more worried about China or North Korea than Indonesia.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#4486 Oct 5, 2013
Greater Turkey wrote:
Indonesia is not the same Indonesia Australia fought during the Malay-Indo war . Today Indonesia is an emerging superpower and far better armed than before .
Australia isn't the same Australia either, Australia is far better armed before and is a member of the UN security council, do you think an active UN member can be attacked with no international reaction? Indonesia is far from an emerging super power my friend, Indonesia's government is still saturated in corruption and is generally regarded as a 3rd world country by many current powerful nations.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#4492 Oct 5, 2013
Greater Turkey wrote:
<quoted text>China , Russia is also saturated in corruption and that has not stopped those nations from building up a powerful military . Today Indonesia Gdp in purchasing power parity is bigger than Australias and it won't be long before Indonesia overtakes Australia in nominal Gdp .
Indonesia doesn't have a strong military though, they have a large military, the soldiers of the TNI are poorly trained in comparison to the ADF soldiers and corrupted in there own sense
LOL

Kellyville, Australia

#4493 Oct 5, 2013
Shadowraptor360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument makes no sense. And while your statement is true for Indonesia (Everytime Indonesia has invaded another country they've ended up losing, Malaysia, East Timor). Your basically saying that the global war on terror has been lost just because America was involved, but if you look at the statistics, the number of terror attacks in the region has decreased, the terrorist causalities far exceed that of the coalition casualties and the Al Qaeda leadership has been destroyed with military forces now leaving the country, i'd call that a win. The only recent war that was truly a loss was the Vietnam war and that was lost due to political reasons, American forces won almost every major land battle against the NVA. Unless you can provide proof that Australia is frightened of Indonesia you can not use that statement as leverage, as I've said, most Australians are more worried about China or North Korea than Indonesia.
It looks like you've bought the propaganda.

There was no war on terror. Terror is just an excuse to invade countries of geopolitical importance and to get control of their resources.

There are wars in Afghanistan and Iraq which have been going on for over 10 years. Winning military battles is nothing if you don't have the control of the country, which would also the seppo's main goal because they want control of the country and the resources. That's not really winning, isn't it?

America has resorted to fighting with and supporting Al-Qaeda in the dispute in Syria. That means that Al-Qaeda still exists as strongly as ever and that americans aren't really interested in fighting terrorist organisations. They want resources and control.

They've also lost their credibility with all their recent spying scandals after telling the world that they were all about freedom, human rights or whatever other ideal.

Adding everything together, america has failed miserably.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#4494 Oct 5, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text> It looks like you've bought the propaganda.
There was no war on terror. Terror is just an excuse to invade countries of geopolitical importance and to get control of their resources.
There are wars in Afghanistan and Iraq which have been going on for over 10 years. Winning military battles is nothing if you don't have the control of the country, which would also the seppo's main goal because they want control of the country and the resources. That's not really winning, isn't it?
America has resorted to fighting with and supporting Al-Qaeda in the dispute in Syria. That means that Al-Qaeda still exists as strongly as ever and that americans aren't really interested in fighting terrorist organisations. They want resources and control.
They've also lost their credibility with all their recent spying scandals after telling the world that they were all about freedom, human rights or whatever other ideal.
Adding everything together, america has failed miserably.
This isn't about America though is it? Australia has been in the war to eliminate Islamic terrorists who have been suppressing the region for years, the Al Qaeda is not as strong as ever, they are now resorting to killing each other in confusion and the Afghanistan government is capable of defending itself. The war in middle east never was an invasion, it was a peace keeping operation to stop the terrorists as they posed a threat to the western world. And Indonesia has done what you've just described as well, invading East Timor on implications it was to stop the spread of communism and we all know how that ended up.
LOL

Kellyville, Australia

#4495 Oct 5, 2013
Shadowraptor360 wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't about America though is it? Australia has been in the war to eliminate Islamic terrorists who have been suppressing the region for years, the Al Qaeda is not as strong as ever, they are now resorting to killing each other in confusion and the Afghanistan government is capable of defending itself. The war in middle east never was an invasion, it was a peace keeping operation to stop the terrorists as they posed a threat to the western world. And Indonesia has done what you've just described as well, invading East Timor on implications it was to stop the spread of communism and we all know how that ended up.
Yet the americans (I use that term since they're the main party and Australia follows them like good obedient dogs) have resorted to supporting Al-Qaeda in Syria. So much for anti-terrorism.

Indonesia lost in East Timor just like how america will eventually be kicked out of Iraq and Afghanistan, and just like how it was booted out in Vietnam.
Celastrina

Kuantan, Malaysia

#4496 Oct 5, 2013
Indonesia can't afford a war.
Economic recovery from decades of corrupt leaders.
Present military dominated by ethnic Javanese.
Internal racial division.
Difficult to build industries due to decades of poor education system
But she can still give Australia a bloody nose.
KGB

Surabaya, Indonesia

#4497 Oct 6, 2013
The United States of America is the Master. Since Australia obey America like donkeys. Could you free yourself from slavery?!, hahaha

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#4498 Oct 6, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>Yet the americans (I use that term since they're the main party and Australia follows them like good obedient dogs) have resorted to supporting Al-Qaeda in Syria. So much for anti-terrorism.
Indonesia lost in East Timor just like how america will eventually be kicked out of Iraq and Afghanistan, and just like how it was booted out in Vietnam.
Funny you say that, it'll be awkward if Iraq and Afghanistan do kick America out, since the United States is currently pulling out of the region and have you read the news lately?

http://news.yahoo.com/us-says-captures-al-qae...

The US isn't after resources or land, there after the terrorists who flew a damn plane into one of there national icons! As for Syria, the US is against the government, who has repeatedly made threats against the United States and has broken UN law by using chemical weapons, the US just wants them dead.
Lastly, you forgot to hide your location, if you want to talk s**t about Australia don't f***ing live here then!

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#4499 Oct 6, 2013
KGB wrote:
The United States of America is the Master. Since Australia obey America like donkeys. Could you free yourself from slavery?!, hahaha
Again, that's your opinion and you have no evidence to support your claim, in my eyes it looks like you have no arguments to make so you decide to try and use the close relationship between Australia and America as some kind of leverage to why Indonesia is better than Australia.
I honestly fail to see any argument in that stupid comment, if anything its Ironic, the Indonesians needed the Japanese to invade to free them from Dutch slavery, where they then became Japanese slaves for the duration of World War 2.
Bogensexpat

Surabaya, Indonesia

#4501 Oct 6, 2013
Celastrina wrote:
Indonesia can't afford a war.
Economic recovery from decades of corrupt leaders.
Present military dominated by ethnic Javanese.
Internal racial division.
Difficult to build industries due to decades of poor education system
But she can still give Australia a bloody nose.
Indonesia's economy is strong and rich, they can destroy Malaysia in a blink of an eye
Fighting of a nation with backwarded military equipment and small number like Malaysia would be an easy win
There are interacial diviion among political party and rights between the ethnic of Malaysia, ethnic Chinese, Indian,and Malays in Malaysia aren't even united, they hate each other.. In Indonesia it is pretty much anyone who can fight, but the Javanese happened to be the dominant number.
The literacy rate of Indonesia is higher than of Malaysia, the education is perfectly fine, but has hard time to reach its far off provinces and minor small towns
Bogensexpat

Surabaya, Indonesia

#4502 Oct 6, 2013
Greater Turkey wrote:
Indonesia is not the same Indonesia Australia fought during the Malay-Indo war . Today Indonesia is an emerging superpower and far better armed than before .
Yes we are a superpower, we can crush Turkey to dust

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#4503 Oct 6, 2013
Bogensexpat wrote:
<quoted text>Yes we are a superpower, we can crush Turkey to dust
Indonesia is not a super power. Military wise, its standard issue for a world super power to operate aircraft carriers, which Indonesia does not operate and while Australia doesn't operate carriers either, Australia's new amphibious assault ships may be able to operate F-35C VTOL fighters. A super power is also able to inflict its influence and deploy its military on a global scale, which Indonesia is unable to do. Indonesia also lacks any major advantages over other countries that could give an advantage in the global market. Russia and America have weapon exports, Japan has technology, China has Industry, Australia has mining and medicine, but Indonesia has nothing that other countries lack. no offence

Since: Nov 09

Podolsk, Russia

#4504 Oct 6, 2013
Bogensexpat wrote:
<quoted text>Yes we are a superpower, we can crush Turkey to dust
You can crush Turkey how?
You`re on the opposite side of the globe.
KGB

Surabaya, Indonesia

#4505 Oct 6, 2013
Shadowraptor360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Indonesia is not a super power. Military wise, its standard issue for a world super power to operate aircraft carriers, which Indonesia does not operate and while Australia doesn't operate carriers either, Australia's new amphibious assault ships may be able to operate F-35C VTOL fighters. A super power is also able to inflict its influence and deploy its military on a global scale, which Indonesia is unable to do. Indonesia also lacks any major advantages over other countries that could give an advantage in the global market. Russia and America have weapon exports, Japan has technology, China has Industry, Australia has mining and medicine, but Indonesia has nothing that other countries lack. no offence
Indonesia is an emerging super power. It only takes a few decades to be the real super power in the region. Indonesia has overwhelming human resources and natural resources. 237 million Indonesian vs 23 million Australian, the ratio is about 1 : 10. You do the math. One Australian must kill at least 10 Indonesian.
Mig29

United States

#4508 Oct 6, 2013
@shadowraptor: my point is the max range of F18... what places that she want to drop bomb and back to base? aussy_jakarta 2000km its mean 4000km for f18 mission. growler? yea it greats planes but we have sukhoi su30 with anti awacs missle kh31p. if tension betwen two country hotter we will doubled the sukhoi skadrons... indonesian dpartmnt of defence are negociate buying the Pantsyr sam system. just shotdown the pantsyr sam radar and the growler not able to find it. total war? both sides will suffer..
Bogensexpat

Surabaya, Indonesia

#4509 Oct 6, 2013
Alexey25 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can crush Turkey how?
You`re on the opposite side of the globe.
Military transport? duh what century are you living in
Mig29

United States

#4510 Oct 6, 2013
@a spastic: yes i agree with you... both sides have too many bussines and cooperated. no war in the next 50 years from now..
Lebs are Scum

Mclean, VA

#4511 Oct 6, 2013
This fine Australian citizen should be placed in the Army fighting for Australia.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-aust...

All he has to do is cut down on those yummy hotdogs!

Since: Nov 09

Podolsk, Russia

#4513 Oct 6, 2013
Bogensexpat wrote:
<quoted text>Military transport? duh what century are you living in
And how many of troops those transports will carry at once?
The troops can be carried by small protions, which Trkish army will outnumber greatly.
What about airplanes? Does Indosesia have a lot of carriers? Is it goin to fight 21sst century war without aviation? Turkey will have military airplanes at hand, which will destroy all of your military transports, before they even reach Turkish shore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 4 min NoMo 26,871
Australian PM urged to go easy on refugees afte... 28 min CACAtracker 17
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) 3 hr tongangodz 1,968
Nothing Common about stunning slice of history 6 hr LMR 11
Family of student travelling to Australia when ... 11 hr Moo 1
Tim Harper: PM back on top in parliamentary sea... 18 hr no Wynne situation 1
Jewish leaders pan Australian lawmakers' attemp... Dec 17 The Awakener 44
More from around the web