Comments
1 - 20 of 2,802 Comments Last updated 19 hrs ago
First Prev
of 141
Next Last
Nordic

Gjøvik, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 25, 2008
 

Judged:

62

46

19

Been living in Norway for 9 years but the time has come to move on. Why? Incredible boredom!! It must be the most boring country in the world - by far!!

And standards are falling quickly. prices are so inflated that it is unbelievable. The people are often rude and arrogant. They talk about themselves and money - along with anything reagrding Norway. They don't say please. They ignore queues and they make up prices for services i.e to rip you off. They couldn't give a hoot about tourists. They have no sense of humour and they effectively work half a day. Can't get anything official done because all Govt. workers are home by 3pm.

Just come to Norway if you want to die of boredom. I thought the idea of a 'cleaner' and healthier lifestyle would appeal... andf maybe it would if it was out of Norway. The price to have nice scenrery is far too high here because the people, their attitudes and their arrogance (and arguably, their ignornace) is not worth the sacrifice. Selling up at the moment and I can't wait to leave. Awful place.
I agree

Kyrksæterøra, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 4, 2008
 

Judged:

16

10

8

It's a sad country, and perhaps end up eaten up by her asylseekers and become a muslim culture + norwegian attitude.
CANJ

Nesbru, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 4, 2008
 

Judged:

11

9

6

Norway is booring, but it si a good county,
yes the standards are falling, look at the murders, 17murders so far, new recond, 99% done by NON-Norwegian persons. Stupid.

I like the fact that the prices are high.
BUT better to come to Norway and die of boredom then getting stoned in your own county.
BUT DO NOT COME HERE AND COMMIT MURDERS.
(Did not talk about you, you might be from sweden from all I know)
CANJ

Nesbru, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 4, 2008
 

Judged:

21

12

9

And the Norwegian salary are so hight that you can travel ANY place you like, you can work ONE year, and then you can buy a new house outside Norway.

Blame yourself for not doing any activity.
antalya

Ankara, Turkey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 8, 2008
 

Judged:

12

4

4

Nordic wrote:
Been living in Norway for 9 years but the time has come to move on. Why? Incredible boredom!! It must be the most boring country in the world - by far!!
And standards are falling quickly. prices are so inflated that it is unbelievable. The people are often rude and arrogant. They talk about themselves and money - along with anything reagrding Norway. They don't say please. They ignore queues and they make up prices for services i.e to rip you off. They couldn't give a hoot about tourists. They have no sense of humour and they effectively work half a day. Can't get anything official done because all Govt. workers are home by 3pm.
Just come to Norway if you want to die of boredom. I thought the idea of a 'cleaner' and healthier lifestyle would appeal... andf maybe it would if it was out of Norway. The price to have nice scenrery is far too high here because the people, their attitudes and their arrogance (and arguably, their ignornace) is not worth the sacrifice. Selling up at the moment and I can't wait to leave. Awful place.
seems to be true
passserby

Oslo, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 13, 2008
 

Judged:

20

8

4

I've been living in Norway for almost two years now, I tend to agree with what you say. The level xenophobia you find in Norway is beyond comprehension and people are very insensitive to other's feelings.
Leftlaner

Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 16, 2008
 

Judged:

21

20

12

I think it is rather harsh to diss a community or even a whole country based on one man's limited experience. Nordic, guess what: Life is what you make of it. I'm sure you are able to get bored to death in any country of the world. Maybe it's not the country and it's 5 million inhabitants that has a problem. Maybe it's you? Just a thought :)

Are you originally from UK by the way?:-)
NorwayGirl

Bergen, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 30, 2008
 

Judged:

12

9

8

I'd say Oslo is boring, not Norway.

Oslo is the city for bored fortune-seekers, and guess what; they find life just as boring after moving to Oslo. Because they're not able to do something about it.

Oslo is not for real. No soul. It's just a big parking lot with a giant roundabout, and the inhabitants are zombies.

Come to Bergen. A genuine town, with genuine people who are very much alive.
bornfree

Stabekk, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 1, 2008
 

Judged:

15

2

2

I've lived in Oslo for 2 years, then moved to Bærum (just few km from oslo). I thought I'd find life, but NOOOHHHHH!!!!

If you want to be an old widow, sitting in the porch smoking, then you would love norway.
My point is, norway is just not my type. People enjoy the company of their own self. THey don't even greet you. RULE of the thumb: if you want a conversation with some norwegians, just fart!! They wouldnt talk to you otherwise....(kidding...)

Norway is a good place for retirees... But definitely not for younger people, ages 20+....

What i like most of this country, is the very quite nightlife. Just yesterday, i slept for almost 12 hours!!! amazing...

Going back to madrid tomorrow...
joe joker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 2, 2008
 

Judged:

19

17

12

Nordic wrote:
Been living in Norway for 9 years but the time has come to move on. Why? Incredible boredom!! It must be the most boring country in the world - by far!!
And standards are falling quickly. prices are so inflated that it is unbelievable. The people are often rude and arrogant. They talk about themselves and money - along with anything reagrding Norway. They don't say please. They ignore queues and they make up prices for services i.e to rip you off. They couldn't give a hoot about tourists. They have no sense of humour and they effectively work half a day. Can't get anything official done because all Govt. workers are home by 3pm.
Just come to Norway if you want to die of boredom. I thought the idea of a 'cleaner' and healthier lifestyle would appeal... andf maybe it would if it was out of Norway. The price to have nice scenrery is far too high here because the people, their attitudes and their arrogance (and arguably, their ignornace) is not worth the sacrifice. Selling up at the moment and I can't wait to leave. Awful place.
Boring people get bored.
Mo_z
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 2, 2008
 

Judged:

8

6

5

I like to know about Norway. I am reading people's comments over websites, hearing from people and trying to figure out how life is going on in there. My brother lives there and he speaks higly of them. He is an asylum seeker and he just started over the decent life he couldn't get here in our country. Living there for almost 2 years sounds like enough time to come up with a fair and reasonable judgement. Maybe because he is a hard-working man and, for the first time in his life, was given the chance to start a new life away from violence and political oppression. He feels bored every once and a while there but who doesn't? He never said Norwegians are arrogant but we can't judge people according to the words they use/don't in everyday life because every single country has its ways, notions and patterns of living. For the record, he lives in oslo. Thanks for raising this topic.
Norwegian who left

Klagenfurt, Austria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 5, 2008
 

Judged:

27

18

8

i can understand very well what you are talking about. i left my homecountry myself. the main reasons are the incredible and scary xenophobia that is spreading like a cancer across the country. the norwegian tabloid, and there is only tabloid in norway, always succeeds in their propaganda about the criminal immigrants and the peaceful norwegians. i hate hearing about oil richdom when you can look at the fucked up infrastructure norway has got. norway is not only boring, its highly overprized. the people are not really arrogant, they are ignorant and hypocrits. they are egoists, cause all that matters is glamour and cars, houses and boats. i didnt want to raise my children with such attitudes. im happy to have left norway and i will never move back.
One who pisses high

Lacey, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 28, 2008
 

Judged:

11

11

3

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for realistic picture of this nation of freaks with inferiority complex. brainwashed patriots who love their country yet can't buy flowers for their women, because that's how primitve they are. Thank you, thank you, thank you, and one more time thank You!
wisk

Kristianstad, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 14, 2009
 

Judged:

6

5

3

There are lot of immigrants and some are illegal immigrant working illegaly in Norway. There many immigrant living in Norway more than 5 -8 years without working permit. Norway government especially in Immigration officers and Home Affeirs ministries are recist and inhuman policies toward immigrants and thier famillies. they don't have any morely status in World Stages. Most Norwegiens societes are good poeples but their governments and policies are worse. Current governments is abusing human right issues and Geneve convention. norweregien society praising a changes and better government for coming elections
Agree

Oslo, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 14, 2009
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Nordic wrote:
Been living in Norway for 9 years but the time has come to move on. Why? Incredible boredom!! It must be the most boring country in the world - by far!!
And standards are falling quickly. prices are so inflated that it is unbelievable. The people are often rude and arrogant. They talk about themselves and money - along with anything reagrding Norway. They don't say please. They ignore queues and they make up prices for services i.e to rip you off. They couldn't give a hoot about tourists. They have no sense of humour and they effectively work half a day. Can't get anything official done because all Govt. workers are home by 3pm.
Just come to Norway if you want to die of boredom. I thought the idea of a 'cleaner' and healthier lifestyle would appeal... andf maybe it would if it was out of Norway. The price to have nice scenrery is far too high here because the people, their attitudes and their arrogance (and arguably, their ignornace) is not worth the sacrifice. Selling up at the moment and I can't wait to leave. Awful place.
Not to mention the Gov monopoly, shocking amount of secondhand smoke and high auto emissions from idling cars, norweigan smokers should be held responsible for global warming. Poor kids....
Lars

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 16, 2009
 

Judged:

12

7

6

I agree wrote:
It's a sad country, and perhaps end up eaten up by her asylseekers and become a muslim culture + norwegian attitude.
They are letting the muslims take over, and the crime laws are so weak , that I felt it was no longer safe to live in Oslo. So I moved to America. The people here are very friendly and nice. The Americans are the most generous friendly people I have ever known. Everybody likes to talk bad about America, but as soon as you live here, you don't want to leave. You have to see it to believe it. There is nothing in the world like America.

Norway is way overpriced. In America , the food is much better and so is the price. If you want to see Norway for 1/10 the price, then take a cruse ship to Alaska. It looks just like Norway.

I love Norway, but the prices for everything are crazy. In America, I am living like a king. You can buy 12 beers for the price of one in Norway.
I still love Norway, but the taxes and high prices are criminal. There are many Norwegians in Seattle. We are tax refugees.
Lars

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 16, 2009
 

Judged:

7

4

4

NorwayGirl wrote:
I'd say Oslo is boring, not Norway.
Oslo is the city for bored fortune-seekers, and guess what; they find life just as boring after moving to Oslo. Because they're not able to do something about it.
Oslo is not for real. No soul. It's just a big parking lot with a giant roundabout, and the inhabitants are zombies.
Come to Bergen. A genuine town, with genuine people who are very much alive.
You are right. Bergen is much better.
One who pisses high

Lacey, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 16, 2009
 

Judged:

14

13

8

average income in norway is $50.000 a year, they think it is a lot of money. hi, hi, you norks must be really poor in the past thinking that 50 gees is a lot. and they say that they can afford everything like a $ 100000 new car that cost $25000 everywhere else, in civilized world, that is. they could at least use soap more often, you primitive peasants
Ola Oppigard

Trondheim, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 18, 2009
 

Judged:

7

6

4

One who pisses high wrote:
average income in norway is $50.000 a year, they think it is a lot of money. hi, hi, you norks must be really poor in the past thinking that 50 gees is a lot. and they say that they can afford everything like a $ 100000 new car that cost $25000 everywhere else, in civilized world, that is. they could at least use soap more often, you primitive peasants
Oh, shut up you stupid "squarehead", we have more than enough American "soap" on our tv, how terrebly BORING that is!
Natural smells are more interesting, but you "over there" are probably scared to death about natural smells!
Magnus

Lisbon, Portugal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 26, 2009
 

Judged:

6

6

4

Norway's the country of black metal. It's no surprise people are cold up there. But I think thats cool

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 141
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Norway Forum right now

Search the Norway Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Norwegians have no loyalty for their king? 13 hr Jeff 11
I need a girl friend in Norway.... i leave Norw... (Apr '12) 19 hr guls 61
Average wage in Norway, 35,200 NOK - net or gro... (Mar '11) Thu Bananas 105
My Norwegian Wife was a Bitch, Was Yours? (Apr '12) Jul 28 Jane 78
Aftensolen Smiler Lyrics (Nov '07) Jul 28 tottisol 3
Norway is an utopia? (Jan '14) Jul 25 Ainu 11
Are the Norwegian racist toward black people???I (Apr '11) Jul 25 Snowman 421
•••
•••