North Korea's first-ever smartphone

Full story: The Washington Post

North Korea has unveiled its new smartphone, the "Arirang," an Android clone named after a famous Korean folk song that's also something of a national anthem.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Aug 18, 2013
Roosevelt

Oklee, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

It too will probably keep track of all the citizens movements and conversations will be stored on the phone for government retrieval just like on the Apple iPod phone.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Yay! I can not wait to download the Glorious Leader Apps! Yay!
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

MD Conservative wrote:
N.Korea and Smart? Isn't an oxymoron?
Well they can build a nuclear weapon so i figured a smart phone should be a breeze. They are using android so its not like they have to build their own OS though; just their own flavor.
New China

Zhengzhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

but it was told the mainboard is from shenzhen and os is android,

of cause most of chinese factories adopt this os ,too
Mike A Coloradoan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Judged:

Your average North Korean is a genius compared to your average doped-up, uneducated American. Countries like North Korea and Iran have every sanction that the international "community" can possibly put on them, yet they are still there. Occasional problems? Sure. Contrast with Africa or Haiti (if you are interested in finding stupid people-I doubt it), that has the whole world helping them, yet they still starve and make no progress at all, because they are totally incapable. White men create and forget. Asian men copy and remember. Black men do neither. Hey, why don't you vote one into the white house?
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Judged:

North Korea Best Korea

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

Which Korea is the Confederates? Are these smart phones available so that the Great Leader Kim Jong Phooey can tweet naked pictures to his people?

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Lamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Well they can build a nuclear weapon so i figured a smart phone should be a breeze. They are using android so its not like they have to build their own OS though; just their own flavor.
what flavor
USA USA USA USA USA USA

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

The Prudent Speculator wrote:
<quoted text> what flavor
Dirt.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••