North Korea threatens U.S. military

Full story: CNN

Ahead of annual, routine military exercises between South Korea and the United States, North Korea issued its usual caustic objections Saturday.

Comments (Page 84)

Showing posts 1,661 - 1,680 of1,880
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mokpo

Seoul, Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
$893 for my quarter. Myself and four kids. Sux !
i live in korea it costs me about $400 US a year. we here hear that australia is a long way behind the times compared with most developed countries now is that true. all the people from here that have been there we very surprised at your medical, infastructure,housing etc they say it seems really in need of major upgrading compared with most places

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>$893 for my quarter. Myself and four kids. Sux !
Yeah that's a lot.
I'd be going solar ASAP

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Mokpo wrote:
<quoted text>i live in korea it costs me about $400 US a year. we here hear that australia is a long way behind the times compared with most developed countries now is that true. all the people from here that have been there we very surprised at your medical, infastructure,housing etc they say it seems really in need of major upgrading compared with most places
We have the 6th largest country in the world with a population of 22-23 million people and have only had 200 odd years to build it. Plus we have one side of politics that loves to penny pinch and skimp on infrastructure. I think the backlog of infrastructure projects now is at about $200 billion dollars and now we need to find another $114 billion to connect the east coast of Aus by high speed rail.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Mokpo wrote:
<quoted text>i live in korea it costs me about $400 US a year. we here hear that australia is a long way behind the times compared with most developed countries now is that true. all the people from here that have been there we very surprised at your medical, infastructure,housing etc they say it seems really in need of major upgrading compared with most places
For medical infrastructure it's pretty good. There's a wait though if you've got something minor wrong and have to go to the hospital. But that's always the case when it's free..

Korean power is really cheap. We won't go nuclear because the greens have too much power here. Even though we have heaps of uranium..
abdul rashid

Ahmedabad, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Mokpo wrote:
<quoted text>
i never really thought of it like that. how right you are. i suppose the US wouldnt like it because then they couldnt police the world so easily and force others to conform. then again imagine other countries being able to use nuclear weaons against innocent people like the US does(hiroshima etc) we would have more to fear than just america then.
i mean every human being has a right to defend and give proper reply to the aggressor
Mokpo

Seoul, Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Tasmaniac wrote:
<quoted text>
For medical infrastructure it's pretty good. There's a wait though if you've got something minor wrong and have to go to the hospital. But that's always the case when it's free..
Korean power is really cheap. We won't go nuclear because the greens have too much power here. Even though we have heaps of uranium..
i know what your saying buy from what everyones saying and my experience it sounds a bit to anyiquated for my liking, most of us asians like something thats got a bit of tech behind it well
leave the horse and cart to u thanks

Since: Apr 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Tasmaniac wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. We get taxed high for the privilege of universal health care, free callouts when you need a doctor etc
Our daughter is in child care around 100 hours a fortnight which only costs us around $180. Plus we get $50 a fortnight parenting pay. So it's good like that. But we only earn $100k combined which is why.
And if you like shooting, you'll hate it here. It's very hard to get a gun and a licence unlike over there..
Sounds pretty good, health care is a little more costly here. And nah, I'm against shooting. I don't like all the violence going on here at all which is one in a few of the reasons I'm moving
zozzer

Heywood, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Everyone is blaming america for this nonsense,the americans always back down to koreas threats n south korea has always being bullied by the north its about time this stopped.it is all about kin.jong un earning brownie points..so blame whoever you want the facts are north korea are starving their own ppl n threatening innnocents n its wrong..nucleat ear didnt need to happen!!!
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

A giant politcal enema is in order.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Mokpo wrote:
<quoted text>i know what your saying buy from what everyones saying and my experience it sounds a bit to anyiquated for my liking, most of us asians like something thats got a bit of tech behind it well
leave the horse and cart to u thanks
That's the difference between Asians and us really. We spend $140 billion a year on social welfare. If we were like Korea and didn't do much to look after the poor, we would have much better infrastructure. But hey, thousands of people risk coming here on leaky boats every year to get a chance to live in our community..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Tito Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds pretty good, health care is a little more costly here. And nah, I'm against shooting. I don't like all the violence going on here at all which is one in a few of the reasons I'm moving
Ok. It's quite often hard to discuss that stuff with yanks because quite they buy into the propaganda that is spread by the pro gun idiots...

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Tasmaniac wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. It's quite often hard to discuss that stuff with yanks because quite they buy into the propaganda that is spread by the pro gun idiots...
Thats America for ya. People think its agains the "rights" to not let us own a gun, they just don't see how its causing violence. Also Americans tend to be minipulated by the media REAL easy. All you see now is sluts, raving parties, and random mass shootings. Its like everyone lost self value or something..
Mokpo

Seoul, Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Tasmaniac wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the difference between Asians and us really. We spend $140 billion a year on social welfare. If we were like Korea and didn't do much to look after the poor, we would have much better infrastructure. But hey, thousands of people risk coming here on leaky boats every year to get a chance to live in our community..
yeah a hear that, another reason why i think you might be heading backwards. its probably your governments fault. if they concentrated on building proper infrastructure instead of giving free money away all the people that are living there doing nothing would be forced into building the infrastructure and you all could benefit. is it true that your manufacturing has fallen to less than 4% of your income, that would be the lowest of any developed country.
Mokpo

Seoul, Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Tito Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats America for ya. People think its agains the "rights" to not let us own a gun, they just don't see how its causing violence. Also Americans tend to be minipulated by the media REAL easy. All you see now is sluts, raving parties, and random mass shootings. Its like everyone lost self value or something..
thats the picture painted of them in our country to. maybe thats why almost everyone on this forum thinks their in so much trouble. like other countries wanting to attack them and tgat kind of thing. they have more than 10000 murders a year by guns alone, thats more than 1 an hour. theres more murders there in the last fifteen years than deaths due to wars accross the entire globe over that same time frame. i think it would be a very scary place to live. iv visited im never going back thats what everyone i know says

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Mokpo wrote:
<quoted text>
thats the picture painted of them in our country to. maybe thats why almost everyone on this forum thinks their in so much trouble. like other countries wanting to attack them and tgat kind of thing. they have more than 10000 murders a year by guns alone, thats more than 1 an hour. theres more murders there in the last fifteen years than deaths due to wars accross the entire globe over that same time frame. i think it would be a very scary place to live. iv visited im never going back thats what everyone i know says
Its sad but true, its real dangerous here. I came walking home after school and some drunk teenage girl was throwing up in the street.. talk about ghetto. Over all I'm pretty fed up with this country, its just so trashy. I know Aus might be more expensive but hell thats the best bet for me and I'm positive ill do fine there.
Mitch

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

ima wrote:
guess they want to be pulverized! 1 million military? and they are all starved soldiers, they couldn't be that capable of doing much. Read somewhere that some of their citizens have been executed for cannibalism? their own babies? the dick starves the people and complains when they start eating each other. They need to get wiped out. How do they get away with threatening the whole world?
They have 1million ready to fight 8million active reserve but yes they are all starved I would love the USA to go to war with them they would be destroyed
thumper

Caledonia, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

abdul rashid wrote:
<quoted text> i mean every human being has a right to defend and give proper reply to the aggressor
who is the aggressor? some one who belives that every individual has the rights to their own beliefs. or one that indiscriminately kills those that do not comply with what they themselves believe?
Protect Yourself

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Would we like it much if Russia and China did wargames in Cuba for the 4th of July every year? And showed off advanced technology...

If Iran has forces in Canada near the border and was keeping Canada from being united with us & claiming to be protecting them from us, how would we feel?

If you were having a huge party (celebrating founders Bday) and a street gang was next to your house shooting guns (wargames), taking your beer money (sanctions) and threatening to take the girls (nukes) how would you feel?
thumper

Caledonia, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Protect Yourself wrote:
Would we like it much if Russia and China did wargames in Cuba for the 4th of July every year? And showed off advanced technology...
If Iran has forces in Canada near the border and was keeping Canada from being united with us & claiming to be protecting them from us, how would we feel?
If you were having a huge party (celebrating founders Bday) and a street gang was next to your house shooting guns (wargames), taking your beer money (sanctions) and threatening to take the girls (nukes) how would you feel?
where are you going with this? seams like an odd question that dose not have paralles to present situation.
Mokpo

Seoul, Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

thumper wrote:
<quoted text>who is the aggressor? some one who belives that every individual has the rights to their own beliefs. or one that indiscriminately kills those that do not comply with what they themselves believe?
i dont mean to sound rude but both parties behave in exactly the same manner, that is NK and america. both kill innocent people and both kill those that dont comply with their beliefs. and both hide behind various banners to achieve this

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,661 - 1,680 of1,880
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent North Korea Discussions

Search the North Korea Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Chinese-Korean border fence Thu The Speaker 1
North Koreans Go Very Hungry Apr 16 The Town Crier 1
Why did Kim Jong-un reject South Korea's jackpo... Apr 16 Nabaron 1
Senior S.Korean intelligence official... Apr 15 light7 1
In South Korea, draft dodgers go to prison, man... Apr 15 Supemeliberal 8
China blasts US accusation on Tibet (Dec '12) Apr 11 Johnny Saunders 4
How to Spot A Shadowy North Korean Business Apr 10 Jane 2
•••
•••