Should New Zealand be part of Australia?

Posted in the New Zealand Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 815 Comments Last updated May 12, 2014
First Prev
of 41
Next Last
Jenny

Auckland, New Zealand

#1 Jul 25, 2008
The 1901 Australian Constitution included provisions to allow New Zealand to join Australia as its seventh state, Would New Zealand benefit from being part of Australia or loss everything. What would this mean for Maori Land rights or New Zealand Immigration policy.

Since: Jul 08

Mars

#2 Jul 28, 2008
New Zealand should be another state of Australia and the sooner the better.
Scholls

Auckland, New Zealand

#3 Jul 30, 2008
Yes Please
aNd ThE sOnG gOeS

Auckland, New Zealand

#4 Aug 2, 2008
If New Zealand becomes Australia's 7th state, i would just cry
steve gedye

Auckland, New Zealand

#5 Aug 2, 2008
hell yes it should ive allways hoped we would be a part of australia
truekiwijoker

Skelmersdale, UK

#6 Aug 3, 2008
New Zealand and Australia are different nations. We aren't even all that similar.

I think New Zealand would lose out if we became a new state of Australia. We'd become like Tasmania; an overlooked, neglected backwater. We're too far away and wouldn't prosper within their economy. The talk of an ANZAC dollar is idiotic too, it would kill off everything we export.

I can't see what we'd gain from this foolishness either.

Since: Jul 08

Mars

#7 Aug 3, 2008
truekiwijoker wrote:
New Zealand and Australia are different nations. We aren't even all that similar.
Very similar in many ways if you can't see that you must be blind
Truekiwijoker

Skelmersdale, UK

#8 Aug 4, 2008
Tweeter wrote:
<quoted text>
Very similar in many ways if you can't see that you must be blind
Would you care to elaborate to what I'm blinded to Tweeter?

There are some similarities between New Zealanders and Australians, which isn't surprising as we were both once colonies in the British Empire.
Aucklanders, who are far from typical New Zealanders, are very similar to Sydneysiders, who are far from typical Australians.
In recent years there's been more of a sports obsession in New Zealand like there is in Australia.

But really we don't have that much in common with the Ockers at all from what I see. At least nowhere neas as much as we have with South Africans. I'm not certain if we've got more in common with the Aussies than we do the English. The Brash outspoken Aussie nature is in contrast to the aloof observant kiwi. New Zealand does not have a mainstream culture that is based around soap operas and celebrity obsession. The values of New Zealand is very much Anglo-Saxon protestant whereas Australia seems to be Irish or Scottish Catholic.

I suppose we've got more in common with the Aussies than the Cannucks. Perhaps you should ask whether this feeling of brotherhood is something you feel or is just some load of balls you've been brought up to believe. When you spend time with them you start seeing that you're 'un-Australian'.

Since: Jul 08

Mars

#9 Aug 4, 2008
Truekiwijoker wrote:
<quoted text>Would you care to elaborate to what I'm blinded to Tweeter?
There are some similarities between New Zealanders and Australians, which isn't surprising as we were both once colonies in the British Empire.
Aucklanders, who are far from typical New Zealanders, are very similar to Sydneysiders, who are far from typical Australians.
In recent years there's been more of a sports obsession in New Zealand like there is in Australia.
But really we don't have that much in common with the Ockers at all from what I see. At least nowhere neas as much as we have with South Africans. I'm not certain if we've got more in common with the Aussies than we do the English. The Brash outspoken Aussie nature is in contrast to the aloof observant kiwi. New Zealand does not have a mainstream culture that is based around soap operas and celebrity obsession. The values of New Zealand is very much Anglo-Saxon protestant whereas Australia seems to be Irish or Scottish Catholic.
I suppose we've got more in common with the Aussies than the Cannucks. Perhaps you should ask whether this feeling of brotherhood is something you feel or is just some load of balls you've been brought up to believe. When you spend time with them you start seeing that you're 'un-Australian'.
For a start if it wasn't for Auckland New Zealand would be nothing. The culture in NZ and OZ is very much the same always has been and always will be. The sooner NZ and OZ are the same country the better off we will be."The values of New Zealand is very much Anglo-Saxon protestant" WTF ???

You're really shooting your mouth off boy and have no idea what you're talking about. I have Irish on both my mothers and fathers side. Yes my father is Australian but his father was from Christchurch. Yes some of my ancestors were convicts sent to NSW between 1788 and 1818 but that's on my mothers side and she was born in Auckland as was her mother. I wonder how many Kiwis have a Grandparent of great Grandparent who came from Australia. I wonder how many Kiwis are decedents of convicts . My bet quite a few.

New Zealand has become a hippy like commune if Australia wanted to take it over they could just walk right in there and no one would stop them.

“life is fukcne great!!!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#10 Aug 4, 2008
how do you know so much about NZ?

Since: Jul 08

Mars

#11 Aug 4, 2008
koRnspaWn wrote:
how do you know so much about NZ?
Who are you adressing your question to ?

I'm sure that most people would know more about New Zealand than you.You really don't seem to know very much at all.
JaSan

Takeo, Japan

#12 Aug 4, 2008
I see a storm about to happen.....

Since: Jul 08

Mars

#13 Aug 4, 2008
JaSan wrote:
I see a storm about to happen.....
kind of cloudy outside you could be right.

“life is fukcne great!!!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#14 Aug 4, 2008
Tweeter wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you adressing your question to ?
I'm sure that most people would know more about New Zealand than you.You really don't seem to know very much at all.
you know who!
..and what is the need to belittle people you know absolutley 'nothing' about?
Ive read about people like you.

“life is fukcne great!!!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#15 Aug 4, 2008
both you, tweeter and jasan are a match made in the dump.
i guess tweeter has a monkey-man after all.
happy rotting together.

Since: Jul 08

Mars

#16 Aug 4, 2008
koRnspaWn wrote:
Ive read about people like you.
Really ?? I'm impressed.
steve gedye

Hamilton, New Zealand

#17 Aug 5, 2008
i got busted making explosives so if nz became part of oz atleast i culd get in there then
JaSan

Takeo, Japan

#18 Aug 5, 2008
steve gedye wrote:
i got busted making explosives so if nz became part of oz atleast i culd get in there then
are you constipated?
JaSan

Takeo, Japan

#19 Aug 5, 2008
koRnspaWn wrote:
both you, tweeter and jasan are a match made in the dump.
i guess tweeter has a monkey-man after all.
happy rotting together.
How lovely..only Tweeter has a Japanese wife. I have a Japanese Fiance`. By the way im female are you male Korny?
kerry

Brisbane, Australia

#20 Aug 5, 2008
Ozzies aint too friendly when it comes to new zealand lol I dont think that they want new zealand to be apart of them

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 41
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Zealand Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
List of current Polynesian ALLBLACKS =) (Jul '12) 8 min for the idiot 203
Is New Zealand fast becoming a 3rd world Country (Dec '13) 26 min 43lbt 29
An Open Letter To The Poor Of New Zealand 2 hr Random Dude 71
The Common mistake Non Muslims make about Muslims 2 hr Secular Citizen 30
Der Stürmer 4 hr Beastly 7
Rebels motorcycle Club (Dec '10) 4 hr Big Daddy 3,193
Ashburton shooting disturbing: Key 6 hr Beastly 2
Time to bury a dead TE REO 8 hr Tarris 305
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

New Zealand People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••