Boxing: Cameron gets title fight with Green

Sep 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The New Zealand Herald

The 34-year-old slugger will fight Australian veteran Danny Green for the vacant IBO cruiserweight title in Melbourne on November 21.

Comments
1 - 20 of 63 Comments Last updated Oct 2, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Dec 09

Auckland, New Zealand

#1 Sep 19, 2012
Cameron should go up against Alex leapai
Must_be_joking_m e

Sydney, Australia

#2 Sep 19, 2012
IBO is a joke boxing federation. Alex Leapai is a heavyweight while Shane Cameron is a cruiserweight.

Stick to KFC Sione...
Willy Wonka

Nelson, New Zealand

#3 Sep 20, 2012
5th round and Greens down!! nOthing to do with the name of the federation Bro!!
Must_be_joking_m e

Leichhardt, Australia

#4 Sep 20, 2012
Willy Wonka wrote:
nOthing to do with the name of the federation Bro!!
Um yes it does have everything to do with the federation.

IBO is a crap federation. That's why Danny Green in his late 40's after failing as a light heavyweight in better federations was able to win the Cruiserweight title until he lost it to another gatekeeper Antonio Traver.
The IBO is not recognised by the IBHOF like the WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO and it's champions are not considered "world champions". Cameron's career won;t go anywhere if he doesn't move on from the IBO and fight RANKED opponents.
Must_be_joking_m e

Leichhardt, Australia

#5 Sep 20, 2012
Sorry I meant Green is in his late 30's not 40's.
Willy Wonka

Nelson, New Zealand

#6 Sep 20, 2012
Either way Cameron will take him..
Must_be_joking_m e

Leichhardt, Australia

#7 Sep 20, 2012
Willy Wonka wrote:
Either way Cameron will take him..
If he does, who cares? Green is a washed-up never-was.

If he fights GOOD opponents like Guillermo Jones you can talk him up. Of course like 99% you know nothing about boxing and will only hear of guys Cameron will fight...
Willy Wonka

Nelson, New Zealand

#8 Sep 20, 2012
Must_be_joking_me wrote:
<quoted text>If he does, who cares? Green is a washed-up never-was.
If he fights GOOD opponents like Guillermo Jones you can talk him up. Of course like 99% you know nothing about boxing and will only hear of guys Cameron will fight...
calm down mate.. his last fight was,nt bad eh.. and Green can still fight... so will be good to see.
Must_be_joking_m e

Leichhardt, Australia

#9 Sep 20, 2012
Willy Wonka wrote:
<quoted text>calm down mate.. his last fight was,nt bad eh.. and Green can still fight... so will be good to see.
Well it's like watching Romania playing Japan in rugby.

You're not going to see the highest-level boxing.
Willy Wonka

Nelson, New Zealand

#10 Sep 20, 2012
Must_be_joking_me wrote:
<quoted text>Well it's like watching Romania playing Japan in rugby.
You're not going to see the highest-level boxing.
so you wont be watching or taking any more interest I presume.. all good
Must_be_joking_m e

Sydney, Australia

#11 Sep 20, 2012
Willy Wonka wrote:
<quoted text> so you wont be watching or taking any more interest I presume.. all good
Just saying there's not much to get excited over 's all...
Willy Wonka

Nelson, New Zealand

#12 Sep 20, 2012
still be a good fight mate.. you watch.. or will You? haha
FutureUSMC

Auckland, New Zealand

#13 Sep 20, 2012
Must_be_joking_me wrote:
<quoted text>Just saying there's not much to get excited over 's all...
Really need Mega jack on this as he's the expert, but yeah your right. I herd he was being considered to fight David Haye at one stage ?
Must_be_joking_m e

Sydney, Australia

#14 Sep 20, 2012
FutureUSMC wrote:
<quoted text> Really need Mega jack on this as he's the expert, but yeah your right. I herd he was being considered to fight David Haye at one stage ?
David Haye is a heavyweight and Cameron is a cruiserwiehgt so it's not likely to happen.

Cameron has sparred with Haye in the recent past.

“Sawadee Ka”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#15 Sep 20, 2012
Tittie fight!!!!!!!!!!
FutureUSMC

Auckland, New Zealand

#16 Sep 20, 2012
Must_be_joking_me wrote:
<quoted text>David Haye is a heavyweight and Cameron is a cruiserwiehgt so it's not likely to happen.
Cameron has sparred with Haye in the recent past.
Gaining a few pounds of muscle wouldn't be hard for Cameron. There's no opportunities in the light heavy weight division. If he wants to make a name of himself, eventually he will have to make the climb to the heavy weight division. He holds the pan pacific belt currently doesn't he ?
FutureUSMC

Auckland, New Zealand

#17 Sep 20, 2012
Hajime wrote:
Tittie fight!!!!!!!!!!
What the hell ?
Must_be_joking_m e

Leichhardt, Australia

#18 Sep 21, 2012
FutureUSMC wrote:
<quoted text> Gaining a few pounds of muscle wouldn't be hard for Cameron. There's no opportunities in the light heavy weight division. If he wants to make a name of himself, eventually he will have to make the climb to the heavy weight division. He holds the pan pacific belt currently doesn't he ?
Actually he's cruiserweight, not light-heavyweight.

Although you're right he would only have to spend ~6months and be okay for the heavyweight division. But he'd be doing so in his mid 30's and be up against bigger guys in their natural size. I think he should stay n cruiserweight if he wants to make any decent money in boxing. But hey I'm no expert...
jay z

Auckland, New Zealand

#19 Sep 23, 2012
Shane cameron gonna get his mouth face smashed in GO THE MACHINE DANNY GREEN ALL DA WAY
Willy Wonka

Nelson, New Zealand

#20 Sep 23, 2012
Hajime wrote:
Tittie fight!!!!!!!!!!
about time someone made some sense!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Zealand Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Abbott earmarks NZ as a nuclear waste dump... 25 min Tarris 9
Jews Steal More Land 39 min Tarris 7
PEOPLE there are more then three subjects we ca... 50 min Tarris 18
Ashburton shooting disturbing: Key 3 hr Sand Man 26
Which is better Australia or New Zealand 4 hr Dalai Lion 15
Poverty, Wealth, and the Election 4 hr Dave Cunilips 5
Is New Zealand fast becoming a 3rd world Country (Dec '13) 4 hr Random Dude 65
An Open Letter To The Poor Of New Zealand 5 hr Random Dude 99
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

New Zealand People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••