UF: Shark attacks on the rise, 1 fatality in 2007

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

A swimmer vacationing in the South Pacific was the only victim of a fatal shark attack in 2007, while the number of shack attacks for the year was up, the University of Florida said Tuesday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Matt

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

I grew up in the Central Pacific and personally know shark attack victims. I have looked at the statistics for my area in the UF database and the numbers don't match up. I think one must realize that attaks in remote areas of the Pacific, like where I was, don't get reported to the Western World. I am not saying the article is incorrect, but don't think that only one person was killed in the Pacific. It is a vast area, many of which no outside people visit.
Jim

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

If I ever die from a shark attact.

I have one request. It not be reported as "mistaken Identity"

If I die because I was Lunch. I die because I was lunch.
Captain Quint

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

We're gonna need a bigger boat !
Al Brenneka

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

Remember when viewing the ISAF stats on shark attacks that they only count certain attacks that meet one person’s criteria. There is never any proof offered by the ISAF to prove the stats you are now reading.
If you visit www.sharkattacksurvivors.com/shark_attack/ you can read about each attack reported for the year 2007. Out of almost forty people known to be eaten or killed by sharks in 2007 only one is counted by the ISAF.
Bathers, swimmers, surfers, or anyone planning to visit the beaches you should visit www.sharkattacksurvivors.com to get the actual shark attack figures.
The figures you are reading from the ISAF are biased toward tourism and shark conservation, NOT your safety.
Al Brenneka
www.sharkattacksurvivors.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent New Caledonia Discussions

Search the New Caledonia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Yodi pills for breast enlargement call Dr jomoo... Apr 9 dr jomoo 1
dfhfdh (Jul '11) Mar 18 xfgjnsfh 11
ingkang saged boso jowo mlebet mriki (Mar '11) Feb '14 fahruroji 48
Medivac flight saves Ha - apai boy Feb '14 boruone77 1
Tongans top medal tally in South Pacific Bodybu... Oct '13 Ezy 6
Interested to live, work ,study, and migrate in... (Sep '06) Oct '13 wera ruth atieno 38
black money cleaning (Aug '12) Sep '13 Paul felix 4
•••
•••
•••
•••