Silver by default

Full story: Lancaster News

Even though Van Wyck native Shawn Crawford didn't bring home the gold, family members and other local supporters are prouder than ever of his 2008 Olympic performance.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Curacao1969

Willemstad, Netherlands Antilles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

Judged:

Stepping on the line is different from stepping out of the line. USA think ther are "god" that they see, they hear, they know everything. What difference would it have made because non of the sprinters did not dsturb non of the runners. I think they should eliminate both disqualification with the reason that " non of the 2 sprinters did not disturb anybody" and then everything would go back to normal. Churandy would receive his medal.

Winning by running the race is real winning. Winning because someone else got disqualified is not winning. Lets say Churandy did not step "on" the lane would Shawn Crawford still win?/ NO NO and NO, because Churandy is faster then both USA sprinters.
Supporter

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2008

Watch out for the pressconference on the courtcase on monday 3rd of Nov in the Netherlands Antilles...some groundbreaking news
johnboy214

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

It's not about disturbing others. It's about the rules. Just like cheating in a class doesn't disturb others but once you are caught it's a "0" you get. The same goes here, there are rules and Churandy has learned a valuable lesson. It's regrettable but we must learn to accept this. I'm a perfectionist so i have no trouble accepting this loss.
matt

Pescara, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2009

[URL=http://s03.flagcounter.co m/more/0HU6][IMG]http://s03.fl agcounter.com/count/0HU6/bg=ff d377/txt=000000/border=000000/ columns=2/maxflags=8/viewers=0 /labels=1/pageviews=1.gif[/IMG ][/URL]
matt

Pescara, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2009

Joker

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2009

Stop di jora

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Netherlands Antilles Discussions

Search the Netherlands Antilles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mophie Space Pack Jun '14 Francesco Sinibaldi 4
Ys: Dutch Caribbean isles must foster trade amo... Jun '14 unknown 1
Bringing all students of the caribbean them May '14 Mr D 1
Trekking Guide recommended In Nepal (Jan '12) May '14 nepalholidayplanner 6
Georgia Passport Apr '14 Tbilisi 3
Call +27780945031 Brand New Booty. Female Butt... Apr '14 dr jomoo 1
do you need a loan to pay your bill (Sep '13) Apr '14 Robinpeterson 4
•••
•••